The Sentry #1 by Jeff Lemire: Sneak Peak - Sentry busting a Planet/Moon???

Lord_of_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lord_of_Light

So the sneak peak of few uncolored pages of Sentry comic has been released, the first page features Sentry fighting some monsters, possibly related to Void, the details regarding the story have yet to be revealed, so the context is mostly missing here.

Now the second, more interesting of course, page shows Sentry destroying either a planet or a moon (it is not specified, yet), as well there hovering some very pissed off guy in a suit.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thoughts regarding this?

Lord_of_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn Nice! looks like he went through the moon, with his powerlevel thats easy. BRB casually do this too which i believe is beneath him

FFbcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The character needs to just fu*ck off and die, its basically a rip off on Miracle Man, evil Superman and a lost Aquaman Booster Gold style out of time character Rick Veitch created which made the Sentry

Legally 'Jenkins' is credited as his creator

Jenkins wrote a stand alone story in Marvel Knights, it was a one off

Bendis got this story now that Marvel owned a new comicbook creation and Bendis out of his mind on alcohol and drugs and under comicbook deadline pressures and without understanding how the Marvel Universe worked tries his best to force Sentry into 'canon'. Crap writer Bendis to replace blonde Thor with the Blond Drug Addict Bum called Sentry, force the Sentry into 616 continuity and give him random crap powers, which is a shame because Bendis used to write great street level stories

Sentry is a perfect example of how NOT to write a comicbook

it is forever a curse on Bendis just as wrecking ball is a curse on miley cyrus

Sentry made an un-interesting villain and an even less interesting hero

Marvel needs to keep him dead, easily Marvel's most mishandled character

You can see with Fallen Sun and the whole Rogue having sex with the Sentry that Jenkins wants to keep him dead and will probably never write for Marvel again, I hear he has kinda moved on from DC also and is doing stuff with independents like work with Boom! Studios.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

muh feats

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_of_light:

Thanks for the tag friend. I wouldn't have been able to see this due to being busy and not around a computer much. So again thanks! Anyways, as for what I think? Oh man... I knew something like this was going to happen but NOT this dang quick. Because I knew how Jeff Lemire wrote Thanos I knew he was going to write the Sentry like this. But geez... The first issue? I assumed Jeff Lemire like he stated would mostly use the first issue as a psychological thriller story but it seems like this will be more.

Anyways, I tried telling people, "wait and see" when the ongoing comes out. This is why I said I am staying out of Sentry debates until the ongoing is released because we are going to get stuff like this that further proves the naysayers wrong. But I'll be safe and say it looks more like a moon but we'll have to see for sure. And I very curious who the guy is. Can't wait for issue 1.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffbcoat:

You know? You can just NOT purchase the ongoing and not read anything with him in it. Simple.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like lots of characters moon bust these days.

Lord_of_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WAIT....WAIT......sentrys back?

Yeah, he made his comeback in Sorcerer Supreme Loki story arc in Doctor Strange (#381-385)

since when did he get out of the death seed?

Doctor Strange did that, it was not explained how, since it was off-panel, but he did do that.

Lord_of_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lord_of_Light

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

Thanks for the tag friend. I wouldn't have been able to see this due to being busy and not around a computer much. So again thanks! Anyways, as for what I think? Oh man... I knew something like this was going to happen but NOT this dang quick. Because I knew how Jeff Lemire wrote Thanos I knew he was going to write the Sentry like this. But geez... The first issue? I assumed Jeff Lemire like he stated would mostly use the first issue as a psychological thriller story but it seems like this will be more.

Anyways, I tried telling people, "wait and see" when the ongoing comes out. This is why I said I am staying out of Sentry debates until the ongoing is released because we are going to get stuff like this that further proves the naysayers wrong. But I'll be safe and say it looks more like a moon but we'll have to see for sure. And I very curious who the guy is. Can't wait for issue 1.

No problem, mate, will tag more if there are more news regarding Robert. :)

And yeah, it was surprising to see that kind of power straight up from the 1st issue, i bet power-levels are gonna be crazy under Lemire's watch, so i agree that wait and see mentality fits here perfectly fine here.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: reeeeeeeeeee, dont diss my feats

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if both pages are connected, it's definitely a planet.

Art looks cool asf too

Lord_of_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scans?

There are no scans of that, it was only stated that he found DSS and sorta fixed him, i already said in previous post that this part was done OFF-PANEL.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

No problem, mate, will tag more if there are more news regarding Robert. :)

And yeah, it was surprising to see that kind of power straight up from the 1st issue, i bet power-levels are gonna be crazy under Lemire's watch, so i agree that wait and see mentality fits here perfectly fine here.

Yep...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if both pages are connected, it's definitely a planet.

Art looks cool asf too

I personally doubt it. Because if the first scan we see his Watchtower which is located in NYC along with the city itself. I HIGHLY doubt the Sentry will be destroying Earth. This would only be true if... It was a different dimension or something of that nature. Sentry world? But I still believe that is something that's in his mind.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: That's exactly why I said it'd be a planet busting feat, because of the tower in the back. I just assumed it as a 'different Earth' scenario lol.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@itouchedtheboat said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: That's exactly why I said it'd be a planet busting feat, because of the tower in the back. I just assumed it as a 'different Earth' scenario lol.

Could very well be but we will know for sure once the first issue comes out. I trust Lemire a lot especially after his run with Thanos.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh I likey

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Care to explain how the hell is Sentry a rip off of Superman? I swear its like everyone who compares Sentry to Superman haven't read his comics.

The only thing they have in common is the "S"

Sentry's powers are different than Supes, his personality is different, HIS ORIGIN is different.

@ffbcoat said:

The character needs to just fu*ck off and die, its basically a rip off on Miracle Man, evil Superman and a lost Aquaman Booster Gold style out of time character Rick Veitch created which made the Sentry

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@death2heretics:

Ignore him. His type are only gonna get more angry especially with the nonstop rumors of Sentry appearing in the MCU in phase 4.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanna point out that whether this is a moon or planet feat... This feat finally and cleanly debunks the idea that "the Sentry was at his 'best' against WW Hulk", the Photon fight wasn't enough, but this is because its clean and "straight to the point."

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Sentry got stronger since then

Nope disagree... Sentry's fight with Photon they destroyed a planet and the narration said during the fight they were holding back. And that fight happened BEFORE World War Hulk. But it was usually ignored because the handbook confirmed that a planet was destroyed and so people constantly played it down. Common sense of the fight told us Sentry was mentally unstable and he becomes WEAKER due to his mental instability similar to Molecule Man. That was also argued against. But here we see Sentry one shotting a moon or planet easily. If he was at his best with Hulk then he would've done that. If you mean he has gotten stronger as in Doctor Strange fixing his mental blocks then agreed.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: No he wouldn't? Why would sentry destroy Earth

Can you give specifics?

If you're talking about his fight with Photon then it was a planet in the microverse. If it was his fight with WW Hulk then that only further proves my point in that he wasn't even using his max power...

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By doctor223

Why Sentry has a family?I remember Sentry of age is a story of Reed