User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5af11b4bb7058
deactivated-5af11b4bb7058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well if Star Lord hadn't been emotional, Thor would have killed Thanos with that hit anyway.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

The point is that if it wasn't for Starlord, Thor wouldn't need to kill anyone, so he's less responsible.

Of course that can go far, far away.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The point is that if it wasn't for Starlord, Thor wouldn't need to kill anyone, so he's less responsible.

Of course that can go far, far away.

@cadillac said:

Well if Star Lord hadn't been emotional, Thor would have killed Thanos with that hit anyway.

Mantis said she couldn't hold him forever and Strange wasn't hurting Thanos at all I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up taking the gauntlet back

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

@kgb725:

They were almost there and they could've teleported away or just overpower him without any infinity stones.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kgb725

@anthp2000: Strange couldn't teleport back to earth and everyone but strange was getting rag dolled

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Heatforce

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the Russos have had to explain so much about the movie?

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're right, but that's what happens when you make mistakes. I actually don't blame Star Lord for what he did, as if I was in the same situation I don't think I would have done any different.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: It’s not explaining anything to dispel confusion, it’s simply responding to the hate Star Lord is getting. So yes, you might be the only one.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: then starlord should no longer be captain. It's easy to forgive Starlord because you like the character but I like him too and his decision was incredibly selfish.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: well this isn't the only plot point they had to explain. Like where did the other asgardians go and valk.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devilmenworks

It was very selfish of him and fans have a right to be angry at Starlord because he missed up royally. Starlord literally had to wait like 2 more minutes and Thanos wouldn't have the gauntlet and could have gave him hell. I might be in the minority but I wouldn't have attacked Thanos immediately, I would have waited until the gauntlet was taken off.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I thought it was pretty obvious that they used escape pods, or Thanos let them go since he only kills half the population of a world/race. But fair enough

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By legacy6364

Why are people angry. Starlord was true to his character. On top of that Dr. Strange already foresaw that the scenario that occurred was the only way to win in the long term.

I didn't see anyone bitch when Dr. Strange and Ironman decided to bring the Time Stone to Titan, instead of hiding it anywhere else.

I didn't see any one bitch when Thanos left the one Dwarf alive who can create something to harm him.

I didn't see anyone bitch when Thor didn't aim for the head.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I didn't mind it. I just can't stand how Doctor Strange's "one road to victory in 14 million scenarios" blanket is being used to cover every criticism of the movie. It's like some fanboys are saying this movie is perfect in any way and if you have a problem with anything--don't worry--cause the writers meant to do every single thing on purpose so that Thanos will ultimately lose.

P.S. I'm not trying to mock any of the previous posts. I just think that one line is a total cop out for the writers.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I blame them, the way the sotry and scene were displayed comes off as it is all Star Lords fault ( Which debabtebly it is, IMO that's bad writing)

I hate in movies where its clearly one characters fault and they dersve all the blame but in the context of the film it didn't really matter too much towards the outcome.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

"I would argue that the fan base could be equally upset with Thor, who chose to throw that ax into Thanos chest and not his head," Joe Russo tells ComicBook.com. "Because he wanted to tell Thanos that he got his revenge."

"Had he gone for a kill shot, that snap would not have happened. These are choices that characters who are feeling immense pain make and hopefully, the audience can learn to empathise with those characters because they can grow through stories," Joe Russo went on. "Stories can teach us things and that we should try to see every choice from the perspective of the character that made the choice."

Damn it. I didn't even consider that about Thor. This movie keeps on getting better the more I think about it.

In regards to Star-Lord:

1. It was completely in character of him to do it.
  2. It seems like the right thing to do considering Strange said "this was the only way." The scenario in which they win involves Thanos getting the glove back.

Movie fans can be so shallow sometimes.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh..

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was in-character and it's about time Star-Lord learned that this isn't a good way to react. If written well later, this can be a turning point so that when he returns, he practices being more composed in emotional situations. He also acted impulsively against Ego when the universe was at stake. He just had to shoot Ego and get on his bad side quickly. Good thing Rocket and Yondu arrived in time.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By jashugan

@kgb725: how would thanos get the gauntlet back if Tony took it and wore it or flew away with it or if strange teleported with it?

It's almost like viners don't understand saying "it's in character" doesn't invalidate bad writing

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Who would you rather lead the Guardians?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@kgb725: how would thanos get the gauntlet back if Tony took it and wore it or flew away with it or if strange teleported with it?

It's almost like viners don't understand saying "it's in character" doesn't invalidate bad writing

Stronger beings than him couldn't even hold 1 gem let alone 4 at once not to mention he wouldn't know how to use it and flying around a random planet he's never been to is a terrible strategy and that doesn't even have an end game to it he's just delaying the inevitable by doing that

Strange telling Tony to take the ship back to Earth is a pretty big indicator he can't teleport all over the galaxy at will

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#23 wildvine  Moderator

Again, Gamora stood by and watch Quill freak out, and she had a freaking knife. She did nothing, she is just as to blame.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

He hunts them down again. The time stone only showed one way to victory. That means other options that may win the battle will lose them the war.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashugan

@kgb725: Tony doesn't need to know how to use the gauntlet to keep it away from Thanos.

The team was on titan long enough to formulate a plan. Tony in his new suit can fly ridiculously fast, strange can easily open portal's for multiple people, even to places he's never personally been to on the same planet. If either of these two characters wanted they could've kept the infinity gauntlet away from Thanos.

At this point thanos would have no way to get the gauntlet back unless you believe the team is too incompetent to keep the gauntlet away from Thanos.

@rebake:when the next movie releases and we see some ridiculous way they defeat thanos and bring everyone back, you'd wish quill was less stupid in this movie.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsterStomp

I thought it was pretty well founded why Star Lord reacted the way he did. He just found out the love of his life was killed. I don't blame him for lashing out.

I don't know why people are quick to blame. I personally liked Thanos that much, I didn't want the heroes to be victorious (not the first time at least).

Even when Thor was about to kill him outright. A lot of people cheered as if he was killing someone truly evil.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@kgb725: Tony doesn't need to know how to use the gauntlet to keep it away from Thanos.

The team was on titan long enough to formulate a plan. Tony in his new suit can fly ridiculously fast, strange can easily open portal's for multiple people, even to places he's never personally been to on the same planet. If either of these two characters wanted they could've kept the infinity gauntlet away from Thanos.

At this point thanos would have no way to get the gauntlet back unless you believe the team is too incompetent to keep the gauntlet away from Thanos.

@rebake:when the next movie releases and we see sombre ridiculous way they defeat thanos and bring everyone back, you'd with quill was less stupid in this movie.

No but you said he could use it which would probably fail.

Strange saw 14 million futures I guarantee you he thought of playing keep away in at least 1 of them . If they did that I bet Thanos would more likely than not start killing every other person who was there until they brought the gauntlet back

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashugan

@kgb725: what strange saw is largely irrelevant. We don't know what he saw or how the end game will really happen. Hell, literally everyone on titan was faster than thanos except mantis and Drax . Quill has a jetpack , Tony is fast and strong enough to fly with one person, Spiderman is fast and agile while strange himself had portals for anyone that needed it.

The worst things about stories that utilize time shenanigans is that the majority of them are dumb. In any case, strange could've just locked thanos in time, but that didn't happen either.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@kgb725: what strange saw is largely irrelevant. We don't know what he saw or how the end game will really happen. Hell, literally everyone on titan was faster than thanos except mantis and Drax . Quill has a jetpack , Tony is fast and strong enough to fly with one person, Spiderman is fast and agile while strange himself had portals for anyone that needed it.

The worst things about stories that utilize time shenanigans is that the majority of them are dumb. In any case, strange could've just locked thanos in time, but that didn't happen either.

Youre literally saying just run around with no clear solution.. Thanos has the ability to teleport you're forgetting that

Strange hasn't shown the ability to lock anything in time

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kgb725 said:
@jashugan said:

Youre literally saying just run around with no clear solution.. Thanos has the ability to teleport you're forgetting that

Strange hasn't shown the ability to lock anything in time

With the gauntlet. No gauntlet = no teleporting.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: with no gauntlet, no teleportation, No planet destruction/moon destruction, no telekinesis, no beams, none of that. You're very clearly not reading what I'm typing, so stop typing more crap. If the group we're successful and Star lord wasn't an idiot, it would be near impossible for Thanos to even win. Most of his army was on Earth at this point, Titan is practically destroyed. Who would Thanos call for help that would get there in time? A random spaceship that the group could take out? Hell, Tony could even go the distance by dividing the gems again or even trying to destroy them.

The time gem allows strange to stop time, rewind time or do a time loop. Strange still had the time gem yet throughout the entire movie, he only used it to "see the possible futures". Not in battle, not to stop Maw, not to stop Thanos. Yet in his original movie, he was just using it all around.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uugieboogie

@jashugan said:

@kgb725: with no gauntlet, no teleportation, No planet destruction/moon destruction, no telekinesis, no beams, none of that. You're very clearly not reading what I'm typing, so stop typing more crap. If the group we're successful and Star lord wasn't an idiot, it would be near impossible for Thanos to even win. Most of his army was on Earth at this point, Titan is practically destroyed. Who would Thanos call for help that would get there in time? A random spaceship that the group could take out? Hell, Tony could even go the distance by dividing the gems again or even trying to destroy them.

The time gem allows strange to stop time, rewind time or do a time loop. Strange still had the time gem yet throughout the entire movie, he only used it to "see the possible futures". Not in battle, not to stop Maw, not to stop Thanos. Yet in his original movie, he was just using it all around.

He actually did attempt to use it on Maw. That's when Maw wrapped him up in those vines to keep him from using his hands.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Again I hate the scene because it does feel like lazy written where something stupid happen so the movie can keep going.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: which isn't that great of a reason given that his fight against Thanos, gave him enough time beforehand.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rebake

@jashugan said:

@rebake:when the next movie releases and we see some ridiculous way they defeat thanos and bring everyone back, you'd wish quill was less stupid in this movie.

Any arguments using part 2 are weak until it happens. But if it wasn't Star-Lord, it would've been something else. The war would just be longer. That's how fate works, and as shown in Dr. Strange, some things can't be avoided.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its all part of stranges plan

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people angry. Starlord was true to his character. On top of that Dr. Strange already foresaw that the scenario that occurred was the only way to win in the long term.

I didn't see anyone bitch when Dr. Strange and Ironman decided to bring the Time Stone to Titan, instead of hiding it anywhere else.

I didn't see any one bitch when Thanos left the one Dwarf alive who can create something to harm him.

Why would anyone complain about that? Tony's plan worked until Star Lord ruined it, IIRC Peter even removed the gauntlet but Thanos was able to grab it back since Quil woke him up a second before Peter grabbed it. So it was a decent decision on Tony's part, he just didn't account for Quil's stupidity.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Quill and Thor are idiots.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe they already had to address more than you know who ever did.

If half of the clowns in here were consistent they would've been all over this flick proving it's shit.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake: if it wasn't star lord it would be no one else

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By legacy6364

@major_hellstrom said:
@legacy6364 said:

Why would anyone complain about that? Tony's plan worked until Star Lord ruined it, IIRC Peter even removed the gauntlet but Thanos was able to grab it back since Quil woke him up a second before Peter grabbed it. So it was a decent decision on Tony's part, he just didn't account for Quil's stupidity.

What the hell are you talking about. Tony didn't even know the Guardians of The Galaxy existed until after he and Strange planned to go Titan. Which still still meant bringing the Time Stone closer to Thanos.

Tony's plan was for him and Dr. Strange, a man he just met who he had no true understanding of his powers and skills to take on Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Star-Lord thing was just lazy writing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstrom said:
@legacy6364 said:

What the hell are you talking about. Tony didn't even know the Guardians of The Galaxy existed until after he and Strange planned to go Titan. Which still still meant bringing the Time Stone closer to Thanos.

I am saying that Tony's plan to take Thanos by surprise worked, Quil just messed it up, so it was not a dumb plan on his part. Now when they fought Thanos they did have the help of the GotG but asides from Mantis, the GotG weren't actually needed and Strange could have potentially filled her role in the plan with the time gem or some spell. We don't know, but what we do know, is that the plan was working.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was still incredibly annoying throughout the movie

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I thought it was pretty obvious that they used escape pods, or Thanos let them go since he only kills half the population of a world/race. But fair enough

Well not trying to be rude but if it was that obvious we would know, not speculate. Remember, Thanos broke his word and killed all the Dwarves.

@alavanka said:

@heatforce: Who would you rather lead the Guardians?

Rocket or a new member. If gamora was alive she would be the first choice.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: but we did know, Thor specifically tells the guardians that he lost only half of his race

Now, in regards to where they went, we’ll probably find out later, but for their actual fate, we were told in the movie.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: yes Thor does apparently say Thanos only killed half, the problem though is that it's not shown at all in the movie. Which is why the Russos have to play the explain-game. Now to be fair, in one of my favorite DCEU movies BvS, Clark claimed he killed no one even after bullrushing the terrorist leader. Snyder had to come out eventually and clarify that the terrorist did indeed live. But if the scene were shot slightly different, the question wouldn't exist. Get what I'm saying?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

How am I typing crap ? You offered no solution other than run around the planet. That literally accomplishes nothing other than delaying him and pissing him off to the point he would start killing everyone.

Strange had no concept for consequences in his first film also he couldn't rewind time and get Dormammu off of Earth he does not have complete mastery over time. Strange has only rewound time and a time loop wouldn't work on Thanos because he would understand what is happening

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Strange had no concept for consequences in his first film also he couldn't rewind time and get Dormammu off of Earth he does not have complete mastery over time. Strange has only rewound time and a time loop wouldn't work on Thanos because he would understand what is happening

Its exactly the other way round, a time loop wouldn't work on Thanos because he would NOT understand what is happening, which is the difference with Dormammu who did understood and knew he would be stuck there forever.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: how the hell would time loop not work on Thanos? Can you get a citation showing that it won't? Or time rewind which strange used?

Getting the weapon from the villain is a solution. You completely ignored how it would be unfeasible for thanos to start killing everyone if they teleported or flew from him