The reason for Wonder Woman's positive reviews.

• 153 results
HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It's clear and obvious that the only reason why the WW film is getting so much positive feedback is because critics and reviewers are afraid from any negative backlash from the feminist community. With WW being such an icon in the comic industry and for her to get any bashing is the clear reason for the such good reviews. I hope there are still reviewers and critics who are not afraid of such backlash and can stand their grounds and not go all political correct with their reviews.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Possibly, or it could just be good. I am skeptical of the reviews. Given the infamous all-female screening, the movie is clearly aimed towards promoting feminism, and WW as a whole kind of is too. Not that that is bad, but it can affect how people judge it.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sineyaprime
Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Transformers1024

Critics are probably pretty tired of constantly being yelled at for being "Marvel biased" so they felt obligated to go into this film with a nicer perspective and give it a positive review before they follow through with their "agenda" and deconstruct Justice League.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. They're trying to avoid feminism backlash and trying to appeal to feminists for popularity. The movie really is milking the girl power aspect for all it can and the reviewers are no different. I'm tired of tiptoeing around PC culture. This is why Trump won.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't judge it yet because I haven't seen the film. Who knows, it could be that good. However, I am skeptical of the reviews in general. A 97% is quite suspicious to me. Heck, my one of my favorite movies is Interstellar and it got a 71!!! (The nerve of those fools lol)

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This could be true or it could be a good movie. There doesn't seem to be as much negativity with this movie as other DC movies. One of the reasons I can guess at right now is the Character is actually portrayed like her comic book but we shall see.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saving any accusations/whining about PC/Feminism/etc until I actually see the movie.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't judge it yet because I haven't seen the film. Who knows, it could be that good. However, I am skeptical of the reviews in general. A 97% is quite suspicious to me. Heck, my one of my favorite movies is Interstellar and it got a 71!!! (The nerve of those fools lol)

Interstellar was let down by the lack of explanation at the end.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're even doing woman only screenings just to appeal for better reviews. And it worked.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That is a possibility... On the other hand, really really radical feminist publications such as HuffingtonPost and the Guardian that otherwise defended a movie like Justjusters on principle were really disappointed with Wonder Woman. I don't know really...

I will hold my judgment until I see the movie, but I am just making this observation.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt said:

Hm... I suppose. Perhaps my interests in Physics is what made me enjoy the film so well.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

This is like saying the only reason 12 Years a Slave got good reviews was to avoid backlash from black people.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By comicace3

What about all the other movies with women taking the lead roles that were trash according to reviews?

Wonder Woman maybe that good. Everyone thought that reviewers were being biased towards DC but the one time they do a good review there has to be some sort of explanation behind it.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or, or it's actually a great movie. Just a thought

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@comicace3: If you don't believe WB paid critics in exchange for good reviews, then you're part of the problem.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By comicace3

@transformers1024 said:

@comicace3: If you don't believe WB paid critics in exchange for good reviews, then you're part of the problem.

Pft. Then I guess I am. I also didn't believe they were biased towards Marvel so there's that.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zr0c00l

I think it's a mixed bag of pandering. Sadness over the recent tragedy for snyders family and the movie actually being good.... though I do find it weird that the same reviewers that crucify snyders work are praising this when he wrote the screenplay (I mentioned snyder so obligatory biblical analogies had to be made)

But yeah I think 97% is probably being extremely generous but I can't wait to see for myself

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lel

your going to trigger some people

but for real in all honesty lets just wait till the movie actually comes out

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@human_rocket:

Did tou not like it? I haven't been given any indication that the film is that bad, to the point where good criticism is obviously politicized.

It isn't like the Ghostbusters debacle, where the whole campaign was a disaster. And, everything pointed the the movie being bad. WW had good trailers, and a decent buildup.....it very well could just be a good movie.

Though, if anything, it's probably because of the negative attention attached to it, because of the large DC cinematic universe. With so much bad reviews and thoughts on DCU, many assumed WW probably wouldn't be much different. So, when tou have low expectations, mediocrity could impress tou. Mi mean not to say that the movie in mediocre...just that expectations are a big defining factor.....

d^_^b

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator

Film with prominent female role gets positive reviews=blatant pandering to feminists and SJW's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it was actually really good. Why can't it be?

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, just let a DC movie be for once...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, this would have been a plausible theory if critics hadn't trashed Supergirl. I haven't seen WW yet, but I seriously doubt it panders to girl power as much as Supergirl does.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt said:

And... for all it's triumphs. It was a bit pretentious.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's clear and obvious that the only reason why the WW film is getting so much positive feedback is because critics and reviewers are afraid from any negative backlash from the feminist community. With WW being such an icon in the comic industry and for her to get any bashing is the clear reason for the such good reviews. I hope there are still reviewers and critics who are not afraid of such backlash and can stand their grounds and not go all political correct with their reviews.

Did you watched the movie?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No Caption Provided

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this thread is just a tongue-in-cheek thread.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are so scared of women.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saving any accusations/whining about PC/Feminism/etc until I actually see the movie.

This.

Maybe it's an actually a good movie.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

No Caption Provided

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mitran

@maestro_ said:

Yes? That's kind of the point of the thread. They're so scared that WW gets no honest reviews.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really trust any reviews,

Which is why I am waiting for my fodder to make a sacrifice for the greater good and report back.

don't worry I'm patient.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"clear and obvious" Have you even seen the film yet? Oh that's right it hasn't been released yet. Why not wait to see it for yourself before you condemn it? 0/10 bait

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You're right man. No way could it be the critics have made it obvious that they simply don't like bad films and the enjoy seemingly good ones. DC paid da critics and Marvel rigged the universe, derp a herp...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

They're even doing woman only screenings just to appeal for better reviews. And it worked.

That's not true. A chain of movie theaters had a woman only screening, DC/WB didn't have anything to do with it and it certainly didn't have anything to do with 'appealing for better reviews', it was a charitable function. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying Budweiser is somehow responsible because your local bar decide's to have a 'ladies drink free night'.

@lukehero said:

You're right man. No way could it be the critics have made it obvious that they simply don't like bad films and the enjoy seemingly good ones. DC paid da critics and Marvel rigged the universe, derp a herp...

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestro_ said:

With good reason, I might add...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#41 frozen  Moderator

I recognize Feminism for the cancer it is but this is just silly.

Maestro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Maestro_

Thread like this really, really don't make the 'all comic fans are sad virgins' stereotype go away lmfao

SilenceDogood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SilenceDogood

Feminists are holding the whole damn world hostage.

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thesenate

@ready_4_madness: I saw this coming from a mile away when I saw the positive reactions rolling it

SilenceDogood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SilenceDogood

Just another ploy by the feminists and the liberal elite to control us.

Quit being sheeple.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@frozen said:

I recognize Feminism for the cancer it is but this is just silly.

I try not to get too political, but the grand irony is there's Feminist who want to castrate all men and other Feminists who try to say "Feminism just means equality" - which begs the question, why are you calling yourself a feminist in the first place instead of "pro gender quality" or something. The word feminist doesn't exactly sound like it has the interests of men in mind in any way.

Again though, don't want to open that can of words, these were always my thoughts on the matter though.

As for this thread. Yeah. Dumb.

SilenceDogood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Cancer is putting it too nicely.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By King_Nomarch
No Caption Provided

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it getting good reviews just to appease Feminists and PC Culture?

Is it just really that good of a film?

Or is it just mediocre at best but way more of an improvement than the past films in such a way that people want to celebrate it and even hype it up to no end that it'll drown out any negative criticisms?

Who knows really. However it goes without saying that I, as well many more will know soon enough by tomorrow evening and onward's from that point, on the quality of the newest installment of the DCEU.

Though I will admit that I'm a bit cautious in believing mass praise such as what we're getting with this film. Considering that for example The Force Awakens got mass praise and hype of all kinds before it's release, and then when I saw it ..... it was quite the mess of a film as well overall a poor mans A New Hope.

So don't buy into the hype or what others say. Watch it yourself, and decide on what level of quality this film truly is.