The Quick Question and Answer Thread

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

This is a thread solely for the reason to ask questions about anything related to comics, so you won't have to make a separate thread to do so. Just post the question here, and hopefully someone will come and answer it! If there is a rule that applies to this thread, it's that you should try not to post opinion-specifc questions. Something like 'What do you recommend-Dark Knight Returns, or Kingdom Come?" is acceptable, but something like "Do you think Black Cat is the hottest chick in comics EVAR!??" isn't.

A lot like the Avatar and Image Manipulation request thread, except with questions (to compare it to something else).

Alright, so I have a question: Is Watchmen still widely available to buy in graphic novel format? (Maybe a bit of a obvious one since the movie is being advertised, but I wanna know if I can just walk into a book store and buy it)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sparda

I'll bump this thread, so help me.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

yes, Watchmen is very widely available

if you can't find it in your local store try a large bookshop, they'll normally stock it...

failing that try Amazon.com or wherever you are

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sparda
Methos said:
"yes, Watchmen is very widely available

if you can't find it in your local store try a large bookshop, they'll normally stock it...

failing that try Amazon.com or wherever you are

M"

Excellent. Thank you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I got a question....How EXACTLY did Superman come back from the dead?  I know about Doomsday, but I never knew all about how Supes came back.  Can someone explain it?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

he never technically died... his heart was beating so slow that everyone thought he was dead... yes, it's stupid

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I'd need to reread it, but I thought the Eradicator revived him.

Edit: My DC encyclopedia entry on the Eradicator seems to agree.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda

The Time Keeper said:

"I got a question....How EXACTLY did Superman come back from the dead?  I know about Doomsday, but I never knew all about how Supes came back.  Can someone explain it?"

Basically, Eradicator (don't ask) stole Superman's body from his coffin and put him into a "regenerative matrix" in the Fortress Of Solitude, using Superman's energies to power himself. Eventually, Superman got out and thus we enter the final stages of The Return Of Superman.

I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.  Thanks, my peeps!

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
Sparda said:
"

The Time Keeper said:

"I got a question....How EXACTLY did Superman come back from the dead?  I know about Doomsday, but I never knew all about how Supes came back.  Can someone explain it?"

Basically, Eradicator (don't ask) stole Superman's body from his coffin and put him into a "regenerative matrix" in the Fortress Of Solitude, using Superman's energies to power himself. Eventually, Superman got out and thus we enter the final stages of The Return Of Superman.

I think.

"

That sounds about right. If I remember rightly, Superman didn't have his powers when he came back, he got them back from the Eradicator when he was nearly destroyed.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Sparda said:
"

The Time Keeper said:

I think.

"

That sounds about right. If I remember rightly, Superman didn't have his powers when he came back, he got them back from the Eradicator when he was nearly destroyed."
That whole storyline is a blur to me, since I read it rapid-fire in the big collected version.

I always though Superman using guns in that story as bull.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.  Thanks!  I feel kinda dumb being the only one asking questions, but I got another one....   Where are Spidey and Mary Jane at now after the divorce?  Is Mary still in the comics at all now?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda
The Time Keeper said:
"

Awesome.  Thanks!  I feel kinda dumb being the only one asking questions, but I got another one....   Where are Spidey and Mary Jane at now after the divorce?  Is Mary still in the comics at all now?

"
Last  I was aware, she's still that "Jackpot" character (I think?)?
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I left Spidey behind after OMD where their relationship was retconned away by Mephisto.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sparda
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"I left Spidey behind after OMD where their relationship was retconned away by Mephisto."

While I wasn't exactly following Spidey like a madman before OMD, I barely even look at the news around the series.......nevermind actually read one of the comics, lol.
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Well, they were happy and together until they made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May's life after she'd been hit by a sniper. The deal was that May would live, but Peter and MJ were never together and Peter never unmasked on live television. About the same time, the Scarlet Spiders (who are clones of MVP) also gave Peter an alibi...

I can't go on with that, it still irritates me. The whole thing was a train wreck just because some people at Marvel didn't like Spidey being married and thought divorcing him aged him to much.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sparda
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Well, they were happy and together until they made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May's life after she'd been hit by a sniper. The deal was that May would live, but Peter and MJ were never together and Peter never unmasked on live television. About the same time, the Scarlet Spiders (who are clones of MVP) also gave Peter an alibi...

I can't go on with that, it still irritates me. The whole thing was a train wreck just because some people at Marvel didn't like Spidey being married and thought divorcing him aged him to much."
Man, talking about it just makes it seem even stupider. Aunt May is, like, 90, it's time to let her go Peter and live life with your awesome wife who cares about you. Man, it was ridiculous.
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Both the main companies have big editorial meetings to discuss where they want stories to go. It's how Civil War, Illuminati and WWH were all put together and how Infinite Crisis, Countdown, 52 and the Black Lantern stories were all organised and made to fit together.

So what boggles my brain is the idea that it wasn't some writer chained to a desk and wanted to be fired that came up with 'One More Day'. No, someone pitched the story, in front of other people, probably explaining it as I started too and nobody laughed. People actually thought it was a good idea, a story worthy of Marvel's flagship character. None of them came up with something better.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"

Both the main companies have big editorial meetings to discuss where they want stories to go. It's how Civil War, Illuminati and WWH were all put together and how Infinite Crisis, Countdown, 52 and the Black Lantern stories were all organised and made to fit together.

So what boggles my brain is the idea that it wasn't some writer chained to a desk and wanted to be fired that came up with 'One More Day'. No, someone pitched the story, in front of other people, probably explaining it as I started too and nobody laughed. People actually thought it was a good idea, a story worthy of Marvel's flagship character. None of them came up with something better.

"
LOL

I would've love to have been there, to throw a stapler at the dude.
Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Jax

Is Manifest Destiny good enough for me to buy?