THE POWER OF THE GOD OF THE BIBLE (Respect Thread)

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PanchoNewton

Good morning, afternoon or evening. My name is Pancho, I am a student of Theology and History of Religion. Today I present this publication in which I will demonstrate the power of the God of the Bible.

No Caption Provided

This publication will be different from the rest because of the analysis methodology I will use:

1. Feats are irrelevant. We must not impose our modern culture on the biblical writings; this is a fatal exegetical error. The Bible is a compilation of multiple documents, such as laws or letters, not a single book. There is no univocality in the Bible. We must analyze the Bible as the writers of the Bible, and the readers of that time, did. For the Sumerians, for example, power was not measured by who had the greatest exploits, but by who had the largest conquered territory. That is why, even though Baal had hardly any Village Level feats, he was superior to gods with Country Level feats because he had an empire with a larger territory. The Bible should not be analyzed with modern methods, it is a fatal error.

2. Hyperbolic and dogmatic statements. The biblical authors speak with hyperbole, it is undeniable; especially the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus Christ. However, there are passages with a dogmatic character, that is to say, that present fundamental truths for the Bible. These passages are the ones that should be given special attention.

3. The Theological Sciences of Hermeneutics and Exegesis. As mentioned above: Analyzing with a modern model is an exegetical error. So that's why there are these theological sciences, which help us to interpret the Bible and analyze it correctly. Hermeneutics allows us to know the author's intention when writing a passage. For example, the days of creation in Genesis 1: The first chapter of Genesis comes from a priestly tradition of Moses, and should not be read chronologically because that was not the mode of religious expression in the fourth century B.C. (when Genesis 1 was written). For the ancient Mesopotamians it was just as ridiculous to think that light existed before the sun. And the fact is that the first day of Genesis (the light) is read parallel to the fourth day (the sun), the same with the second which is read with the fifth and so on...

All passages are taken from the Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition unless it is specified that another translation is taken.

Table of Contents

1. General information
  2. Omnipresence
  3. Omniscience
  4. Omnipotence

General information

Name: Varies (It has been presented in multiple forms: Sadday; I AM; Yahweh; Father, Son and Holy Spirit; and so on).

Alias: It has many, the most important of which are: Lord of lords; King of kings; God of gods; Lord of hosts; God of Israel; God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Place of origin: Uncertain (it is an eternal being, so it existed before there was any place to 'emerge').

Team(s): Israel, Heaven, the Heavenly Court, Jews and Christians.

Omnipresence

Psalm 139:7-12

Whither shall I go from thy Spirit?

Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

If I ascend to heaven, thou art there!

If I make my bed in Sheol, thou art there!

If I take the wings of the morning

and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

even there thy hand shall lead me,

and thy right hand shall hold me.

If I say, “Let only darkness cover me,

and the light about me be night,”

even the darkness is not dark to thee,

the night is bright as the day;

for darkness is as light with thee.

This poetic Psalm presents us with a theological truth: God's omnipresence. Here we are mentioned to Sheol, which is, in short: Hell; that is to say, it is another plane different from ours. In addition, mention is made of Heaven, another plane different from ours. So it is said to be in Heaven, in Sheol and in our universe. The three planes presented in the Holy Bible.

The commentary to this Psalm by Jean Koechlin tells us: "God is light" (1 John 1:5). "And there is no created thing that is not manifest in His presence..." (read Hebrews 4:13) What a terrifying thing for a sinner to feel that holy gaze constantly upon him, laying bare his innermost thoughts and uncovering his most secret motives! He has but one idea: to flee from that terrible beam of light. But it searches the darkness in which the sinner seeks to hide, it reaches him to the end of the world, it traces his distant past.... (Genesis 3:8; John 3:19).

Jeremiah 23:23-24

“Am I a God at hand, says the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him?’’ says the Lord. “Do I not fill heaven and earth?’’ says the Lord.

It is God himself, the Lord of lords and King of kings, who declares his omnipresence. Humans cannot hide from God's all-seeing eyes, nor from his presence, which is everywhere.

About theophanies: Theophanies are the local manifestation of God to a person or a group of people, although He can manifest Himself to all types of beings. This is why multiple times in the Bible it is said that ''He walks'' or ''The presence of the Lord is in...'', because they are theophanies, God manifesting Himself in a physical body.

Examples of theophanies:

• God appearing as a male to physically fight against Jacob (Genesis 32:22-30)
  • God manifests Himself to Moses as a burning bush (Exodus Chapter Three)
  • God answered Job from a storm and spoke at length in response to Job's questions (Job 38-42)

Omniscience

There are too many passages, so I will just put them without further explanation to each one:

Wisdom 1:6

For wisdom is a kindly spirit

and will not free a blasphemer from the guilt of his words;

because God is witness of his inmost feelings,

and a true observer of his heart, and a hearer of his tongue.

Psalm 147:5

Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;

his understanding is beyond measure.

1 John 3:20

whenever our hearts condemn us; for God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

Matthew 10:30

But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Hebrews 4:13

And before him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bare to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Psalm 44:21

would not God discover this?

For he knows the secrets of the heart.

Isaiah 40:28

Have you not known? Have you not heard?

The Lord is the everlasting God,

the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He does not faint or grow weary,

his understanding is unsearchable.

Knowledge of God is intuitive, not discursive. When I say that our knowledge is discursive I mean that it comes to us by observation, reasoning, comparison, induction, deduction, and so on. In other words, we learn. But the knowledge of God is intuitive, which means that it is innate and immediate. God does not learn: He simply knows. He neither discovers nor forgets.

After this, some people will surely object: ''God asks questions, he doesn't know everything''. This answers GotQuestions:

The questions God asks always have a purpose. He does not ask for information, since He already knows everything; His questions serve a different purpose, and that purpose varies based on the context of the question and the needs of the person being asked.

After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and hid from God, God cried out, "Where are you?" (Genesis 3:9). Of course, God knew Adam's physical location; that was not precisely the point of the question. The question was designed to draw Adam out of hiding. God could have approached His sinful creation with anger, with harsh words of condemnation and immediate judgment, but He did not. Instead, God approached Adam with a question and thus demonstrated His grace, kindness and desire for reconciliation.

When teaching a young student basic arithmetic, a teacher may perhaps ask, " How much is 2 + 2?" The teacher does not ask this because she does not know the answer, but because she wants to focus the student's thinking on the problem posed. When God asked Adam, "Where are you?" the purpose of the question was, in part, to focus Adam on the problem he and his wife were in.

Other questions God asks in Scripture may have other purposes. In Job 38-41, God questions Job relentlessly about everything, starting from Job's absence when the foundations of the earth were laid (Job 38:4) to Job's inability to catch sea monsters (Job 41:1). Here, it is obvious that God is using the questions as an instructional tool to emphasize His own power and sovereignty.

God's repeated question to Jonah, "Do you do well to be so angry?" (Jonah 4:4, 9) was designed to provoke self-examination on Jonah's part. God's question to Elijah, "What are you doing here?" (1 Kings 19:9) indicated how Elijah was straying from God's purpose for him. God's question in Isaiah's presence, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" (Isaiah 6:8) had the effect of prompting the prophet to volunteer.

During Jesus' ministry on earth, he frequently asked questions. A good teacher will use strategic questions to facilitate the learning process, and Jesus was the Teacher. Sometimes Jesus asked questions to create a learning opportunity: "Who do people say that I am?" (Mark 8:27). Or to focus His listeners' attention on something meaningful: "What is written in the Law? ... How do you read it?" (Luke 10:26). Or to prompt reflection: "Do you want to be made whole?" (John 5:6). Or to deepen knowledge: "What then is it written, 'The stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner'" (Luke 20:17). Or to bring faith to light: "Who touched me?" (Luke 8:45). Or to prepare a great revelation: "Why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?" (John 20:15).

God is a Father who uses language to teach in the context of relationships. He is a Teacher who uses questions to engage his students, force them to think, and lead them to truth. When He asks a question, it is not because He does not know the answer, but because He wants us to know the answer.

Omnipotence

(The following passages are taken from the 'Jerusalem Bible' version)

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of the dáat; fools despise wisdom and instruction. instruction.

The word "daát" means the following: science, to know, knowledge, learned, understanding, intelligence, intention, to know, wisdom, sense, understanding, intelligence, intention, knowledge, wisdom, sense (1).

Although it is (obviously) a proverb, it reveals a lot of information about the power of God. information about God's power, for it shows us that He has shows us that He has:

• Manipulation of origin
  • Manipulation of axioms
  • Manipulation (and creation) of concepts
  • Manipulation of science
  • Manipulation of knowledge
  • Manipulation of information
  • Manipulation of understanding
  • Manipulation of intelligence
  • Manipulation of willpower
  • Manipulation of logic

---

Romans 11:35

For of him and through him and to him are all things; to him be glory forever. Amen

Hebrews 3:4

For every house has its builder; but the builder of all things is God.

Colossians 1:16

for by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible the visible and the invisible, the Thrones, the Dominations, the Principalities, the Powers. the Principalities, the Powers: all things were created by him and for him,

These verses show us that the Creator of absolutely all things is God, and that includes the dimensions. This means that God Himself created the dimensions, and therefore He is not limited to them.

---

Psalm 108:5 (NTV)

Exalted art thou, O God, above the highest heavens.

May your glory shine upon the whole earth.

1 Chronicles 29:11 (NTV)

Thine, O Lord, are the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory and the majesty. All things

Revelation 1:8

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the One who is, who was, and who is to come," the Almighty.

Psalm 90:2

Before the mountains were begotten, before earth and orb were born, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Deuteronomy 32:40

Yes, I lift up my hand to heaven, and I say: As surely as I live eternally

Job 36:26

Yes, God is great and we do not understand him, the number of his years is incalculable.

Psalm 102:26-27

[...] they perish, but you remain, they all wear out like clothes, like a garment you change them, and they change. But thou ever the same, they have no fin thy years.

Psalm 103:17

But the love of Yahweh from everlasting to everlasting for those who fear him, and his righteousness for his children's children,

Psalm 66:7

who by his power rules forever. His eyes watch over the nations; let not the rebellious rise up against him.

Romans 1:20

Because the invisible of God, since the creation of the world, is made visible to the intelligence through his works: his eternal power and his divinity, in such a way that they are inexcusable;

Matthew 19:26

Jesus, looking fixedly at them, said, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

1 Peter 2:22

He who committed no sin [Christ Jesus], and in whose mouth was found no guile;

So, since Jesus never sinned, because he never lied, it signifies that indeed God can do absolutely everything!

Job 42:2

I know that you are all-powerful: no project is unachievable for you.

Ezekiel 36:23 (?)

I will make known the greatness of my holy name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned among them. When I make known my holiness among you, the nations will know that I am the Lord. Says the Lord omnipotent.

The prophet Ezekiel afirms that God is omnipotent, and according to 1 Corinthians 13:2, the prophets are perfect in prophesying.

Psalm 115:3

[...] whatever pleases him, he does it.

Psalm 135:5

Whatever pleases Yahweh, he does in heaven and on earth, in the seas and in all deeps.

Jeremiah 32:17

"O Lord GOD! Behold, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and mighty arm: nothing is too great for you,

Wisdom of Solomon 11:24

You have compassion on all because you can do all things, and you conceal the sins of men so that they may repent.

God is indeed omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent! On an absolute level!

(1) G. Clint Yale’s Tischendorf text, Dr. Maurice A. Robinson’s Public Domain Westcott-Hort text, Diccionario Griego Strong & Tischendorf’s 8th edition Greek New Testament. (s. f.). Strong hebreo #1847 עת ַד ַּdáat. En LogosKLogos. Recuperado 24 de octubre de 2022, de https://www.logosklogos.com/strong_hebrew/184

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great references. Consider adding other attributes of God such as God's eternalness.

GaRbS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GaRbS

At first glance I thought this was gonna be a based thread, but then I read further and found it's taking omni-statements at face value, that's just cringe. A respect thread like this one is just a total nothing burger.

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great references. Consider adding other attributes of God such as God's eternalness.

No Caption Provided

I think I put too many verses about his eternity xd

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garbs said:

At first glance I thought this was gonna be a based thread, but then I read further and found it's taking omni-statements at face value, that's just cringe. A respect thread like this one is just a total nothing burger.

It seems to me that you did not read the introduction. I put dogmatic and not hyperbolic passages. If you have a criticism you can respond and try to refute me.

GaRbS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panchonewton

This poetic Psalm presents us with a theological truth: God's omnipresence. Here we are mentioned to Sheol, which is, in short: Hell; that is to say, it is another plane different from ours. In addition, mention is made of Heaven, another plane different from ours. So it is said to be in Heaven, in Sheol and in our universe. The three planes presented in the Holy Bible.

Sheol is not hell. Jews/Hebrews didn't even have a concept of hell at this point in time. Sheol merely refers to the grave, not a physical or metaphysical location.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featless just statements

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Featless just statements

That is why I spoke of dogmatic statements, and it seems to me that you did not read the introduction.

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garbs said:

@panchonewton

Sheol is not hell. Jews/Hebrews didn't even have a concept of hell at this point in time. Sheol merely refers to the grave, not a physical or metaphysical location.

Sheol is the resting place where all people keep death for the final judgment, it can be divided as the place of torment and Abraham's Bosom. The word heaven is not the word paradise as referred to by the biblical writers before the final judgment.

Sheol is what it is called in Hebrew, but when it was Hellenized it was changed to Hades. But it is the same place.

Gehenna is the hell we all know, the Lake of Fire. Tartaros is a special place where very wicked and special angels are kept for the judgment

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kilgpmktra

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

-Judges 1:19

LOL god is foddeerrrrr

Also, dude created a flood to wipe out all evil and guess what? Evil still exists. Pffft "omnipotent"

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bread level fodder

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PanchoNewton
@kilgpmktra said:

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

-Judges 1:19

LOL god is foddeerrrrr

Also, dude created a flood to wipe out all evil and guess what? Evil still exists. Pffft "omnipotent"

A literal translation says:

And Yahweh was with Judah and conquered [object marker] the mountain but not to drive out the inhabitants of the valley for iron chariot for them

At no time is it said that God did not have the ability to strip the iron chariots. That is rather an error in the translation of the reading versions.

When read in context, it is clear that it was the Judahites who failed to drive out their enemies, not God. The New Living Translation Bible say, "The LORD was with the people of Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they failed to drive out the inhabitants of the plains, who had chariots made of iron." Notice now?

Anyone who asks "why could God not drive out the enemies of Judah?" is incorrectly phrased, because they already take for granted that it was God who could not when it is not true. The Bible does not say that God could not, but that Judah, who had God on his side, could not. With this established, it is convenient to know why Judah could not, even though they had God on their side. The answer is further on.

The book of Judges repeatedly shows how God let the Jews fall into misfortunes and defeats because of their disobedience and their attachment to idolatry. Since they preferred to believe in pagan deities, God left them to their fate so that they would understand that only He could deliver them and help them in all areas of life. A few verses later, in the same book of Judges, He explains to us why Judah could not drive out his enemies from verse 19 that we read. In the chapter, verses 1 to 3 the Bible says:

"The angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Bochim and said to the Israelites, "I brought you out of Egypt and brought you into this land which I swore to give to your ancestors, and I said that I would never break my covenant with you. For your part, you were not to make any covenant with the inhabitants of this land, but to destroy their altars. But you disobeyed my command. Why did you do this? Now I declare that I will no longer drive out the people who live in your land. They will be thorns in your sides, and their gods will be a constant temptation to you."

So, although God was with Judah, it is clear that they were not with God. And it is not God who loses the battles or who cannot deliver them from the hands of some people, but he can sovereignly help whoever he wants, and not help whoever he does not want because that is why he is God.

LMAO

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PanchoNewton

@kilgpmktra say:

Also, dude created a flood to wipe out all evil and guess what? Evil still exists.

Man...:

One way to answer why God sent the flood when He knew that evil would continue is to interpret the sin of mankind in Noah's time as unique and significantly more serious than what we see in today's world. In fact, Genesis 6:5 tells us that "every imagination of the thoughts of their heart was only evil continually." This is a powerful indictment of the condition of the human heart: Scripture not only says that the thoughts of man's heart were purely and exclusively evil, but that his heart was always so. However much we may complain about the condition of our world today, we probably should not compare our present situation with Noah's, simply because wickedness in his day seems to have reached unimaginable levels. There was something unusually evil in the heart of man in Noah's day, and the Lord knew that the most expedient thing to do was to start afresh. This approach is surely somewhat speculative, but at least it is consistent with what we read elsewhere in Scripture about who God is.

GotQuestions. (s. f.). ¿Por qué envió Dios el diluvio si sabía que el pecado continuaría después del diluvio? Recuperado 3 de noviembre de 2022, de https://www.gotquestions.org/Espanol/diluvio-pecado-continua.html

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredibly based thread. Battle forum people for some reason like to seethe over the fact that God is indeed omnipotent.

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredibly based thread. Battle forum people for some reason like to seethe over the fact that God is indeed omnipotent.

Most are anti-theists, or do not like to face the fact that their biases are challenged with different models of analysis or argued opinions.

I really appreciate your support for my work, people like you are the ones who give me the strength to continue studying theology.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is still a wimp. Saitama oneshots.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By yejj

DCEU Black adam still negs the fodder

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

My friend who doesn't even know what a book is:

Man, argue why Saitama beats God.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting Thread. I wonder what prompted the OP to make it ?

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Andromeda1001  Online

This is...An interesting thread, to say at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-6367954ad3f32
deactivated-6367954ad3f32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, He is truly the one above all

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:

I know what a book is, my friend.

God lost to Jacob, a meagre peak human Saitama can casually flip a moon. All Yahweh's feats are just statements that other gods also share there is no proof of them. He supposedly created everything, but so the Michael and Lucifer, Brahma, Nammu, Atum...All these gods claim to have created the universe but no proof. Forum rules stipulate we go with feats.

@mangu said:

God created everything including the people who created saitama

Feats to back it up?

YuMira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a believer

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sub mcu Thor level fodder

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting thread, I like it.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

abrahamic god is boundless

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm surprised you barely mentioned Job

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

YuMira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate threads like these

The bible isn’t fiction

DC’s Presence, Lucifer and Michael were in inspired from the bible.

God created everything including writers and someone asked if to be proven lmao, read the bible or have some knowledge of it before asking such nonsense.

kuuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Respect Thread to date.

Nothing else to add.

Avatar image for deactivated-648a60c474283
deactivated-648a60c474283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they ever write a newer testament, I hope they give God better feats.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By brogokudestroys

This stuff is too much to talk about, whether fiction or not, shouldn't be brought upon in debates or talking about their power and such. Ever. You'll get people talking about seeing a fight logically and all this other stuff, just not cool to do. It feels very offensive to do this if you're religious or even not, you can still see why it should be.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@millanor said:

If they ever write a newer testament, I hope they give God better feats.

Man..

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. God is not all good he flooded the earth and killed everything. He burnt down soddom simply because it had homosexuality.

2. God is not all seeing he couldn't find Adam and Eve hiding in the bush. He didn't see Cain kill Abel.

3. God is not omnipotent he has tried multiple times to get rid of evil yet it still exists

4. He didn't create everything as he himself existed

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangu said:

@macleen: book of Genesis god created all you see with a word

Okay, then by that logic Saitama kills Yahweh with a punch, as he is the one punch man as stated in his own manga. So Saitama still oneshots unless you can show me Yahweh's combat feats other than losing to Jacob.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate threads like these

The bible isn’t fiction

DC’s Presence, Lucifer and Michael were in inspired from the bible.

God created everything including writers and someone asked if to be proven lmao, read the bible or have some knowledge of it before asking such nonsense.

The bible is fiction, and Yahweh just like Lucifer and Michael was inspired by the Caanite Pantheon ( long before the Israelites made him a montheist being) if you actually read beyond that frequently edited (from James to the council of nicaea and beyond) biased book you call the bible. The dude was a just a minor smith god but somehow now claims to be a creator.

It seems as you are the one that needs to read before spouting nonsense.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: pls show me the previously edited lol

Bible isn’t fiction. The bible mentions of the end time and things that would happen before the end time and it’s already happening in real life, if you read the bible.

I’m guessing ur one of those ppl who thinks the world we live in today is due to a big bang lol

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: pls show me the previously edited lol

Bible isn’t fiction. The bible mentions of the end time and things that would happen before the end time and it’s already happening in real life, if you read the bible.

I’m guessing ur one of those ppl who thinks the world we live in today is due to a big bang lol

The bible is not the only religious book or religion that mentions the end of time also unless it went into specifics rather than generalize its all moot. And BTW this "end of times" has been happening for over 2 thousand years but never seem to occur. Jesus himself claimed he would bring the end of times before his own disciples died. So it's nothing new.

No need, go research on the following: The council of Nicaea, the Council of Hippo, Council of Rome, Council of Carthage...even King James had a go at the bible.

I'm not one of those people who thinks like that but one who actually prefers to follow where evidence leads than just making assumptions without any backing but even more assumptions.

EpicHotFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: it was never specified when end time would happen but the things that would happen before the end time was mentioned and is already happening in our current world with technology for example, seeming to be taking over now.

That’s good that you don’t think that. So how do u think the world came into existence?

Also wym minor smith God?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: it was never specified when end time would happen but the things that would happen before the end time was mentioned and is already happening in our current world with technology for example, seeming to be taking over now.

That’s good that you don’t think that. So how do u think the world came into existence?

Also wym minor smith God?

Mark 13:30 was pretty clear, unless you are one of those master interpreters who always find ways to interpret everything in the bible differently. End of time is not a new concept, that's what people thought a 10, 50, 100, 500, 1000 years ago when technology kept getting better and better. Also one of the stuff that would happen is stars falling on earth which is quite mind-boggling, unless there is another "interpretation."

No idea. As of now, we have yet to go further than the bigbang.

Yahweh's origins

No need to derail the thread, if you want you can open an off-topic thread as of now, I'm still waiting for Jehovah's combat feats.

kuuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kuuzo
@macleen said:

Okay, then by that logic Saitama kills Yahweh with a punch, as he is the one punch man as stated in his own manga.

Get your logic right first when you are making a poor mistake by confusing a feat with the theme of a character's story, which you are extrapolating to the extreme in the context of battleboarding. I guess, Superman solos all fiction because writers such as Grant Morisson write Superman as the superhero who "always saves the day or he's not Superman."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/02/03/inside-the-mind-of-grant-morrison

So Saitama still oneshots

Non sequitir for the reason mentioned above.

Unless you can show me Yahweh's combat feats other than losing to Jacob.

When "[...] the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him."? (Genesis 33:25)

Keep making a fool of yourself.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuuzo: Get your logic right first when you are making a poor mistake by confusing a feat with the theme of a character's story, which you are extrapolating to the extreme in the context of battleboarding. I guess, Superman solos all fiction because writers such as Grant Morisson write Superman as the superhero who "alwayssaves the day or he's not Superman."

Not really, SM does not solo all fiction because there are vastly more powerful beings than him. What you don't seem to get is that there are other beings like Yahweh which is what I'm arguing about but you believe there aren't any other beings like Yahweh so I asked for proof. You point the bible as proof, by your logic that's the same as saying SM solos all fiction and pointing out to Grant Morrisson's opinion.

Point is, Yahweh is stated to be the creator by his believers only, in Saitama's universe Yahweh is not the creator(doesn't even exist) and as of this moment Saitama is the strongest one there is. The same can be said by other creators that I have listed. What makes Yahweh special?

Non sequitir for the reason mentioned above.

???

When "[...] the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him."? (Genesis 33:25)

Keep making a fool of yourself.

Jacob won that fight since he was able to wrestle all night before Yahweh cheated his way to victory.

PanchoNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen said:
@panchonewton said:
@macleen said:

I know what a book is, my friend.

God lost to Jacob, a meagre peak human Saitama can casually flip a moon. All Yahweh's feats are just statements that other gods also share there is no proof of them. He supposedly created everything, but so the Michael and Lucifer, Brahma, Nammu, Atum...All these gods claim to have created the universe but no proof. Forum rules stipulate we go with feats.

@mangu said:

God created everything including the people who created saitama

Feats to back it up?

Interesting questions you raise. I will answer them one by one:

God lost to Jacob, a meagre peak human

What happened with Jacob was a theophany, and in light of the poetry in the book of Hosea we can say that Jacob fought against the famous 'Angel of the Lord'. Now then: Theophanies have different objectives, and since Jacob at that time changed his name to Israel, it is evident that within his being there was a change. A change that possibly included superhuman strength, which allowed him to fight against the Angel of the Lord.

Jacob, when he fights with the angel, resists and does not surrender, so the angel is forced to resort to a stratagem, dislocating the joint of his thigh. And when God's envoy asks Jacob his name, he forces him to acknowledge his name, that is: his identity; for Jacob means "the supplanter" (Gen 25:26; 27:36). In doing so, God provokes Jacob to confess his past sins and thus exposes him. Only when Jacob has acknowledged his sin, the Angel of the Lord tells him: "You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, because you have fought against God and against men, and have prevailed". Thus a new man is born, marked by the sign of God's power.

But did Jacob really defeat the angel of God? The text is paradoxical, for it is apparently suggested that Jacob overcomes God, but in reality this occurs when he is left limping and his sin is laid bare. In reality, Jacob only conquers when he allows himself to be conquered by God, that is, when he acknowledges and repents of his sins, freely surrenders to divine love and experiences freedom and wholeness for the first time.

a meagre peak human Saitama can casually flip a moon

In the Bible there are also powerful men, such as Jesus having authority and power over reality (Matthew 28:18), or the Apostle Peter having a slight manipulation of higher dimensions (Matthew 16:19).

All these gods claim to have created the universe but no proof. Forum rules stipulate we go with feats.

Here you make a little word game. Of course, evidence should be left, within the context. And in this case it would be in the case of the biblical context, not physical evidence in reality. Otherwise, for example: They would be asking us for evidence that Spider-Man jumps between buildings in reality. Ridiculous.

Then you started talking about whether Yahweh exists or not. That is a very different topic, I will just leave you with the following video (which is reliable) on the origin of monotheism in Israel, polytheism in Israel, and the origin of the deity YHWH:

https://youtu.be/za260DIsgzQ