The Originals' Strength

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Image result for the originals

I've been curious about this for some time. I saw a similar thread on a different site but I wanted to know your opinions. Obviously with a cw budget and the plot of The Originals we never see the upper limits of an Original. We often see them doing impressive things with ease, but we've never seen them struggle to do something pertaining to strength. With feats from weaker characters and through scaling I'm curious as to what are the upper limits of an Original's strength.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BOC
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only upper limit I remember is Damon, Tyler and Stefan being able to overpower Klaus.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifting a car above their shoulders is probably the limit for the regular originals.

People like marcel, Lucien and mikael could probably lift a bit more.

kroczilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^This.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 tonner at best

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 assemblesquad  Online

They're about 5 class in lifting

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The only upper limit I remember is Damon, Tyler and Stefan being able to overpower Klaus.

That was PIS

Lifting a car above their shoulders is probably the limit for the regular originals.

People like marcel, Lucien and mikael could probably lift a bit more.

I think it's higher than that. Elijah lifted the side of a mobile home easily with his left hand. Theoretically, with that in mind, he should be able to lift that mobile home with relative ease, which weighs more than a car.

@thanosii said:

5 tonner at best

^ Read the response to ourmanuel

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: holy shit. When did the mobile home feat happen and how far did he lift it?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

That was PIS

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on scaling they are about 5+ tons, by their own individual lifting feats I'd somewhere around 2-3 tons

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a car is about a ton, or a little over it - I feel that they are easy 10-15 tonner. By feats only, agreeing with @macleen, as probably 2-3.

It is just that most of it is arbitrary guesswork. How strong is the average vampire? How much stronger are they? Both of these are semi-uncertain.

TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel said:

@boc: holy shit. When did the mobile home feat happen and how far did he lift it?

Suicide bomber in the Bayou episode, season 1, TO. And he could control that weight without strain with just one arm too, but it wasn't the full weight of a trailer either -

No Caption Provided

But this is still my favorite strength feat from him:

No Caption Provided

Because how effortlessly he was tapping it, and the amnesiac didn't realize he was that strong.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhopullsthestrings: @ourmanuel:

He didn't lift the whole thing. But lifting the side of it initially weighs half of it's weight. Being how easy it was for him to do it one handed, we can assume he can lift the whole thing with both hands relatively easily. That trailer most likely weighed between 10-15 tons.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By macleen

@ourmanuel: @theonewhopullsthestrings: @boc: There is this feat done by a Kaleb (baby vampire) that was on a hunger strike for 4 days but he was feeding on human blood vs Milton (another baby vamp) that was on animal blood.

Loading Video...

Now I'm not a weights expert so I can't really tell how much Kaleb lifted above his head effortlessly with one arm but what makes the feat impressive is that he was on a hunger strike which usually weakens a Vampire.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: My guess is that it's 615 pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like he has four 45s on each side and three 35s on each side, plus the bar looks like a 45 pound bar. And yeah you're right, he effortlessly lifted that while being on a 4 day hunger strike, which would weaken him. I forgot all about this clip, I'm glad you brought it up.

MegaCityOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are low IQ one-two tonners

TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers