The Official "Hi, I'm new" and "Goodbye" Thread

#251 Posted by Modi (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, been looking around the site and its great. Just can't believe I didnt find it sooner.

#252 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, welcome aboard :D

M

#253 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Modi says:

"Hi, been looking around the site and its great. Just can't believe I didnt find it sooner."

welcome to the vine

#254 Posted by PwrDruid (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi there. I’m brand new. Not so much of a collector these days, but I enjoy Walking Dead, Invincible, and Middle Man… as well as various online strips like xkcd and Megatokyo. I still love the comics world, just don’t like the way traditional super-heroes have trended, alas, but I do spend a lot of time researching old books, etc. and I’m currently looking into Mexican version of U.S. comics. Found ComicVine through Google in my travels, and hope to make good use of the time here!

#255 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

PwrDruid says:

"Hi there. I’m brand new. Not so much of a collector these days, but I enjoy Walking Dead, Invincible, and Middle Man… as well as various online strips like xkcd and Megatokyo. I still love the comics world, just don’t like the way traditional super-heroes have trended, alas, but I do spend a lot of time researching old books, etc. and I’m currently looking into Mexican version of U.S. comics. Found ComicVine through Google in my travels, and hope to make good use of the time here!"

welcome

#256 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

PwrDruid says:

"Hi there. I’m brand new. Not so much of a collector these days, but I enjoy Walking Dead, Invincible, and Middle Man… as well as various online strips like xkcd and Megatokyo. I still love the comics world, just don’t like the way traditional super-heroes have trended, alas, but I do spend a lot of time researching old books, etc. and I’m currently looking into Mexican version of U.S. comics. Found ComicVine through Google in my travels, and hope to make good use of the time here!"

welcome to the vine

#257 Posted by donkrieg76543 (697 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Bye i am leaving forever

#258 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

donkrieg76543 says:

"Good Bye i am leaving forever"

goodbye

#259 Posted by The 10,000 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

I am here to mention this team as being new...even though those eligible to join were already PMed I just figured I'd post here because I'm told Buckshot doesn't check his PM's.

#260 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

The 10,000 says:

"I am here to mention this team as being new...even though those eligible to join were already PMed I just figured I'd post here because I'm told Buckshot doesn't check his PM's."

and you think he is going to see this because....

lol

#261 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Det. Vic Mackey says:

"donkrieg76543 says:

Has anyone ever tried to help this guy before? I mean, on one hand I feel some compassion for him.

However, his behavior is the stuff that gives new people like me a bad reputation or something."

he takes everything as an insult or a personnal attack. How can someone do something to help him?

Avatar image for det__vic_mackey
#262 Posted by Det. Vic Mackey (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

donkrieg76543 says:

Has anyone ever tried to help this guy before? I mean, on one hand I feel some compassion for him.

However, his behavior is the stuff that gives new people like me a bad reputation or something.

#263 Posted by Det. Vic Mackey (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Det. Vic Mackey says:

"donkrieg76543 says:
Has anyone ever tried to help this guy before? I mean, on one hand I feel some compassion for him. **However**, his behavior is the stuff that gives new people like me a bad reputation or something."

Oh, I posted my arrival as Det. Ronnie Gardocki for those of you who didn't know.....

#264 Posted by Det. Vic Mackey (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Det. Vic Mackey says:
"donkrieg76543 says:
Has anyone ever tried to help this guy before? I mean, on one hand I feel some compassion for him. **However**, his behavior is the stuff that gives new people like me a bad reputation or something."
he takes everything as an insult or a personnal attack. How can someone do something to help him?"

You're right, someone first has to have the desire to be helped. I just hate giving up on people - but only God can help this guy now.

#265 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Det. Vic Mackey says:

"donkrieg76543 says:

However, his behavior is the stuff that gives new people like me a bad reputation or something."

I tried to.

#266 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Det. Vic Mackey says:
"donkrieg76543 says:
he takes everything as an insult or a personnal attack. How can someone do something to help him?"

I know. I was like :dude, can I-

NO I HATE YOU!!!

================

#267 Posted by The 10,000 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#268 Posted by Script (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, im new. Love comics, love comic movies. Hoping to make cool friends to geek out with.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#269 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

What a coincidence, we love comics too! Welcome to the Vine.

#270 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Script says:

"Hi, im new. Love comics, love comic movies. Hoping to make cool friends to geek out with. "

welcome to the vine

#271 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"What a coincidence, we love comics too! Welcome to the Vine."

lol

#272 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, I'll say this: I will never be permanently gone.

Okay, now for the point of this post. I will not be on often at all, even less than I am now. I have a job now, and I'm starting my WoW account back up. Let's not forget homework and school. As you can see, my time is a bit pressed. But never count out the octagons (is Freak ever on anymore anyway?), because we will always be around.

#273 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Enigma says:

"First off, I'll say this: I will never be permanently gone. Okay, now for the point of this post. I will not be on often at all, even less than I am now. I have a job now, and I'm starting my WoW account back up. Let's not forget homework and school. As you can see, my time is a bit pressed. But never count out the octagons (is Freak ever on anymore anyway?), because we will always be around."

He was on 2 days ago.

#274 Posted by Kaled Az`ar (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello. I found CV QUITE on accident. I was actually searching for Ancient Egyptian Necromantic practices for another site.

Avatar image for det__curtis_lemansky
#275 Posted by Det. Curtis Lemansky (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaled Az`ar says:

"Hello. I found CV QUITE on accident. I was actually searching for Ancient Egyptian Necromantic practices for another site."

welcome,hope you like it here

#276 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaled Az`ar says:

"Hello. I found CV QUITE on accident. I was actually searching for Ancient Egyptian Necromantic practices for another site."

welcome to the vine

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#277 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaled Az`ar says:

You wouldn't believe how many new users we get this way.

Welcome to the vine.

#278 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#279 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaled Az`ar says:

holy crap...same here :O

#280 Posted by Imperial (233 posts) - - Show Bio

See use all soon. Goodnight

#281 Posted by Ataricon (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. My name is Cody and my favorit e color is Tardis Blue.

#282 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Vine Cody. Hope you like it here.

#283 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Ataricon says:

"Hi. My name is Cody and my favorit e color is Tardis Blue."

welcome to the vine

#284 Posted by sk8ter chick (20 posts) - - Show Bio

im sk8ter chick and im weather witch's sis....i hope u like my character

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
#285 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

Might not be coming on anymore because someone has hacked into my account, I might make another account but for now, I'll just relax at home... Good Bye to all of you on ComicVine!!!

#286 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

sk8ter chick says:

"im sk8ter chick and im weather witch's sis....i hope u like my character"

welcome to the vine

#287 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"Might not be coming on anymore because someone has hacked into my account, I might make another account but for now, I'll just relax at home... Good Bye to all of you on ComicVine!!!"

goodbye

#288 Posted by Resonate (14551 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"Might not be coming on anymore because someone has hacked into my account, I might make another account but for now, I'll just relax at home... Good Bye to all of you on ComicVine!!!"

I remember you...oh well, make sure to announce your new account man

#289 Posted by buff-beardo (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everybody! I joined this community this morning and I look forward to contributing to it's content. I learned about this site from a posting at valiantfans.com. Although I just joined and am still getting the hang of things around here, this site looks really cool.

My first comic was Fantastic Four #260, which I bought as a child way back in 1983. Fantastic Four #258-#262 is still one of my favorite story-arcs of all time. If your reading this and haven't read that run, I strongly encourage you to do so. It is very affordable and features the FF and Silver Surfer pitted against Dr. Doom and a cosmically powered Terrax followed by Reed Richards being placed on a cosmic trial for saving the life of Galactus. I didn't get into collecting regularly until 1991 when the Infinity Gauntlet series was released. I collected Marvel silver-age comics until I came across VALIANT comics during the fall of 1992. Then, I focused my limited budget ($5.00 a week at the time), on collecting VALIANT comics.

I took a hiatus from collecting comics during my late high school years through early college years, although I would continue to wander into a comic shop on occasion and pick through the bargain bins. I started reading comics once again during the fall of 2002 when I started Law School. Ever since then, I have been an avid reader/collector and do not forsee another extended hiatus for the remainder of my days.

Well, that about sums it up.... it's great to be here and thanks to the creators of this site! Later.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
#290 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the vine Buff.

Sorry to see you go Spidey.

#291 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

buff-beardo says:

"Hello everybody! I joined this community this morning and I look forward to contributing to it's content. I learned about this site from a posting at valiantfans.com. Although I just joined and am still getting the hang of things around here, this site looks really cool.My first comic was Fantastic Four #260, which I bought as a child way back in 1983. Fantastic Four #258-#262 is still one of my favorite story-arcs of all time. If your reading this and haven't read that run, I strongly encourage you to do so. It is very affordable and features the FF and Silver Surfer pitted against Dr. Doom and a cosmically powered Terrax followed by Reed Richards being placed on a cosmic trial for saving the life of Galactus. I didn't get into collecting regularly until 1991 when the Infinity Gauntlet series was released. I collected Marvel silver-age comics until I came across VALIANT comics during the fall of 1992. Then, I focused my limited budget ($5.00 a week at the time), on collecting VALIANT comics.I took a hiatus from collecting comics during my late high school years through early college years, although I would continue to wander into a comic shop on occasion and pick through the bargain bins. I started reading comics once again during the fall of 2002 when I started Law School. Ever since then, I have been an avid reader/collector and do not forsee another extended hiatus for the remainder of my days.Well, that about sums it up.... it's great to be here and thanks to the creators of this site! Later. "

welcome to the vine

#292 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome aboard Buff.

#293 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

welcome to all the new people :D

M

#294 Posted by Bad Karma (46 posts) - - Show Bio

hey i'm Bad Karma, i saw this page trying to look for a full description on Black Bolt, i recently started reading the comics that he was appearing in and found him an amazing character. Anyways this is an awesome site, glad to be apart of this site and by the looks of it, i gonna have one hell of a good time here!

#295 Posted by Nighthunter (29641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad Karma says:

"hey i'm Bad Karma, i saw this page trying to look for a full description on Black Bolt, i recently started reading the comics that he was appearing in and found him an amazing character. Anyways this is an awesome site, glad to be apart of this site and by the looks of it, i gonna have one hell of a good time here!"

welcome to the vine karma

#296 Posted by Noble (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#297 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#298 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

Noble says:

"hey i just want to be erased and forgoten so please delet my account"

ok... goodbye

M

#299 Posted by Noble (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#300 Posted by Andferne (38281 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome new peoeple to the Vine. Happy to have you all :)

To the peeps leaveing sorry to cya go. Take care