#9451 Posted by Tygerbug (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone. I'm an artist, writer and filmmaker based in Los Angeles.

I directed a low budget She-Hulk (Marvel) feature back in 2007-8, animated lost episodes of Doctor Who (2007-9), and made a documentary called Star Wars: Deleted Magic (in 2005), about how the 1977 film was fixed in the editing room.

I spent 8 years restoring The Thief and the Cobbler, an unfinished animated masterpiece by Richard Williams, the 3-time Oscar winning animator of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Recently I've done cover art for two dozen commercially released video games, with more coming.

http://tygerbug.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am available for paid work as a commission artist (contact gilchristgarrett at gmail)

#9452 Posted by Tygerbug (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone. I'm an artist, writer and filmmaker based in Los Angeles.

I directed a low budget She-Hulk (Marvel) feature back in 2007-8, animated lost episodes of Doctor Who (2007-9), and made a documentary called Star Wars: Deleted Magic (in 2005), about how the 1977 film was fixed in the editing room.

I spent 8 years restoring The Thief and the Cobbler, an unfinished animated masterpiece by Richard Williams, the 3-time Oscar winning animator of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Recently I've done cover art for two dozen commercially released video games, with more coming.

http://tygerbug.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am available for paid work as a commission artist (contact gilchristgarrett at gmail)

#9455 Posted by Keki1010 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello there!

I actually found CV because I like Star Wars discussion and the people here mostly always have valid arguments.

#9456 Posted by Helloman (20859 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for demightysquidge
#9457 Posted by DeMightySquidge (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, there!

I'm one of those long-time lurkers who finally decided to stop leaching and try to contribute something to the site. I'm an old, old X-fan who basically stopped reading after Inferno and only really got back into the reading game a decade ago, or so. When you're as old as I am, the decades kind of slip by before you know it...

So, hullo to all of you, and I'll be over on the X-men and related forums, trying to not make a nuisance of myself.

- Squidge

#9458 Posted by ThaPrince (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi My name is Princeton and I'm new to comic vine. I'm 15, I Live in Louisiana, I LOVE comics and I'm kind of a nerd. I am gay, no I don't have a boyfriend and I'm an African American. I'm very shy, not very talkative and I don't really have a lot of friends. I'm a huge fan of rock music, I like Metallica. I get decent grades in school, mostly C's and B's. I Love playing soccer and basketball. That's all about me :)

#9459 Posted by BruceRogers (15835 posts) - - Show Bio
#9460 Posted by WollfMyth209 (14479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi My name is Princeton and I'm new to comic vine. I'm 15, I Live in Louisiana, I LOVE comics and I'm kind of a nerd. I am gay, no I don't have a boyfriend and I'm an African American. I'm very shy, not very talkative and I don't really have a lot of friends. I'm a huge fan of rock music, I like Metallica. I get decent grades in school, mostly C's and B's. I Love playing soccer and basketball. That's all about me :)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself. ^_^

#9461 Posted by WollfMyth209 (14479 posts) - - Show Bio
@keki1010 said:

Hello there!

I actually found CV because I like Star Wars discussion and the people here mostly always have valid arguments.

Nice, nice. Always good to have more SW fans lurking about.

Tell me, are you more an EU or Disney Canon fan?

#9462 Posted by keepitupboyz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everybody,

I used to love comics as a kid, but never really had anybody to talk to about it and was eventually shamed by my environment into losing interest (at least outwardly). I've recently been getting back into it, even though it's even more embarrassing for me now in my 20s lol. Happened to come across these forums (searching for discussions about why Wolverine is so popular and (over)used) and figured I'd join.

I've always been primarily a Marvel fan, especially X-men and X-related stories, but also any storyline or character that touches on deeper, more philosophical issues - like Adam Warlock and Thanos stories. These days I'm fascinated by the way comics raise philosophical and social issues and how they deal with them, along with what cultural ideas and ideals these comic book storylines and characters present or represent. Basically, treating comic books with the respect they deserve and analyzing them as a form of literature and cultural expression.

Honestly, I'm not super impressed by the current storylines I've seen, but I'd be glad to get suggestions. I also have a lot of catching up to do, since I missed out on House of M and Civil War way back, and they both look fascinating.

My dream is to make an academic career out of writing articles about comics - but that seems quite unlikely at the moment lol

#9463 Posted by Paragon_13 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi there, you can call me Jon. I just recently got back into comics recently. Shocked how anti robot this site is, with all the captchas

#9464 Posted by Keki1010 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: hmm... I like both,

But I think I am a bit more fimiliar with Disney canon.

While the EU has great stuff, it’s the same with canon. I really don’t understand why people sometimes just can’t put both together.

#9465 Posted by FionaLR (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow okay thing make sense now. Thx

#9466 Edited by NathanCroft (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello. I used to have another account here, but I haven't been acfive in a couple of years. It feels good to be back, I wonder how much has changed since 2016.

#9467 Edited by Minerboh80 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello to all the users of Comic Vine Forum...

My name is Minas Tsambanis. I live in Greece.

My profession is Nursing but i also love comic books, literature and Science Fiction.

I am also a writer and a beginner artist.

I am so happy to be here!

#9468 Posted by Atomickitten15 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I missed this page earlier, but I think I still count as new here.

So hiya there folks. I silently stalked threads for around 2 years before I decided to make an account and join in the fray. Having a blast so far :P

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#9469 Edited by ProteusXManRxis (4445 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello Guys. Its been a fun ride but im officially exiting Comic Vine. I am on my way to work up to my ability to become a member of the U.S.M.C. and to do so I need to focus now on my personal life and interests. I really do enjoy being on here and I love comics, Anime, and Entertainment and being able to have the opportunity to debate and chat with you guys but im stepping down from all this for a while. Im not sure if I ever will come back but if some chance sparks and I do welcome me back with open arms.

Want to give a few shotouts before I go: @destinyman75@heroup2112@_kingoflatveria@odin619360@kid_high@jashro44@jedixman@juiceboks@streak619@amberprice@worldofthunder

I really do apologize if I didn't mention you. Forgive me if I did.

You guys take care and keep this awesome site running for as long as you can. It deserves it. Farewell.

#9470 Posted by Streak619 (5329 posts) - - Show Bio
#9471 Posted by jashro44 (50003 posts) - - Show Bio

@proteusxmanrxis: Good bye. I hope you succeed on becoming a marine. Its an honorable profession. Best of luck on all future endeavors and hopefully you have a happy life.

#9472 Posted by Worldofthunder (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
#9473 Posted by JediXMan (41749 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#9474 Edited by destinyman75 (12497 posts) - - Show Bio

@proteusxmanrxis: Hoo Raa man you'll do just fine but hope you come back sometime down the road good luck

And when it gets tough just step up and be tougher

#9475 Edited by Amcu (13545 posts) - - Show Bio

@proteusxmanrxis: Best of luck to you and all you do in life!

Also as a U.S. citizen a great thank you for choosing to serve in the U.S.M.C. That's a really amazing thing to do.

#9476 Edited by Amberprice (6835 posts) - - Show Bio
#9477 Posted by Whulf (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello. New here an lookong forward to freat debates.

#9478 Edited by novastepp (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey!

I’m Nova, long time comic reader, but took a bit of a hiatus. Now I’m back to buying and reading.

Interested in Marvel, mostly X-men, Captain America, Avamgers, and villains titles.

Been reading quite a bit here, just today, and decided to make a profile. Meh.

Really looking forward to reading more contributor opinions about what’s good, what I’ve missed, and where I should direct my attention.

Right on.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#9479 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (16929 posts) - - Show Bio

Good bye

#9480 Posted by ANTHP2000 (19275 posts) - - Show Bio
#9481 Posted by Kevd4wg (8901 posts) - - Show Bio
#9482 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17720 posts) - - Show Bio
#9483 Posted by BruceRogers (15835 posts) - - Show Bio
#9484 Posted by Lan_Fan (8042 posts) - - Show Bio
#9485 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (4497 posts) - - Show Bio
#9486 Posted by originallyk9 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi , i'm new...I love to draw :)

#9487 Edited by Ironmaniac1 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi I joined Comic Vine recently after lurking for a while.

#9488 Posted by Amcu (13545 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#9489 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4651 posts) - - Show Bio
#9490 Posted by Amcu (13545 posts) - - Show Bio
#9491 Edited by Clickerblue (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I’m 34, I love toying with comic books and readings lips (but I’m fine doing the reverse ). I like art pieces that have something to say and are challenging in some way. I read tons of borrowed stuff from the library including manga and novels. I guess most of you won’t read this post that far, too bad : I will steal your soul. I'm involved in some weird "miniature + photograph + photoshop = comics" project that produced 8 pages in 16 months. Oh god, the shame, the shame...

My favourite stuff : Trees, Hellblazer (=my only true love), Just A Pilgrim, The Boys, Old Logan, Maleev’s Daredevil, Courtney Crumrin, Sandman (=my secret lover), Burning Fields, Gotham Central, Hellboy (=the unauthorized masturbator hidden in a dark oak closet) etc.

#9492 Posted by mattbrewhaha (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, been following CV for a while but my involvement has been very limited. Been a fan of comics as long as I can remember. Looking forward to being involved in the conversation.

Favorites: Hellblazer, Dr. Strange, Batman, Star Wars, Captain America, Wolverine, Thor (Aaron, Ribic trade specifically).

#9493 Edited by Gorochu44 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, I'm new.

#9494 Posted by Helloman (20859 posts) - - Show Bio
#9495 Posted by Gorochu44 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
#9497 Posted by TheWatcherKing (17720 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#9499 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (547 posts) - - Show Bio

I made my account about two years ago, but I haven't used it since. I guess I'm still considered new. Anyway, glad to be back after a long hiatus.

#9500 Posted by mega6382 (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

I joined about a year ago, but I just got a little bit active. I hope to contribute a lot to this forums.

I just have one question, why is it that some users' username are gray, red, blue etc? And where can I find more info on that. Thanks