The Leader of the Defenders

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We now have shows for all four of Netflix's Defenders line up. Based on what you've seen from their personalities; which hero do you think should lead the team?

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

There won't really be a leader. I'm very excited for the Defenders because of just how strange and unpredictable this mashup of completely unrelated characters is going to be. Unlike The Avengers, nobody on The Defenders really fits any type of "role." There's no easily definable leader, no particular strategist, their skills and abilities all cross over with three of them having super strength and two of them being martial artists, so there's no particular brawn and no particular ninja. Overall they seem like an extremely inefficient team with completely random members who don't have anything in common, and that excites me.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If there were to be a leader it should be Matt

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claire

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueHope

Anyone but Iron Fist.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD easy.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spambot

I don't think they will have a de facto leader. Even the Avengers don't really have a de facto leader.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD is the most intelligent and can scan areas before they engage a fight JJ is a drunk but she's kinda smart IF is really dumb and so is cage

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: What did think of Legends team?

You mean Legends of Tomorrow?

I haven't watched season 2 yet (I'm behind on all the CW shows so I'm waiting for their seasons to end and I'll binge them on Netflix) but season 1 was one of my favorite live action superhero seasons.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie said:

I haven't watched season 2 yet (I'm behind on all the CW shows so I'm waiting for their seasons to end and I'll binge them on Netflix) but season 1 was one of my favorite live action superhero seasons.

Like your opinion on the members on the team, Also did you like the newest ep of Arrow? I thought it was fanatastic

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thesuperor said:

If there were to be a leader it should be Matt

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:
@staticdwanyemcduffie said:

Like your opinion on the members on the team, Also did you like the newest ep of Arrow? I thought it was fanatastic

Well Mick is basically my second favorite CWverse character now, somehow. It's actually pretty amazing how Heatwave of all people ended up being the best part of that show. Like, before it was released, everyone thought he was just going to be fodder. I commend the writers for taking that one-note character and making him fantastic.

Captain Cold, Ray, Rip and Sara were all great characters too. Truth be told I never liked Sara on Arrow. But Legends, once again, made her into a great character.

The Hawks sucked obv. lol

And I liked Savage a lot. He had a lot of weak moments, but when he was on point, he was on par with Reverse Flash and Malcolm Merlyn.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the punisher

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick.

Capable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD is the most intelligent and can scan areas before they engage a fight JJ is a drunk but she's kinda smart IF is really dumb and so is cage

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are not dumb, as you put it. On the contrary, they are quite smart. Jessica is the same. But yes, DareDevil is the most intelligent, and a natural leader. Therefore, Matt is the true leader.

Thanks for Reading!

~Capable

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

No Leader similar to the JL. They make up each other weaknesses and strengths. They all will be a "leader" in there own way when a situation comes to them.

EX. Danny may lead in something much more spiritual or martial arts oriented

EX. Jessica leads in an investigation

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Danny won't be the leader, but he will have the most knowledge of the Hand and the Seven Cities and be the "come on, guys, stop arguing, we need to get our shit together" guy.

Jessica will spend most of her time rolling her eyes.

Matt and Luke will be the Tony and Steve of the group.

There are so many reasons for them to butt heads:

• Both are natural alpha males.
  • Both have a romantic interest in Claire
  • Then when you consider their styles of crime-fighting, tension seems inevitable. Luke openly walks the streets in broad daylight pimpslapping criminals and became a celebrity, common criminals are easily dispatched and present no threat. Matt on the other hand prowls the rooftops at night, each night could be his doom and he is more than willing to use torture to get information. Their M.O.s and outlooks are very different.
  • Matt, despite his vigilantism, vehemently believes in the rule of law and the judicial construction of guilt and innocence, whereas the law and related authorities (experiment in prison) have screwed Luke over again and again.

I think that Matt and Luke will gain one another's respect and trust by the end of the series, but they may not necessarily like one another.

Luke will forgive Jessica and accept that while she's pretty screwed up, she's not malicious in intent.

Only Luke and Danny will be genuine friends by the end of the Defenders. Danny likes rap and hip-hop, Luke likes Kung-Fu, it's a match made in heaven.

I think there's a good chance Claire bites it in episode 6 or 7, which brings them all together (Coulson style) to really bring it to the Hand in the final episode or couple of episodes.

I think Stick might die too, but I can see them saving that for Daredevil.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting tired of claire getting shoved down our throat. Only thing i thought was getting old. Liked all the series otherwise. Like we get it clair you keep meeting super people

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nyhybrid89

I don't think there would be a leader, hopefully by the end it probably will be Matt.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt seems to be the most level-headed here.

Danny has greatest knowledge about the Hand.

Jessica is the best investigator.

Luke is black.

Luke it is then.

Seriously though, I don't see either of them as leader, not at this point anyway.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By NewWorldOrder

I don't see anyone of them as leaders, but if I had to choose, it should be Matt. Then again, in the comics, didn't Luke Cage lead the New Avengers at one point?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

@capable: luke isn't to smart and IF is naive as heck and emotional but I believe foggy Nelson will lead the defenders

Capable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Capable

Possibly so, but we can agree that DareDevil is the obvious choice as a leader, correct?

~C

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thor-Parker

Danny won't be the leader, but he will have the most knowledge of the Hand and the Seven Cities and be the "come on, guys, stop arguing, we need to get our shit together" guy.

Jessica will spend most of her time rolling her eyes.

Danny and Luke will be the Tony and Steve of the group.

There are so many reasons for them to butt heads:

• Both are natural alpha males.
  • Both have a romantic interest in Claire
  • Then when you consider their styles of crime-fighting, tension seems inevitable. Luke openly walks the streets in broad daylight pimpslapping criminals and became a celebrity, common criminals are easily dispatched and present no threat. Matt on the other hand prowls the rooftops at night, each night could be his doom and he is more than willing to use torture to get information. Their M.O.s and outlooks are very different.
  • Matt, despite his vigilantism, vehemently believes in the rule of law and the judicial construction of guilt and innocence, whereas the law and related authorities (experiment in prison) have screwed Luke over again and again.

I think that Matt and Luke will gain one another's respect and trust by the end of the series, but they may not necessarily like one another.

Luke will forgive Jessica and accept that while she's pretty screwed up, she's not malicious in intent.

Only Luke and Danny will be genuine friends by the end of the Defenders. Danny likes rap and hip-hop, Luke likes Kung-Fu, it's a match made in heaven.

I think there's a good chance Claire bites it in episode 6 or 7, which brings them all together (Coulson style) to really bring it to the Hand in the final episode or couple of episodes.

I think Stick might die too, but I can see them saving that for Daredevil.

Look for the bold part, I think you meant to write Matt.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is going to be a leader, then it will be Daredevil no doubt.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see anyone of them as leaders, but if I had to choose, it should be Matt. Then again, in the comics, didn't Luke Cage lead the New Avengers at one point?

That´s just because Luke Cage was Bendis´ mascot, besides, he doesn´t really compare to his comic book counterpart when it comes to leadership.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil. I can't really explain it, he just seems like he'd be the best leader.

Although, I think any of them could lead accept Jessica Jones. She has no leadership potential at all. Honestly, I don't even think she'll be able to contribute much to the team at all.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newworldorder said:

That´s just because Luke Cage was Bendis´ mascot, besides, he doesn´t really compare to his comic book counterpart when it comes to leadership.

I guess.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Thor-Parker

Daredevil. I can't really explain it, he just seems like he'd be the best leader.

Although, I think any of them could lead accept Jessica Jones. She has no leadership potential at all. Honestly, I don't even think she'll be able to contribute much to the team at all.

Jessica is definitely the most useless member of The Defenders, you already have super strength in Luke Cage, she doesn´t know how to fight, literally all she brings is super strength (which Luke already has) and detective skills (which Matt can compensate with his super senses).

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

Jessica is definitely the most useless member of The Defenders, you already have super strength in Luke Cage, she doesn´t know how to fight, literally all she brings is super strength (which Luke already has) and detective skills (which Matt can compensate with his super senses).

Yeah. She's barely even a crime fighter. If anything I'd say she's the kind of person who actively avoids crime fighting, not the kind that goes after it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil should be the leader.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Likely Daredevil he's generally the most level headed and experienced in the field out of the group