• 68 results
hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hyperfinn

At first everyone was really wanting Spider-Man in the MCU, when it did happen in the movie Civil War, that got lots of fans happy, than Homecoming gets made people are mixed about it and now with Far From Home people are raging about it going as far as saying Marvel ruined their favorite web slinger in the movies.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

All I can say is that Flash Thompson being made into a member of Peter's debate club team and his "bullying" now consisting solely of sassy remarks is pretty nausea inducing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: 10000% agree the original stereotype flash is a classic for Spider-Man it never fails in such simple lessons like just because you can rip this guy in two now with your new power doesn’t mean that’s the way to be the bigger man about it.

Then we go back to the famous tag line that I still find weird they haven’t mentioned in the mcu.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the "Spider boy" teenger approach they going with. I prefer an older and more seasoned Spider man

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash Thompson, Zendaya ruined it for me

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People hate MCU Spider-Man? I mean, I have my personal preferences of what I like to see of the character and all, but hate him? Holland is pretty solid as a young Peter/Spidey I think ?‍♂️

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate him, I'm actually pretty neutral atm although I initially disliked him. Although as others have said this version of Flash Thompson is terrible and I have no idea why they went through with that idea.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate him, I'm actually pretty neutral atm although I initially disliked him. Although as others have said this version of Flash Thompson is terrible and I have no idea why they went through with that idea.

It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been out of High School, so I may be wrong on this account, but something tells me this change to Flash was done to keep up with how kids are in school today. Is the prototypical jock/bully/a$$hole that the original Flash was based on still a thing today?

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thread is about hating on spiderman , but everyone is talking about Flash ?

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@mazahs117: In my school it wasn't, in fact some of the star athletes at my school were into all sorts of nerdy stuff, including comics. That being said it could be different in other places, but I feel if they wanted to go this route they could have Flash make fun of Peter on social media or something, since even back when I was in school(around six years ago) that was already the main bullying format.

That being said we did still have physical bullies, though they were more or less a couple "punk kids" rather than jocks and admittedly it wasn't the primary form of it. So they could have also went that route with Flash, and I'm kind of surprised they didn't.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the kid and his relationship with Tony set up a solid foundation for his movies. My issue is more or less with Disney never fully letting him use his physicality (kicking/punching or cutting loose like he did in the comics against Morlun/Venom. As a character he’s finally starting to come into his own, he now has a semi-working Spidersense and has to learn from the loss of Iron Man. We’ve never seen a young Spiderman transition into an adult webslinger, so his arc/growth only have room to grow. Holland genuinely fits the role as a young man, and while i think Zendaya sucks as MJ I like this version and can’t wait to see what they do.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@mazahs117: I can say that jock jerks that prefer physical bullying are still a thing, they aren't as common but they still do occur back when I was in HS and at my cousins and nieces own. Especially when they are coddled by teachers so they can carry the school to a victory. I wouldn't mind ew flash but I feel I never see why I should feel bad Peter has to deal with him. Older Flash was an idiot but he was the stereyotype of a kind of guy that girls in that age like being handsome and muscular despite being an idiot and a jerk. New flash.. He's smart but he comes of as he's trying too hard and he's not above Peter in any real way

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: @fullmetalemprah: Oh, I see. Guess I figured they were doing somekind of “new age” bullying/hazing thing with this new Flash, but I wasn’t really sure if that is accurate with what kids are dealing with today in school.

Anyways, I guess no matter what style they portray Flash Thompson in, a poorly written character is poor.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't enjoyed MCU Spider-Man but from what I hear about far from home, that may be about to change. I hope it does.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holland is by far the best live action Spiderman

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x:

he's not above Peter in any real way

He never genuinely was in either version.

I love the new Flash Thomson because he's exactly the sort of idiot from my high school that I hated most, yet was still the most common.

If Flash actually tried beating spiderman up today, Spiderman has way too many options to get flash into serious trouble. Especially going to a good school in New York. People care too much for that today: if Flash really started beating Peter up, people in the audience might genuinely accuse him of being a villain.

Also as someone who didn't overly care for the original spiderman films, Mcu Spiderman is amazing and leaves a much more memorable impression.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@stormshadow_x:

he's not above Peter in any real way

He never genuinely was in either version.

Thats were I disagree. He was more "handsome" , bigger, a star football player. As far as highschool life which he was a key part of he was Outdoing peter, his social status around the peers they shared was higher. It made it even better when down the line he realized how shallow that really was and that it didn't amount to much. Flash was always a good commentary on someone who was living the Highschool dream but had to realize that the dream would end.

I love the new Flash Thomson because he's exactly the sort of idiot from my high school that I hated most, yet was still the most common.

You can, He's not a horrible character but he's not what Flash is suppose to be and thats not just a big jock or whatever. It's someone who you can see why in HS life he's seen as above peter but in reality as readers we know he's not in character or even something as shallow as physique. This new character is a challenge to peter inteelect...but unlike with the original Relationship between classic Flash and Peter, Peter clearly is at least smarter and to his peers out of Flah's league ( He was an intern for Tony stark, the equivalent would be being the same for Elon Musk in the real world) IMO New Flash doesn't work because even in a shallow sense he's not Peters equal in anyway even to their shared peers it seems he comes of as the guy who tries to make everyone like him unnaturally.

If Flash actually tried beating spiderman up today, Spiderman has way too many options to get flash into serious trouble. Especially going to a good school in New York. People care too much for that today: if Flash really started beating Peter up, people in the audience might genuinely accuse him of being a villain.

You can say the same for their classic relationship, I'm not sure where this myth came from that schools pre 2010 just let bullies run rampant but at least classic Flash had something akin to coverage, he rarley ever really hurt peter physically and at best tried to make him feel like a nerd and a wimp AND he was the star football player so as long as he never hurt Peter in a physical sense he was fine. New Flash has no reason to be Flash and not just some random guy. Amazing Spider-man Flash in his one movie felt like he was a more interesting and better character than new Flash, he was a pigheaded bully sure, but you can tell he certainly has an inferioty complex despite having a superior social status, and when Uncle Ben was killed he showed alot of character by trying to be their for Peter making it clear he didn't hate him or whatever and truly felt sorry for him.

Also as someone who didn't overly care for the original spiderman films, Mcu Spiderman is amazing and leaves a much more memorable impression.

The most memorable thing about him IMO is that he's apart of the MCU and we can actually see him with other heroes which is nice. Honestly thought Andrew had a better version of the character even including his " Cooler" peter parker which had flaws.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yep.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Spider-Man sucks. I hate his entire dynamic with Iron Man. He's not Spider-Man anymore, just Iron Man Jr. It annoys me. And I would much prefer a 3rd addition to my favorite live action Spider-Man movies then then one of the worst ways to introduce him into the MCU. TBH, I was exited that Spidey was making it into the MCU until I watched Homecoming. Then it only when down hill from there.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love him. He's my favorite live action Spidey. And the fact he is hated so much, only endears me more to him since he is not only an underdog in universe but in real life

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's great...

jao48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both previous interpretations of the hero had more weight, were more ambitious, and got the basics. There is no Spiderman without Uncle Ben.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a modern interpretation of spiderman, which TASM1 already did better, and it's a poor adaptation of peter and his supporting characters.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Stark Jr

Wanna b avenger

Pretty pathetic

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@steve40l said:

MCU Spider-Man sucks. I hate his entire dynamic with Iron Man. He's not Spider-Man anymore, just Iron Man Jr. It annoys me. And I would much prefer a 3rd addition to my favorite live action Spider-Man movies then then one of the worst ways to introduce him into the MCU. TBH, I was exited that Spidey was making it into the MCU until I watched Homecoming. Then it only when down hill from there.

MinisculeHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a modern interpretation of spiderman, which TASM1 already did better, and it's a poor adaptation of peter and his supporting characters.

While I don't dislike the MCU version, I 100% agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TASM sucks imo.

OT: This site is biased against the MCU, so I wouldn't expect Spider-Man to be any different.

@thevvitchking said:

Yep.

+1. And your username fits perfectly.

I love him. He's my favorite live action Spidey. And the fact he is hated so much, only endears me more to him since he is not only an underdog in universe but in real life

Yes! Tom Holland is awesome!

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper I like the MCU for the most part. But as exited as I was for Spidey to enter it. They ruined it 100 times more then my excitement could ever overcome. He's not even Spider-Man. Just Iron Man Jr. with a different name a suit slapped on him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@darthsuper I like the MCU for the most part. But as exited as I was for Spidey to enter it. They ruined it 100 times more then my excitement could ever overcome. He's not even Spider-Man. Just Iron Man Jr. with a different name a suit slapped on him.

I disagree, but to each their own I suppose. I won't rag on your opinion.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper I guess you're right. Sorry for the little rant. MCU Spidey gets me pretty mad though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@darthsuper I guess you're right. Sorry for the little rant. MCU Spidey gets me pretty mad though.

It's fine. I like to accept other people's opinions. :)

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Holland is my favorite LA Spider-Man

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My issue is tiers. Mcu Spiderman can tank bullet trains, hold up ferries amd bullet time a dozen automatic bullets while blind. Not to mention overpowering Cull in 2 movies and having control of EDITH.

He is a mid tier while comics always kept him a a neighbourhood hero

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is a Iron man lite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holland is my favorite LA Spider-Man

Same here. Holland fans unite!

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii Those are all things he'd do in the comic books much easier. The MCU actually majorly downplayed him. He couldn't even beat Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-62262097409c9
deactivated-62262097409c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't explain it, he has the base aesthetic down but doesn't feel like Spiderman. Similar

to how Snyderman isn't Superman.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd Doesn't feel like Spider-Man because Spider-Man is his own character. The MCU takes all of that away.

hotlog4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People hate MCU Spider-Man? I mean, I have my personal preferences of what I like to see of the character and all, but hate him? Holland is pretty solid as a young Peter/Spidey I think ?‍♂️

Knutcracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@the_kidd Doesn't feel like Spider-Man because Spider-Man is his own character. The MCU takes all of that away.

THIS THIS THIS

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's great

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best take on live action spidey to date. Was skeptical until I saw the first civil war trailer, from someone who's heavily comic biased. Treat it like what it is, another parallel universe. Also flash fan boying over spiderman then bagging on Peter was perfect

Avatar image for kamrindisandro95
KamrinDiSandro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do know Stan Lee himself Sayed when he created Spider-Man he imagined Tom Holland's description when he made the character and this came from the guy who created Spider-Man so unless Stan Lee comes back from the grave and takes it back or Steve Ditcko who also made Spider-Man says that's not true. The who are we to argue with the creator of Spider-Man.

MoistChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers