MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MetalJimmor

@cpt_nice:

Very nice. If Hagrid had been allowed to finish school he'd probably be the strongest duelist of his time. lol

I don't have my books with me, but off the top of my head didn't he physically restrain Buckbeak in the books? Grawp was also fairly violent, and I think Hagrid had to deal with full grown giants off-screen at some point. I vaguely remember bruises. If he tanked hits from full grown giants that would be quite the durability feat.

I remember very distinctly that he was able to pull a full grown pinetree for Christmas in the movie, though. That in itself is impressive.

WardedMan7050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Barty Crouch Jr? He seemed like a pretty powerful wizard.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I didn't see your quote before, but that is pretty good even if it happened off panel. I will add it to Kingsley's post.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cpt_nice

@wardedman7050 said:

What about Barty Crouch Jr? He seemed like a pretty powerful wizard.

Does he have any feats outside of ambushing Moody and turning Draco into a ferret?

WardedMan7050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No dueling feats really. But strong Occlumency, exceptionally strong Confundus Charm. Oh wait, he took out Fleur, and put the imperius curse on Krum during the 3rd task. But they obviously weren't expecting it so I'm not sure that counts.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardedman7050: Tip: press the reply button on my comment the next time, so I am tagged. Then I will be notified you are replying to me :)

Yeah exactly, he is definitely very skilled at magic and I am glad you brought him up and him totally blindsiding everyone at Hogwarts for a year is very impressive in its own right. But unfortunately he lacks dueling feats, which is what would be the thing I am looking for.

Still, thanks.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: That's awesome! I took the time and read all of them, you're great!

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: That's awesome! I took the time and read all of them, you're great!

Hah, thanks!

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: If you're still doing these I'd love for you to do one on Tonks. I feel she's underestimated a little because she consistently lost to Bellatrix, when pretty much everyone (outside the big 3 and Delphini of course) would not take a majority over Bellatrix.

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cpt_nice: Very good job friend! Great respect threads. About Hagrid you could add that he hold off a colony of bloodlusted centaurs. That's something for sure

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: If you're still doing these I'd love for you to do one on Tonks. I feel she's underestimated a little because she consistently lost to Bellatrix, when pretty much everyone (outside the big 3 and Delphini of course) would not take a majority over Bellatrix.

I agree with that statement. I can look into making one for Tonks

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: If we are talking about underrated characters then you need to do Snape.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: If we are talking about underrated characters then you need to do Snape.

The fact that he is still consistently put above Bellatrix makes him overrated.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@cpt_nice: Joke's on you. Some people seeiosuly argue about him being Grindelwand and Voldie level lol

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, bravo, this is great, just feel sad that most of the characters don't have a lot of showings, would be cool if we got an order of Phoenix movie, pre Harry Potter that is

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this cause there are some new HP fans on the Vine who might actually have to read a few passages from the book again before starting arguments over HP feats

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@cpt_nice said:

Bumping this cause there are some new HP fans on the Vine who might actually have to read a few passages from the book again before starting arguments over HP feats

I read through this ages ago and found it interesting. Really great job. I feel like you missed a few of Lupin's feats so I created my own respect thread for him but besides that solid job. I actually read through the books recently so I don't need a reminder but I came here to comment anyway because I feel like you deserve the credit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cpt_nice said:

Please tell me you're not referring too me, I'd be insulted if you were I'm hardly a new HP fan and have debated it across forums for years, well before this site. What do you think of this?

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cpt_nice

@riddlerfan77: You are lowballing clearly great feats such as a tired Bellatrix, who was fleeing the scene, blocking a spell from Dumbledore who just arrived and was totally fresh, a feat no one has ever been close to replicating, and acting like that means nothing because it makes you uncomfortable that she might be better than someone you clearly like. You also take stuff out of context, acting like the cafe fight was Dolohov losing to the main the trio with outside help is better than Bellatrix (who was, again, not fresh, as this was at the end of the battle and post-killing Tonks) stalemating three witches.

I have learned to not debate people who do these kinds of things. Your near-obsessive love for Dolohov is admirable, especially since I am a huge proponent of the fact that he is underrated, hence why he is included in this thread. But I don't enjoy people who are disingenuous and obtuse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Come on man, be reasonable. Debating is the key purpose of this site, it's fun to debate with those with different opinions, there's no point in not debating with people who disagree with you, differing opinions are fun.

@cpt_nice said:

@riddlerfan77: You are lowballing clearly great feats such as a tired Bellatrix, who was fleeing the scene, blocking a spell from Dumbledore who just arrived and was totally fresh, a feat no one has ever been close to replicating, and acting like that means nothing because it makes you uncomfortable that she might be better than someone you clearly like.

I hate both characters so I don't see your point. The feat is impressive sure but Dumbledore isn't infallible, not every spell he lands is an instant K.O, one shotting fodder Death Eaters doesn't mean he can do the same to Bellatrix or Dolohov or anyone on their level for that matter. Dismiss my arguments and ignore me all you want but all that shows is your inability to actually counter my points. You accuse me of lowballing but do it yourself, the hypocrisy of some of the "Expert debaters" on this site in unreal lol.

You also take stuff out of context, acting like the cafe fight was Dolohov losing to the main the trio with outside help is better than Bellatrix (who was, again, not fresh, as this was at the end of the battle and post-killing Tonks) stalemating three witches.

Moot point, Bellatrix's opponents were tired too, it evens itself out. The help argument doesn't work either because Rowle got subdued in five seconds and Dolohov duelled them all without a partner anyway.

I have learned to not debate people who do these kinds of things.

Good for you.

Your near-obsessive love for Dolohov is admirable, especially since I am a huge proponent of the fact that he is underrated, hence why he is included in this thread.

To be quite frank this statement is not worth addressing. Dolohov was a disgusting, sadistic piece of scum who killed one of my favourite characters, I don't like him, I just dislike lowballing even more.

But I don't enjoy people who are disingenuous and obtuse.

Falling on the good old standby of using complicated words to satisfy ego.