Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jaycool2: the monkey land was the sage realm arc/Oraeguk arc lol

The kings powers are my favorite too

Why's Mori your fav character? :-0

I can't remeber that acs name, it escapes me.

Mori is just cool and over powered and funny. When it comes to characters I am far more relaxed than most people. It's why i like FT.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Really hate how the series is really just a mess right now. It should have just ended already instead of prolonging itself. To be fair this happens lots of series and it is hard to keep a series fresh, but it still sucks when it happen.

1. Who's your favorite character? Either Mira who has been shafted lately or Mori who to be fair was stuck in another dimension for 100+ chapter, so I should not really be complaining about Mira being shafted recently.

2. What's your favorite arc?

Probably the tournament arc where Jin Mori activates his god power for the first time.

3. What's your favorite power?

Jin Mori of course, being able to travel in space, make clones and summon lightning, must be nice to become a god.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7 higherpower  Moderator

@jgames: yea they're about to start a whole nother arc that I predict will end in Mujin Park getting his ass handed to him by the trio

But the series has had too many storyline-altering plot twists back to back for me to know where it's going. Tbh I don't even think the author knows where the story is going

And yessss Mori was gone from the main storyline for 2 years like wtf he wasn't even the main protagonist anymore lol

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 higherpower  Moderator
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And whaaaat is this

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: Yeah many long running series seem to be writing in their seats of their pants. I mean DBZ was just Akira constantly making changes as he wrote the story with the Cell saga having multiple changes to the villain which to be fair was my favorite arc, but it also the reason why the Buu arc was such a mess and why he switch the main character from Gohan to Goku.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@jgames: How long do you think GOH will stretch out? I actually like it so I don't want it to end soon, and it just started a new arc anyways. I think it wold cap in a another 50 chapters or so

But you're right, when long-running series become stretched out past a considerable point they plummet in quality the longer they're on for. The only exception I can think of is One Piece, which does the exact opposite as they series progressively gets better the longer it's drawn out. They same can't be said for other shonen though

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Favourite character is Dae-Wi. I think my favourite arc would be the whole tournament fighting we got throughout the beginning when they focused mostly on fighting skill (first/second arc). My favourite power would probably have to be the Kings power along with Yu Mi-Ra.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jgames

@god_vulcan said:

@jgames: How long do you think GOH will stretch out? I actually like it so I don't want it to end soon, and it just started a new arc anyways. I think it wold cap in a another 50 chapters or so

But you're right, when long-running series become stretched out past a considerable point they plummet in quality the longer they're on for. The only exception I can think of is One Piece, which does the exact opposite as they series progressively gets better the longer it's drawn out. They same can't be said for other shonen though

Find One Piece formulaic as of late, but I guess being formulaic is a safe way to keep the quality up since as much as people like to be surprised, there are certain expectation when it comes to a series, and One piece delivers on it unlike Naruto which became over-bloated.

That being said trying new things can help a series like it did with Gurren Laggan (okay not a long running series, but still) while playing it safe and formulaic can hurt a series like it did with the buu arc, where the author did not have confidence in Gohan character and reverted to using Goku and play it safe.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said 50+ sound reasonable. At this point I just want it to end and not have me start disliking the webcomic, like I am with FT where I can't really defend it anymore.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fave character - Han Dae WI and Mira

Fave Arc- back in the beginning when it was just a tournament

Fave power- The staff, Gourd and Cloud

ThanosOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Han Dae Wi

2) Sage Realm Arc

3) Jin Mo-Ri Original: Kick of the Blue Dragon

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emperorthanos-  Moderator

1. Jin would actually be my favorite character.

2. Second tournament arc with Mori Hui. We still got to see various martials art styles while at the same time seeing various borrowed powers.

3. Not necessarily a power but I do like renewal taekwondo

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: My problem with One piece is that Oda takes too many breaks. But it's probably for the best story wise.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 higherpower  Moderator

@jaycool2: @jgames: I will admit One Piece has been getting repetitive lately, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because when you think about it every arc in the series follows the same progression pattern. New Island, foreshadow a new villain, they get entangled in some kind of social or political problem with the residents and tie everything back to the villain then they whup ass etc.

I just hope GOH doesn't get repetitive though. I really hope the series stays consistent in quality

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: It would have to be the guy who stabbed mori's grandpa (whatever his name is) who is my least fav

i don't got a least fav arc

Mori Hui would be cool to see again

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

My answers

1. Sang Man-Duk. I always kinda hated him

2. The one where Mira got fake married. It's not necessarily bad just didn't like it

3. There's sooo many. The crazy guy who says revolution and has jack the ripper, the dude who got first beaten by Mori in the first arc, Baek sung-chul (as well as King Uma) and commisioner Q, as well as all thre members of the six who died . There's also that chick in the yellow jumpsuit and a lot of other characters who I want to see more of

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 1

1. Alexandros. I really liked his style and how he simply just out-fought Dante for a time.

2. The first arc. It had the best balance of everything that makes this manga great.

3. The first Heavenly Prince or King.

Round 2

1. R. I just find him hypocritical and boring. I liked Taek Jae-Kal better.

2. The current one.

3. Park Il Pyo and Baek Seung-Chul. They seemed early on that they would have some cool development and awesome battles, but nope. Looking back there were quite a few characters that I found underdeveloped which made the manwha disappointing imo. Honestly we will have to wait till the manga finishes to truly answer this.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 higherpower  Moderator

@primez0ne: Interesting pick for r1, I like Alexandros as well but never really put in to much thought into him

Why is the current arc your least favorite?

And I also thought Park Il Pyo was gonna get more screentime, I really miss him he was such an interesting character and had the best 9 tailed fox ability I've seen (looking at you Nardo)

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@god_vulcan: I'm not sure I would read/watch a whole series based on him, but I found him very interesting.

It just felt like it was getting out of hand with the King fight turning into a fight against the gods then fighting R and now fighting Mujin. I know this may count as multiple arcs but it seems a bit crazy how things seem to come right after each other with little build up for half of them. It also doesn't help that I don't like R or Mujin's motivations.

Same.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1- What's his name, the guy who's name is similar to mujin pak

2- to be honest, my interest in this current arc has really waned, feel like the story should have ended a long time ago

3- the black dude with white hair who tames dragons and feeds them gold. Now, that's an interesting character

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I guess Park right now for being a weird last minute villain, it just stupid.

2.Current arc, my interest has been declining.

3.I guess it be awesome to see more IDK on top of my head.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1

Jin and Dae-Wi

Sage Realm arc

Jin's powerset

Round 2

R (D**khead)

Gotta be that arc where Mira got "married"

Park Il pyo

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By higherpower  Moderator
ThanosOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Jin Mo-Ri vs Taek Jae-Kal

2) Jin Mo-Ri vs Lee Soo-Jin

3) Jin Mo-Ri vs Satan

4) Jin Mo-Ri vs Han Dae-Wi

5) Jin Mo-Ri vs Park Il-Pyo

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 higherpower  Moderator

My list (in order) -

1. Jin Mo-Ri vs Satan: It was over-the-top and gave me a new perspective of GOH

2. Jin Mo-Ri vs First Crown Prince: FCP solidified his status as badass, also this fight was great for feats, and the first high end battle

3. Jin Mo-Ri vs Han Dae-Wi: Best martial arts smackdown period. Reread and you'll know why, the intensity was insane

4. Jin Mo-Ri vs Ilpyo Park: The battle was just choreographed beautifully, and Ilpyo's powers were really interesting

5. Jin mo-Ri vs Taek Je-Kal: The first time he awakens his powers. nuff said

Honorable mentions-

- Han dae-Wi vs Gods of the divine realm

- Yu Mi-Ra vs Priest Ryu

- King Uma vs Bishop Byron

- Ilpyo Park and Baek Sung-Chul vs 3rd crown prince and 2nd Crown Prince

- The Six and World tournament participants vs The Nox and Gods of the divine realm

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 higherpower  Moderator

Has anybody read the latest chapter????? A 17 year timeskip wtf???????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have a top five fav fights. to hard to choose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please explain the premise of this show

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@superkryptonian said:

Can someone please explain the premise of this show

It starts off about a Korean "highschool" martial arts tournament, and quickly proceeds into something else- most notably the reason the tournament was held and the secrets behind it. In the most basic terms, it's an action webtoon all about fighting, with elements of betrayal, mystery, and morality. There are lots of Gods, monsters, other creatures, and a whole bunch of cool weapons and powers. The characters are good, the story starts off really good (kinda slows down), but it's main appeal are the over the top battles. So if you like action and adventure it's an absolute must

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Has anybody read the latest chapter????? A 17 year timeskip wtf???????

this worries me. It seems like one of those mangas where they have a time skip and then end the story with one final chapter. This happened with both Naruto and Bleach. And I know GOH is a Manwha so it may not mean the same thing.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 emperorthanos-  Moderator

It seems based of the raws that GOH might be ending.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear if it ends with just a chapter after this damn timeskip....

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: @kingzod: From what I gather from what Mr_I could translate of the comments, it's ending but wasn't cancelled although no sequel has been announced.

I'm guessing this will be like Tokyo Ghoul where it ends suddenly with no sequel announced and one gets announced later. That would make the most sense because a continuation is obviously needed with all the unresolved plot threads.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 higherpower  Moderator

@emperorthanos: @kingzod: From what I gather from what Mr_I could translate of the comments, it's ending but wasn't cancelled although no sequel has been announced.

I'm guessing this will be like Tokyo Ghoul where it ends suddenly with no sequel announced and one gets announced later. That would make the most sense because a continuation is obviously needed with all the unresolved plot threads.

How many more chapters do you think are left?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: In the current series? The raws confirm there's two more and then a message from the author substituting chapter 308.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 higherpower  Moderator

@highaccuser: Damn I was expecting a whole new arc with all these ridiculous plot twist and cliffhangers. Especially so the trio can get more feats, like Han just got the Kings powers and Mira just got the sword of Tathagata, which cut a freaking country in half. And she just mastered the direct contract too, plus will their ship ever go cannon? Not to mention all the potential villains at the end. Mujin park was ridiculous, but i'm still interested in R and the white haired bishop

Are you reading any other notable webtoon rn?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Damn I was expecting a whole new arc with all these ridiculous plot twist and cliffhangers. Especially so the trio can get more feats, like Han just got the Kings powers and Mira just got the sword of Tathagata, which cut a freaking country in half. And she just mastered the direct contract too, plus will their ship ever go cannon? Not to mention all the potential villains at the end. Mujin park was ridiculous, but i'm still interested in R and the white haired bishop

Are you reading any other notable webtoon rn?

Like I said there will probably be a sequel series, although I assume it won't come out for a while.

I'm reading Tower of God.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 higherpower  Moderator

@highaccuser: Well then RIP because this thread should've been made like a year

I needed to get started on TOG, i heard it's really good or something but I'm reading Noblesse rn, plus a bunch of manga and Rebirth comics

ThanosOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The time skip doesn't bother me.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the latest chapter. I think a sequel series is happening

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 higherpower  Moderator

@kingzod: There's probably gonna be a huge break before it starts

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

Either there's going to a sequel series or just a final saga. They're probably going to be looking for Mori, or defeat some new completely overpowered villain. Their skills and abilities must have increased considerably too

I'm probably gonna add some new questions

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any theories on what the hell happened to Mujin?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, maybe the timeskip will make the webcomic be less hectic as the last arc which was just messy as hell.