The God Blast: Thor's Kamehameha

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's stuff like this that makes me sad that Thor never received the same respect and popularity as Spider-Man and Wolverine.

And it gives me another reason to be angry at Jason Aaron for nerfing Thor.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and Spider-Man are glorified street levelers. That’s why he’ll never be as popular. Batman comics and movies will forever be more interesting than Superman movies.

God blast? Cmon.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: But how can someone dislike Thor and Superman if they have so much in common with Son Goku?

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I can blame Aaron regardless of what he has been doing. This is simply Marvel's fault and how they orchestrated this character's run after Original Sin. I mean if I look back on Aaron's GOT, it was so good and incredible. And now reading any Thor comic simply sucks. Conan the Barbarian has been pretty good so far.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: i agree the earlier stories of Aaron's run were pretty good. I liked Dario Agger the Minotaur as a Lex Luthor-esque villain for Thor.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Cool

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: Are you saying street levelers are more popular than actual super characters? That's not true. Also Spiderman isn't street level

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phillip33

@tyger: generally they are tho...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I can blame Aaron regardless of what he has been doing. This is simply Marvel's fault and how they orchestrated this character's run after Original Sin. I mean if I look back on Aaron's GOT, it was so good and incredible. And now reading any Thor comic simply sucks. Conan the Barbarian has been pretty good so far.

I blame Aaron. He's been on the title for the last 5-6 years basically doing what he wants to do. He's said that multiple times how he's had all of this planned out and everything else. The editors aren't the ones who've done this to Thor though they are somewhat to blame by allowing it to happen. They just don't have the balls to pull him off the title. Even GoT's writing wasn't that great. God Butcher was pretty good but imo the writing fell quite a bit after that. What really made GoT stand out was Ribic's art.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: Goku is fallible. He’s not bulletproof, he was human children he strives to protect. Superman has never truly fought someone stronger than him. Every new enemy is far beyond Goku’s capability, and the storytelling isn’t about how dominant he is, it’s how can he find some newfound strength inside himself to do the impossible?

He has a lot more in common with Street levelers or mid-tier heroes when you look past face value.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Street levelers and lower mid-tier guys, yes. Iron Man immediately jumped to the top of Marvel’s list, Thor did not. Hulk got lapped. Right now it’s Spider-Man, Iron Man, then we can discuss #3.

Superman and WW have been grandfathered in as the best. But Batman is lapping everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@biswaboxz said:

I blame Aaron. He's been on the title for the last 5-6 years basically doing what he wants to do. He's said that multiple times how he's had all of this planned out and everything else. The editors aren't the ones who've done this to Thor though they are somewhat to blame by allowing it to happen. They just don't have the balls to pull him off the title. Even GoT's writing wasn't that great. God Butcher was pretty good but imo the writing fell quite a bit after that. What really made GoT stand out was Ribic's art.

I don't know what he said about his comics(since I am not a big fan). I just judged his transition from GOT to Post Original Sin, and it has been damn high and there are lots of things that changed. But that's my own opinion and I don't think Ribic's art make a whole lot of difference with Jane's Thor, given its art has been really good from Dautermann.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mar-Vell92

@havenless: but Superman has a son now.

Besides Supes best stories are the ones Who show his humane and altruistic side. Not the ones where he punches villains. All-Star Superman and Superman vs. The Elite comes to mind.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 socajunkie  Moderator

He doesn’t receive the same amount of respect or popularity because he isn’t as well written.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: he appeals mostly to norse mythology fans and power levels enthusiasts. Kinda how Wonder Woman appeals to greek mythology fans.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tyger

@phillip33: No they aren't. Superman even remains the #1 most popular hero. Only legit popular streetlevel is Batman and he is just overrated. I guess you could rank Wolverine as streetlevel but the fact that he has powers and regularly contends with higher ranking characters.... Still more heroes with actual powers, Thor, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Flash... You can't even list streetleveler like that, what are you going to say Black Widow lmao?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: Uh no... You must be referring to how MCU treated them and the reception. Hulk has always been more popular than both and Thor is right after. Know how much merchandise Hulk has gotten? Anyways MCU made RDJ Iron Man popular, that is all. Current MCU Thor is more popular than him

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: The Russo Bros. Made MCU Thor awesome.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: I mean literally human, as in vulnerable. Superman’s son is still another Superman.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Except when it comes to selling tickets to his movies or Halloween costumes or comic books since 2011 or the way Marvel comics has embraced him.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

@havenless: Are you saying street levelers are more popular than actual super characters? That's not true. Also Spiderman isn't street level

yeah he is

I'm a Thor fan I hate what Jason Aaron has done but whether ppl like Thor or not doesn't validate how cool he is to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: Goku is fallible. He’s not bulletproof, he was human children he strives to protect. Superman has never truly fought someone stronger than him. Every new enemy is far beyond Goku’s capability, and the storytelling isn’t about how dominant he is, it’s how can he find some newfound strength inside himself to do the impossible?

He has a lot more in common with Street levelers or mid-tier heroes when you look past face value.

He fights those all the time . . .

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: The Thor movies werent very good to be honest. Loki was the saving grace of those.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@tyger said:

@phillip33: No they aren't. Superman even remains the #1 most popular hero. Only legit popular streetlevel is Batman and he is just overrated. I guess you could rank Wolverine as streetlevel but the fact that he has powers and regularly contends with higher ranking characters.... Still more heroes with actual powers, Thor, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Flash... You can't even list streetleveler like that, what are you going to say Black Widow lmao?

Yes they are, and Superman hasn't been the most popular hero for decades. Its Spidey, his only real competition is Bats, and its not even that close.

SwagBender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor’s Godblast is very very powerful. Too bad Marvel writers aren’t consistent.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mar-Vell92

@rukelnikovftw: i think thats a generational thing. Spiderman and Batman were the only heroes with good movie and TV adaptations for decades.

And Spiderman has the ''relatable'' factor has the trumpcard.

If you aren't into epic fantasy, then you aren't going to get into Thor.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: i think thats a generational thing. Spiderman and Batman were the only heroes with good movie and TV adaptations for decades.

And Spiderman has the ''relatable'' factor has the trumpcard.

If you aren't into epic fantasy, then you aren't going to get into Thor.

Yeah

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By phillip33

@tyger: take a look at the comic sales figures and then get back to me. The only books that are consistently in the top 5 for comics sales each month that aren’t part of a big event and are long-standing arcs are Spider-Man and Batman.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagbender: Its powerful but he isnt using it unless its absolutely necessary

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phillip33: It's a real shame. You would think the MCU would have made the sci-fi/fantasy oriented heroes of Marvel more popular.