Posted by solar_nerd (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

So, guys, instead of introducing the article, I'm gonna get right to the point.

-

1. Man of Steel

No Caption Provided

I had very little problems with this movie, and I certainly loved a Superman movie kicking off the DCEU. I just think it could've been something...more. I don't think it should have been an origin story, and I don't think it should have been as dark. I'd have kept Zod as the villain, but I would have involved more romance and fun in the story. It'd feel more like a Marvel film, not because I dislike dark superhero fare, but because Superman should have a funny, lighthearted popcorn flick rather than an explosion-filled blockbuster. I'd also keep Henry Cavill in the title role, but I'd also have a Lex Luthor cameo.

The Cast:

- Henry Cavill as Superman

- Olivia Wilde as Lois Lane

- Michael Shannon as Zod

- Russell Crowe as Jor-El

- Miles Teller as Jimmy Olsen

- Nick Offerman as Perry White

- Michael Fassbender as (briefly) Lex Luthor

The Batman

No Caption Provided

See, THIS is where the dark part of the superhero genre comes in. This movie would be set before Man of Steel and partially adapt the "Year One" storyline, but have Joker as the villain instead of Carmine Falcone.

Cast:

- Karl Urban as Batman

- JK Simmons as Jim Gordon

- Emma Stone as Barbara Gordon

- Jake Gyllenhaal as The Joker

- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne

- Laurence Fishburne as Lucius Fox

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

I wouldn't change anything about this movie, except for NO STEVE TREVOR. He is a present-day character.

Batman/Superman: World's Finest

No Caption Provided

Batman and Superman are supposed to team up, not fight! Anyway, this movie would have Lex Luthor as the villain and combine most of the cast from the previous Batman and Superman films. In the post-credit scene, it would set up Justice League.

The Flash

No Caption Provided

This movie would be an origin story, and have The Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard) as the villains. The metas' origin would be the result of an exploding Mother Box at STAR Labs.

The Cast:

- Garrett Hedlund as Barry Allen

- Kiersey Clemmons as Iris West

- Charlie Rowe as Wally West (NOTE: Wally is Iris' adopted brother instead of her nephew in this movie)

- Sebastian Stan as Captain Cold

- Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang

I haven't cast the rest of them.

Green Lantern Corps

No Caption Provided

This movie would feature most of the GLC members, but no Kyle Rayner or Guy Gardner. It wouldn't be an origin story. Sinestro would be the villain of the movie.

The Cast:

- Chris Pine as Hal Jordan

- Idris Elba as John Stewart

- Vin Diesel as the voice of Kilowog

- Matt Smith as Tomar-Tu

- Kate Mara as Arisia

- Luke Evans as Sinestro

Justice League

No Caption Provided

This movie would have Darkseid instead of Steppenwolf and partially adapt the "New 52 War" storyline.

The Cast:

Henry Cavill as Superman

Karl Urban as Batman

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

Garrett Hedlund as The Flash

Chris Pine as Green Lantern (Jordan)

Idris Elba as Green Lantern (Stewart)

Charlie Hunnam as Aquaman

Michael B. Jordan as Cyborg

Zachary Levi as Shazam

Denzel Washington as Martian Manhunter

So, what do you guys think? Comment!

#1 Posted by DammeFavour (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol...another one of these

#2 Posted by Mutant1230 (5737 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good! I like the heroes you focus on, but I would like to ask which release dates you had planned for each of them. Because sometimes the time available for the movie ends up factoring into how the schedule ends up working out.

#3 Posted by RBT (25209 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone with slightest number of brain cells should have made it just like that. But apparently that's too much to hope from WB.

The only movie I'd switch is I'd put Batman/Superman after The Flash but the rest is on point.

#4 Posted by solar_nerd (1291 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: XD Warner Bros just needs to sell the rights to Disney at this point.

#5 Edited by RBT (25209 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I don't like the idea of Darkseid appearing in the very first JL movie.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#6 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (13300 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically Marvel phase one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#7 Edited by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

So basically Marvel phase one.

this

should've thrown MoS 2 in there as well

#8 Posted by stillsick (18 posts) - - Show Bio

These threads are always nice. Reading in detail how people would have failed right along with WB. Lol

ALL. WRONG.

#9 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Denzel as MMH... no....

He’s one of my favorites but absolutely not.

#10 Edited by Vertigo- (16999 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question is:

Why isn't Idris Elba playing everyone?

All the same, maybe not Darkseid as the first villain. Maybe someone like Mongul the Elder. Build up someone like Darkseid a little longer. Other then that, the order is fine

#11 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

These threads are always nice. Reading in detail how people would have failed right along with WB. Lol

ALL. WRONG.

No Caption Provided

#12 Edited by k4tzm4n (41698 posts) - - Show Bio

There's an alternate Earth where this order of movies happened. There, people are complaining that WB "copied/ripped off" Marvel and wish the studio did something unique. :)

Fun fact: Snyder's original plan was just a five movie story: MoS, a follow-up to MoS with a TDKR inspired Batman, Justice League, Justice League 2, and then something else... maybe MoS 2?

#13 Edited by DevisedDream (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice ideas. I agree that MoS should not have been as dark. It should've had more of an upbeat, adventure tone.

A Batman adaptation of Year One would be sweet.

I liked Wonder Woman, but if they were going to set it in the past, I would've preferred it to be World War II.

And a Batman/Superman film without them fighting & threatening each other sounds like the film I've been waiting for.

#14 Posted by loyngulpany (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

This list was great

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#15 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8731 posts) - - Show Bio

It failed because it’s trash. Trash in a different order is still trash.

#16 Posted by deathstroke512 (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhhhhhhhh gaaaawd

#17 Posted by Apocofist (3024 posts) - - Show Bio

Why switch Aquaman?

There is no doubt that WB screwed up big time but Jason Mamoa was a rare decision done right, how else would people take Aquaman seriously?

#18 Posted by Pipxeroth (8770 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice list, but the order is hardly the reason the DCEU sucks. It sucks because its films are for the most part terrible.

#19 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I'd remove Superman from the DCEU. Nothing of this character at all, no kryptonians as well.

2) Make the Green Arrow the central figure, along with the other street levelers.

3) R'as Al Ghul and the League of assassins the central villains.

4) Make Batman supporting characters only with cameos and 10-minutes appearances.

5) Introduce Momoa's Aquaman with 2 or even 3 solo movies.

6) Remove Cyborg and give us Flash from the tv show and good Green lanterns and MM.

7) Hold the WW for the end, when everything is about to collapse.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
#20 Posted by Geraldofvengerberg (416 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I'd remove Superman from the DCEU. Nothing of this character at all, no kryptonians as well.

2) Make the Green Arrow the central figure, along with the other street levelers.

3) R'as Al Ghul and the League of assassins the central villains.

4) Make Batman supporting characters only with cameos and 10-minutes appearances.

5) Introduce Momoa's Aquaman with 2 or even 3 solo movies.

6) Remove Cyborg and give us Flash from the tv show and good Green lanterns and MM.

7) Hold the WW for the end, when everything is about to collapse.

Intresting

#21 Posted by MAZAHS117 (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Though I don't like the idea of Darkseid appearing in the very first JL movie.

S T A R R O

..and I don’t even care what anyone says

#22 Posted by maxlabp (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah. This would be awesome.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#23 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (16965 posts) - - Show Bio

This order definitely would've improved the DCEU, but the current order is far from the biggest issue of the DCEU. Sure, the DCEU order is stupid, but if the movies themselves were great, the franchise would've succeeded inspite of the order.

The problem with the DCEU is a combination of a misunderstanding of the source material, bad character development, a failure to create relatable, humane characters with clear motivations, bad CGI, boring action, terrible pacing, awful editing, studio interference and miscasting.

#24 Posted by weavile (273 posts) - - Show Bio

don't do Batman year one, no one want to see the whole parent is killed, starting out for the third times. Instead go with experienced Batman going against Joker or League of Assassin and realize that he can't do this alone much longer and thus form the justice league

#25 Posted by Green_Tea (10097 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk how to feel about another live action Wally being Iris’ bro instead of nephew.

#26 Posted by rogueshadow (28621 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the most obvious way, basically following the MCU method, a bunch of solo films ranging from decent - great solo-films followed by a team-up that makes big bucks because of the novelty factor and because all it takes is for an audience member to like one of the films for them to go and see the team-up.

With this model, I wouldn't have put Batman/Superman in phase one, I think you want to build the anticipation for that crossover in the Justice League for the mega-big bucks, World's Finest would be a phase 2 film, straight after JL, tease and establish their budding relationship in the Justice League then give the audience a whole movie of it.

I'd also have The Flash start things off. Start with a character less iconic than the trinity, don't even announce it's a cinematic universe, just make a great standalone, define the character for the general audience and set the tone. Throw in Easter eggs to get the fan-theories and discussion/hype going. Post-credits scene of special-agent Steve Trevor reviewing the metahuman incident in Central City, before getting called away on another mission. Something random like that.

BUT, I actually think that despite what people say, in theory, they could've started with a single Justice League film and gone from there, no buildups, no solos, just a single JL film that spawned individual franchises.

The major issue there is that said Justice League movie would have to be top-notch, and by top-notch I don't just mean really good, I mean better than any superhero film ever made. Basically, Fellowship of the Ring tier cinema. That's what it would take to get the audience so invested in half a dozen main characters that they would be not only willing, but excited to go and watch solo-films based on said characters.

#27 Posted by TrueThemyscira (354 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCEU is a failure because the films are bad and the characterization of the characters are bad. It's as simple as that.

#28 Posted by Shadowwaker (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Warner Bros will lead us away the evil Disney. Warner Bros is just getting started. They will only get stronger against the tyranny that is Disney.