• 83 results
#1 Posted by PrimelyGreat (499 posts) - - Show Bio

During the latest episode of Elseworlds, both Flash and Supergirl needed to slow down time basically slowing the entire earth. Barry said they needed to run just over Mach 7 to do it.

This is the results:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

#3 Posted by joshua755 (3458 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh just when they were getting good with speed lol

#4 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean they do need to run over mach 7, so he's not wrong but yeah...

#5 Posted by Mister_Surreal (6186 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

That's when you know that they know nothing about speed at all lmaop

#7 Posted by xZone (9581 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmaoooo

#8 Posted by Devilmenworks (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I thought the same thing. At first I thought I misheard that. Mach 7 to stop time???

#9 Posted by PrimelyGreat (499 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this feat like Ftl ?

#11 Edited by PrimelyGreat (499 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: Probably. Looks like they were pulling a Christopher Reeves. Could be a homage to him.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#12 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22449 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how their Superman sits back and lets the real heroes handle the hard work. And people actually want him to have his own series?? lmao

#13 Posted by Supermanthor (10349 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@primelygreat: It definitely was, this new speed feat is insane af

#15 Edited by StormKing1221 (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I don't think I ever want to debate for or against the Flash ever again, he's become as fast or slow as the plot demands. And mach 7 is just insulting

#16 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5316 posts) - - Show Bio

They are straight up trolling the vine at this point

#17 Edited by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5316 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21: I don’t know, but I’d like some

#19 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the dumbest thing i've seen in a long time

I'll maybe sound like a fanboy but in the vs battles i'll just ignore mach 7 statement, this is just too dumb

Sorry not sorry

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#20 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been established since like the 2nd episode that the writers have no clue how fast a mach is. Barry had Mach 100,000+ feats back when they were still clocking him at Mach 2. Half my arguments about CW Flash used to be that the mach numbers the writers threw out had no credibility. The feat itself is pretty consistent with his speed Post-S4, just not the number.

It's a great feat for Barry, but certainly not his best. It's much more impressive that Kara was also able to circle the earth a multitude of times within a second.

I really hope this is the case, that would be hilarious. This crossover definitely demonstrated they've got a finger on the pulse of the fanbase, so it isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility.

#21 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by DayWalker98 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919: very well said. I totally laughed when they mentioned Mach 7. The speed they were going out was at faster than light. This does confirm he is kind of consistent from season four. Entering flash time and out speeding the nuke was almost the speed of light here

#23 Edited by Matthew660 (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

I can’t wait to see how strong they are next year when crisis on infinite earths comes out.

#24 Posted by StormKing1221 (1672 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by The_Kidd (11391 posts) - - Show Bio

The lowballing and highballing of this feat will be insane.🤣🤣

#26 Posted by DayWalker98 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

This Has to be much faster than light.

#27 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#28 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21 said:

@firestormfate1919: You think it's not Barry's best speed feats ?

@firestormfate1919: What do you believe are Barry's best speed feats?

I think this is probably his fourth best. I'd rank them:

1. When Barry's time remnant died Crisis-style at the end of S2 he was using pure speed to counteract a magnitar pulse that was minimally planet-busting (technically Multiverse busting, but the dynamics of that are extremely unclear). That's like comic Wally level speed, like enough zeros to fill a screen times faster than light. Certainly an outlier, and established as his peak, but still.

2. His Flashtime feat is probably second. Moving dozens of miles back and forth across the city while a nuclear explosion is completely frozen is insane, and MFTL.

3. Basically just a much less impressive version of the first feat, when Barry used a sonic punch to counteract the satellite crash that was projected to be an extinction level event. This isn't remotely as good as the first, because it would just wipe out humanity as opposed to literally obliterating the planet, but it would still take MFTL speeds to achieve.

4. Moving around the planet dozens of times in a second is impressive, but probably only twice light speed at best, not quite on the level of the first three, though probably closer to his consistent ability.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#29 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4250 posts) - - Show Bio

Next feat: Barry outruns radio waves

Cisco: wow barry you just went Mach 8

#30 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (7550 posts) - - Show Bio

"just over mach 7"

#31 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18026 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I don't think I ever want to debate for or against the Flash ever again, he's become as fast or slow as the plot demands. And mach 7 is just insulting

Honestly feel the same way....

#32 Posted by Eobard21 (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for Barry to outrun teleportation and cisco will say

You're mach 10 barry !!!

#33 Posted by StormKing1221 (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@eobard21 said:

@firestormfate1919: You think it's not Barry's best speed feats ?

@stormking1221 said:

@firestormfate1919: What do you believe are Barry's best speed feats?

I think this is probably his fourth best. I'd rank them:

1. When Barry's time remnant died Crisis-style at the end of S2 he was using pure speed to counteract a magnitar pulse that was minimally planet-busting (technically Multiverse busting, but the dynamics of that are extremely unclear). That's like comic Wally level speed, like enough zeros to fill a screen times faster than light. Certainly an outlier, and established as his peak, but still.

2. His Flashtime feat is probably second. Moving dozens of miles back and forth across the city while a nuclear explosion is completely frozen is insane, and MFTL.

3. Basically just a much less impressive version of the first feat, when Barry used a sonic punch to counteract the satellite crash that was projected to be an extinction level event. This isn't remotely as good as the first, because it would just wipe out humanity as opposed to literally obliterating the planet, but it would still take MFTL speeds to achieve.

4. Moving around the planet dozens of times in a second is impressive, but probably only twice light speed at best, not quite on the level of the first three, though probably closer to his consistent ability.

I would add Barry running to China and back in seconds, Barry running to Las Vegas in seconds, and Barry & Kara running around the U.S in an undisclosed amount of time (I don't remember the feat too well) to his best feats. However, where we differ in opinion is this being his consistent ability. While these are all impressive feats, I'd categorize them moreso as high-ends than consistent. He's definitely not sub Mach 30 as the writers keep saying but, I wouldn't call him consistently lightspeed or above either mostly because I wouldn't say 10-12 high ends in 5 seasons is enough to use as his consistent speed in battles. I'd like to think he's somewhere in the middle of that range but accurately ranking a “consistent” Barry is nigh impossible.

#34 Posted by mimisalome (5341 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks legit.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#35 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4250 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormking1221: iirc when he and Kara ran throughout the US during the dominators crossover I do believe they were administering some sort of antidote or something like that to every single person IN THE US. So that’d actually make it a more impressive a feat but at this point I dread going back to that episode to confirm it lol

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#36 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (3796 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally they hit mach 7... this is too funny lmao.

#37 Edited by Alavanka (1939 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol CW

Avatar image for legendarykal-el
#38 Posted by LegendaryKal-El (168 posts) - - Show Bio

i like how people are talking about MFTL when clearly the people who write the show don't think they are going anywhere near that fast

#39 Edited by jashro44 (51813 posts) - - Show Bio

Debating cw flash is impossible.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#40 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12442 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, imagine if this show was actually good.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#41 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7003 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919 said:
@webinyoureye11 said:

I really hope this is the case, that would be hilarious. This crossover definitely demonstrated they've got a finger on the pulse of the fanbase, so it isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Actually, it's right out from a comment from a old flash calculation done in Comicvine.

The comment clearly said "flash is gonna spin around the world & team flash is gonna say he just passed mach 7."

It was a flash speed calculation from this video!

Loading Video...

#42 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what's going on so I'll pretend to fit in.

lol CW those guys are such jokers

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#43 Posted by RampageTheFirst (6629 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus Christ, that feat looks like its MTFL, how tf is that only Mach 7 lmaoo

#44 Posted by Mutant1230 (6160 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny how when Maxwell Lord claims Supergirl's freeze breathe is absolute zero no one questions it despite the scientific inaccuracy but when the same writers incorrectly state the Flash going around the Earth multiple times is only Mach 7 everyone quickly dismisses it without a second thought.

Guess that's Comic Vine logic for you. xD

#45 Edited by PrimelyGreat (499 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only imagine Comic Books vs The World reaction when he watches this episode and has to do a video on it.

No Caption Provided

#46 Edited by RukelnikovFTW (6073 posts) - - Show Bio

This is quite close to lightspeed (lightspeed is about 7.5 laps per second at the equator)

However, to ALL OF YOU laughing about Mach 7, you should be laughing at the idea that running laps around the earth will slow the passage of time :S

#47 Posted by AtmExle (373 posts) - - Show Bio

That is at least mach 100,000, 1/7th the speed of light. I thought the cw dc shows are bad and inconsistent, but this is a whole new level of dumb.

#48 Posted by weavile (281 posts) - - Show Bio

CW writers think that Mach is around speed of light lol

#49 Posted by Revold (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey to be fair maybe the speed of sound is different on their Earths

#50 Edited by TonyMartial (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes still casually FTL. The writers just made themself even more unreliable after todays episode.