The Comic Vine 2013 Movie Awards VOTING: Best Hero

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll The Comic Vine 2013 Movie Awards VOTING: Best Hero (735 votes)

Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) 6%
Hit-Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) 5%
Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) 13%
Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Jonhson) 1%
Kirk (Chris Pine) 3%
Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi) 2%
Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) 1%
Roadblock (Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson) 1%
Snake Eyes (Ray Park) 1%
Superman (Henry Cavill) 39%
Spock (Zachary Quinto) 3%
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 15%
Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) 11%

Welcome to the second edition of the Comic Vine Movie Awards! We know there's plenty of fantastic looking movies heading our way in the years to come, but let's take some time to reflect on just how much awesomeness was packed into 2013. We each have our favorites and now you have the opportunity to tell the world why these films deserve praise.

Keeping it limited to just comic book movies would restrict matters, so we included a few films we know the community really dug this year, too. We've created 10 categories -- ranging from best director to best movie -- and ultimately, the winner of each category will be determined by your votes. Will Marvel and DC take a majority of the awards or will one of the other films swoop in and earn extra praise? Go get your vote on, Viners!

To vote in other categories, check out the main article which will be located on the homepage!

Winners will be announced next Monday (12/30/13).

• 
Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman. We are gonna make Tony cry.

;-)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

Hemsworth's Thor was well developed so he gets my vote. I could not be more disappointed that Cavill's Superman will win undeservedly though.

LOL.

Avatar image for do_obs--DEFUNCT
do_obs--DEFUNCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By do_obs--DEFUNCT

Supes! I loved the action, he went through buildings like they were paper! Thor for a close second :)

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Lvenger

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

Hemsworth's Thor was well developed so he gets my vote. I could not be more disappointed that Cavill's Superman will win undeservedly though.

LOL.

Yeah I might be getting some flak for this comment but I stand by it. I felt Cavill lacked screen presence coupled with a lack of lines to fully define his take on Superman not to mention too much of a focus on brooding which made his performance a bit stale.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Did you dislike Man of Steel in general or just Cavill as Superman?

It's more the first one really. With more lines, more screen time and a better script writer than Goyer, Cavill could have made a really good modern Superman. But the nature of MOS muted his performance IMO so I found it underwhelming.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000 said:
Superman barely caused any damage to the surroundings. And stealing clothes? Really? He had to to avoid suspicion. And as for the truck, i'm sure that guy will get covered by his insurance lmao

Except when he totally charged Zod, went through some silos, made a gas station and a car explode. There could have been casualties and it would have been Superman's fault. Plus he left his mom on the farm with other kryptonians. They could have used her as hostage. Then Superman stays in Smallville mainstreet and telling people to get inside while Faora bashed him around and through buildings.

Clark already showed his face on the oil rig. It's in his character to ask politely for clothes. The movie could have injected some much needed humor and wit. Think of the scene with the pantless Banner from The Avengers. That was hilarious.

The truck scene like most in MoS is a remake of the classic Donner movie(s). Superman acted like a douche in both versions but the comic nature of Superman II made the scene more fun. In MoS Clark just comes off as a loser who wrecks a truck for petty revenge AFTER Jonathan died to protect his secret.

Which is why I said barely? That damage amounts to nothing next to what Zod, Faora, and Non did. Plus, it cost no lives sooooo coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn't. Yeah, he left his mom, bad move on his part but, he was angry, and had never been in a position like that. And you really must have not seen the movie? He tried multiple times to leave Smallville but he was dragged back down by his enemies. He also told people to get to safety so, your point there is very misinformed.

Yeah, he showed his face on the oil rig in a desperate situation to like 5 people who most likely think him dead. Compare that to walking around shirtless, in burnt up pants drawing suspicion from a town full of people. And exactly why does this movie need Avengers type humour? I want to take it at least a little bit seriously.

You say loser, I say pent up frustration? Doesn't matter that his Father had already died because he did nothing to jeopardize his secret......

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@laflux said:

@lvenger said:

LOL.

Yeah I might be getting some flak for this comment but I stand by it. I felt Cavill lacked screen presence coupled with a lack of lines to fully define his take on Superman not to mention too much of a focus on brooding which made his performance a bit stale.

I have no problem that you hate MoS. You're opinion is already well documented enough. But, to pick Thor over Superman, and the rest of the options, for being more developed just blows my mind. Hell, even though it was a HORRIBLE movie, Tony Stark still had way more character than Thor. There's a reason why Loki has such presence in his films. There's a reason why Loki is more quotable and, arguably, just as recognizable as Thor.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Guys, can we not turn this into another flame war about Man of Steel again?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

STOP IT! Stop trying to be civil!

Feed the flame war!

No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By laflux

You don't know how much that comment made me laugh bro >:)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: To avoid fanning the flames of war, I'll simply say that Hemsworth's performance in Thor wasn't one of its poor points so in that regard, I felt justified voting Hemsworth over Cavill in their lead roles. His role had definitely developed from Thor and Avengers so that's why I voted Hemsworth. Plus I haven't seen Desolation of Smaug yet and I hear that's good.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000: To avoid fanning the flames of war, I'll simply say that Hemsworth's performance in Thor wasn't one of its poor points so in that regard, I felt justified voting Hemsworth over Cavill in their lead roles. His role had definitely developed from Thor and Avengers so that's why I voted Hemsworth. Plus I haven't seen Desolation of Smaug yet and I hear that's good.

I wasn't necessarily arguing for Superman, hence the reason I crossed his name out. I was saying, given you're argument of superior development, there are vastly more superior choices available. Like I already mentioned, Tony Stark grew as a character way more than Thor did, then you also have Hit-Girl, Kirk, Spock, Wolverine, and more. All those characters had superior character growth. Now, if you just picked Thor because you favored his portrayal, then I can take no issue with that. I just think, again, you're superior development argument is flawed.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. No one else had as much of an accomplishment as he did.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supey!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I felt justified voting Hemsworth over Cavill in their lead roles. His role had definitely developed from Thor and Avengers so that's why I voted Hemsworth.

That's a very fair statement.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

Either Iron Man or Thor.

Superman was a terrible hero in MOS.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69  Edited By Jenkale

NONE. Lee Byun Hyun as Storm Shadow

DragonEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hemsworth's Thor been the one who played he best his character. Cavill did great, but if i have to choose who got more into his character, Chris did magnificently

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@timelordscience said:

@lvenger said:

Did you dislike Man of Steel in general or just Cavill as Superman?

It's more the first one really. With more lines, more screen time and a better script writer than Goyer, Cavill could have made a really good modern Superman. But the nature of MOS muted his performance IMO so I found it underwhelming.

I agree. I don't think Cavill is at fault. I think the team of Goyer and Snyder are.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By McG

Superman? Seriously hahaha what film did you people see, Man of Sh*te.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030f931768b5
deactivated-6030f931768b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Superman leading the way, and so he should! Cavill was brilliant.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

THOR!!!!!!!!!! Booooooo Superman was terrible HERO in the movie.

This. lol

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#77 k4tzm4n  Moderator

NONE. Lee Byun Hyun as Storm Shadow

He's in "Best Villain." A temporary alliance doesn't equate to becoming a hero, after all.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

i loved Martin Freeman's Bilbo, I hated the hobbits in the LoTR's but I really loved Martin in the roll.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going MoS