Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@asgaard said:

Here we go again, you are just acknowledging (again) US critics...

Why wouldn't I? It's an American film and US critics reviews are most easily found on the internet.

When Bohemian Rhapsody domestic numbers are basically equal to Solo: A Star Wars Story, so meh at best

Take a look at SOLO and BR's opening weekend numbers. Legs are what you should use to measure audience reception.

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Here we go again, you are just acknowledging (again) US critics... When Bohemian Rhapsody domestic numbers are basically equal to Solo: A Star Wars Story, so meh at best,

The 215 million BR made are in no way meh, they are a great result for a movie with a 50 million budget. That's the all time highest gross for a musical drama and for a biopic in the US so it's plain wrong to call that meh. Comparing it to Solo is apples and oranges

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814:

So you are saying that... Lets say Russians go see movies based on what American critics say?

@asgaard said:

Here we go again, you are just acknowledging (again) US critics... When Bohemian Rhapsody domestic numbers are basically equal to Solo: A Star Wars Story, so meh at best,

The 215 million BR made are in no way meh, they are a great result for a movie with a 50 million budget. That's the all time highest gross for a musical drama and for a biopic in the US so it's plain wrong to call that meh. Comparing it to Solo is apples and oranges

Just from the top of my head Didn't American Sniper made like $350M domestically?

When a movie makes $650M in the international markets its expected to at least make $300M domestically, specially if that numbers don't include China.

@jgames:

Don't necessarily disagree, but i would like to point that there are differences in how for example European critics view some movies, the US critics are way more "fans" of specific franchises (ex. Star Wars) and way more biased when it comes to politics.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@war_of_light_2814:

So you are saying that... Lets say Russians go see movies based on what American critics say?

Who's talking about Russian movie market?

You actually claim BR got positive reviews internationally, care to back that up? Where your global review aggregator site?

RT and to a lesser extent, Metacritic dominated reviewing, lasted I checked.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814:

The Russian movie market is part of the international Box Office, no?

Obviously there isn't a global review aggregator site, because RT also isn't a representation of all the planet critics, that is my point...

That said and after a second check in some European Markets like Spain, France and Germany, i will concede to the notion that BR had a good critical reception, it was meh at best...

Avatar image for captainplanet_2
Captainplanet_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[WW] Captain Marvel has climbed to $825M at global box office thru THU passing both Spider Man & Wonder Woman to become #16 comic book movie of all-time. Tommorrow it will pass Thor Ragnarok, Venom & GOTG2 and by SUN it will beat Spider Man 3, Spider Man Homecoming and Batman v Superman.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Don’t belive the lies. Captian Marvel actually only made 300million...These were empty movie theaters. Disney used a number of shell corporations to buy out tickets to make it Seem Cap Marvel was a billion dollar hit and then cut a deal with China to do the same.

**Adjusts tinfoil hat.

Captainplanet_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t belive the lies. Captian Marvel actually only made 300million...These were empty movie theaters. Disney used a number of shell corporations to buy out tickets to make it Seem Cap Marvel was a billion dollar hit and then cut a deal with China to do the same.

**Adjusts tinfoil hat.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1359  Edited By mickey-mouse
Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

**Adjusts tinfoil hat.

really? that's just stupid. shell corporations? everyone knows that it's the russian trolls that are artificially inflating captain marvel's box office.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will never understand why some people cheer the success of disney like they have a stake in the company. captain marvel will probably go over a billion dollars. who freaking cares? i liked the movie but marvel isn't cutting me any checks. i will never understand marvel and dc fanboys.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper:

You don’t understand why a some comic book movie fans would be happy that a comic book movie is being a great success?

Cmon, the answer is simple, and it’s slmethjng that applies to fans of ANY franchise

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper:

You don’t understand why a some comic book movie fans would be happy that a comic book movie is being a great success?

Cmon, the answer is simple, and it’s slmethjng that applies to fans of ANY franchise

people are running around cheering the marvel and laughing at any dc failure and vice versa. that's what i am talking about. i will never understand why people hate one comic book company and cheer for another.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: IDK...I think movies in general have become like sports which is why there are so many sites and YouTube channels that cover entertainment news. It’s just something for people to talk about.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler said:

@christianrapper:

people are running around cheering the marvel and laughing at any dc failure and vice versa. that's what i am talking about. i will never understand why people hate one comic book company and cheer for another.

because we sum divisive sinners
BUT u new that

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: You realise that reductive argument can be applied to everything right? Sports, game IPs, film/TV, other performing arts...hell even artists and their creations can be treated in the same way. And if that's truly how you feel then why are you on a forum discussing comic books? By your argument, no one here should even care about discussing the comics unless we have a stake in the companies.

However, I agree that when it comes to cheering on one company but dismissing at another is off. Comics are not entirely a zero-sum game and you can have both movie universes succeeding without impacting the other. Although, I will hold my hands up and say that I was one of the people who did cheer on the utter failure of storytelling the early DCEU films had but only because those involved in the company acted as though the films (especially MoS and BvS) were too "intellectual" for most fans when in reality Snyder has no real understanding of what deconstruction truly means. But that's an old argument long past.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: You realise that reductive argument can be applied to everything right? Sports, game IPs, film/TV, other performing arts...hell even artists and their creations can be treated in the same way. And if that's truly how you feel then why are you on a forum discussing comic books? By your argument, no one here should even care about discussing the comics unless we have a stake in the companies.

However, I agree that when it comes to cheering on one company but dismissing at another is off. Comics are not entirely a zero-sum game and you can have both movie universes succeeding without impacting the other. Although, I will hold my hands up and say that I was one of the people who did cheer on the utter failure of storytelling the early DCEU films had but only because those involved in the company acted as though the films (especially MoS and BvS) were too "intellectual" for most fans when in reality Snyder has no real understanding of what deconstruction truly means. But that's an old argument long past.

discussing comics has nothing to do with the cheering on the failure of another comic book company. those are 2 different things. it's possible to like one film and dislike another without actively cheering on the failure of a whole company. those are real people with real jobs at those companies.

Captainplanet_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

[WW] Captain Marvel is officially the 10th biggest comic book movie of all time worldwide

No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Us had the biggest opening for any original horror movie. And it deserved it, it was awesome.

Captainplanet_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captainplanet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1374  Edited By Captainplanet

Dumbos reviews are not good. As sad as it is for Dumbo, it will definitely help Shazam a lot considering its good reviews.

And maybe help CM to reach 1 briellion faster.

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel just hit 990mil ww. It'll pass a billion before this next weekend. This is good because she still has 5th weekend, trickle money over the next 10-15 weeks and the Endgame boost. All this is AFTER she hits a billion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel just hit 990mil ww. It'll pass a billion before this next weekend. This is good because she still has 5th weekend, trickle money over the next 10-15 weeks and the Endgame boost. All this is AFTER she hits a billion.

We live in Strange times! Trump as president, Black Panther Aquaman hitting billion and now this!

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Higher further faster to 1 Briellion baby

Darkhawk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its amazing how CM is nearing 1B despite the controversies..?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

I wonder if Captain Marvel can surpass Black Panther.

Not gonna surpass Black Panther. This movie will make around 400 million domestic which is Wonder Woman, Civil war level but still low compared to insane 700 million by Black Panther.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

I wonder if Captain Marvel can surpass Black Panther.

Not gonna surpass Black Panther. This movie will make around 400 million domestic which is low compared to insane 700 million by Black Panther.

Also, with Shazam in less than a week and Avengers: Endgame in less than a month, I think this movie making another 350 million is pretty much impossible.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: Probably. Though I think Stan's cameo may also be a factor.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: If CM barely trips over the Billion then yes, but there's no way Stan's last cameo was a big enough pull for so many people to sit through an entire film for when it's one of the first things that get put online. A small percentage maybe, but not a factor to getting to the B.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Fandango Endgame has beaten the 24 hour pre sales record in just 6 hours.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I heard it made three times more presale in its first hour than IW did.

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
chicago_bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be great if it beat The Force Awakens for worldwide box office, maybe even Titanic. Hype seems to be even bigger than for IW, so maybe it's possible.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: I heard it made three times more presale in its first hour than IW did.

Yeah, hype seems to be pretty insane for Endgame. Will be interesting to see how high the opening weekend goes.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might beat Titanic, no way it beats Avatar.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be great if it beat The Force Awakens for worldwide box office, maybe even Titanic. Hype seems to be even bigger than for IW, so maybe it's possible.

I agree that it's possible. Beating Titanic will be hard, but possible.

It might beat Titanic, no way it beats Avatar.

Agreed.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame is gonna be yuge as long as it doesnt choke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney/Marvel’s Captain Marvelhas superpowered her way past the $1B mark worldwide. Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers crossed the milestone with Tuesday’s grosses included and now stands at $358.1M domestic with $644.5Mat the international box office for a combined $1,002.6M global.

It is the 4th biggest solo superhero film overseas now only below Aquaman, Iron Man 3 and Black Panther. CM will beat BP today. It also passed up Venom and Dark Knight Rises.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Higher, further, faster. #Briellion

Its amazing how CM is nearing 1B despite the controversies..?

It's just another case of the loud minority talking shit. Nothing new to be frank.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1396  Edited By xzone

I wouldn't be surprised if End Game made near three billion dollars at the box office. I actually expect it to

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

I wouldn't be surprised if End Game made near three billion at the box office

Nope. Will pass Infinity war but still will not pass Avatar (2.7 billion)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers