#1 Edited by majin77 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

What was even the point in having them there? They were basically useless and you could've replaced them all with like basic henchmen. They didn't really do anything in the film, but provide fights for some background characters, and they weren't even fights most people wanted. For example, I was really looking forward to seeing Hulk vs Black Dwarf, but instead we got a poopy hulk buster fight. Lame. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by kgb725 (18342 posts) - - Show Bio

They function as henchman and nothing else in the comics not sure what more you want. They gave us cool fights and they had Wanda , Vision , Cap , Strange , etc. Beaten they only lived through timely saves from other characters

#3 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

you could've replaced them all with like basic henchmen

They are henchmen. They were undoubtedly far above outriders so they aren't "basic". They also gave some Avengers a hell of a fight, respective to their power levels.

I was really looking forward to seeing Hulk vs Black Dwarf

I agree, but let's hope it's because Russos want to save the best for last and show some WBH in Avengers 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
#4 Posted by deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9 (2599 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw succeeded in taking Strange.

Claive impaled Vision

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#5 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah maan it was great having them in the movie.

#6 Edited by Magian (151191 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they needed someone to fight considering they couldn't be fighting Thanos in the entire movie.

#7 Posted by TheVivas (19245 posts) - - Show Bio

Maw defeated and took Strange captive, nearly fulfilling his mission to bring the Time Stone to Thanos.

Cull played the brute job pretty well, being too strong for Spidey and Iron Man to beat, needing BFR to beat him the first time, and then stomping the Hulkbuster until Banner used his wits and let the Wakandan’s shield (which was holding up against entire dropships) defeat him.

Proxima helped track down Vision and was on the verge of beating Wanda twice before Cap, Widow, and Falcon and then Okoye and Widow intervened. She was then on the verge of beating Okoye and Widow until Wanda recovered and used an extremely convenient rolling ship to defeat her despiteWanda being able to shoot out energy blasts capable of ripping Ultron bots apart.

Glaive was the reason Vision, the strongest Avenger on Earth, was out of the fight the entire movie, sneaking up on and then stabbing him twice I believe. He then showed that he could beat Cap in single combat without his spear before Vision “stuck him first”.

If you replaced them with any random henchmen, they would have been defeated like any random henchmen usually are. So no, they weren’t pointless. What’s pointless is the whining about the movie.

#8 Posted by Green_Tea (10401 posts) - - Show Bio

The Black Order literally have little to no depth in the comics, not like the movie could do much with them.

#9 Posted by kyrees (13492 posts) - - Show Bio

they have little story in the comics, what makes it any better in live action ?

#10 Posted by Wakel (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed them. In fact, I think Ebony Maw was awesome. I wanted them to last longer... are they all dead? I need to re-watch the film.

#11 Posted by kyrees (13492 posts) - - Show Bio

@wakel said:

I enjoyed them. In fact, I think Ebony Maw was awesome. I wanted them to last longer... are they all dead? I need to re-watch the film.

maw is frozen in space, cull is disintegrated, proxima is grind-meat and glaive is merely stabbed so technically all dead

#12 Posted by Eto (5220 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked em. They served their purpose so there’s that.

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25701 posts) - - Show Bio

They gave the chatracters cool fight scenes.

I was fine with that.

#14 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4063 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally thought they were all badass with maybe the exception of Proxima. Ebony Maw gave us some fantastic acting and fight scenes, Cull served his purpose, Corvus took out one of the strongest Avengers right off the bat, and Proxima gave us an awesome all fem stand off.

#15 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

What Vivas said. Unnecessary whining.

#16 Posted by Devilmenworks (739 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

Maw defeated and took Strange captive, nearly fulfilling his mission to bring the Time Stone to Thanos.

Cull played the brute job pretty well, being too strong for Spidey and Iron Man to beat, needing BFR to beat him the first time, and then stomping the Hulkbuster until Banner used his wits and let the Wakandan’s shield (which was holding up against entire dropships) defeat him.

Proxima helped track down Vision and was on the verge of beating Wanda twice before Cap, Widow, and Falcon and then Okoye and Widow intervened. She was then on the verge of beating Okoye and Widow until Wanda recovered and used an extremely convenient rolling ship to defeat her despiteWanda being able to shoot out energy blasts capable of ripping Ultron bots apart.

Glaive was the reason Vision, the strongest Avenger on Earth, was out of the fight the entire movie, sneaking up on and then stabbing him twice I believe. He then showed that he could beat Cap in single combat without his spear before Vision “stuck him first”.

If you replaced them with any random henchmen, they would have been defeated like any random henchmen usually are. So no, they weren’t pointless. What’s pointless is the whining about the movie.

#17 Posted by Havenless (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally thought they were all badass with maybe the exception of Proxima. Ebony Maw gave us some fantastic acting and fight scenes, Cull served his purpose, Corvus took out one of the strongest Avengers right off the bat, and Proxima gave us an awesome all fem stand off.

And the irony was Proxima had the most screen time and maybe the most lines.

#18 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebony Maw was a standout I felt. Wish they kept him around 😕

#19 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

They were all Ok, they did their jobs.

#20 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36583 posts) - - Show Bio

They’re just henchman..did u really expect character arcs? They are just there to look cool...not sure what u want.

#21 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda feel like ebony and cull could be villians in their own film. Both were great. Smart tk user that doesnt get physical and dumb brute, who could crush you with ease.

#22 Edited by wildvine (14882 posts) - - Show Bio

They could have used more personality beyond Maw, but it was already a ton of personalities to juggle, so it is forgivable

Avatar image for general_disarray
#23 Posted by General_Disarray (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they were great

#24 Posted by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they were, which is shame because they are such a great team.

#25 Posted by modernww2fare (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

I liked em. They served their purpose so there’s that.

#26 Posted by m2k (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know what movie this guy saw but Ebony Maw was a dope ass character. Just short lived.

#27 Posted by phisigmatau (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

#28 Posted by MrAugen (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Story wise they were fine for what they were, I just found them design wise to be very bland and grey. I think Maw was only one that had a personality.