The Black Order was Pointless (Spoilers)

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By majin77

What was even the point in having them there? They were basically useless and you could've replaced them all with like basic henchmen. They didn't really do anything in the film, but provide fights for some background characters, and they weren't even fights most people wanted. For example, I was really looking forward to seeing Hulk vs Black Dwarf, but instead we got a poopy hulk buster fight. Lame. Thoughts?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They function as henchman and nothing else in the comics not sure what more you want. They gave us cool fights and they had Wanda , Vision , Cap , Strange , etc. Beaten they only lived through timely saves from other characters

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 krisbishop  Moderator

you could've replaced them all with like basic henchmen

They are henchmen. They were undoubtedly far above outriders so they aren't "basic". They also gave some Avengers a hell of a fight, respective to their power levels.

I was really looking forward to seeing Hulk vs Black Dwarf

I agree, but let's hope it's because Russos want to save the best for last and show some WBH in Avengers 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maw succeeded in taking Strange.

Claive impaled Vision

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Nah maan it was great having them in the movie.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

Well they needed someone to fight considering they couldn't be fighting Thanos in the entire movie.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maw defeated and took Strange captive, nearly fulfilling his mission to bring the Time Stone to Thanos.

Cull played the brute job pretty well, being too strong for Spidey and Iron Man to beat, needing BFR to beat him the first time, and then stomping the Hulkbuster until Banner used his wits and let the Wakandan’s shield (which was holding up against entire dropships) defeat him.

Proxima helped track down Vision and was on the verge of beating Wanda twice before Cap, Widow, and Falcon and then Okoye and Widow intervened. She was then on the verge of beating Okoye and Widow until Wanda recovered and used an extremely convenient rolling ship to defeat her despiteWanda being able to shoot out energy blasts capable of ripping Ultron bots apart.

Glaive was the reason Vision, the strongest Avenger on Earth, was out of the fight the entire movie, sneaking up on and then stabbing him twice I believe. He then showed that he could beat Cap in single combat without his spear before Vision “stuck him first”.

If you replaced them with any random henchmen, they would have been defeated like any random henchmen usually are. So no, they weren’t pointless. What’s pointless is the whining about the movie.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Order literally have little to no depth in the comics, not like the movie could do much with them.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they have little story in the comics, what makes it any better in live action ?

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed them. In fact, I think Ebony Maw was awesome. I wanted them to last longer... are they all dead? I need to re-watch the film.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wakel said:

I enjoyed them. In fact, I think Ebony Maw was awesome. I wanted them to last longer... are they all dead? I need to re-watch the film.

maw is frozen in space, cull is disintegrated, proxima is grind-meat and glaive is merely stabbed so technically all dead

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked em. They served their purpose so there’s that.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anthp2000  Moderator

They gave the chatracters cool fight scenes.

I was fine with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally thought they were all badass with maybe the exception of Proxima. Ebony Maw gave us some fantastic acting and fight scenes, Cull served his purpose, Corvus took out one of the strongest Avengers right off the bat, and Proxima gave us an awesome all fem stand off.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 socajunkie  Moderator

What Vivas said. Unnecessary whining.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Maw defeated and took Strange captive, nearly fulfilling his mission to bring the Time Stone to Thanos.

Cull played the brute job pretty well, being too strong for Spidey and Iron Man to beat, needing BFR to beat him the first time, and then stomping the Hulkbuster until Banner used his wits and let the Wakandan’s shield (which was holding up against entire dropships) defeat him.

Proxima helped track down Vision and was on the verge of beating Wanda twice before Cap, Widow, and Falcon and then Okoye and Widow intervened. She was then on the verge of beating Okoye and Widow until Wanda recovered and used an extremely convenient rolling ship to defeat her despiteWanda being able to shoot out energy blasts capable of ripping Ultron bots apart.

Glaive was the reason Vision, the strongest Avenger on Earth, was out of the fight the entire movie, sneaking up on and then stabbing him twice I believe. He then showed that he could beat Cap in single combat without his spear before Vision “stuck him first”.

If you replaced them with any random henchmen, they would have been defeated like any random henchmen usually are. So no, they weren’t pointless. What’s pointless is the whining about the movie.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally thought they were all badass with maybe the exception of Proxima. Ebony Maw gave us some fantastic acting and fight scenes, Cull served his purpose, Corvus took out one of the strongest Avengers right off the bat, and Proxima gave us an awesome all fem stand off.

And the irony was Proxima had the most screen time and maybe the most lines.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ebony Maw was a standout I felt. Wish they kept him around ?

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all Ok, they did their jobs.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

They’re just henchman..did u really expect character arcs? They are just there to look cool...not sure what u want.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda feel like ebony and cull could be villians in their own film. Both were great. Smart tk user that doesnt get physical and dumb brute, who could crush you with ease.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#22  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

They could have used more personality beyond Maw, but it was already a ton of personalities to juggle, so it is forgivable

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I thought they were great

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they were, which is shame because they are such a great team.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 modernww2fare  Online

@eto said:

I liked em. They served their purpose so there’s that.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know what movie this guy saw but Ebony Maw was a dope ass character. Just short lived.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story wise they were fine for what they were, I just found them design wise to be very bland and grey. I think Maw was only one that had a personality.