The Avengers : Thor vs Hulk fight misconception.

• 81 results
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Thor-Parker

Thor vs Hulk

I want to clear things up a bit, since I have seen many people claiming that Hulk won the battle against Thor in The Avengers movie, which is not true at all.

No Caption Provided

Thor did not lose, I have explained this several times, just because Hulk connected the last punch in the fight doesn´t mean he won, the fight was interrupted and Thor could have continue fighting.

The Fight

First thing that happens is Thor bullrushes Hulk, then Hulk tries to connect 3 punches to Thor, and he dodges all of them, after that, Hulk tries to connect another hit and Thor stops it, but with the other hand, Hulk punched him and moved him some meters away, Thor waits for Hulk to come to him, then hits him with Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

Hulk grabs a part of an airplane and throws it to Thor and he dodges it, then jumps into Hulk and tries to chuckle him, at the end we see Hulk grabbing Thor and throwing him some meters away, then an airplane comes and interrupts the fight.

Do you see a winner here ? Because I don´t, it was a very even battle, Thor is much more faster than Hulk, he dodged most of his attacks.

You also need to take into account two things.

1. Thor did not want to fight Hulk, he just wanted to calm him.
  2. The fight was in a hellicarrier, which did not let Thor to use his lightning, flight, and the storm he used against the destroyer in the first Thor movie.

So no, Thor did not lose that battle.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thor didn't lose because the jet started shooting Hulk.

Thor was losing at the time of the distraction, that much isn't debatable. Hulk tossed Thor to the ground and then into a wall. It's also apparent that only one Thor shot did any damage to Hulk, while every Hulk hit was felt by Thor.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Here. We. Go.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thor-Parker

@teh_pwnerer: that´s exactly what I am explaining here, yes, Thor was losing when the airplane interrupted the fight, but he could have continue fighting, it would be the same if the airplane would´ve interrupted the fight when Thor punched Hulk with Mjolnir, Thor was winning at the time, but if it was interrupted at that monent it doesn´t mean Thor won the fight.

Funny thing is, Hulk only punched him once, and smash him into the floor and a wall, which didn´t affect Thor at all, as you can see when in the first instance he hits him with Mjolnir, and in the second, when he stands up 2 seconds after Hulk smashed him into the ground.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandarinestro: believe me, I know Hulk fans will come raging at me, but the truth is, I am just stating facts.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: that´s exactly what I am explaining here, yes, Thor was losing when the airplane interrupted the fight, but he could have continue fighting, it would be the same if the airplane would´ve interrupted the fight when Thor punched Hulk with Mjolnir, Thor was winning at the time, but if it was interrupted at that monent it doesn´t mean Thor won the fight.

Funny thing is, Hulk only punched him once, and smash him into the floor and a wall, which didn´t affect Thor at all, as you can see when in the first instance he hits him with Mjolnir, and in the second, when he stands up 2 seconds after Hulk smashed him into the ground.

He definitely could have continued fighting. Likely for a while.

From the amount of fight we did get to see, Thor was clearly a better fighter, but lacked the raw strength and physicality that Hulk has. His durability isn't in question, as both he and Loki took beatings from Hulk and showed no real signs of injury. That Asgardian durability is beastly! Maybe MCU Thor could stop Hulk with all of his abilities, but he wouldn't have been able to stop him on the hellicarrier.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk was gonna win the fight against Thor till the jet interrupted them.

Either way, im pretty sure MCU directors want to push Hulk being the strongest there is.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: And you say this based on what ?

The strongest one there is, sure, but not the most powerful.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thor-Parker

@theacidskull: I would love to see again a Thor vs Hulk fight, but this time on an open field with no civilians to hurt where they can go all out, that would be really cool.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: And you say this based on what ?

The strongest one there is, sure, but not the most powerful.

Thor faceplanted on the floor right before the jet comes in possibly saving his life.

Look man, I know what you trying to do but im pretty sure a majority if not all the movie goers that saw this would say that Thor was losing that fight.

Just cause Thor "restricted" himself during the fight doesn't mean he didnt lose because he sure as hell didn't win.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor-Parker

@jasonhawke: Thor had no signs of damage after being smashed on the floor, and Hulk received a hit from Mjolnir in the face, the fight could have ended right there, that wouldn´t mean Thor won.

I haven´t ask people that, I´ll ask them to see what they think.

Hulk didn´t lose, but sure as hell he didn´t win.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Look, when your ass in on the grass and someone comes in to "hold back" the one still standing and the guy on floor doesn't come back for more.

The guy that was standing in the end won.

You're looking too much into this like a comic book.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor-Parker

@jasonhawke: except that the one with the ass on the ground didn´t get hurt at all, and could have dodged the next attack of Hulk (like he dodged most of them) and continue fighting.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: Thor had no signs of damage after being smashed on the floor, and Hulk received a hit from Mjolnir in the face, the fight could have ended right there, that wouldn´t mean Thor won.

Thor was bleeding, or at least wiped his hand across his nose like he was. So he was showing some sign of damage.

Also, when the fight ended Hulk was walking towards a Thor that he just rag dolled. Everything we've seen seems to suggest he would have continued to toss Thor around at the very least

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: except that the one with the ass on the ground didn´t get hurt at all, and could have dodged the next attack of Hulk (like he dodged most of them) and continue fighting.

I don't think so. When they both went through the roof, Hulk got up and grabbed Thor before he could react. Thor wasn't exactly in a position of power to dodge and / or do any damage to Hulk. That's not what the context of the situation was showing us.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, "could've" dodged. Thor couldn't take the punches that he didn't dodge.

Thor WAS hurt even though they didnt slap the makeup for any of the non-existent closeups of him face-planting and then running as the jet distracted hulk.

Yet he didnt continue fighting; i think we're done here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: yes, and ? He wasn´t shown to feel any pain or damage.

Hulk didn´t rag dolled Thor, he just threw him once and was walking towards him, but like I mentioned, Thor didn´t get hurt at all from that.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk didn´t rag dolled Thor, he just threw him once and was walking towards him, but like I mentioned, Thor didn´t get hurt at all from that.

OMG dude, it doesnt matter if you not hurt in a fight! When you get your ass planted and then run away, you've lost the fight!

Why are you so obsess with this?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82 said:

lol, "could've" dodged. Thor couldn't take the punches that he didn't dodge.

Thor WAS hurt even though they didnt slap the makeup for any of the non-existent closeups of him face-planting and then running as the jet distracted hulk.

Yet he didnt continue fighting; i think we're done here.

Please get your facts right, Thor didn´t show any damage from the one hit and one smash that Hulk connected.

He wasn´t hurt, it was clearly shown he wasn´t.

If you keep posting things that make no sense, yeah, we´re done here.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: I think I am going to ignore you since you keep posting things that make no sense.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IAmTheLaw

He wiped away blood, showing that he was at least slightly bothered by the hit, and showed slight damage.

He tossed Thor to the ground before throwing him to the wall, right when the jet showed up. It's shown from afar but it happened.

Hulk was winning. No, he did not win. It doesn't matter... Thor was the only Avenger that could go toe to toe with Hulk, and he did it without his weather manipulating powers. In an enclosed area, he'd be unable to beat Hulk. What you're arguing is that he wasn't completely overwhelmed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thor-Parker

@teh_pwnerer: I did not see any blood, he was whiping his nose because of course he felt the hit, but he wasn´t hurt at all.

Ok, he connected 1 hit and threw him two times, it makes no difference, he wasn´t hurt by that.

He wasn´t overwhelmed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Thor didn't lose. But he was losing. With mjolnir and with the fight not taking place where it did I believe he would've won. Hulk could barely even hit him and mjolnir gives a huge advantage. But had that fight continued I think Thor would've gone down. Well actually I'm not sure how that fight wouldve ended since I don't think hulk can damage Thor enough. Just punching him and throwing him around does nothing.

Nevertheless, Thor did great, held his own, and didn't entirely lose the fight. Perhaps he could've thrown hulk out of the helicarrier and defeated him in the sky.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@teh_pwnerer: I did not see any blood, he was whiping his nose because of course he felt the hit, but he wasn´t hurt at all.

Ok, he connected 1 hit and threw him two times, it makes no difference, he wasn´t hurt by that.

He wasn´t overwhelmed.

He felt the hit but it didn't hurt?! So it must have been a slight tickle.. He's a warrior that fought for thousands of years, he can fight through some pain. He wasn't exactly spry getting up from those hits.

Jayce - that's a great strategy. It's about the only way Thor would stand a chance vs Hulk there.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We must also take into account that the Thor whom fought Hulk was not the same Thor as was in his first solo film. He had grown to understand that true strength is the ability to retrain one's self.

Now, if it was the beat Prince of Asgard Thor, then Fury and everyone besides Iron Man and Hulk, would have died that day.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I don't really care who won. I wanted to see a Hulk vs Thor fight in that movie, and I got my wish. The topic of who won is irrelevant to me.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

been a while since i used this

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MAZAHS117

Context and the circumstances of the situation has to be taken into account for that fight. The entire fight Thor was really at a disadvantage. Not only is he trying to calm Hulk down, he couldn't go full out without the battle taking down the Helicarrier with probably hundreds of people on board. I guess watching the fight it appeared Hulk had the advantage before they got interruped by the jet the way it was filmed.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Thor vs hulk, I've never heard this debated before...in the movie though, neither were hitting each other at their hardest so it doesn't really count for either of them.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can say Hulk had the upper hand but you can't deny it was circumstantial. Thor wasn't fighting to win, he was fighting to reason with him for half of the fight and the area favored Hulk more.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: k

here's a fact: Hulk won, Thor lost

end of discussion

So a mindless Hulk can barely go one on one with a Thor whose holding back and trying to restrain him - and that's a loss for Thor?

Oki-Doki.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'd say Thor was trying to calm Hulk until Hulk bled his lip. As soon as Thor called Mjolnir and he gave that cocky smile the gloves came off. Thor's pride is always getting in his way, and he probably though with Mjolnir he could take Hulk out. The only thing that he didn't use was his lightning...probably because, you know, Helicarrier. But then based on their fight against the Chitauri shows Hulk is the most powerful Avenger in MCU.

But like most superhero vs superhero battles, the result is inconclusive on purpose.

So think what you want I suppose.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke said:

@thor_parker82: k

here's a fact: Hulk won, Thor lost

end of discussion

So a mindless Hulk can barely go one on one with a Thor whose holding back and trying to restrain him - and that's a loss for Thor?

Oki-Doki.

Barely? Hulk had no problem going toe to toe with Hulk. As the comment above said, the gloves came off when Thor went for the killshot uppercut with Mjolnir. Hulk had the upper hand, and yes it was in part due to the circumstances.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

If the battle continued Thor would of Surely Lost. Only because he as at a disadvantage. Still Hulk has Shown he may have better feats.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will tell you a secret,all you Thor and Hulk fans.One is never going to get over so bad on the other that there isn`t an argument who one(and I have comics going back into the 60`s with these two,i used to have their first battle but sold it like an idiot).Anyway it was a draw until Hulk somehow transformed into Banner,and Thor had no idea so he left.The only other one when I can say hulk got over slightly,was when Thor threw his hammer away(for some reason he remained Thor over 60 seconds)and Hulk evenually hit Thor with an entire train.Thor looked more beat up,but soon as his hammer came back Hulk said battle is over,and left I think he thought Thor was cheating with his hammer,but it is part of his power set.There will never ever be a clear winner,they will be arguing this 100 years from now,just the way they want it to be!

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thor lose again Iron Man and Captain America in that movie so I don't see what the problem if Hulk kick Thor ass. In fact, Hulk right now have miniseries call Hulk vs Thanos meanwhile Thor lose to Nick Fury and become unworthy.....

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might as well have been talking to the wall,oh well.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thedailybagel  Moderator

I guess it was implied at the end of the fight that hulk would've won, but he didn't actually win if that makes sense.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I would love to see again a Thor vs Hulk fight, but this time on an open field with no civilians to hurt where they can go all out, that would be really cool.

I hope we get to see something like this in Avengers: AOU. I'm both a fan of Thor & the Hulk(anyone who walks into my room & sees the sheer amount of collectibles of both of them can see that), but I know the fight would've lasted longer outside the Helicarrier, & Thor could've won. If it was the comics I'd say without a doubt Thor, but the MCU really hasn't displayed Thor's power levels the same as his comic counterpart.

I felt in the Helicarrier fight Thor was at a disadvantage. Thor was in an enclosed space with the Green Goliath, with little room to move, & as @theacidskull hinted, Thor's main concern was to protect the civilians from the rampaging behemoth. Had it been in a more open area with no civilians to be endangered, Thor could unleash his full might, both physical & elemental, against the Hulk. Really hope for this in A:AOU, & hope that future movies, not just A:AOU but also Thor Ragnarok, display more of Thor's sheer power & centuries worth amazing combat skills & experience.

(In the comics however, in an open field battle, Thor would win after a massive fight. This was definitively stated by Stan "The Man" himself after years of the old "who would win question"; Stan would always skirt around it stating "The Hulk is stronger, Thor is more powerful." In recent years however, Stan came out & told the full unabashed truth, when he was asked who would win in a no-holds barred all-out battle royale between all the characters of the MU. Without skipping a beat, he answered, "Thor". From the lips of the Man himself. 'Nuff said.)

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@thor_parker82: I was expecting a big blog but nevertheless it was done pretty good. I think there's already a "Movie Hulk vs Movie Thor" thread somewhere. Prepare for upcoming flames because there's going to plenty of sparks lighting up.

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#44  Edited By MySuperior

The movie made it clear who would win

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08445aa58fc
deactivated-5a08445aa58fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By MasterKungFu

@thor_parker82: if you put this on Youtube you'd be attacked SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO badly

maybe in avengers 2 hulk and thor duke it out again

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

been a while since i used this

I have stolen that GIF because I steal awesome things.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Thor was trying to calm Hulk until Hulk bled his lip. As soon as Thor called Mjolnir and he gave that cocky smile the gloves came off. Thor's pride is always getting in his way, and he probably though with Mjolnir he could take Hulk out. The only thing that he didn't use was his lightning...probably because, you know, Helicarrier. But then based on their fight against the Chitauri shows Hulk is the most powerful Avenger in MCU.

But like most superhero vs superhero battles, the result is inconclusive on purpose.

So think what you want I suppose.

I guess it was implied at the end of the fight that hulk would've won, but he didn't actually win if that makes sense.

If the battle continued Thor would of Surely Lost. Only because he as at a disadvantage. Still Hulk has Shown he may have better feats.

The movie made it clear who would win

@granitesoldier : Thor didn´t go all out, he was still trying to keep the hellicarrier safe, and just wanted to calm Hulk, but if Thor goes all out he would beat Hulk, if he fights like he fought against the destroyer or the frost giants in the first Thor movie.

Seriously, all I need to say is watch the first Thor movie and look at his fight against the frost giants, if he fights like that, he wins, and he wasn´t even going all out there.

And no, Hulk is not the most powerful avenger, Thor took down 3 leviathans and maybe 10-20 chitauris at the same time in 5 seconds, I have yet to see Hulk doing that.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: that's funny thor lost to iron man and captain america

Guess we saw different fights

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers