Posted by modernww2fare (7117 posts) 2 years, 2 months ago

Poll: The Arrowverse and villain decaying (66 votes)

Reverse-Flash 2%
Merlyn 39%
Vandal Savage 42%
Slade 11%
Darkh 6%

Villain Decay:

No Caption Provided

^Which villain in the Arrowverse fits this description most?

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#1 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

I accidentally voted Merlyn. Vandal was by far the worse.

#2 Posted by RBT (28487 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal.

#3 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal sucked.

#4 Posted by Mutant1230 (6615 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal in my opinion was never that good. I voted Merlyn because in Season 1 he was an amazing character and a badass villain. But they just couldn't leave well-enough alone and pretty much turned him into an overused buffoon in Season 3 and beyond.

#5 Posted by uugieboogie (13187 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn. Vandal was never scary or even that good of a villain imo.

#6 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

They made them all buffoons on Legends of Tomorrow.

#7 Posted by Stormdriven (17918 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vandal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slade>>>>>>>>> Damien Darhk>>>> Reverse Flash

#8 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36840 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like Legends makes villains into sissy's...maybe because the Legends themselves have vastly better powers than the main villains...

#9 Posted by MrClarky1 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: I don't think there's anyone on the legends team with "vastly" better powers than RF.

#11 Posted by Green_Tea (10529 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm. I swear they kept him in S3 and S4 just for the luls.

#12 Posted by the_stegman (40232 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage was lame from the start. I voted Merlyn. He went from a total badass to a snarky henchman.

#13 Posted by mrmonster (15537 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage. Started off great, but became repetitive.

I was tempted to say Darhk, but I thought he was a lackluster villain since day 1. If anything Damien Darhk has had the opposite affect; he's way better on Legends than he ever was on Arrow.

#14 Posted by The_Kidd (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn is the true anwser with Savage as a close runner up, the drop between Legends of Yesterday to Legends of Tomorrow was pretty jarring.

#15 Posted by foxerdes (10253 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal.

#16 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12164 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal and Malcom

#17 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade jumped from Season 2 Beast to Season 3 joke faster than Barry can find out he's not the fastest man alive.

There was no in-between.

#18 Posted by thatduderox (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcom. The guy is practically comic relief at this point. A far cry from his season one roots.

#19 Posted by WF_Mxyzptlk (6794 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thesupremebeing
#20 Edited by TheSupremeBeing (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Merlyn hasn't been treated as well. I think he's one of the most criminally underrated characters ever used on the Battles-Board.

He's easily defeated Amaye and took her Amulet and Fought evenly with Damien Darhk.

I mean sure he did pretty poorly against Oliver, but the fight was intended to go on longer but time restrictions. Not to mentioned it was implied that Merlyn and Oliver had planned ahead of time but Merlyn got thrown a curve ball when Nyssa destroyed the Ring.

Also if S4 was a perfect indicator of consistent skill then Thea would be much higher than Oliver based on her performace against Anarky. And be weaker than a Card Thrower and not being able to detect a Armored Cop getting the jump on him

I mean Komboing and The_Kidd would pass him off as Fodder but i don't think he is

#21 Posted by The_Kidd (12162 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheSupremeBeing (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd: That's simply wrong at this point.

He gave Damien Darhk a tough fight which ended in a Draw. Damien has show he can match Oliver pretty well.

His Fight with Oliver seems like Bad Writing at this point. And it was intended to go on longer but they didn't have enough of time-slot. Also it was even kinda hinted that Merlyn planned this but was thrown a curve-ball with the ring Burning.

It's not far fetched for Merlyn to keep up with Oliver when he spent all the time between S3 and S4 very active (from Dark Archer comics) to

#23 Posted by The_Kidd (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesupremebeing: Darhk is wishy washy, he stomped Sara someone established to be on Merlyn's level. Merlyn draw with Darhk but Darhk had control up until they switched from swords to knives.

In season 1 of Arrow Merlyn said what makes him better than Oliver was stronger conviction, by season 3 Merlyn thought Oliver had surpassed him. After Oliver level up with League training I see no reason why he can't stomp Merlyn.

Unless Merlyn outright beat someone like Darhk, Oliver, Ras soon he shouldnt be grouped with them.

#24 Edited by TheSupremeBeing (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd Damien didn't really have control (Merlyn managed to disarm both his weapons) and the fight was a bit lengthy as it was still going on after cutting to the Legends.

Sara did better in her rematch against Damien Darhk (and more recent fights tend to take priority). And Darhk had a psychological advantage anyway.

And Sara herself didn't get fodderized by Oliver and managed to go toe to toe with him for awhile in Invasion.

#25 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TheSupremeBeing (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Depends on how you interpret it (he only seemed suprised when Nyssa destroyed the Ring) so he probably was planning to challenge Nyssa and take it back

#27 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31711 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: Depends on how you interpret it (he only seemed suprised when Nyssa destroyed the Ring) so he probably was planning to challenge Nyssa and take it back

No, I definitely do not think he planned to lose or for Oliver to chop off his arm.

#28 Edited by TheSupremeBeing (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: I did say it was up to interpretation. He did loose to Nyssa despite showing that he was capable of winning.

Although tbh i really don't care much about the S4 fights due to them constantly not making sense (so i just stick with S5 and S2 LoT for ranking skill)

And Merlyn had a showing against Darhk that shows he's not as weak as S4 makes it seem.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#31 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22857 posts) - - Show Bio

They made them all buffoons on Legends of Tomorrow.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#32 Posted by LEGACY6364 (7441 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Gotoucanario (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn is just outmatched now, not truly decay. Vandal was horrible because it took an entire season but Slade had that shitty episode with Thea and Ollie too...

RF seems the same to me, though less scary and cool but that's bcs writing, Darkh isn't all that much without his voodoo crap, I never liked him anyway I am only mad they portray him as Merlyn's equal when Merlyn should clearly be the more skilled fighter.

#34 Posted by WeAreTheFlash (2084 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#35 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22857 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn is just outmatched now, not truly decay. Vandal was horrible because it took an entire season but Slade had that shitty episode with Thea and Ollie too...

RF seems the same to me, though less scary and cool but that's bcs writing, Darkh isn't all that much without his voodoo crap, I never liked him anyway I am only mad they portray him as Merlyn's equal when Merlyn should clearly be the more skilled fighter.

So much this. Merlyn just isn't the same badass that he used to be.

#37 Posted by Rubear (4650 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn. Vandal was never scary or even that good of a villain imo.

Well, Vandal was somewhat scary when he first showed up in Flash, but then Legends happened.

#38 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6650 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal looked cool at first but I prefer the true immortal of comics. Merlyn was a beast at first but by the end he was terrible and should have been stomping everyone except Talia Al Ghul, who he actually does stomp dispite her being the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul and an assassin from birth. Merlyn was just a beast turned child. At least Vandal showed the capacity to plan.

P.S Reverse Flash was always cool

#39 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn and Darkh are jokes now. Vandal was never that impressive and once Slade lost the mirakuru his badassery level dropped. At least Reverse Flash is still mildly entertaining to watch.

#42 Posted by buildhare (8709 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn and RF are beaten because their Heroes outgrew them (bar any jobbing RF does on Legends, which is BS), there was literally no reason for Vandal to get as bad as he did.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
#44 Posted by deactivated-597fe3e7af56f (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Vandal by far. At least Legends somewhat restored the credibility of Malcolm and Darkh.

#45 Posted by the_wspanialy (4075 posts) - - Show Bio
@mial42 said:

Vandal by far. At least Legends somewhat restored the credibility of Malcolm and Darkh.

This. Plus Vandal looks and sounds silly, no intimidating at all.

#46 Posted by Kevd4wg (12798 posts) - - Show Bio

Reverse Flash is still a great villain and is a danger to the heroes.

Merlyn started great he was menacing, dangerous, and cunning now they made him into a moron and a punching bag for Oliver though he was slightly redeemed in legends.

Vandal always sucked he was just boring bland and not that menacing. The legends fought him every episode and both won and lost he was more of a plot device then a villain he didn't drop off much because he didn't have many good traits as a villain to begin with.

Slade is still amazing. He didn't drop off as a villain because he changed as a character in a way that fits him because unlike Merlyn he didn't lose all his abilities and skill when he stopped becoming a major villain

Darhk was always terrible in arrow so no decay there. Darhk also got redeemed as he was great in Legends season 2 so if anything he improved.

The villain with the worst decay to me is Non from Supergirl he felt like he could be a scary, imitating Zod like villain but then did absolutely nothing for 90% of the season and was utterly bland.