Avatar image for amethystgravity
Posted by AmethystGravity (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

The animated conglomeration of stones composed of Phazon is from Metroid Prime and can control both stone and ice.

No Caption Provided

Accolades/Accomplishments:

Thardus

Temporary scan

“Morphology: Thardus

An animated, sentient creature of stone charged with Phazon radiation.”

Logbook entry

"Thardus can encase targets in ice, and its colossal size and strength make it a formidable opponent.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus is a stone being powered by Phazon which is considered formidable by Samus’s scanning equipment.

Computer (Research Lab Aether)

Temporary scan

“East Quarantine Cave has been secured. Specimen remains in the Quarantine area. All experiments have been suspended pending pacification of area.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus interrupted the Space Pirates’ experiments while they contained him.

Temporary scan

“Quarantine specimen exhibits highly aggressive behavior. Its body structure, composed of Phazon ore, appears nearly invulnerable. This has rendered our efforts to train and discipline subject useless.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

The Space Pirates found it difficult to tame Thardus due to his durable structure.

Temporary scan

“Project Titan is suspended indefinitely. Security breaches resulting in massive casualties have occurred. Access is strictly prohibited until further notice.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus caused massive losses in the Space Pirate forces, forcing them to keep away from his containment area.

Firepower:

Thardus

Logbook entry

“Thardus can encase targets in ice, and its colossal size and strength make it a formidable opponent.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus can freeze opponents.

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Capoland

1:08

Thardus levitates rocks and creates a snow storm.

1:59

Thardus freezes Samus.

2:29

Thardus levitates several rocks before hurling them at Samus.

3:38

Thardus summons a snow storm.

7:23

Even while falling apart, Thardus can troll Samus with a stone.

Durability:

Thardus

Logbook entry

“The Phazon radiation given off by Thardus negates auto-targeting systems, preventing lock-on. It may be possible to acquire alternate targets with a different Visor. The chaotic nature of Phazon irradiation leads to instability in its structural integrity.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus can negate Samus’s combat visor’s lock on, though her thermal visor can lock on to weak points until they overload, at which point the combat visor can lock-on while the thermal visor is overloaded.

Temporary scan

“Quarantine specimen exhibits highly aggressive behavior. Its body structure, composed of Phazon ore, appears nearly invulnerable. This has rendered our efforts to train and discipline subject useless.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus was near-impervious to the Space Pirates’ weaponry on Tallon IV.

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Capoland

1:48

Thardus can survive attack to his instable spot, though it causes it to be exposed, allowing Samus’s targeting systems to work

2:02

Thardus survives one of his instable spots being destroyed.

2:46

The stones on Thardus can block Samus’s weaponry.

Physical Capabilities:

Logbook entry

“Thardus can encase targets in ice, and its colossal size and strength make it a formidable opponent.”

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Wikitroid

Thardus has incredible strength.

From Metroid Prime

Credit to Capoland

2:11

Thardus can roll at a fair pace and roll into Samus.

From MEtroid Prime

Credit to MultiClassicGamer

11:24

Thardus can cause seismic disturbances.

#2 Posted by AmethystGravity (2316 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by nerdchore (8144 posts) - - Show Bio

I always enjoyed Thardus as a boss.

#4 Edited by WollfMyth209 (16508 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent job. I like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
#5 Edited by deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df (2403 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Aurbere (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see Metroid get exposure. I would suggest a Chozo or Luminoth thread in the future, if you're more focused on the Metroid Prime series.

Tag me for future Metroid threads.

#7 Posted by AmethystGravity (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@aurbere: I'll try to make sure to remember to tag you; all this positive feedback is nice! I've already made threads for U-Mos, as well as Chozo and Luminoth creations like Mother Brain and Quadraxis. I might make one for A-Kul, but that could be sort of weird, given that she was dead at the time of the series.

Threads for both the entire Luminoth and Chozo species would definitely be a challenge, but I might try to make those over the summer.

#8 Posted by Aurbere (172 posts) - - Show Bio

@amethystgravity: Creating threads for them definitely would be a challenge, as there's a lot of vague or even hidden logs regarding their powers and abilities. Whatever you end up doing, make the Chozo thread before the Luminoth one.

Great work on these threads. Loving the Metroid stuff!

#9 Posted by DeathHero61 (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, you should go more into detail in these threads when it comes to stats. Just something to know. How durable, how fast, how strong. Saying they're strong and nothing else is vague

#10 Posted by AmethystGravity (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Thanks for the feedback! Do you mean to add calcs and stuff? For the accolades/descriptions, I can't exactly quantify what the scan visor says. Speed-wise, that could be viewed (and I don't feel like doing a size-scaling pixel speed calc thing). As for durability and Firepower, I could bring up scaling with Samus's weapons (charged power beam easily shatters couch-sized ice, missiles easily shatter walls of sandstone, etc, though I wouldn't want to clutter the thread, and I'm no expert on material science.

Typically, though, Thardus's attacks are all around/slightly above the sandstone-shattering range, and the hits he no-sells are on/somewhat above the sandstone shattering range.