Thanos takes an attack from Steppenwolf's axe like Supes, what's the damage?

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos

No Caption Provided

Takes

No Caption Provided

An attack

No Caption Provided

From Steppenwolf's axe

No Caption Provided

Like Superman

No Caption Provided

Does he get split in half or should have Steppenwolf gone for the head?

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait for it

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks.. also lol at the gifs you chose.. seems like a bit of a bias OP, but ok I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-60eee22feddcf
deactivated-60eee22feddcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos tanks.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

No sells

@moonman2 said:

Thanos tanks.

@death4bunnies said:

Tanks.. also lol at the gifs you chose.. seems like a bit of a bias OP, but ok I guess.

And you believe that?

Off-topic those were the best gifs I found on Google. I'm not going through the pain of making gifs to prove something obvious!

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

Care to comment

On

Loki was scared jumping out of a plane (db cooper)

Dazed by a large human male throwing him unto tile

Loki failed to tear a vacuum power cord

Will you admit

Mftl shards and scaling is pure fecal headcanon

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Strange's eldritch sword couldn't do anything and with the writers confirming that sling ring portals are useless against his skin....

No Caption Provided

He tanks easily

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

@death4bunnies:

Care to comment

On

Loki was scared jumping out of a plane (db cooper)

Dazed by a large human male throwing him unto tile

Loki failed to tear a vacuum power cord

Will you admit

Mftl shards and scaling is pure fecal headcanon

None of that is on topic at all, and why would I want to respond when you finish your off topic rant with a insult?

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Steppy wulf has feats better than Ironman then maybe it Might graze or bruise him a little but then again not sure seen as Steppenwolf was a massive jobber

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11138/111381395/6875795-6875217-6854466-6844027-6843103-ezgif-5-0e91e25bae61.gif

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11130/111305768/6198996-3649332666-giphy.gif

No Caption Provided

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11134/111341786/6256370-dceu%20supermav%20vs%20sw.gif

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11130/111305768/6198998-2397292311-giphy.gif

No Caption Provided

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By death4bunnies
@happylife1996 said:
@mcflicky said:

No sells

@moonman2 said:

Thanos tanks.

@death4bunnies said:

And you believe that?

Off-topic those were the best gifs I found on Google. I'm not going through the pain of making gifs to prove something obvious!

Yes I believe that.

—-

About the gifs, you picked a feat that happened in a dream for wolf never reproduced outside of a dream...and it really seems like you picked a Thanos’s lowest end feats...but irl maybe those were the only gifs you could find so let me help you out.

No Caption Provided

Here is a feat where his armor resisted Stormbreaker (he didn’t have his armor at the end of IW or the begining of EG).. I rate his armor over the axe and wolfs armor.

Loading Video...

I mean dozens of gifs you could of chose I guess, like Nebula crashing a spaceship into him, or him catching Strange’s sword, or Draxs’s knives.. The gifs you chose seem bias to me...Draxs’s knives pierce Cull but not Thanos, this I rate Thanos skin over wolfs axe.

The energy effect of the axe will mean nothing to Thanos, who tanks lightning and repulcers.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I chose those gifs to make a point, I was only making an excuse for the quality.

My point with these gifs is:-

1st: Thanos's durabilty is not on the same level as Superman. These characters combined effort doesn't even make them dream to make Superman flinch.

2nd: IM punch's power is exaggerated. Thanos was hurt by street level in the same battle.

3rd: Superman tanking Steppenwolf axe is underrated. People think MCU characters can do the same without any evidence when they were hurt by much less

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I chose those gifs to make a point, I was only making an excuse for the quality.

My point with these gifs is:-

1st: Thanos's durabilty is not on the same level as Superman. These characters combined effort doesn't even make them dream to make Superman flinch.

2nd: IM punch's power is exaggerated. Thanos was hurt by street level in the same battle.

3rd: Superman tanking Steppenwolf axe is underrated. People think MCU characters can do the same without any evidence when they were hurt by much less

So you did choose gifs for Thanos that were his lowest end.

And you did pick a feat for Steppenwolf that only happened in a dream and not in the real world and was never replicated outside of a dream sequence where he revealed the Anti life equation.

I think I have a full gif showing the dream part and the ALE part you cut out of the feat.

——

Shoeing the lowest end feats for one character and the highest end dream feat for another didn’t prove any point but your bias imo.

—-

Id say the axe nosell can be a bit underrated at times too, but the way you went about this is kinda silly, you can see how this comes off bias..right??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I didn't know it was from a dream, do you have a proof?

Even if it was we can still scale his attack to other characters and it would probably end up being much worse for you than this.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I didn't know it was from a dream, do you have a proof?

Even if it was we can still scale his attack to other characters and it would probably end up being much worse for you than this.

Of course I have proof good buddy.. did you watch the snyder cut?

Loading Video...

As you can see Wolf Sticks his hand into the motherbox, closes his eyes, opens them in a field, relives Darksides feat from the beginning of the movies and uncovers the antilife equation.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Clearly not a feat that happened in the real world, and furthermore it was revealing the antilife equation; doesn’t seem like that would work on a something without the antilife equation already etched into it.

Watch the movie, antilife was already etched into earth and the axe hits reveal it, that’s what the homies are searching for.

——

I think Thanos can take the axe just fine, but can you honestly not see how showing the best dream feat for one character and the lowest feats you can find for another is bias?? Like really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Strange's eldritch sword couldn't do anything and with the writers confirming that sling ring portals are useless against his skin....

No Caption Provided

He tanks easily

Are you comparing a human attack to a new god?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: I watched the movie only once when it came out and things have slipped from since then.

You are right! But again an attack from a magical axe with the force of a new god is still too much for Thanos's skin in my opinion.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By death4bunnies
Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happylife1996: Are you comparing a regular human and a new god with no feats to the Sorcerer Supreme?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: I'm not comparing their ranks, I'm comparing their physical power.

Steppenwolf is about DD level, you can't compare a physical attack from Strange to him!

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happylife1996: Show me where he was DD level. The movie portrays differently.

Unless you're going to tell me that Aquaman, Diana and Cyborg stand a remote chance against a DD level opponent

(He's not DD level)

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: He supposedly fought DD before. And even without that, Strange's attack simply doesn't compare with him in terms of the force that was put behind the attack! Nor in terms of the weapon honestly, Steppenwolf's axe seems to have a lot more power.

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happylife1996: It seems like a pretty big outlier with what we see of his more recent showings. He couldn't even destroy Batman's nightcrawler with the same swing.

Plus technically he didn't even perform it since it was a dream anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: When Iron Man hurts Thanos, you people take it as feat for IM but when Steppenwolf doesn't destroy knightcrawler in one strike you take it as a feat against Steppenwolf? See the problem?

Steppenwolf was beatin Diana and AM together due to superior physical power.

Pandaemperoriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happylife1996: This is the same Iron Man that tanked a meteor (a feat superior to any of Steppenwolf's). This is also after being attacked by everyone including having a massive structure dropped on top of him with no damage. All of it amounted it a singe drop of blood. Meanwhile Steppenwolf was impaled by Aquaman straight through his skin.

Steppenwolf's feats just don't stack up to Thanos or a DD level opponent

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@death4bunnies: @happylife1996: @panda_emperorix:

Magic swords from MCU magicians have cut spacetime. Russos were not sure if spacetime cutting Sling-ring portals could cut Thanos either. And Strange is Sorcerer Supreme.

"Human attack" and "new god" tho

HappyLife1996, do you think 616 Dr Strange loses to Steppenwolf too b/c he's a human and all he has is human attacks? You know that the power of the New Gods, the Unity, was superheated by human attacks as well? Even Superman himself was hurt by the force of human attacks.

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies:

What i posted is true

Mcu scaling by raj and other wankers clearly dont work

A large male human in 2050 dazed loki from a minor throw= mftl shatds are pure headvanon with zero basis in reality

Those are facts

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tanks it.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TakenStew22

Damn, that salt smells good.

OT: He took Stormbreaker, he'll be fine.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eredin12  Online

No sells, axe is fodder.

KrisBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sells, axe is fodder.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@organic said:

@death4bunnies:

What i posted is true

Mcu scaling by raj and other wankers clearly dont work

A large male human in 2050 dazed loki from a minor throw= mftl shatds are pure headvanon with zero basis in reality

Those are facts

DCEU Superman got ragdolled by a large male 2013 male human, Loki scale or no?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: Thanos used the gauntlet against that structure and this is not enough to tank Steppenwolf and the people that attacked him cannot dream to scratch either Superman or Steppenwolf what does Iron Man's durability have anything to do with this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Dr. Strange's physical strength is only that of a humam

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Dr. Strange's physical strength is only that of a humam

Yes but his gear is well above human level. If it was a regular pocket knife I would agree but the weapon is far greater than Dr Strange's ability

Just like in Star Wars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: He didn't tank it directly and what are SB's feats exactly that makes him safe from Steppenwolf?

I'm salty about your denial if anything btw

organic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Clark was taught so much to blend in he let his father die. Clark on the fishing boat was trying to blend in = you fail mcu wanker= was never dazed

Loki was dazed by a large human in 2050

Loki failed to even rip the vacuum cord

= YOUR FECAL HEADCANON IS USELESS=

YOUR IDIOTIC SCALING IS USELESS

Mftl shards= pure fecal headcano n

toodlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: That's exaggeration. Steppenwolf's axe is magical, and he has a force beyond WW and AM, you can't make that equal to Strange.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@happylife1996 said:

@rajjarsalt: That's exaggeration. Steppenwolf's axe is magical, and he has a force beyond WW and AM, you can't make that equal to Strange.

Where is the proof his axe is magical? I disagree with the Aquaman/WW stuff because WW and Aquaman can both pierce Superman and Doomsday, but the only real feats Steppenwolf has are done with summoning the Anti-Life Equation, in a dream. As for Dr Strange, the gear itself has feats well above Strange's human capability. We shouldn't disregard feats just because a human performed them.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RajjarsAlt
@organic said:

@rajjarsalt:

Clark was taught so much to blend in he let his father die. Clark on the fishing boat was trying to blend in = you fail mcu wanker= was never dazed

Loki was dazed by a large human in 2050

Loki failed to even rip the vacuum cord

= YOUR FECAL HEADCANON IS USELESS=

YOUR IDIOTIC SCALING IS USELESS

Mftl shards= pure fecal headcano n

toodlles

Loki was taught to blend in, to not mess up the timeline.

Large human was possessed and could be amped. DC debaters always cry about it when a DC character is possessed by some Eclipso or Spectre or whatever.

Was Clark possessed when he got hurt by a blast that couldn't bust Jor-El's door?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@happylife1996 said:

Where is the proof his axe is magical? I disagree with the Aquaman/WW stuff because WW and Aquaman can both pierce Superman and Doomsday, but the only real feats Steppenwolf has are done with summoning the Anti-Life Equation, in a dream. As for Dr Strange, the gear itself has feats well above Strange's human capability. We shouldn't disregard feats just because a human performed them.

Evidence for them being capable of hurting Superman?

Steppenwolf's axe has lightning attached to it. I don't think that was just to make it look cool.

A dream that imitated reality. But even if that's the case we can still scale him and it will end up being worse for you than this scene.

No we should disregard them if it's a physical attack that requires strength.

And how about when Thanos used the stones to protect himself ftom Loki's attack? Didn't seem like he would've tanked it.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@happylife1996 said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@happylife1996 said:

Evidence?

Steppenwolf's axe has lightning attached to it. I don't think that was just to make it look cool.

A dream that imitated reality. But even if that's the case we can still scale him and it will end up being worse for you than this scene.

No we should disregard them if it's a physical attack that requires strength.

And how about when Thanos used the stones to protect himself ftom Loki's attack? Didn't seem like he would've tanked it.

Wonder Woman has pierced Doomsday on-screen, Aquaman has pierced Steppenwolf himself and has got better gear in canon.

I mean ye, but glowing with electricity that doesn't necessarily mean it's magical, does it? It's called an Electro-Axe and the New Gods don't exactly use magic, but technology.

I guess, but the Anti-Life stuff came from the Earth itself. It didn't come from his weapon. You can scale all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the other weapon feats are better.

I mean the blade's feats didn't really require strength and they look like magical constructs.

I mean Thanos also used the stones to protect himself from Wanda's blasts. With that conclusion you could say Thanos wouldn't have tanked the blasts, which is contradicted by what he did in Endgame. Loki's knife is also made of an unknown metal, and it has zero anti-feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I know that, but DD's abilities are different from Superman, he doesn't need to be durable because he heals instantly, and Steppenwolf had already lost his armor with the Aquaman thing, and he doesn't scale to Superman.

I'm ok with your second point

And Steppenwolf's axe can keep up with these weapons so they're about the same level. The difference is that Steppen is physically stronger than WW and Aquaman

Doesn't prove anything about its power, it needs feats.

We can let go of Loki's scene and Thanos would be still inferior to Superman in durability, due to being hurt by things that wouldn't make Superman flinch.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Axe gets embedded. Thanos dies

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@rajjarsalt: I know that, but DD's abilities are different from Superman, he doesn't need to be durable because he heals instantly, and Steppenwolf had already lost his armor with the Aquaman thing, and he doesn't scale to Superman.

I'm ok with your second point

And Steppenwolf's axe can keep up with these weapons so they're about the same level. The difference is that Steppen is physically stronger than WW and Aquaman

Doesn't prove anything about its power, it needs feats.

We can let go of Loki's scene and Thanos would be still inferior to Superman in durability, due to being hurt by things that wouldn't make Superman flinch.

Doomsday and Superman got hit by the same attack, Doomsday was closer and took way less damage.

For Aquaman? Oh, I was referring to Whedon stuff and his solo. I think Snyder said Aquaman could pierce Superman, will have to find that.

If they are at the same level, why would the axe fail to cut Superman?

I mean, the blades always had feats. I thought this whole discussion was about how feats don't matter since Strange is a human weakling? If it isn't, then I'm totally willing to debate with feats.

I mean Thanos never got pierced by Loki's dagger. Loki's dagger has no bad showings, unlike Superman. Speaking of, Superman got cut by that Kryptonian droid back in the Fortress, didn't he?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Superman evidently wasn't at full power and that attack made DD evolve, his abilities are different than Superman as I've said.

Whedon is irrelevant to me, since Snyder is the original director, and this is how the JL ws intended to be.

Their weapons wouldn't be able to cut Superman when he is at his best.

About Strange, Bring it on!

But he made it appear like would've been pierced because he used an infinity stone to protect him. And I've said it's ok to let this go since it didn't hit him.

Kryptonian technology is not to be taken lightly.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@happylife1996 said:

@rajjarsalt: Superman evidently wasn't at full power and that attack made DD evolve, his abilities are different than Superman as I've said.

Whedon is irrelevant to me, since Snyder is the OG director, and this is how the JL ws intended to be.

Their weapons wouldn't be able to cut Superman when he is at his best.

About Strange, Bring it on!

But he made it appear like would've been pierced because he used an infinity stone to protect him. And I've said it's ok to let this go since it didn't hit him.

Kryptonian technology is not to be taken lightly.

Well what are your thoughts on the fight between DD and Superman? Superman didn't seem to hurt DD that much compared to vice versa.

Well if you go for Snyder, then I got something for you.

I don't want to give anything away about the movie, or anything like that. But, Aquaman has some cool abilities that I think people are like, "Oh what does he talk to animals, because that seems like what he does, or fish or whatever?" The cool thing is, with Aquaman his trident (people don't realize this) that could cut the flesh of Superman, if they come in contact. That's a thing that's in the canon. He's super strong. Because of course he can exist at these super deep depths. So when he comes up here he's crazy strong. Not to say he's in my movie, or anything like that. He has the potential to be badass. That's all I'm saying.

https://gizmodo.com/zack-snyder-calls-into-local-radio-show-to-defend-the-h-1618361564

Fair on both points, we can just ignore that and also chalk Superman getting cut as a feat for Kryptonian tech. I'd say Asgardian metals might just be that good. Here's a quote from the production notes of Thor: Dark World

No Caption Provided

Will be back with feats