• 138 results
Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The Mad Titan comes to Marvel NOW! this Fall as the biggest bad in the Marvel Universe sets off on a solo journey to take back what is his! Today, Marvel is pleased to announce THANOS #1 – a brand-new ongoing series coming soon from all-star creators Jeff Lemire (Extraordinary X-Men, Moon Knight) and Mike Deodato (Avengers, Invincible Iron Man)!

“As to what makes Thanos so compelling, the easy answer is that he is so powerful and so evil,” say writer Jeff Lemire, speaking with ComicBook.com. “This combination opens things up for a lot of story potential. But the truth is that it’s Thanos’ past that makes him so interesting. What motivates a god-like being like this? What makes him tick and what does he have left to fight for?”

Go inside the mind of the most dangerous foes in the Marvel Universe as he embarks on a quest to rise back to power. In his absence, the Mad Titan’s iron grip on the cosmos has loosened. As he returns to the stars to terrorize the galaxy once more, reborn and reinvigorated – are there any that can stand in his way? Many will try – Thane, Starfox and others. Will they succeed where others have failed so many times?

It’s good to be bad. Be there when unspeakable evil comes to Marvel NOW! in THANOS #1 – coming soon to comic shops and digital devices!

THANOS #1

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by MIKE DEODATO

Cover by JEFF DEKAL

Coming Soon!

Staff
#1 Posted by the_stegman (40189 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, dang, I don't read Marvel, but this I might have to grab. I love when villains get series, (as long as it goes somewhere).

#2 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds VERY interesting. I'm sold this will be my first time getting a Thanos book.

I'm excited!! :-)

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically we are getting an ongoing series that will tell enough of Thanos' back story to know him better while we get ready for his major appearance in the soon-to-be-renamed Infinity Wars movie so that we simultaneously see his rise to "terrorize the galaxy" in both the MCU and the comics.

#4 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna suck

#5 Posted by Ducey13 (396 posts) - - Show Bio

About time we got another Thanos ongoing. Marvel has announced some good stuff recently

I'll have to pick up. Unworthy Thor, Infamous Iron Man, Thanos, Champions, & Jessica Jones all get a BUY from me.

#6 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically we are getting an ongoing series that will tell enough of Thanos' back story to know him better while we get ready for his major appearance in the soon-to-be-renamedInfinity Wars movie so that we simultaneously see his rise to "terrorize the galaxy" in both the MCU and the comics.

huh?

#8 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: The Infinity Wars Part 1/Part 2 movies are gonna be re-titled: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/04/avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-will-get-title-changes

#10 Posted by saoakden (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

A Thanos series, interesting. Written by Jeff Lemire, sounds good. Drawn by Mike Deodato, I'm sold. Jeff Lemire, you are one busy guy.

#11 Posted by deitydeity (17 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't happen but first issue Thanos needs to kill Thane once-and-for-all dead (none of this comic book resurrection B.S.) This would tie up that boring storyline satisfactorily and put Thanos back on his proper path. Avoid PIS at all cost and give us the scheming, manipulative master strategist that Thanos is and you just might make it to issue 12

#12 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Notice anything missing? Yeah, so did I...

#13 Posted by dondave (41752 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't happen but first issue Thanos needs to kill Thane once-and-for-all dead (none of this comic book resurrection B.S.) This would tie up that boring storyline satisfactorily and put Thanos back on his proper path. Avoid PIS at all cost and give us the scheming, manipulative master strategist that Thanos is and you just might make it to issue 12

#14 Edited by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I don't get it what's missing

Edit-Don't respond,I saw nno X-Titles

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15838 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix

#16 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

It's gonna suck

1 Pimp Slap for you.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#17 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it is Jeff Lemire

No Caption Provided

Astounding how few of those titles interest me

(damn it, I'm trying so hard not to turn into a jaded cynical fan)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#18 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguyofsteel said:

I figure there will be a lot of this...

Sheesh, thanks for confirming GoT isn't for me

(not sure why the image didn't show up with the quote)

#19 Posted by NickInACage (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I noticed Howard the Duck missing... were you referring to anything else?

#20 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he quite.

#21 Posted by Saint_Talker (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I've droped a number of Marvel titles since they announced relaunching "NOW!". If marvel really drops the X-titles (which I don't think they would do) I would be totally done with them.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#22 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Renew your Vows??? What??? WHAT??

I know there's no X-men but I don't think disney's marvels planning on ever doing anything about it.

#23 Posted by NickInACage (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: I noticed Howard the Duck missing... were you referring to anything else?

Howard was already known to be ending.

#25 Posted by jeanvaljean11 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Where the F*** are Mutants?!... Last days Marvel really made me angry but now I'm over the edge! If they remove all mutants I'm not reading Marvel anymore. Maybe Moon Knight only ;)

Btw. Why the F*** (again) we need yet another new Captain Marvel series. And another new Avengers series? How many times can they restart and say it's gonna be a whole new series, new stories so they had to do that -.-

So lame...

#26 Posted by TommytheHitman (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: Some of these titles could be really cool. Some of these are just previous titles put into a number one to sell more copies. :/

A Bullseye series? Curious.

As for Thanos. It's being written by Jeff Lemire. Which means I'm gonna read it.

#27 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: It's not just interesting that there are no X-men titles, but also the offshoots like All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are missing. Interesting to see some others get series again like Slapstick, Great Lake Avengers, Solo, Foolkiller, etc. Also interesting to see two Iron Man series and that there isn't an Iron Fist series, but rather an Iron Fists (plural) and also that Venom is no longer Venom Space Knight.

#28 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9882 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: Wow they completely Removed the X-Men. The ONLY X-book is Death of X.

Now they could have separated all the Xmen into other teams however. But

Well there you have it NO MORE X-Men.........Thanks A lot Marvel!!!!!! I'm done screw Them. -_-

#29 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16114 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m definitely getting this, I just wished there was someone else on the art, I don´t like Deodato´s style.

#30 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

Its no secret, Jeff Lemire is my favorite person in comics. Never cared much for Thanos, but I may just have to give this a look when it comes out.

#31 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
#32 Posted by StardustCrusader (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this might be pretty. . .

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by MIKE DEODATO

Pass

#33 Posted by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio
@bl00dwerk said:
No Caption Provided

Where the F*** are Mutants?!... Last days Marvel really made me angry but now I'm over the edge! If they remove all mutants I'm not reading Marvel anymore. Maybe Moon Knight only ;)

Btw. Why the F*** (again) we need yet another new Captain Marvel series. And another new Avengers series? How many times can they restart and say it's gonna be a whole new series, new stories so they had to do that -.-

So lame...

Is it just me, or is the amazing spider-man also missing? Except for that "renew your vows" mini series.

#34 Posted by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio
@z3ro180 said:

It's gonna suck

It probably will, Thanos to me is a washed down Darkseid clone.

And the thing that makes him even more washed down & meh, is that he's in Marvel way too much & way to often, not doing much. He's a villain to a story, too often. And he doesn't do anything that outstanding in at least half of those.

While Darkseid doesn't appear as often, but you know, you freaking know when you see him, that he is formidable, that his 1 strike holds immense power, that he is going to do a lot of damage in that story.

#35 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't written by Starlin?

Well shit.

We can expect some jobbing.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#36 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

Occupy Avengers? Great a comic for all the SJWs. I'm sure Spidy and X-men lines will be back after Clone conspiracy and death of X minis. I'll be sure to give first arc of a thanos a go before judgment.

#37 Posted by DeathandGrim (4827 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's never gonna stay dead or incapacitated for long huh?

#39 Posted by WAM-Hope (124 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

What i'm happy about is that not ALL books are relaunching, especially Spider-Man and Ms.Marvel, but so is Nova (wtd) I will pick up, Invincible Iron Man, Champions and US Avengers. But there are a lot of interesting titles for me.

If the new Renew your vows is true, I hope it brings back Peter and MJ Daughter.

#40 Posted by incursion2 (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#41 Posted by del_torro (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

hope they're not giving thanos the Phoenix... its overused. wnd I want Jeannie bqvk :c

#42 Edited by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk said:
No Caption Provided

• Contest of Champions

• Karnak

• Amazing Spider-Man

• New Avengers

• A-Force

• Agents of SHIELD

• All-New All-Different Avengers

• All-New Inhumans

• All-New Wolverine

• All-New X-Men

• Astonishing Ant-Man

• Captain Marvel (Renumber)

• Carnage

• Drax

• Extraordinary X-Men

• Guardians of Infinity

• Hercules (Was told it would come back post Civil War)

• Howard the Duck

• Hyperion

• International Iron Man

• Mockingbird

• Nighthawk

• Nova (Renumber)

• Old Man Logan

• Scarlet Witch

• Spider-Man/Deadpool

• Spidey

• Star-Lord (Renumber)

• Ultimates (Renumber/Renamed)

• Uncanny X-Men

• Venom Space Knight (Renumbered/Renamed)

• Vision

• Web Warriors

#43 Posted by mksystem74 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't panic about not seeing no x-Men titles. They're doing a smart thing by keeping how Death of X ends. If we know X titles are coming, then it may take away from Death of X.

#44 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't it been established that he has learned his lesson, he just wants to live peacefully with Death? Why make him all bad, trigger-happy again?

#45 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

hope they're not giving thanos the Phoenix... its overused. wnd I want Jeannie bqvk :c

Now that you mention it, I can see the Phoenix in his eyes on the cover.

#46 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, if there's someone to blame for this, it's that Trump-loving fool Ike Perlmutter. He is killing X-men.

#47 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds VERY interesting. I'm sold this will be my first time getting a Thanos book.

I'm excited!! :-)

You should get the Thanos series from 2003, it's good.

#48 Posted by TheKinfing (11735 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by RaunJisto (480 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of X-men is just... Very worrisome. I don't plan reading Death of X either. Also, is that supposed to be the Phoenix in Thanos's eyes or...?

#50 Posted by emers109 (147 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

hmmmmm