inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Telltale games, the people behind The Walking Dead game, A Wolf Among Us, and Back to the Future, are delving into something a bit darker. The company, known for their episodic, contemporary games that are reminiscent of the point-and-click adventure era of PC gaming, will be taking on Batman next.

In a press release, Telltale CEO Kevin Bruner talked about the new game, which was announced during The Game Awards.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

“Telltale has an established track record of creating award-winning content for some of the best properties in the world,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with the team as they deliver a new interactive way for fans and gamers to experience the rich narrative world of Batman.”

A teaser trailer and more information will be available next week.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

In b4 the "Batman again" comments.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

sounds great, but couldn't we get a decent game about Superman or Flash for once?

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd settle for the last episode of Game of Thrones to be released!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I hope they go grim,dark and grounded. Telltale can certainly deliver.

I am bored of the action hero Batman of the recent years.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I need more information to determine if this is good or bad.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we will get an awesome batman game from Telltale and WB Montreal will be giving us an awesome DC game with other material....Oh...If only I had a PS4 and money to buy this CD...

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Awesome!!! With this and those two WB Montreal games in development it looks like DC will be having a ton of awesome video games for me to play.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I still enjoy Batman action hero but he is so much more than that, and it's nice that this will probably put on the spotlight thata part of Batman.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

Wait, Telltale games is doing something a little darker? Batman is darker than Walking Dead? Not likely.

I second that. I don't mind the action, but I prefer a Batman who can't take on a dozen thugs at the same time with his bare fists, who can't take out every villain in Arkham in one night without working up a sweat and who can't pull the perfect gizmo to immediately solve any problem out of his utility belt.

I like a Batman who can do things humans can actually do.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet again video games will do a better job of showing that Batman is a detective (because there is no way this is a combat oriented game) than movies ever will. Let Nolan make films about Bruce Wayne: Billion Dollar Ninja, I will stick with my Arkham games and this (big fan of telltale so I am already sold on this series)

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Fantabulous!

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its something like Goth Central or Gotham by Midnight

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's getting another game series? Color me not surprised. Hope it offers more than the Arkham games, award winning or not it just wasn't my cup of tea.

~KL~

KalvinEllis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KalvinEllis

@entropy_aegis said:

In b4 the "Batman again" comments.

Well yeah, it's getting kind of annoying. I totally understand Batman's golden boy status, but they are going extremely overboard with it.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By DrellAssassin

Man I don't even want to imagine how their game engine is going to handle Batman's cape. It's so outdated at this point.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Loading Video...

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

Wait, Telltale games is doing something a little darker? Batman is darker than Walking Dead? Not likely.

@squalleon said:

I second that. I don't mind the action, but I prefer a Batman who can't take on a dozen thugs at the same time with his bare fists, who can't take out every villain in Arkham in one night without working up a sweat and who can't pull the perfect gizmo to immediately solve any problem out of his utility belt.

@squalleon said:

This. I still enjoy Batman action hero but he is so much more than that, and it's nice that this will probably put on the spotlight thata part of Batman.

I had in my mind something like the classic tales of O'Neil, Year One,Gothic, Black and White.You know these kind of tales that work because of the atmosphere and characterization rather than the action.And considering the kind of games Telltale makes, they seem like a good fit.

I am not fan of current Batman comics.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds awesome. I'll have to finally get a Telltale game. I was tempted to get WAU and WD but I just had too many other games.

I'm sure they'll focus on the detective aspext as well as him choosing which villain he has to tackle first.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's getting another game series? Color me not surprised. Hope it offers more than the Arkham games, award winning or not it just wasn't my cup of tea.

~KL~

Agreed, I even bought Asylum and Knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6
deactivated-57b9eaaf41cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telltale better not drop the ball with this one.

They kind of did with Game of Thrones, but then again that story had to be more linear than others.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds great, but couldn't we get a decent game about Superman or Flash for once?

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Very cool. Tales from the Borderlands was one of the best games I played this year

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Another Batman game! Exactly what everyone has been asking for.

That was sarcasm.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:
@squalleon said:

I had in my mind something like the classic tales of O'Neil, Year One,Gothic, Black and White.You know these kind of tales that work because of the atmosphere and characterization rather than the action.And considering the kind of games Telltale makes, they seem like a good fit.

I completely agree, this game could be awesome if they took as a base the stories that you mentioned.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ezekiel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Telltale is becoming one of my favorite game studios... They can make such a good detective story.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: @amazingwebhead: I don't think those characters could work in a Telltale games.

Why not? Both Clark and Barry do research and detective work in their human lives, in the Wolf Among us you casually play as a giant monster wolf who fights a mirror demon who you destroy by huffing and puffing.

In Minecraft story mode you fight a giant all devouring three headed monster.

If the story is good Telltale could easily write a story involving a mystery with some great button prompt fights, character interactions, choices and consequences. As Telltale do spectacular fights but mostly stick to character and story I see no reason as to why they could not work with characters such as Flash or Superman.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why am I seeing this like an interactive Btas game?

I'm digging the idea of a super noirish story based game.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@batwatch:

I know right. Like how is Batman going to be darker than Walking Dead and A Wolf Among Us.

As far as people complaining about more Batman products: OK well this game isn't for you, it's for people who want more Batman. Now deal with it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@squalleon said:

We should sit down and thank the Gods the Arkham games exist, and stop saying that we're bored of greatness, you know.......just a thought....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@lukehero said:

As far as people complaining about more Batman products: OK well this game isn't for you, it's for people who want more Batman. Now deal with it.

Thank you.
Thank you VERY much, Porker.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@titanbreaker: a big part of tell tale games are decisions. Superman or flash wouldn't have to chose between places to go or people to save because they are powerful enough and fast enough to do both

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@amazingwebhead: They're too powerful, imo no game would do them Justice.

They could probably do a great Aquaman/Cyborg/Wonder Woman game

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Batman game?! OMG, I'm so excited and surprised by this new revelation. It's like Warner Bros. Interactive knew I wanted another Batman related game instead of a Wonder Woman related game. Happy days ahead in 2016. Happy days indeed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's been released.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Eh

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because why bother doing a game for anyone else in DC? Oh wait Bats is the only DC character in these companies eyes my bad.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Batman game?! OMG, I'm so excited and surprised by this new revelation. It's like Warner Bros. Interactive knew I wanted another Batman related game instead of a Wonder Woman related game. Happy days ahead in 2016. Happy days indeed.

Good to know,welcome to the Order of Saint Batman.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#42  Edited By BatWatch

@batwatch said:

@squalleon said:

@black_arrow said:
@squalleon said:

I'm not really reading current stuff. I stopped reading in 2013 because I found I could get way more bang for my buck by buying older comics. I have like fifteen hundred back issues to read through.

In 2013, I liked some Bat titles and disliked others. Most were kind of meh. Like Black Arrow said, I enjoy action Batman, but for me, it's become ridiculous and lost some important aspects of the character. Most crucially, Bruce's intellect has been largely ignored. We are told he is a genius detective, but his gadgets solve every case and get him out of every dilemma. It's lame.

I'm also sick of the broody Batman. I do think Bruce should be generally grim, but he's grim to the point of parody now. I like the late eighties early nineties Batman who was serious but still took pleasure in the company of friends.

I used to like serious comics, but I've recently found some affection for the old World's Finest days. Those were just pure fun. Good stuff. Serious stories are good in their own way, but most comics are just way too serious. They've lost the fun.

@lukehero said:

@batwatch:

I know right. Like how is Batman going to be darker than Walking Dead and A Wolf Among Us.

Agreed on both points.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why people are complaining, you don't have to play it. After playing The Wolf Among Us its pretty apparent Telltale can deliver a game based off of "The World's Greatest Detective" with ease. The style of their games follow along the lines of an "interactive movie".

I'm pretty sure they're working on a Marvel game for 2017 also, so I can't wait to check that out. If they were to tackle Spider-Man I would go insane-- and I'm hoping they do considering his movie will be coming out that same year.

Honestly, I just want Season 3 of The Walking Dead, though, so I'm hoping to hear some news about that soon.

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevaliant said:

It's been released.

!!! well thank YOU sir. I know what I'm doing tonight!

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am really excited for more Batman! Hope we get alot of characters we haven't seen in video games yet.Also would love to see Batwoman :D

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they will concentrate on the detective stuff and on the relationships. I know this will likely be an origin story yet again but I really want to see "the family" in this. Telltale could introduce them better than any other game format. I at least hope they will include a handful of Easter eggs as foreshadowing.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:
@squalleon said:

We should sit down and thank the Gods the Arkham games exist, and stop saying that we're bored of greatness, you know.......just a thought....

I love the arkham games don't get me wrong.

I had the comics, games and movies in mind, when I said that. Nolan's Batman was an action hero, Snyder's Batman is... lets skip that and Arkham while great games they are focused on action. I just missed the grounded,disturbing,weird and detective parts of Batman that I fell in love with. I understand character evolution but I feel the character has became stagnant and a parody of himself sometimes.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Squalleon

@batwatch said:

I'm not really reading current stuff. I stopped reading in 2013 because I found I could get way more bang for my buck by buying older comics. I have like fifteen hundred back issues to read through.

In 2013, I liked some Bat titles and disliked others. Most were kind of meh. Like Black Arrow said, I enjoy action Batman, but for me, it's become ridiculous and lost some important aspects of the character. Most crucially, Bruce's intellect has been largely ignored. We are told he is a genius detective, but his gadgets solve every case and get him out of every dilemma. It's lame.

I'm also sick of the broody Batman. I do think Bruce should be generally grim, but he's grim to the point of parody now. I like the late eighties early nineties Batman who was serious but still took pleasure in the company of friends.

I used to like serious comics, but I've recently found some affection for the old World's Finest days. Those were just pure fun. Good stuff. Serious stories are good in their own way, but most comics are just way too serious. They've lost the fun.

Me too. I just buy the awesome collections DC releases from time to time. They reprint all that classic stuff to keep my Batman fix. I just couldn't enjoy the Batman titles since Bruce became Batman again. Snyder's direction I don't like. The other Bat titles were meh at best.

I completely agree. And I feel he is like a parody in more aspects than one. Maybe it is just me and because I grew up with his "grounded" tales and Tas was my first and still favorite interpretation, I feel currently Batman has lost his interesting roots. All those disturbing, weird, grounded and even edgy at times stuff, that made him great for me. But my main complain is that Bruce isn't human anymore. He is a broody, thought-robot "'Cause I am Batman" parody with a plan for everything. Where are the days of No Man's land and Knightfall, when he was a person trying to do good and losing parts of himself in the process.

Luckily for you, I feel we are about to come full circle (as everything comes at one point), I see a wider demand for less serious and fun comics. And with examining the top sellers of most titles you can already see the fun titles creep in there.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Every time when I think Telltale couldn't be better they surprise me like this. Truly amazing!

I am really looking forward to a darker TWAU type game. World's Greatest Detective, not action hero Batman!