Tell us about something ...

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By grkpektis

instresting you have recently read in a comic.

I just finished reading eclipso 10 and it was really disturbing. Darkseid told eclipso a story of when he was young and visited new genesis. He saw a small boy who loved his pet bird and cat equally, darkseid convinced him that the cat ate the bird and he should bury the cat alive. The kid did and darkseid returned the bird to him the id was so enraged that he killed the bird.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

Now that's mean. I wonder what was the lesson of the story ?

Avatar image for theceruleangestalt
theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grkpektis says:

"instresting you have recently read in a comic.I just finished reading eclipso 10 and it was really disturbing. Darkseid told eclipso a story of when he was young and visited new genesis. He saw a small boy who loved his pet bird and cat equally, darkseid convinced him that the cat ate the bird and he should bury the cat alive. The kid did and darkseid returned the bird to him the id was so enraged that he killed the bird."

Isn't that kid DeSaad?

Avatar image for theceruleangestalt
theCeruleanGestalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha says:

"Now that's mean. I wonder what was the lesson of the story ? "

Not let rage control you or something...? :P

Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By Dementia5

I once read a Wolverine short that kinda disturbed me. He wandered away from the X-mansion after losing control of his temper over something silly, and was feeling really down on himself. He hops on his motorcycle and heads into town to air out his head.

Meanwhile, in town, some lowlife druggie commits an armed robbery, then hops in his car to make a getaway. In the process, he runs down a little kid on a tricycle, and doesn't stop.

Cut back to Wolvie all depressed on his bike, stopped at a red light. The druggie's car pulls up next to him. Logan glances over and notices that the driver just doesn't look right, all sweaty and shaking. The druggie keeps shooting nervous glances at Logan, which makes him even more suspicious. Then Logan sees blood on the front of the guy's car, and a tricycle embedded in the grill. As Wolverine tries to grasp the horror of what he sees, the lowlife panics, backs his car up, and then drives straight at Logan in an attempt to run him down. He hits Logan, wrecks his bike, and Wolvie vanishes underneath the car. The guy is releived, but only for a second. Claws rip through the floor of the car, and Wolverine tears upward into the cab. Then, in the last panel, he leaps at the guy.

You don't see what happens next, but you don't need to. Througout the story (which has very little dialogue), the narrator keeps talking about the problem with "mad dogs" - how dangerous and unpredictable they are. In that last panel, the narrator ends the story with the words: "Sometimes a mad dog just has to be put down." It's at that point that you realize that the narration wasn't about Wolverine at all.

Well written, and very disturbing.

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By grkpektis

Alpha says:

"Now that's mean. I wonder what was the lesson of the story ? "

I think it was about corruption