TDKR Batman's return vs BvS Metropolis opening scene. Which is better?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll TDKR Batman's return vs BvS Metropolis opening scene. Which is better? (30 votes)

TDKR 47%
BvS 53%
Results 0%

Which scene did you like more?

• 
godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know BvS gets hated on but how can you not like the opening scene of it?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Richubs

@godzilla44:

Never said I don't like the opening scene. That's why I'm comparing it to a very good scene.

I really loved Batman against all of Gotham Police dept. only to leave their mouths hanging with a stunned look on their face.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@richubs: I didn't mean to direct the question to you just a general statement for everyone.

OT: I love both scenes but my vote goes too BvS, the editing was incredible, matching the time with the end fight of MOS and seeing from the ground perceptive was awesome.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman’s parents dying rerun was ehhhh, but the Bats picking him up and carrying him to the light was too much

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

Watching it side by side with MoS it honestly felt like the time was inconsistent.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless:

Clearly, its about the Metropolis scene.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supermanforever

I would say metropolis scene was more epic. But Batmans return was so much impactfull. Both were very good overall.

For me i rate TDKR as far high as TDK and even slightly better. I just loved every bit of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man this is so hard but I'm gonna give it to the Black Zero event by the smallest margin. Both scenes are some of the best in Superhero Movies of all time.

TDKR - Batman Returns:

First off I'd like to just say that the drop at 0:28 is just so badass, one of the most badass moments in the franchise. And another reason why I like this scene is that it shows how Batman will despite what people think of him, or even if they treat him like a villain, his mission always remains clear, he continues to do what he came to do without hurting any cop or civilian in the process. That is what makes that scene so great.

BvS - The Black Zero Event:

This is also one of my favorite scenes from Batman v Superman and also one of the most important, not only because "Jack" died and a few Wayne Enterprises employees also died / were injured, but mainly because of the girl he saves. And then after Bruce asks where her parents are, she points at all the destruction and rubble, this scene is very important as it drives Bruce's hatred to Superman, he has done to this little girl what the killer of Bruce's parents did to him, turn the girl into an orphan. Bruce knows first hand the troubles of growing up without parents which allows him to empathize with this little girl, this scene also links to the "Save Martha" scene later in the film. As Superman says this he becomes more human in Batman's Perspective, he understands that Superman isn't just some emotionless alien but is just like everybody else, Bruce realizes that he is essentially becoming the thing he hates, the guy who turns people into orphans, if he killed Superman and didn't save Martha he had become the guy who killed Bruce's parents, and he had become the guy who took away the little girl's parents at the start, which allows Bruce to realize that he needed to save Martha. It was his chance at redemption, he had failed to save his own parents, failed to save the little girl's parents, but now he finally had the chance to do what he originally set out to do, stop what happened to him at such an early age from happening to other people, hence he saves Martha Kent.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning slightly towards BvS Metropolis scene here. It really gave you a ground zero perspective during the World Engine/Final Fight sequences of MoS, in addition to displaying Bruce’s selflessness in trying to help save people...which most people conveniently forget when threads pop-up bash/troll DCEU Batman.

The TDKR’s Batman’s return/chase sequence was good, but I didn’t like it as much as the chase sequences from BB and TDK. Besides him out smarting the GCPD by escaping in The Bat at the end, which was dope, I kind of found it to be a little “meh” in comparison to what the writers and Nolan came up with in the two prior films for a chase scene.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@subline said:

Man this is so hard but I'm gonna give it to the Black Zero event by the smallest margin. Both scenes are some of the best in Superhero Movies of all time.

TDKR - Batman Returns:

First off I'd like to just say that the drop at 0:28 is just so badass, one of the most badass moments in the franchise. And another reason why I like this scene is that it shows how Batman will despite what people think of him, or even if they treat him like a villain, his mission always remains clear, he continues to do what he came to do without hurting any cop or civilian in the process. That is what makes that scene so great.

BvS - The Black Zero Event:

This is also one of my favorite scenes from Batman v Superman and also one of the most important, not only because "Jack" died and a few Wayne Enterprises employees also died / were injured, but mainly because of the girl he saves. And then after Bruce asks where her parents are, she points at all the destruction and rubble, this scene is very important as it drives Bruce's hatred to Superman, he has done to this little girl what the killer of Bruce's parents did to him, turn the girl into an orphan. Bruce knows first hand the troubles of growing up without parents which allows him to empathize with this little girl, this scene also links to the "Save Martha" scene later in the film. As Superman says this he becomes more human in Batman's Perspective, he understands that Superman isn't just some emotionless alien but is just like everybody else, Bruce realizes that he is essentially becoming the thing he hates, the guy who turns people into orphans, if he killed Superman and didn't save Martha he had become the guy who killed Bruce's parents, and he had become the guy who took away the little girl's parents at the start, which allows Bruce to realize that he needed to save Martha. It was his chance at redemption, he had failed to save his own parents, failed to save the little girl's parents, but now he finally had the chance to do what he originally set out to do, stop what happened to him at such an early age from happening to other people, hence he saves Martha Kent.

Wow. Didn't expect this from you. Kudos.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers