SWTOR new trailer

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So SWTOR just dropped a new and absolutely impressive Trailer today titled Disorder. What do you guys think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbMAdtp7aE

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like, definitely the most impressive trailer to date. The TK feats here really makes Malgus far more powerful than he was. He should definitely be like up there with the guys like Arcann or Dooku now

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greysentinel365

The level of disrespect for Malgus here is kinda comical. TK'd by a fodder knight, disarmed and kicked by a padawan, his lightning can't scratch a beam that Or easily rips down while fodder Empire inquisitors wrecks buildings with the stuff.

Finally the best TK he gets is freaking Plo Koon level if lower and doesn't even match up to his short story showings

They should have left him dead.

Trailer looks cool though

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The level of disrespect for Malgus here is kinda comical. TK'd by a fodder knight, disarmed and kicked by a padawan, his lightning can't scratch a beam that Or easily rips down while fodder Empire inquisitors wrecks buildings with the stuff.

Finally the best TK he gets is freaking Plo Koon level if lower and doesn't even match up to his short story showings

They should have left him dead.

Trailer looks cool though

I mean, the TK feat he got there were all done casually without much strain. They were all pretty easy and he didn't even concentrate, so it doesn't really disrespect him. The knight also has ok feats

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

@darthor: The Knight is actually a Jedi Master, who are at the top heap of the Order barring the Council. I don't really see why that is a low showing, especially when the Master has some decent feats in the video as well, as far as the Padawan, it seems to me Malgus was just messing with her, given his dialogue and how he didn't just outright kill her when he should be able to do so. He seemed to put more effort into her Master and she was in a rage.

But yeah, the video was pretty cool.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love a full movie with this kind of CGI. Don't give a damn about SWTOR bc I hate MMOs but those trailers were always amazing and jaw dropping.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am love how the Trailer focusses on the inner thoughts and conflicts of force users. Gives back those original Star Wars feels =)

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk the fights felt less *BAM* besides that choke by malgus and when Sahar kicked him

There's theories that the original sith they were fighting was sahar's brother.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was pretty dope

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BreakOfDawn

Second best one they've done. Shame the expansion was so disappointing besides a few Malgus feats that make him arguably behind only Valk, the Outlander and Vaylin overall.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second best one they've done. Shame the expansion was so disappointing besides a few Malgus feats that make him arguably behind only Valk, the Outlander and Vaylin overall.

Which Malgus's feats?

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: The Knight is actually a Jedi Master, who are at the top heap of the Order barring the Council. I don't really see why that is a low showing, especially when the Master has some decent feats in the video as well, as far as the Padawan, it seems to me Malgus was just messing with her, given his dialogue and how he didn't just outright kill her when he should be able to do so. He seemed to put more effort into her Master and she was in a rage.

But yeah, the video was pretty cool.

Good to know

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer

@darthor: In fact quite frankly this just seemed more like an average Master/Padawan duo, unless I’ve missed something about the pair, they didn’t do anything I couldn’t see any other doing which actually would be good for scaling on a baseline level.

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthor: In fact quite frankly this just seemed more like an average Master/Padawan duo, unless I’ve missed something about the pair, they didn’t do anything I couldn’t see any other doing which actually would be good for scaling on a baseline level.

I mean, I don't really think you can scale their feat to just every single padawans out there, cause it might very possibly mean they are special

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

@darthor: We've seen Padawans do far greater things than what she did. Same with Master Orr. There wasn't anything either did, that others haven't done or couldn't do.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

In truth, I weary of the "even the Jedi are terrible" narrative. It's far overused and really undercuts the original and prequel trilogy narratives. They handled the Padawan's mental struggle very poorly, and she comes across as something of an imbecile, I'm afraid. The Knight seemed a bit off too.

While I did enjoy that the unnamed Sith first being battled was portrayed as powerful, Malgus should have come across as something exceptional -- if you look at this trailer alone, Malgus seems no more threatening than the other chap.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks epic! Can’t wait to play.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that from the standpoint of a rigorous versus analyst, two random Jedi with no prior coverage or prestige pressuring Malgus like this feels off, but nowadays I try not to judge Star Wars by such standards because the people behind the content are clearly not as obsessed with power levels as we are. The plot and spectacle are what always dictate the flow of the fights - the reason Malgus is able to one-shot three Jedi with a single spurt of lightning in the Deceived novel is because none them are relevant to the story whatsoever and only exist to serve as nameless casualties of battle, whereas here that would only make for an anticlimax and bring the narrative to a halt (also note how the Padawan is evenly matched with her Master in spite of the disparity in rank and consequently assumed disparity in strength: because the plot demands it). The creators wanted to dazzle the audience with epic lightsaber clashes, so that's what they did.

Besides that, I don't see what's supposed to be so egregious here. Malgus evidently didn't want to destroy the machine so I don't see why his lightning not damaging it would be an issue. He never strains himself or shows a substantial degree of exertion, so it's not like this caps him in any way. It's a visually cool trailer and lays down an engaging premise for the story - not that the writers are capable of ever delivering on anything - so for me it gets a pass.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top-notch in terms of quality, but that's to be expected at that point.

Malgus' combat performance however was just laughable. That nameless inquisitor performed better against the duo than Malgus. Though to be fair, power levels post Knights of the Eternal Throne are one giant clusterfuck.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who’s to say Malgus wasn’t holding back?

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top-notch in terms of quality, but that's to be expected at that point.

Malgus' combat performance however was just laughable. That nameless inquisitor performed better against the duo than Malgus. Though to be fair, power levels post Knights of the Eternal Throne are one giant clusterfuck.

Malgus was holding back, as you find out when you play the "expansion".