Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm back friends.

On my time on this site, I've noticed lowball concerning Superman's striking; there is this common misconception that Superman automatically uses his power every time he fights an opponent. However, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Unlike villains, Superman always has to take into account factors such as nearby citizens or even the area around him when he fights—so that people are not killed in the aftermath.

Villains on the other hand are not bound by a code of morality; they commit flagrant acts of violence regardless of the factors I listed above.

This is perfectly encapsulated by a comic panel from "The Man of Steel 2018". This was in the midst of battle between Superman and the fearsome Rogol Zagar:

No Caption Provided

Evidently from this comic panel, Superman holds back his punches. This is always seen in the first interaction between Superman and the Kryptonians in MoS (the movie). In the film, Faora clearly suggests Clark's inability to use full power due to his morality (and desire to help those around him): "Your weak son of El...The fact that you possess a sense of morality gives us an evolutionary advantage"-Faora

With Superman, it's a matter of how much he is holding back—in most cases.

No Caption Provided

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruh the number of discussions regarding this are transfinite in number.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interesting

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is common knowledge and it is very useful because anyone who disregards it should be considered biased and not debating in good faith.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel like this is common knowledge and it is very useful because anyone who disregards it should be considered biased and not debating in good faith.

Welcome back man!

No Caption Provided

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This city would tip over on it's"- City level Punch ? Damn cool.

OT: Nice

lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't agree more brother.

Dramus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is excessively reiterated in almost every pre-52 Superman issue. Though, he still doesn't have many impressive striking feats.