Superman using the spear himself vs all the decisions the avengers/gotg made in IW -- which was dumber???

• 87 results
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Superman using the spear himself vs all the decisions the avengers/gotg made in IW -- which was dumber??? (73 votes)

Superman 38%
Avengers 62%

Specifically, Star-Lord not being able to wait 5 seconds, the space avengers/gotg trying to physically remove the gauntlet instead of using portals, and Cap persuading Vision to live vs DCEU Superman deciding to risk his own life using the spear.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4
deactivated-5bae6e10f11f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: If someone doesn’t understand why Superman made that decision, they don’t understand Superman... period

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4 said:

Only goal was to point out how stupid your thread is. It's your fault you got so mad I pointed it out. Keep blathering on buddy.

Jesus, I don't think you have the mental capacities to even begin think abstractly. What you see is all you get, I guess. Shame. Lol, well, you accomplished your goal, you used words to point out your opinion. Congrats. I'll keep blathering on though so troll elsewhere.

Ahh, the battle-cry of someone who can't actually argue the point. Your thread is trash, your arguments are flimsy. And you're too butthurt to admit it, or even try to argue your points. Good luck buddy.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: Batman had absolutely NO CHANCE of killing Doomsday. He was outmatched in every way possible. he was actually in the middle of three godlike beings duking it out. He was a liability pretty much. It was done right that all he could do was far range attacks and ducking for dear life.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: Batman had absolutely NO CHANCE of killing Doomsday. He was outmatched in every way possible. he was actually in the middle of three godlike beings duking it out. He was a liability pretty much. It was done right that all he could do was far range attacks and ducking for dear life.

The HISHE makes a good case for batman.

https://youtu.be/pTuyfQ5CR4Q?t=263

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4 said:
@blackdog2009 said:

The HISHE makes a good case for batman.

https://youtu.be/pTuyfQ5CR4Q?t=263

HISHE batman is way beyond omnipotent considering that he soloed entire CBM villains.

Loading Video...

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Neither are stupid. Quill's was in character Superman's was heroic.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ww could've used the spear....

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't really see what was so stupid about DCEU Superman deciding to risk his own life using the spear, after all, it's not Martha scene.

Star-Lord, yeah, his f...ed up level is over 9000.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Every decision in BvS was dumb.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole DCEU was a dumb decision... ???

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People must really hate the DCEU if they selected Superman....

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was Superman's decision stupid? What other choice did he have, let Doomsday keep smashing everything he saw?

As much as I love Infinity War, you can't deny loads of stupid decisions were made int he movie, namely 1) Gamora giving up the soul stone 2) The Avengers not sacrificing the mind stone when they had the chance and 3) as everyone knows by this point, Star-Lord losing his temper with Thanos.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given Superman's last encounter with a superhero, it was probably for the best to just charge in an kill Doomsday without wasting time.

I voted the Avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic book characters are dumb. Period.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68 krisbishop  Moderator

What about Superman's decision was dumb?

I can see cases made for the Avengers, but Superman? Come on, there's a limit to blindly hating DCEU.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themaximus: No she could not have as it is shown in justice league,she neither has the strength or the speed to do so apart from the fact that she cannot fly and superman barely could do it after giving all in.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke512:

Ignore the spear for a second. People like to say avengers has dumb decisions but lets look at bvs as a whole?

Bats is mad at supes for defending metropolis. So he goes and nearly kills him only to stop because their moms share the same name(wtf)

Lex is mad at supes why? Because he has superpowers? There was absolutely no reason for him to hate supes as much as he did(boring)

Superman couldve stopped batman right there instead of lead him on and go easy on hi(Bad decision)

From man of steel. What was stopping him from saving pa kent?(bad decision)

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was Superman's decision stupid? What other choice did he have, let Doomsday keep smashing everything he saw?

As much as I love Infinity War, you can't deny loads of stupid decisions were made int he movie, namely

1) Gamora giving up the soul stone

wth? 1 she loves and cares for her sister and knew there was no way for thanos to get it so she pretty much brought him there to gloat. Once revealed that he does actually love her, she had no choice but to die.

2) The Avengers not sacrificing the mind stone when they had the chan

ce

so ignore all possibilities in saving vision instead just kill him in hopes that thanos couldn't still achieve his goals with 5 stones yeah that makes sense.

3) as everyone knows by this point, Star-Lord losing his temper with Thanos.

which was 100% in character. Quill lost his mom, had to kill his father, and lost his step father. He loved gamora more than anything and was venting his frustration.

A lot of stupid stuff happens in BvS. Only reason its not discussed is because its a bad film. But dont sit here and pick apart infinity war when supes has made terrible decisions in the past.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster said:

As much as I love Infinity War, you can't deny loads of stupid decisions were made int he movie, namely

1) Gamora giving up the soul stone

wth? 1 she loves and cares for her sister and knew there was no way for thanos to get it so she pretty much brought him there to gloat. Once revealed that he does actually love her, she had no choice but to die.

2) The Avengers not sacrificing the mind stone when they had the chan

ce

so ignore all possibilities in saving vision instead just kill him in hopes that thanos couldn't still achieve his goals with 5 stones yeah that makes sense.

3) as everyone knows by this point, Star-Lord losing his temper with Thanos.

which was 100% in character. Quill lost his mom, had to kill his father, and lost his step father. He loved gamora more than anything and was venting his frustration.

A lot of stupid stuff happens in BvS. Only reason its not discussed is because its a bad film. But dont sit here and pick apart infinity war when supes has made terrible decisions in the past.

1. First off, anyone loving Nebula is stupid in and of themselves. Even Nebula's mom has probably disowned her by now. And anyway, even if Gamora thought there was only a small chance of Thanos actually getting the soul stone, she shouldn't have taken it. One life is not as important as half the universe.
  2. Yes, it actually does make sense. Thanos needed all 6 infinity stones, they were his only reason for even coming to Earth. If they had simply destroyed the mind stone and killed Vision when they had the chance, no battle of Wakanda, and no snap.
  3. Yeah, that's my point, he was just a child venting his frustration. He acted incredibly selfishly and chidish.

All the while, I still don't get why Superman attacking Doomsday was a bad decision at all. Doomsday needed to die, kryptonite was the only way to kill him, and no one but Superman could have stabbed him with the kryptonite. What was their other option?

If anything, Superman's decision is the kind of decision the Avengers needed to make in order to stop Thanos. Superman understood that for the sake of the greater good, self-sacrifice has to be made. The Avengers didn't realize that until after the snap.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: "any one loving nebula is stupid" youre heartless dude you really are. Ive noticed that with a lot of people that favor the dceu. You guys dont care for emotion which makes for great story telling. And also becuase vision wasnt telling everybody that the stone should be destroyed? Dont you think if vision could do it himself he would? Please try harder.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Transformaa

Thor not going for the head is far worse.!.He literally just watched Thanos talk shyt and snap his fingers lol..The way people wank Thor strength. why didn't he just rip his arm off or lightning blast his face? Or even snap his neck..Thanos was already weak and Thor was face to face with him as he watched him take half the universe.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: "any one loving nebula is stupid" youre heartless dude you really are. Ive noticed that with a lot of people that favor the dceu. You guys dont care for emotion which makes for great story telling. And also becuase vision wasnt telling everybody that the stone should be destroyed? Dont you think if vision could do it himself he would? Please try harder.

Buddy, I'm going to be honest; you sound like a fanboy getting riled up simply because I said something wasn't perfect.

No superhero movie is perfect, all have some kind of flaw. Even The Dark Knight, my favorite superhero of all time, has a handful (namely the action; as great as Christopher Nolan is, that man cannot direct an action scene to save his life).

Pointing out flaws doesn't make someone a fanboy. Going to great lengths to dispel any flaws, no matter how small, that makes someone a fanboy.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheMaximus

@mrmonster: When did i say the film was perfect? The film is FAR from perfect, im pointing out claims you make which can be justified. Whos riled up? Infinity war is a great movie and i knew people were going to nitpick.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Star Lord did nothing wrong ( Or he did but literally any other character in the MCU or DCEU save for a few of them would of done the same thing)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themaximus said:

Buddy, I'm going to be honest; you sound like a fanboy getting riled up simply because I said something wasn't perfect.

No superhero movie is perfect, all have some kind of flaw. Even The Dark Knight, my favorite superhero of all time, has a handful (namely the action; as great as Christopher Nolan is, that man cannot direct an action scene to save his life).

Pointing out flaws doesn't make someone a fanboy. Going to great lengths to dispel any flaws, no matter how small, that makes someone a fanboy.

The action scenes in the dark knight were excellent and fit with the tone of the film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themaximus:

Gamora is a hypocrite.

Vision dies = Universe saved

In character means nothing, Star Lord still screwed up.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: please do...

Because there's been blatant and unjustified hate for Superman, and by extension, the DCEU from their inception. Simply go on YouTube for the clips of Pa Kent having a talk with Clark after he saves the kids or Clark killing Zod and go to the comment section. There's so much hate even after the concepts have been thoroughly explained.

I myself thought the scene with Pa talking to Clark was bad because in my head I was asking what kind of father tells his child he should let people die when he's fully capable of saving them. But Jonathan clearly was hesitant in his answer to Clark because he truly did not know how to raise a practical demigod without his life being drastically changed once the world found out about him, and that idea is expanded upon in BvS with the whole world having a debate whether or not to trust him or if he even needs to be there. This brings in the core difference between DCEU Clark and Reeve's Clark

DCEU Superman is different from Reeve's Superman and the true differences for them are;

• The way the world reacts to them
  • The choices they have to make

A character's development is largely molded by how their environment reacts to them and in Reeve's case, they accepted him and loved him after all he did for them, almost never once questioning his morals or motives. In the case of Cavill's he's been put into question since he was a child trying to help people and even worse when he chooses Earth over his own people and planet and the world automatically distrusts him-- this is the more realistic approach to such a character that can wipe us all out effortlessly.

The choices they had to make aren't even equal because in Reeve's case, they had that Golden Age atmosphere where there was always an easy way out of a tough situation. For Cavill, his writer's forced him into tough situations with no easy way out and was thereby forced to make a tough choice-- this actually builds and truly defines a character's ethics, morals, limits, etc.

This doesn't necessarily say which character is better than another, but people simply couldn't accept a Superman that did what Cavill's did despite this being a more realistic approach. We can actually sympathize his character with what he went through. But lots of people clearly didn't care about any of that because they were blinded by a vision of a character they already had in their head and were expecting to see.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching Infinity War, the audience got dumber.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I’ve always thought the criticism towards his Superman was dumb. We live in a whole different age nowadays than we did back then. The approach they took to them makes perfect sense. But who gets to decide when hate is unwarranted? I had no interest in the Avengers, I lost interest in the MCU after 2010. I didn’t see the Avengers until it came out on Blu Ray. After seeing it, I was pretty impressed but hardly blown away. I didn’t start really liking the MCU until TWS. Since then I have found many MCU films to be pretty overrated, and disappointing. However I still thoroughly love it, because it can be pretty great. Of course it has its own share of criticism, people call it dumb, simple, cookie cutter, etc. The guy above me is so salty he said Infinity War made the audience dumber. The MCU is clearly favored, but it has a great many critics. Now the same year the Avengers released, TDKR did as well. I was hyped as hell, and went to see that, and loved it. I love the TDK trilogy to this day. So when MOS was coming out I was looking forward to a new TDK level trilogy. I had no idea DC was making a cinematic universe. However when MOS came out my parents heard it sucked, and I was too young to drive so I never got to see it in theaters. I was pissed, but I ended up seeing it on Blu day later... and I didn’t like it. I’ve disliked every DCEU film since, except WW, which I loved.

So why did I tell you all this? Why should you give a damn, well you probably don’t. But my point is the MCU has had to earn my favor, whereas I really wanted to love the DCEU and yet I simply can’t. If someone hates the DCEU because it doesn’t fit their comic expectations that’s dumb. But if they dislike it because they don’t think it makes good films they are entitled to that. Since the majority of people seem to think that, why would the smaller group that disagrees not be the biased ones? Not everyone likes everything equally, in fact few do.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I’ve always thought the criticism towards his Superman was dumb. We live in a whole different age nowadays than we did back then. The approach they took to them makes perfect sense. But who gets to decide when hate is unwarranted? I had no interest in the Avengers, I lost interest in the MCU after 2010. I didn’t see the Avengers until it came out on Blu Ray. After seeing it, I was pretty impressed but hardly blown away. I didn’t start really liking the MCU until TWS. Since then I have found many MCU films to be pretty overrated, and disappointing. However I still thoroughly love it, because it can be pretty great. Of course it has its own share of criticism, people call it dumb, simple, cookie cutter, etc. The guy above me is so salty he said Infinity War made the audience dumber. The MCU is clearly favored, but it has a great many critics. Now the same year the Avengers released, TDKR did as well. I was hyped as hell, and went to see that, and loved it. I love the TDK trilogy to this day. So when MOS was coming out I was looking forward to a new TDK level trilogy. I had no idea DC was making a cinematic universe. However when MOS came out my parents heard it sucked, and I was too young to drive so I never got to see it in theaters. I was pissed, but I ended up seeing it on Blu day later... and I didn’t like it. I’ve disliked every DCEU film since, except WW, which I loved.

So why did I tell you all this? Why should you give a damn, well you probably don’t. But my point is the MCU has had to earn my favor, whereas I really wanted to love the DCEU and yet I simply can’t. If someone hates the DCEU because it doesn’t fit their comic expectations that’s dumb. But if they dislike it because they don’t think it makes good films they are entitled to that. Since the majority of people seem to think that, why would the smaller group that disagrees not be the biased ones? Not everyone likes everything equally, in fact few do.

Funnily enough I agree with you. I don't love the DCEU because it evolved into something pretty stupid, but it had many critics and haters from the jump like I said earlier. I was on board for MoS and BvS, but after that, they lost me.

Who gets to decide when the hate is unwarranted you ask? Anyone who can see invalid arguments. This is why I brought up the points for Reeve in comparison to Cavill. You can notice the hypocrisy in both of their final scenes with Zod. Both of them kill Zod, but only one gets flak for it, despite the one getting flak having to make a tough choice in stark contrast to one who did it to a powerless and thus non-threatening enemy.

I feel as though people can not like a film for whatever they like, but in the end most have reasons and they've given reasons for not liking MoS and most of the time it's just a failure on their part for not paying attention to the movie or the point of what the characters are getting at. I've recently posted another thread explaining to someone about how their perception of DCEU Pa Kent is skewed since for them to come to the conclusions that they have (being a terrible father for telling his son to let people die), they really had to miss a lot of what he said throughout his scenes in the film. These are the kinds of invalid arguments and unwarranted hate I'm referring to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: it does get old. People blow it way out of proportion. But can you honestly tell me Suicide Squad doesn’t deserve its hate? I think that the DCEU has a stigma attached to it that is doesn’t completely deserve. But it sort of does at the same time. I also think there is unwarranted hate for the MCU

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@variant06: I think the only good movies from the DCEU are MoS, BvS & WW. SS & JL are trash and so much justice ironically enough. I think it's the unwarranted hate the franchise got in droves that lead it up to the crap pile its in now. They tried something else when they should've stuck to the tone they had and keep trying to bring Clark to become the Superman we know and not just throw him into it like they did.

I haven't seen much unwarranted hate for the MCU, to be honest. Unless its on this website only.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themaximus: Alright

Batman hated superman in Bvs because of all the destruction he caused in one fight and was going to cause in the future.We can see the destruction doomsday caused too and the best way he thought was to kill him to stop all of it.Superpowered enemies were coming after superman came and it's true and batman blamed him for that.

As for lex luthor hating supes,think about Bruce Wayne a 9 year old travelling around the world and learning every available martial arts and becoming a master at it and than suddenly a 10 year old girl with half his skills and way less feats stomps people way above her tier and all batman does is kisses her ass all the time due to 6 bullet dodging scans and body reading and superspeed(somehow) and people look at her like the best thing ever since sliced bread, it would piss batman off just like it pisses me off and with Lex Luthor and superman this hate becomes multiplied by million.Everything lex can do superman can do it better because he has power.If luthor saves 100 people due to his intelligence supes can save 10000+ due to his powers so the reason for luthor hate.

Superman was done by the time he got gassed,he should have speedblitzed or heat visioned batman when he had the chance.

I have no idea why PA Kent refused to be saved,maybe someone would see young Clark has powers and would report to some dangerous people that would put his life in danger.

But none of this matters because op has specifically asked about the spear scene and not the rest of the movie.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah supes is understandable it was the only way what should he have done given it to Lois ha.

Still the Starlord F-up really takes the cake worst he had to nerve to come back and ask if they lost like really brah. Cap's decision guy was always a hypocrite Tony called that one right no problem risking his life but when some one wants to do it yea no. He sure had no issues risking the lives of the people of Wakana too come on man.

Then you have loki stealing the tesseract and not using it, Thor really not aiming for the head and hulk not angry that he lost. Still it made a great plot though.