johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnny_mist

Edit: (4th Dec. 2016)

The humans unintentionally inhaled as little as possible.

Superman intentionally inhaled millions/billions of times more. (The entire cloud that comes out of the huge orb.)

The famous sneeze that destroyed a solar system.

I try not to get involved in stuff like this. I enjoy reading Superman comics as I do other powerful heroes. But I saw the scan for the first time today and couldn't help but comment on it.

The entire page is drawn and written to emphasize the sneeze happens to the extent it does because of "5th dimensional magic" powder. It couldn't be more literal and blatant.

(The scan:)

Superman looks down and see's people unintentionally inhaling a cloud of something.

Mr Mxyzptlk says (quote)

" Tee-hee! I did it all with my 5th dimensional magic, super-sap! "

Superman thinks (quote)

" I'm swiftly inhaling all the sneezing powder in through my nostrils! "

Superman intentionally inhales the entire cloud, thousands/millions of times more than any individual human did.

Mr Mxyzptlk

" Okay, Super-ham! You asked for it! You're invulnerable to everything - - Except my magical powers"

Superman flies off and sneezes.

How much clearer could it be? How many more times did they have to mention magic?

Everything about this is deliberately and literally saying the sneeze happened to the extent it did because of the massive amount of magical powder Mr Mxyzptlk tricked Superman into inhaling.

If this was a moderate sized "feat" Superman "vs fans" would admit in a second it was because of the (quote) "5th dimensional magic" and move on to a feat without an outside force. But because it is Superman's biggest destruction feat this one page being misinterpreted (perhaps deliberately so) stops many intelligent“vs” conversations.

No matter how tight you have your blinders on there’s absolutely no way to deny this has far too much outside influence to be considered an actual feat.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/aKt8ySe.jpg

No Caption Provided

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man, what a revolutionary counterargument to this scan that I have never ever seen before.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By johnny_mist

It's the first time I've seen then scan but I did a bit of Googling and can't see any intelligent discussion about it.

Just DC and DBZ fans cussing at each other.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

not a battle

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a battle

It still seems like the logical forum for it.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Incredible.

It's almost as if this Feat has been gone over dozens of time.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, my first time seeing this debunk.

Also, did Supes actually fly to a different universe in the span of what looks like a couple seconds? Because that feat is probably just as good tbh

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem: are those people blowing down houses, cars, other people? Are they just having a sneezing fit, a normal regular sneezing feat (obviously induced by Myx)?

If they are... what does it mean for Superman? Does Myx powder make him sneeze harder than normal like the people? If it is normal sneezing... does that mean Supes can sneeze a solar system or close to it?

How much, based on the past human examples, did Myx sneezing powder amplify sneezing power on people? Then how much did it amplify Superman?

good day

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

lol I've seen that one before.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnny_mist
@theonetaichou said:

Problem: are those people blowing down houses, cars, other people? Are they just having a sneezing fit, a normal regular sneezing feat (obviously induced by Myx)?

If they are... what does it mean for Superman? Does Myx powder make him sneeze harder than normal like the people? If it is normal sneezing... does that mean Supes can sneeze a solar system or close to it?

How much, based on the past human examples, did Myx sneezing powder amplify sneezing power on people? Then how much did it amplify Superman?

good day

@theonetaichou:

The humans unintentionally inhaled as little as possible. (A few grains.)

Superman intentionally inhaled millions of times more. (The entire cloud.)

Problem solved 100%.

Thanks for letting me clear that up.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget there is another scan of SA Superman sneezing regularly and none of this nonsense happens.

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@johnny_mist: This thread shouldn't be in battle thread. Superman isn't against any opponent. Move this to the general discussion forum.

But good job on the debunk, although I think others have mentioned this before.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love that feat also not a battle

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only time people seem to refer to this is in VS battles so decided to put it here. I'll move it now.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By johnny_mist

The fact the planets seem to be the size of beach balls is just a drawing error I'm guessing? There's no panel(s) that explain that?

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly here is another sneeze and it did nothing

No Caption Provided

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Loading Video...

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you don't say.....its is obvious, i mean normal humans sneezes were blowing away cars, this is a non thread just the occasional ignonrant suser uses yhis as a thread

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ratava

theres nothing shown in that comic to assume that myx sneezing powder increased the power of supermans sneezing, thanks to that powder he just sneezes uncontrollable

@royal_warrior said:

Well you don't say.....its is obvious, i mean normal humans sneezes were blowing away cars, this is a non thread just the occasional ignonrant suser uses yhis as a thread

nope - there are no cars being blown away, we just see normal humans sneezing uncontrollable

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: there was literily two pages of humans sneezing and one blew away a car and another uprooted a tree, i dont get how you can be so wrong

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratava: there was literily two pages of humans sneezing and one blew away a car and another uprooted a tree, i dont get how you can be so wrong

not in action comics #273 where the story with myx sneezing powder happened....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

thats all about the incident

so where does a car get blown away or a tree uprooted?

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou said:

good day

@theonetaichou:

Problem solved 100%.

Again the problem is not solved...

How do you know the humans unintentionally inhaled as little as possible? Were the humans trying to regulate how much they inhaled? Is there a human who can do that, especially the first ones who fell victim to Myx's sneezing powder? Did those humans sneeze more, or with greater power, than the humans who inhaled as little as possible? If they didn't then how I fail to see how you arrive at the conclusion that Superman's sneezing was greatly amplified, or more amplified than normal.

Again you have yet to show causality and destructive capability between the sneezing powder and the power of the sneeze other than the powder inducing a regular sneeze, you also have yet to show that amount correlates to power especially with the regard that sneezing is, by all intents and purposes, an involuntary action.

Just asking...

good day

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By johnny_mist

@theonetaichou said:
@johnny_mist said:
@theonetaichou said:

good day

@theonetaichou:

Problem solved 100%.

Again the problem is not solved...

How do you know the humans unintentionally inhaled as little as possible? Were the humans trying to regulate how much they inhaled? Is there a human who can do that, especially the first ones who fell victim to Myx's sneezing powder? Did those humans sneeze more, or with greater power, than the humans who inhaled as little as possible? If they didn't then how I fail to see how you arrive at the conclusion that Superman's sneezing was greatly amplified, or more amplified than normal.

Again you have yet to show causality and destructive capability between the sneezing powder and the power of the sneeze other than the powder inducing a regular sneeze, you also have yet to show that amount correlates to power especially with the regard that sneezing is, by all intents and purposes, an involuntary action.

Just asking...

good day

Your being silly and desperate.

Why on earth would any of the humans deliberately inhale a mystery cloud of something that makes them sneeze?

It stands to reason that Superman would sneeze much harder having being tricked into inhaling such a massive amount of the magical powder. This is simply something that happens in life and in comics (more fuel = more output).

^ It sounds like this happened in another story with Mxy's sneezing powder. This is a second smoking gun people need to universally admit this feat has far too much of an influence from Mxy.

Edit: It's ludicrous to consider but I'll bite, if hypothetically a human was intentionally inhaling the magic powder it would still be a tiny, tiny fraction of what Superman inhaled (look at the size of the ball it's millions of times more powder than could be inhaled by a normal human.)

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnny_mist

@ratava said:
@royal_warrior said:

not in action comics #273 where the story with myx sneezing powder happened....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

thats all about the incident

so where does a car get blown away or a tree uprooted?

Wow that ball was absolutely enormous, I hadn't seen that page before.

Superman inhales even more magical powder than I originally thought. That would be billions of times more than the humans judging by the first page.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By johnny_mist

@wbr17 said:
No Caption Provided

Come on man I'm paying per megabyte :P

I feel I've proven my (and many others) point from every possible angle. But a minute debating something like this is a minute not doing something truly useful or entertaining.

breakyourballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The famous Superman feat, debunked!! LOL

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your being silly and desperate.

Why on earth would any of the humans deliberately inhale a mystery cloud of something that makes them sneeze?

No I am not, I assure you of that. If you are going to move from humans having an induced sneezing fit, besides being induced, that does nothing, no amplification of the power of the sneezes, you will be hard pressed to prove your case that, besides being induced, Superman's sneezes are not that powerful. You are jumping to conclusions, and you must, because you cannot disprove the alternative - Myx's powder induced sneezing in humans and Superman, it did not amplify the power the sneezes in humans and you have no case it did the same to Superman.

As for humans deliberately inhaling - firstly Superman used his microscopic vision to see the cloud (panel 1 in your scan) ergo the humans could not see it. They were inhaling normally. Again - did the humans sneeze away cars, houses or was it just fits of uncontrollable normal sneezes?

It stands to reason that Superman would sneeze much harder having being tricked into inhaling such a massive amount of the magical powder. This is simply something that happens in life and in comics (more fuel = more output).

... no friend, nothing stands to reason as of yet. Superman sneezing harder has not been proven. Because you end up at the same problem - you have yet to show that 1: Myx's sneezing gas amplifies the power of sneezes (it doesn't in humans), 2: you need to show that the power of a sneeze is directly proportional to the amount of sneezing powder taken (and you cannot show this).

1. Humans inhaled sneezing powder caused uncontrollable sneezing fits - normal sneezes, no sneeze power amplification was ever observed in the scan.
  2. Prove "more fuel = more output" with regards to sneezing powder because, unless you are assuming even distribution of sneezing powder in Metropolis = everyone sneezes the same, people closer to where the sneezing powder was pouring out would obviously experience a higher concentration of the sneezing powder. Did those people sneeze cars away? If they also had no abnormal sneeze powers then you would be hard pressed to prove "more fuel = more output". And unfortunately you cannot prove that.

By the way, in life and in comics, "more fuel = more output", it's why we have hax and such. Also I am pretty sure if I dumped you in a pepper silo you are not going to sneeze the silo down. Points to ponder...

good day

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnny_mist

If a human intentional sniffed finely crushed pepper they would sneeze harder than if a tiny particle entered there nose (in which they may not sneeze at all.) But that's only part of the equation where dealing a Mr Mxyzptlk who has near limitless magical power.

Everything has to be a combination of real life logic meets comic book logic when your dealing with super beings and a massive amount of magic.

It would be hard to find a single comic book author or unbiased reader that would not equate inhaling/digesting/injecting a ludicrously massive amount of magic with an exaggerated reaction.

Your desperate and not reading it how it's blatantly intended and literally written.

I've made my point perfectly and I feel like your trolling me now or simply clutching at straws and wasting my time.

Good day

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_mist:

Lol no. The powder caused superman to sneeze. The magical powder was the equivalent to a face full of black pepper for a normal person. The magic powder didn't AMP superman or anything hence why he calls it MY Super-Sneeze.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

##

Don't forget there is another scan of SA Superman sneezing regularly and none of this nonsense happens.

@houseshm said:

No Caption Provided

Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder and besides that's Superman Jr. from Super-Sons. It clearly says so in the scan lol. Besides @ratava cleared it up with scans from action comics # 273. So the sneezing away a solar system is a solid (stupid) feat.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By johnny_mist

@heatforce said:

@johnny_mist:

Lol no. The powder caused superman to sneeze. The magical powder was the equivalent to a face full of black pepper for a normal person. The magic powder didn't AMP superman or anything hence why he calls it MY Super-Sneeze.

Anyone who stops and thinks about how people actually talk can explain this.

If someone says "Welcome to my city" it would be silly for people assume that means he created the city with his mind when it's simply what people say in real life when they feel some sort of ownership. The mayor would say it for example.

Of course Superman says "my super-sneeze." Any amped character is still going to say "feel my wrath" etc. because it's naturally what they would say.

If Superman had said (mid sneeze) "the super-sneeze that Mr Mxyzptlk amplified" it would look unnatural.

Stop and think about all the times my is used in real world conversations.

^ I hope people read this because it applies to a lot of arguments.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Heatforce

@

@johnny_mist said:
@heatforce said:

@johnny_mist:

If someone says "Welcome to my city" it would be silly for people assume that means he created the city with his mind when it's simply what people say in real life when they feel some sort of ownership. The mayor would say it for example.

Of course Superman says "my super-sneeze." Any amped character is still going to say "feel my wrath" etc. because it's naturally what they would say.

If Superman had said (mid sneeze) "the super-sneeze that Mr Mxyzptlk amplified" it would look unnatural.

This was the silverage where they said things like "great scott" or "you dastardly fiend!"

Superman refers to his powers a lot like his Super-Weaving or Super-Mathmatics so while I get your logic, you're reading into this particular issue incorrectly hence my black pepper comparrison:

If you throw normal sneezing powder in Superman's face he won’t sneeze

But since Superman has no invulnerabilities to magic then logically, magic sneezing powder would make Superman sneeze, especially with the quantity he inhaled i.e. the more regular sneezing powder you inhale would cause you to sneeze more. Same regarding Silverage supes but the powder must be magic in nature. No ampage occurred, it’s a good feat. Besides he tanked a big bang and broke a structure that survived a big bang so his sneezing away a solar system is nothing compared to the latter.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silver age supes did so much ridiculous shit that i would believe that he could do that sneeze thing even without myxy. i mean the guy flew so fast that spectre had to stop him and said his was flying so fast it was starting to threaten the universe lol

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By johnny_mist

@heatforce said:

##

@green_skaar said:

@houseshm said:

No Caption Provided

Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder and besides that's Superman Jr. from Super-Sons. It clearly says so in the scan lol. Besides @ratava cleared it up with scans from action comics # 273. So the sneezing away a solar system is a solid (stupid) feat.

@heatforce said:

@

@johnny_mist said:
@heatforce said:

@johnny_mist:

This was the silverage where they said things like "great scott" or "you dastardly fiend!"

Superman refers to his powers a lot like his Super-Weaving or Super-Mathmatics so while I get your logic, you're reading into this particular issue incorrectly hence my black pepper comparrison:

But since Superman has no invulnerabilities to magic then logically, magic sneezing powder would make Superman sneeze, especially with the quantity he inhaled i.e. the more regular sneezing powder you inhale would cause you to sneeze more. Same regarding Silverage supes but the powder must be magic in nature. No ampage occurred, it’s a good feat. Besides he tanked a big bang and broke a structure that survived a big bang so his sneezing away a solar system is nothing compared to the latter.

Your doing more to prove my point than yours.

Even though your arguing against me you proved by saying "Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder"that that indeed is what people would naturally think.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think your better off arguing the feat is inconsistent rather than superman was amped.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

##

@green_skaar said:

@houseshm said:

No Caption Provided

Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder

@heatforce said:

@

@johnny_mist said:
@heatforce said:

@johnny_mist:

No because the sneeze was Superman's, the sneezing powder caused him to sneeze. In other words if Superman were to sneeze normally (without magic powder) he may be able to stop himself, however, the same effect would occur if he didn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

##

@green_skaar said:

@houseshm said:

No Caption Provided

@heatforce said:

@

@johnny_mist said:
@heatforce said:

@johnny_mist:

Even though your arguing against me you proved by saying "Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder"that that indeed is what people would naturally think.

Lol but that was a point I made to a scan that had nothing to do with silverage Superman in the first place. Maybe if Superman breathed in a little of the magic powder he could have held off the sneeze but because he did a cities worth, he had to sneeze. Simple as that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I know Silver Age Superman has insane feats. I'm just saying that people who argue against Silver Age Superman are better off arguing the feat is inconsistent rather than he was amped.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By johnny_mist

I added this as you were typing I think you missed it.

Even though your arguing against me you said:

"Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder"

^ You just showed what people would naturally think..

Proving this is because of Mxy has been done from multiple angles now.

And saying it's not a big feat by SA Supes standards is nonsense, it's totally disproportionate to all his other destructive feats.

I recently read a comic where King Kull with Mxy's power and Dr Silvia with the Rock of Eternity's power didn't budge when being hit by SA Supes. He has ludicrous moving strength but this is by far his biggest destructive feat, more so than his hardest punches which again shows Mxy's influence.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Heatforce

@johnny_mist said:

Even though your arguing against me you proved by saying "Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder" that that indeed is what people would naturally think.

And saying it's not a big feat by SA Supes standards is nonsense, it's totally disproportionate to all his other destructive feats.

I recently read a comic where King Kull with Mxy's power and Dr Silvia with the Rock of Eternity's power didn't budge when being hit by SA Supes. He has ludicrous moving strength but this is by far his biggest destructive feat, more so than his hardest punches which again shows Mxy's influence.

UMm no he destroyed a structure that survived the big bang

And no the only people who agree with this is like you and one or two other people on this thread.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

he was not amped, jesus christ stop beating a dead horse.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_mist said:

Even though your arguing against me you proved by saying "Probably because he didn't have to inhale a city's worth of powder" that that indeed is what people would naturally think.

And no the only person who agrees with this is like you and one or two other people on this thread.

Come on bro, how old are you?

In terms of scale this is the biggest thing he has destroyed bar none. This is the thing people parrot in vs forums.

Google it there are at least as many people who think it is a non feat.

You've actually proved my point in your own words, people naturally think it was because of the magical powder.

johnny_mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he was not amped, jesus christ stop beating a dead horse.

That is not the consensus. Perhaps Superman "fans" exhaust unbiased fans into submission but the majority of people who know Mxy's power would conclude it's because of Mxy. A child would say it was because of the magical dust.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How about posting scans of the people sneezing away cars and trees? That would debunk it.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
@johnny_mist said:

And no the only person who agrees with this is like you and one or two other people on this thread.

Come on bro, how old are you? Old nuff

In terms of scale this is the biggest thing he has destroyed bar none. This is the thing people parrot in vs forums. Umm a Universe lvl feat > a Solar system feat. He pushed his way through a big bang to destroy a structure that was tanking the energies. Here is a link

Google it there are at least as many people who think it is a non feat. I'm waiting on why superman can have super-mathmatics and super-weaving but you had to pull a mental leap to explain why superman refering to the sneeze as MY Super-Sneezewas his was of showing Mxy amped the sneeze -_-

You've actually proved my point in your own words, people naturally think it was because of the magical powder. No I stated I spoke incorrectly regarding a panel that showed Superman Jr., not Pre-crisis Superman. Stop twisting my words. Superman also inhaled a huge amount of Joker gas, guess what! He didn't laugh....