Superman never got a new animated series?

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The last major solo Superman animated series was the 1990's DCAU show. its been a long time and its like Warner Bros and DC comics do not care for the character. When the 2013 Man of Steel movie came out, I thought that it would get popular enough to inspire an animated series based on the Man of Steel. Sadly that never happened as it was seen as a big letdown for a reboot that had no impact and just faded into obscurity.

Why is it so hard to give Superman a new animated series?.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True letdown and straight up murder happened when WB released BvS. Just saying...

Still, there are enough enough of DC animated movies, especially recently when they were releasing his solo movies. Well, it's better not to mention their quality...

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True letdown and straight up murder happened when WB released BvS. Just saying...

Still, there are enough enough of DC animated movies, especially recently when they were releasing his solo movies. Well, it's better not to mention their quality...

I'm talking about them not giving Superman a new animated series with 52 or 65 episodes thats a kids show.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardly a loss, since somehow not a single CB animated series was as impactful and memorable for me as those 90's DCAU gems. Might be nostalgia talking...

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardly a loss, since somehow not a single CB animated series was as impactful and memorable for me as those 90's DCAU gems. Might be nostalgia talking...

The series Batman: The Brave and the Bold is remembered much better than Ultimate Spider-Man.

DC comics and Warner Bros were trying to claim Superman is not relevant these days, which makes no sense.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon was technically considered a Superman show.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As cattlebattle said, Legion of Superheroes had Superman in an important role and prominently featured him in advertisements.

There was a pitch to make a Superman family cartoon with Jon Kent a few years back, but for some utterly unexplainable reason, it didn't take.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon was technically considered a Superman show.

Thats a superhero team animated series, I'm talking about a Superman cartoon that only has a focus on Superman and no Legion of Superheroes in it as main characters. I mean one that only takes place at Supermans time frame with Superman cast of characters only.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhh he’s had his fair share of animated movies though

I'm not talking about animated movies, just animated series only.

PaleBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Other than Spider-Man and Batman most superheroes doesn't get a new animated series every 2 or 3 year.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@metalgary said:

The last major solo Superman animated series was the 1990's DCAU show. its been a long time and its like Warner Bros and DC comics do not care for the character. When the 2013 Man of Steel movie came out, I thought that it would get popular enough to inspire an animated series based on the Man of Steel. Sadly that never happened as it was seen as a big letdown for a reboot that had no impact and just faded into obscurity.

Wonder Woman never had an animated series lol get in Line

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalGary

@tobeymaguire84 said:
@metalgary said:

Wonder Woman never had an animated series lol get in Line

Superman got 4 different cartoons in the past.

1.1940's Fleischer Superman cartoons

2.1966 The New Adventures of Superman cartoon

3.1988 Superman cartoon

4.1996 Superman: The Animated Series

What the hell is stopping Warner Bros and DC comics from making a new superman cartoon series?.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgary: They probably don't trust it to perform well. The last straightforward DC superhero show was Justice League Action, and that lasted a single season before being pulled into shorts on Youtube.

When they do make Superman things, they're aiming them at young adults, like the animated movies and the live action shows. Given that they clearly are willing to create adaptations for him, I assume they have reliable data that the young adult market is more receptive to Superman stuff than the kids market (which might explain why they didn't produce the Superman family show when Rebirth was at its most popular).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

He had a television series that ran for like 10 seasons.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgary said:
@ready_4_madness said:

He had a television series that ran for like 10 seasons.

Your talking about the live action Smallville right, began in 2001 and ended 2011.

But still no sign of a new animated series.