Superman & Lois Discussion Thread | The CW

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@viking1205: To be fair it was synthetic Kryptonite...but yeah, still pretty good. Also I like how Edge's Kryptonians aren't just random people with powers of them, but actually Kryptonians put into the bodies(from the Phantom Zone perhaps?). Which means they more than likely know their abilities and how to use them and so when Superman fights them, it's not really going to be a weak showing.

Even moreso as implied and pretty much shown, the Kryptonians are already on his level(more or less). So Kal El is basically fighting....well himself in a way.

But regardless this was yet another good episode, Kyle is really getting screwed over though I feel bad for the guy. John and Jordan still being best bros to eachother, General Lane is still a good character, he's not a complete jerk, but you can understand where he's coming from.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Wolfrazer  Online

@gohindasuperman: Considering everything has changed, maybe it's not so anymore? Plus the showrunner did say that they weren't really holding to the other shows, so you could probably look at this as its own separate thing with perhaps some similarities running through.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Wolfrazer  Online

@gohindasuperman: Well if the writers are just doing their own thing and not really being pigeon held to the other shows, I dunno if those are plot holes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman took that kryptonite gas like a champ - what a huge durability feat for him

certaintly did far better than dceu supes did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that lois lane segment hit me in the feels though

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Wolfrazer  Online

@thorwins1875: Eh I dunno, he did seem affected by it, although I suppose it was only when it was being put directly into his face. Of course Lane did say that it was to soften him up for more traditional takeouts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: i think it's extremely impressive tbh - the kryptonite gas is confirmed some level denser than air because it immediately started sinking to the bottom of the room - which means every breath he took it consumed more volume in his lungs making it harder to breath by displacing regular air

average resting human breath is 500-600 mls per breath and 10-15 breaths per minute (5-7.5 litres)

superman isn't human, but using human stats

he choked down kryptonite gas onscreen for (27s 733ms) 27.73 seconds before speedblitzing that soldier

assuming 15 breaths per minute at 500 mls > 15 * 500 = 7,500 mls

27.43 / 60 * 100 = 46.21% > 7,500 / 100 * 46.21 = 3,465.75 mls

supes choked down a potential 3.46 litres of kryptonite gas and still had powers - pretty damn good feat tbh

btw - do you or anyone else know where exactly the DOD is located in the earth? supes went from DOD to kansas in like 1-2 seconds to save john, might be a nice new speed feat there too

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg I just watched the new episode. I am a mess rn

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@thorwins1875: Oh not saying it wasn't a good feat or nothing, far as where the DOD is not too sure. I was thinking Washington or Metropolis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yeah np - after some research metropolis is meant to be new jersey in real life

No Caption Provided

assuming metropolis is where the DOD is

distance from kansas to new jersey - 2,070.11 km
distance from kansas to new jersey - 2,070.11 km

speedblitz from DOD to Kansas
speedblitz from DOD to Kansas
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dL9DnB-dA
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dL9DnB-dA

S
= D/T

distance: 2,070.11 km
time: 2s 320ms

speed = 892,289m/s or 3,212,240.4 KPH or Mach 2,601.42

calculating a potential bullrush with that speed

KE = 1/2mv2

mass: (190 lbs / 2.205) 86.16 KG
velocity: 892,289m/s

kinetic energy = 34,299,419,732,165 Joules

1 ton of TNT = 4,184,000,000.00 J

(34,299,419,732,165 / 4,184,000,000.00) 8,197.75 Tons of TNT or 8.19 Kilotons of TNT

damn that episode had some decent af feats for clark - potential 8.19 kiloton bullrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gohindasuperman: haha, MCU characters have feats good too - i try to argue from quantifiable data more than blind franchise rallying

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bitsie Tulloch is a phenomenal actor. She killed it this episode.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By viking1205

This show is throwing a surprise in every episode.

So, Morgan Edge is Kal El's brother? Shocking reveal. I wonder if he meant it in terms of blood relation or just two survivors from Krypton.

My first guess is he could be H'El or someone with a similar backstory(I mean JHI's tag in the early stage of the season had HELL written on it) or is Edge going to be an original creation?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By The_Kidd

Hope Edge doesn't turn out to be Zod because that will be boring. Also are those Kryptonian spirits coming from; Phantom Zone? Another Universe?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool episode, really wishing morgan edge isn't just another cliche zod storyline - nice scenes for jordan tanking like 5 heat vision lasers in fortress +havingfreeze breath now

clark speedblitz to mexico = new speed record - 1,865.11 km / 1s 550 ms > 1,203,296.77 m/s or 4,331,868.37 kph or Mach 3,508.15

updated formula for potential bullrush power

KE = 1/2mv2

mass: (190 lbs / 2.205) 86.16 KG
velocity: 1,203,296.77 m/s

kinetic energy = 62,376,527,867,110 Joules > 14,908.34 Tons of TNTor14.90 KilotonsofTNT

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@the_kidd said:

Hope Edge doesn't turn out to be Zod because that will be boring. Also are those Kryptonian spirits coming from; Phantom Zone? Another Universe?

I was thinking the Phantom Zone myself, because it'd be strange that Edge could harness them from a completely different universe.....though I guess it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.

Still though, I do like this aspect, because Superman won't really have any low showings when fighting other Kryptonians, cause they'll basically be on his level in terms of ability and they won't be a newbie with their powers, since they are just Kryptonians inhabiting other bodies.

But man...this episode....can't wait til the next one.

Kyle no though! He was doing so well....

Elijahbane25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that this show is on Earth prime but it doesn't get to Involved with the other shows to be honest I like it that way it kinda reminds me of CW the originals only good CW show with not much crying in a way it's hard to explain tho on why I say that anyways good episode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijahbane25: well said - the writing, the cgi, the cast its all really good

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#182 KillerZ  Moderator

Stop the personal attacks and cursing. Move back to topic.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

I love that this show is on Earth prime but it doesn't get to Involved with the other shows to be honest I like it that way it kinda reminds me of CW the originals only good CW show with not much crying in a way it's hard to explain tho on why I say that anyways good episode

Well the showrunner did basically say they were doing their own thing. Which is great, so they can do basically whatever and not have to conform to what all the other shows are doing, which can make the show that much better.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs better feats

Crapser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Crapser

Well, I was doing research, and it turns out that I didn't find any HBO in the budget, so it seems that CW just said "mhhh, Superman will have a show, maybe we should make it successful." Besides that, the series is incredible. What I expect from the next episode is a moral debate between Morgan and Clark, and I hope that Superman makes the decision to side with the humans himself, mostly because in episode 7 Clark was a second away from leaving JHI in the hospital for the rest of the season. Although I like to think that Lois is one of the most essential parts of Clark's life, I want to see that he has already made the decision to protect humans. It also happens that I saw an inhuman amount of drama coming from Kyle arriving all beaten after disappearing, but Lana easily understood that something was wrong because Kyle wanted to change, I like that about the show, everything is so realistic but it has that essence of understanding between the characters. One more thing, Clark knocked Kyle out of town, that made me laugh

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Wolfrazer  Online

@el_mago: I dunno if Edge meant he was Kal-El's literal brother. But then again, since they came up with new characters for the show, this Superman having a brother wouldn't be too much of an issue.

@crapser: Pretty sure it was stated HBO was helping with the budget when the show was announced. The difference in everything compared to the other CW shows seems pretty big.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I thought only Zulians are actual phantoms ( if you still watch Supergirl ) and they are immune from depowering nature of Phantom Zone

Is that Pre or Post Crisis because the Show Runner stated they are not obligated to follow previous canon.

@crapser: Pretty sure it was stated HBO was helping with the budget when the show was announced. The difference in everything compared to the other CW shows seems pretty big.

I don't think it was ever stated HBO helps with the budget just they have deal with them for distribution similar to Star Girl.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Wolfrazer  Online

@the_kidd: Hm....well still, there is a clear budget difference. But I guess a sort of moot point, maybe CW is just pumping more money into this show compared to the others, along with different sort of writing, cause I kinda do get the vibes of Smalleville here(IE: Characters/enemies getting Kryptonite powers, just the difference is Kryptonians are being put into bodies instead).

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:
@gohindasuperman said:
@the_kidd said:

I thought only Zulians are actual phantoms ( if you still watch Supergirl ) and they are immune from depowering nature of Phantom Zone

Is that Pre or Post Crisis because the Show Runner stated they are not obligated to follow previous canon.

Well soon they will be forced to canonise because in 12th episode John Diggle appears to continue his Green Lantern storyline. I know it's starting with Batwoman, then there will be his ancestor in Legends ( maybe this will lead to GL as S6 is alien hunting across timeline ), then Superman & Lois, then The Flash and Supergirl at end.

S&L didn't de-canonize everything just selective about what they choose to follow. Crisis the scapegoat for inconsistency.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Superman and Lois?

Never heard of that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By viking1205

This episode felt like a finale to be honest. Now I wonder what else Edge has up his sleeve. He's similar to Zod in a way, but there's similarity between him and Clark as well, so that's better. Clark's Solar Flare that has as much energy as the Sun was pretty cool way to put the other kryps out of commission.

Emmanuelle Chrique killed it in the episode. The interactions between Kal and Lara, Lois and Lara and Lana volunteering were really done well.

Jonathan is slowly becoming my favorite character of the family. I like that he is tired of lying and keeping secrets and told it to Sarah(at least half of it).

Now that Superman can't be Superman for a temporary duration, lets hope Diggle gets a proper role when he makes cameo in 2 episodes.

Also, Clark probably got one of his best feats till date which is impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205:

Clark's Solar Flare that has as much energy as the Sun was pretty cool way to put the other kryps out of commission.

that's actually a pretty fucking huge feat for cw kryptonians - it gives us quantifiable data for how powerful their heatvision from a min-max perspective - in this case, max

The sun releases energy at a mass–energy conversion rate of 4.26 million metric tons per second, which produces the equivalent of 384.6 septillion watts (3.846×1026 W)
source: physics.org

small snippet of entire scene
small snippet of entire scene
his heatvision ran for a consecutive 17s 933 ms
his heatvision ran for a consecutive 17s 933 ms

384,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 / 17.933 = 21,446,495,000,000,000,000,000,000 joules per second or 5,125,835,325.04 megatonnes of tnt per second

that is actually absurd - to give you an idea you only need 3000 megatonnes to destroy the moon

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorwins1875: yeah, that's an insane amount of energy, how much amount of energy do you think were contributed from the rest of Edge's subjekts? We could see Clark fly away somewhere else (I'm guessing fortress) after the solar flare, so that indicates he didn't use up all the energy himself and the were more than 10 kryps who shot the eradicator machine simultaneously while Clark did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205:

how much amount of energy do you think were contributed from the rest of Edge's subjekts?

hard to quantify tbh - we've seen scenes where they were a match for clark (hotel scene 1v1 where supes needed to use freeze breath and speed blitz to win) and scenes were they just outright ran from him (cornfield chase)

even if you lowball them to even 1/10th clarks power, that's still an insane amount of energy in the hundreds of millions megatonne range assuming scale to a solar flare HV by statements

We could see Clark fly away somewhere else (I'm guessing fortress) after the solar flare, so that indicates he didn't use up all the energy himself and the were more than 10 kryps who shot the eradicator machine simultaneously while Clark did.

yeah i took the statements of scene at face value for the calc - he must of had something left in tank to fly away as we saw when kara went solarflare season 1 she was literally human moments later

Loading Video...

if i had to speculate - clark had enough energy to fly to fortress before collapsing from exhaustion - so maybe a few % points at best - we'll see next episode for sure though the damage and whether he's human or not