YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By YunoboGoronHero

@baalhaddad: @subline:

Do you think could this take place in the future like 12-13 years after Crisis on infinite earths event ? Because i am seriously confused now.

I guess General Lane and Morgan Edge recast is likely part of Crisis retcon.

But some things which have no sense:

1. Why Kara and Alex weren't at Martha's funeral ? His closest cousin should support him or i guess COVID-19 is reason of no crossing over.

2. WHy red heatvision ? I know this is comic accurate but in Crisis part 5 he already had blue heatvision. So why red now ? Usually blue is more powerful and hotter following real life physics E = hv or E = h*c/( lambda ).

3. Luthor is that Doomslayer guy ? Is that doppelganger from another Earth ?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RBT  Online

@yunobogoronhero: No, its just after Crisis.

As for Kara not being there, I guess you could say Covid is the reason. There were rules against mixing crew from different shows which is also the reason why the Superman and Lois/Batwoman crossover was cancelled.

Red heatvision is just an artistic choice. It didn't 'change' post crisis. They are pretending Superman always had red hv.

Its Captain Luthor, so its not necessarily Lex. However, given he said that he was from a world that was destroyed, he is likely from another Earth which was probably destroyed in Crisis.

Avatar image for yunobogoronhero
YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@yunobogoronhero: No, its just after Crisis.

So Kal-El is just fine with restored memories of previous versions of himself ? Honestly this is strange since Kal was confused when Lois was talking about 2 sons. Or maybe he can handle collective memories better than others. Lena, Laurel-2, Jennifer and paragons + some refugees are only survivors of Crisis without being retconned or harmed.

As for Kara not being there, I guess you could say Covid is the reason. There were rules against mixing crew from different shows which is also the reason why the Superman and Lois/Batwoman crossover was cancelled.

Honestly they could at least give stun doubles if Melissa and Chyler couldn't be here. J'onn just could be different actor/actress ( explanation is shapeshift )

Red heatvision is just an artistic choice. It didn't 'change' post crisis. They are pretending Superman always had red hv.

Very strange to me then, because even if they want to be artistic. I know this is about respecting fans, but they should at least respect continuity.

For instance i think if Jimmy Olsen must return shall this be same black man played by Mehcad Brooks since retcon can't change since Kelly Olsen is still same black woman ( it would be strange if Jimmy was white brother to black woman or this would be step brother )

Its Captain Luthor, so its not necessarily Lex. However, given he said that he was from a world that was destroyed, he is likely from another Earth which was probably destroyed in Crisis.

Or i guess this could be cousin of Lena and Lex. I can guess this could be also new husband of Lilian Luthor who gave him access to kryptonian technology

thewalterwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

n1 this could be an improvement over Smallville :P

thewalterwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Pilot is rated 8.7 that's pretty high, Imma watch it and see how good it really is.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so far so good.

DarthSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DarthSuper

I'm so glad they made the heat vision red, I hated the blue lazer crap. I don't care for the weak "bUt BlUe FiRe Is HoTtEr tHaN rEd FiRe!" Explanation from the Supergirl apologists either. Blue heat vision looks stupid. DC was never based in science anyways.

This show is not just better than Supergirl, it's a tier above the rest of the CW so far. It's kind of funny how both Superman shows are going to be better than the rest of the CW.

YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so glad they made the heat vision red, I hated the blue lazer crap. I don't care for the weak "bUt BlUe FiRe Is HoTtEr tHaN rEd FiRe!"

I know, but continuity is continuity. COIE part 5 Superman had blue one so there must be some explanation.

Explanation from the Supergirl apologists either. Blue heat vision looks stupid. DC was never based in science anyways.

Actual it's wrong. Sometimes they don't follow logic but entire Flash, Supergirl, Legends ( closing eye for mystic stuff ) is based on science. Tachyon, Quantum mechanics etc.

This show is not just better than Supergirl, it's a tier above the rest of the CW so far.

Does it include Arrow s1-2 and S5 ? To me it's on lvl on Lucifer Morningstar show

It's kind of funny how both Superman shows are going to be better than the rest of the CW.

I think CW finally learned after their biggest mistake/joke they have every created called: "Batwoman". They just thought shall they allow those liberal writers to stick to that show while professional people who read and understand comics. I only hope all of DC will finally realise meaning of that 4-word expression: "Get woke, Go broke"

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a pretty good pilot.

DarthSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsuper said:

I know, but continuity is continuity. COIE part 5 Superman had blue one so there must be some explanation.

It could be a late crisis change that just started taking place.

Actual it's wrong. Sometimes they don't follow logic but entire Flash, Supergirl, Legends ( closing eye for mystic stuff ) is based on science. Tachyon, Quantum mechanics etc.

The Flash is supposed to be based on science, but then it turns around and uses the speed force (which is literal magic) to resolve things.

Does it include Arrow s1-2 and S5 ? To me it's on lvl on Lucifer Morningstar show

Haven't seen either Arrow or Lucifer, so I can't comment on that. It's leagues better than the Flash and Legends though.

I think CW finally learned after their biggest mistake/joke they have every created called: "Batwoman". They just thought shall they allow those liberal writers to stick to that show while professional people who read and understand comics. I only hope all of DC will finally realise meaning of that 4-word expression: "Get woke, Go broke"

I agree, the CW seems to be getting their act together. It also helps that HBO Max put some money into this.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it even confirmed that this show takes place within the Arrowverse? Just wondering, I see people mentioning the other shows, but where's the confirmation? Actors being the same isn't exactly confirmation.

But still it was a good start I think.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it even confirmed that this show takes place within the Arrowverse? Just wondering, I see people mentioning the other shows, but where's the confirmation? Actors being the same isn't exactly confirmation.

Its post crisis arrowverse..

The battle with the anti monitor kinda retconned everything.....to a point.

Somethings are different but the paragons we spared from the rewrite I think.

It was set to bring everyone to a shared earth (earth prime) but weve since learned that other earths were also spared.

So its kinda up in the air what earth this is on, what time frame this is happening in (compared to the other shows) and if this scaling still stands....

The OP of this particular thread seems to want to use full CW Superman.(the one who scales to both to Routh superman and CW supergirl).

My particular opinion given what we know is CW Superman is taking place on earth prime....maybe a bit into the future...but lex in the suit is from another earth that didnt survive the crisis.... Thats just a theory at this point tho.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

@death4bunnies: It is post crisis? Where is that even hinted or alluded to in the show? Captain Luthor stating that he arrived from a destroyed world could mean pretty much anything. What I'm asking is, where is the confirmation that this show is taking place within the same rest of the universe as the other shows.

Because I don't recall seeing anything that points to it being so. Is there some news article saying or what?

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: It is post crisis? Where is that even hinted or alluded to in the show? Captain Luthor stating that he arrived from a destroyed world could mean pretty much anything. What I'm asking is, where is the confirmation that this show is taking place within the same rest of the universe as the other shows.

I think all the new cw show are set up post crisis, I mean I could be wrong but I think thats the way its going.....could mean anything but I think it means this.....

I was just explaining crisis, and I literally said thats just my theory.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death4bunnies: Right I get that there was a Crisis for all the other shows, but what I'm asking is from an out of universe perspective.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks shit💩

your hatred of dc is starting to border on the pathetic side. really.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks good so far, much better budget obviously but the story is also more human and personal than a lot of the other CW DC shows.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RBT  Online

In the post episode show, writers and exec producers said multiple times that its a part of the Arrowverse.

DarthSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarthSuper

@sabracadabra said:
@comiclover6 said:

Looks shit💩

your hatred of dc is starting to border on the pathetic side. really.

He's definitely an alt. I think he's the anti-Detective. He doesn't seem to like anything.

DarthSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks shit💩

So does your alt. You're terrible at trolling, by the way. You don't even have a pfp or anything at all on your profile for that matter.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Viking1205  Online

Loved the pilot. A solid start to the show. One of the best pilot among the Arrowverse shows

YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

We now that superman has 2 sons as he was confused when Lois was talking about 2 sons ( not 1 ) at COIE part 5.

But i see David Ramsey ( John Diggle actor ) is directing episode 7 of Superman and Lois so ....

YunoboGoronHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yunobogoronhero said:
@darthsuper said:

It could be a late crisis change that just started taking place.

Maybe. I am just curious how does he have that laser. Maybe they will explain things later.

The Flash is supposed to be based on science, but then it turns around and uses the speed force (which is literal magic) to resolve things.

It's true that Speed Force is some magical force even Harry-2 or Jay-3 couldn't understand it's actual potential.

Haven't seen either Arrow or Lucifer, so I can't comment on that. It's leagues better than the Flash and Legends though.

Ahh ok

I agree, the CW seems to be getting their act together. It also helps that HBO Max put some money into this.

I made some mistakes like wanted to write "ever created" or add "profesionalist write Superman & Lois".

My only wish is to ask HBO max to fund shows such like Legends or ESPECIALLY SUPERGIRL TO FIX THAT CGI. Because my god that Legends CGI and that cringe CGI of Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz or Toyman's moneky drones were awful. Like awful CGI of Waverider or other things.

Also i want Legends, Supergirl and Flash to have decent writers no simple soap opera writers who only focus on personal feelings and relationship drama. I hated that Lena & Kara drama in Season 5 or Iris & Barry drama

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Oh they did? Alright, all I wanted to know.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RBT  Online

@rbt: Oh they did? Alright, all I wanted to know.

Yeah, but honestly, there's a statement from Todd Helbing(show runner) which kinda goes against how seriously they are going to take stuff established by Supergirl as well.

No Caption Provided

So, while S&L is definitely in Arrowverse, there will be a few inconsistencies. He's still going to show up in crossover and stuffs and but I wouldn't expect him to mention his cousin Alex or a black best friend named Jimmy.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this show has future to become the next smallville if done right hopefully it gets transferred to HBO max and outside of CW s influence

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HydratedFubuki6

Just watched ep. 1-2, best looking CW live action show so far. Seems like the show has at least double the budget of Supergirl.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolfrazer

So I guess there is an Evil Superman on Captain Luthor's world.....though honestly I never understood something. A character comes to a completely different universe and they see someone who is completely different compared to the one that they saw as an enemy....and yet, they try to make them the enemy by attacking them?

I mean all Capt Luthor has to do, is explain things to Superman and none of the conflict really has to happen. Which I guess would negate a large plot, which ok that's fair...it's just something that kinda is bothersome. Though now I wonder if we're gonna see Superman vs Evil Superman at some point, unless Capt Luthor killed that Superman...in which case him fighting this universe's Superman isn't much of a stretch.

Not that it was really much of an issue to begin with since he has a suit designed to go against Superman, but still.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RBT  Online

Ep 2 was even better than Ep1.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Didnt know it was out yet...gonna try to watch now.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Oh for sure it was and ep 3 looks good too.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RBT  Online

@rbt said:

Oh for sure it was and ep 3 looks good too.

I try and avoid episode trailers. They spoil too much, but good to know it looks good. Considering how terrible Flash's premiere was, I was a bit nervous going into this episode.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

@rbt: On a note, I think because HBO is helping fund this helps immensely with how the story can be told. With the budget not being as much an issue to work around, the writers can do what they want(at least moreso than usual)...plus they aren't constricted by having to follow the other Arrowverse shows as noted.

DarthSuper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw the second episode. All I have to say is:

SUPERMAN FINALLY WON A FIGHT!

HE ACTUALLY WON A FIGHT!

HE DEFEATED HIS OPPONENT IN BATTLE!

HE DIDN'T GET TREATED LIKE A PUNCHING BAG!

HE DIDN'T LOSE TO A POWERHOUSE!

HE WON A FIGHT!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolfrazer

@darthsuper: To be fair Luthor wasn't in the suit so I'd wager the AI would perhaps be a little more limited in combat capability compared to a trained soldier in Captain Luthor, although it still is impressive that he was able to punch through the suit which was taking his blows. In fact it's even more impressive in that, if this was the same suit that Luthor fought his universe's Superman then this would mean that CW Superman > This other Earth Superman, who was apparently destroying the Earth and wiping out all Earth armed forces.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator

In 2 episodes I already like Hoechlin more than Cavill in all his movies.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Well...that certainly is a very unpopular opinion. Granted I've never seen MoS due to more personal reasons, but many seem to think Cavil is like the best. I mean I think Routh/Reeve is better honestly. That said I never really found the hate for Hoechlin, I mean yeah he's not as big as Routh or Cavil. But I mean, Reeve wasn't that big either and he was an excellent Superman/Clark.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I 100% agree...I wouldn’t of thought this about any other CW character (sept Flash I guess) but in terms of characters and as a show Superman and Lois is kinda Goat.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking it so far.

Frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By Frozen

@the_stegman said:

Routh is still the GOAT to me. I feel like he deserved his own show too.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always find it amusing how, people were ragging on this before it came out and then it turns out to be good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

@wolfrazer: It's not even about the looks. Yes, Cavill is the best looking Superman I've ever seen. And I actually liked his portrayal in MOS as someone trying to find his place in the world. But his grim, self doubting version in BVS was a big turn off for me. And JL felt like they were just trying to hard reset that.

Hoechlin feels like a Superman who's been at this for ages and knows what he's doing. He's dorky, yet still caring, compassionate, firm, but understanding. A good family man and a good hero.

And this is not at all Cavill's fault, he was doing as he was told, but it's refreshing seeing a Superman who...acts like Superman.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I only brought up appearance wise, cause that's what I see most people rag Hoechlin about. But yeah his portrayal as both Superman and Clark is pretty good.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both episodes were good.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Haven't seen any full episodes, but judging from clips this looks... good, somehow. Seemingly much better acting, writing, cinematography and CG than most CW shows. On par with feature film quality. Tonally it feels just right, a nice middleground between Superman 78's hope and earnestness and Man of Steel's realistic approach. And I know Cavill looks visually perfect, but Hoechlin's performance is just on point. I've seen about 15 minutes of this and already prefer him to Cavill. Routh is still my living favourite, but this dude works so well.

Who knew the CW could make a genuinely good superhero show lol

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode 2 was even better than the first. This series has been a pleasant surprise so far!