Winter Soldier

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not counting characters who are supposed to be joke/silly-looking characters:

•Fantomex: A faux-French accented thief with the powers of fast healing and illusionary misdirection. It’s less exciting than it sounds.

Quentin Quire: An Omega Level Psychic, who is also basically an angsty hipster.

Hulk: No summary needed. He is actually interesting when they can demonstrate his limits. Characterized as a NLF monster who can do anything by getting angrier? That crosses into way too silly territory.

Phoenix Captain America: Fires of creation at your disposal? Punch harder!

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Thor: Has some epic runs but nearly all of his Classic stuff is pretty lame. Comic writers trying to have characters speak like Shakespearean articles is pretty jarring shit.

Doomsday: He's a grey Hulk made for a marketing stunt and it shows when all of the stuff made afterwards has him all over the place. They really didn't know what to do with him after that initial story.

Sentry: He's supposed to be Marvel's Superman but unstable. Lots of potential but it gets muddled with bad representation of mental illness and a lack of subtle storytelling.

Red Hood: A boring character made purely for edgelord material etc. Nothing about the guy screams "likeable" and his multiple showcases have been quite frankly not impressive at all. His attempts to come off as cool just make him very cringy.

Superman: Can't get a good writer for toffee. Boring concept and his multiple reinventions throughout the years have done nothing to combat the stagnation that the character suffers when forced to work within continuality.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool

Black Widow

War Machine

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman: Can't get a good writer for toffee. Boring concept and his multiple reinventions throughout the years have done nothing to combat the stagnation that the character suffers when forced to work within continuality.

FALSE
FALSE

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@ready_4_madness: Your opinion, but I didn't feel anything for his recent stuff. Shouting "FALSE" with a single pic of the character doesn't exactly scream a good opinion, either. Maybe you should articulate your point a bit better.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel

Noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor: Has some epic runs but nearly all of his Classic stuff is pretty lame. Comic writers trying to have characters speak like Shakespearean articles is pretty jarring shit.

Doomsday: He's a grey Hulk made for a marketing stunt and it shows when all of the stuff made afterwards has him all over the place. They really didn't know what to do with him after that initial story.

Sentry: He's supposed to be Marvel's Superman but unstable. Lots of potential but it gets muddled with bad representation of mental illness and a lack of subtle storytelling.

Red Hood: A boring character made purely for edgelord material etc. Nothing about the guy screams "likeable" and his multiple showcases have been quite frankly not impressive at all. His attempts to come off as cool just make him very cringy.

This is a list about superheroes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff0e957b93d8
deactivated-5ff0e957b93d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is trash

Aquaman is meh

Guardians of the galaxy are meh

@eredin12 said:

Superman

Wonder Woman

Captain Marvel

Considering that you're a dignified and extreme Marvel fanboy, and a known DC hater this isn't news.

Noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Noobmaster2001

Dr Strange, I guess. Nothing against Steven, just doesn't seem very interesting to me and kind of came across as boring.

Deadpool. Thought he was pretty badass as a kid but he quickly became annoying. He always had the jokey laid back attitude but they went too far with this and made him totally incompetent.

Luke Cage. I could go with some of the really obscure and lame heroes, but out of the more well known ones I'd pick Luke. He always felt pretty boring when he wasn't in the Avengers or doing crazy things like fighting Dr Doom which, admittedly, is pretty cool and funny considering how silly it is.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eredin12

@dfdffdfd: I siad Captain Marvel as well Detective didn't i? I dont like Deardevil much eaither and both are from Marvel, it has nothing to do with DC or Marvel really, its about characters themselves, i do like Kyle Ryner for example from what i saw of him

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Wushu59

Elastic Man (i think his name is)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff0e957b93d8
deactivated-5ff0e957b93d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Everyone hates Captain Marvel, she has no character and she's unlikeable in movies too.

Sure, it's about characters same way you respectfully say "Supercuck", and whine about Supes 24/7 sure.

Daredevil is great though.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@noobmaster2001: Yeah but he gets added anyway lol, he was a superhero during Gog Wars

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eredin12

@dfdffdfd:

: Everyone hates Captain Marvel, she has no character and she's unlikeable in movies too.

Yeah precisely my point

Sure, it's about characters same way you respectfully say "Supercuck", and whine about Supes 24/7 sure.

Since i dont like his character that much really and find him very overrated, doesn't mean i hate DC though, as i siad i find Kyle Ryner or Mxy for example pretty good

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nope, I was wrong

His name is Plastic Man

No Caption Provided

Laaaaaammmmme

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any DC solo

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wushu59 said:

Nope, I was wrong

His name is Plastic Man

No Caption Provided

Laaaaaammmmme

He actually has good stories tho

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wolverine. He was interesting under Tieri but ever since the Nitro incident he hasn't been the same.

Hulk. Too overpowered and no limits.

Captain Marvel (Shazam!). He's way too goody goody. The Devil couldn't touch his soul due to its purity.

Hal Jordan. He's not a man he's a machine. He's too perfect.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. He was interesting under Tieri but ever since the Nitro incident he hasn't been the same.

Hulk. Too overpowered and no limits.

Captain Marvel (Shazam!). He's way too goody goody. The Devil couldn't touch his soul due to its purity.

Hal Jordan. He's not a man he's a machine. He's too perfect.

Parallax storyline? Zero Hour? Cry for Justice? The Krona Gauntlet Saga?

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, Hawk & Dove, and Sentry just to name a few.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@tifalockhart said:

@professorrespect: they retconned Parallax. Never read the last two though.

Obviously but the original intent of the story: to show Hal's hubris and descent into denial and madness: is still intact. Just because they changed it decades later because people were salty about Hal's treatment (same with Barry dying in COIE) doesn't negate the point of it

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: you still haven't convinced me he's not lame

I can't exactly convince someone who doesn't read up on Hal's solo material. I'm sure there's a old tale about leading a horse to water that relates to this....

factg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow

Sentry

Aquaman

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cattlebattle  Online

Most of them, man, most of them.

I could be wrong but I believe the original idea Jack Kirby had was too introduce the Norse Gods and kill them off after 30 issues or so in Ragnarok and introduce the New Gods, but, the book was doing ok so they changed their mind. I like Thor and everything but he did always feel sort of out of place. I mean, the original Avengers are all wacky products of science in one way or another and Thor, an actual mythological God, is just.....there. Then, in the original comics, it's like they could never decide if Asgard had technology and cosmic power or if it was mystical, or both.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them, man, most of them.

@professorrespect said:

I could be wrong but I believe the original idea Jack Kirby had was too introduce the Norse Gods and kill them off after 30 issues or so in Ragnarok and introduce the New Gods, but, the book was doing ok so they changed their mind. I like Thor and everything but he did always feel sort of out of place. I mean, the original Avengers are all wacky products of science in one way or another and Thor, an actual mythological God, is just.....there. Then, in the original comics, it's like they could never decide if Asgard had technology and cosmic power or if it was mystical, or both.

I mean the "New" Gods have appeared multiple times, there was the original idea as you stated, there was the half-human, half god New Gods that were created after the Ego arc but were quickly forgotten because one of the main guys was black, etc. There was even the fancy 90's retcon that didn't stick.

Kirby had Asgard use lots of tech when he was in his New Gods phase but sometimes he'd have Odin use magic: I get what you mean when you say it's all out of place compared to the rest of the heroes at the time, which were all products of science. It doesn't fit thematically.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye

Green arrow

Aquaman

Black widow

Cyborg

Guy gardner

Superboy

Medusa

Jason todd

Damian wayne

Jean grey most of the time

Hope summers

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool I can stand, but only in doses. He gets obnoxious after awhile.

Same thing applies to Harley Quinn. Although I find her slightly more annoying.

I know Squirrel Girl is supposed to be a joke character, but the joke isn't funny anymore. I don't really think it was funny ever.

Gwenpool is ok waifu material, but that's about it. I can't stand the annoying 4th wall breaking nonsense.

I've honestly never really liked Namor. He's kinda flat as a character, and no one knows if he's supposed to be a hero or a villain.

I don't care about any of the Captain Marvels other than Billy Batson. The others are mostly forgettable.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: mm. Fair point. I'll give his solo books a chance after I collect some runs.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: mm. Fair point. I'll give his solo books a chance after I collect some runs.

I read them during some of last year's RT development: pretty interesting stuff. Not for everyone but I liked it for what it was worth.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg. Besides his being a half-man, half robot he is so unbelievably unremarkable. The juxtaposition of the character being a former athlete and present day technological marvel is an interesting concept but DC never knows what to do with him and feel like if they shove him in with the Justice League and force feed him to readers it will win over more prospective fans. But no one cares. Except for the lovable Teen Titans Go! Cyborg. Stop trying to make fetch happen.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPERMAN AKA MARY SUE PRIME

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: to me superman was great before bendis took over. His stories were great. They even managed to do the impossible. They made a character with a kid interesting. Then they ruined it

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have you read morrison's stories on superman. they were amazing especially all star superman. also, alan moore.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

have you read morrison's stories on superman. they were amazing especially all star superman. also, alan moore.

All-Star Superman is fantastic! But it isn't in continuality, which means he can take liberties with the character and actually, you know, do risks with Sups. The main problem is that he's good for single run stories but he's terrible in actual runs where the narrative has to pretend something is happening. At least with Batman you have versatility. There's only so much Clark can do in the restricted DC narrative.

Alan Moore did Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow which was a great send off to the Golden Age/Sliver Age Superman in particular, but it was also out of continuality, meaning that Moore could actually do impactful things, he could actually give Superman a happy ending unlike in COIE where he gets brought back and is willing to murder a planet to get his own one back. Terrible characterisation.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant believe I forgot Sentry

Man what a lame o

Aquaman too

Lame.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aqua man Is actually pretty good if you read enough of him. Deadpool is only good if Daniel Way is writing him. I hate all of this new, super inconsistent stuff that has been happening with him, so I just don't read it.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Red Hood also is different in every issue I've ever read that he's in. Doctor Strange seems like the biggest loser ever to me.

MrSYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: said:

Any inhuman

Especially black bolt

Smh

OT:

Sentry: His "mental illness" comes across as a 13-year old emo girls self diagnosed depression. He acts extremely inconsistent. Sometimes he's acting like Cap and on other times as a scared little girl. The concept had potential, but then Bendis ruined it in New Avengers by making him an entirely different character.

Captain Marvel: Was pretty decent until Civil War II, now she's just marketing girl power and feminism to sell more comics.

Fantomex: The concept sounds cool, but after maybe 10 issues I became extremely bored by the character, Idk why.

there are others, but these are the three I could think of for now.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Martian Manhunter: Uncreative origin, more broken than Superman but still jobs a lot. Also fan keeps saying he is the heart and soul of the Justice League though they do fine without him.

Legacy Characters in general.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate all of this new, super inconsistent stuff that has been happening with him, so I just don't read it.

Red Hood also is different in every issue I've ever read that he's in. Doctor Strange seems like the biggest loser ever to me.

Once a character hits a certain level popularity they pump him into a bunch of different runs until the character u originally came to like is unrecognizable or even worse, a caricature

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once a character hits a certain level popularity they pump him into a bunch of different runs until the character u originally came to like is unrecognizable or even worse, a caricature

Wolverine...

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

Bingo

But its virtually everyone

Interestingly enough Spiderman doesnt seem to suffer from this as much

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By adamTRMM

@phisigmatau:

Honestly I'm not a Spiderman expert, but after JMS' far more mystical, ambitious and theme-driven run, it's hard for me to understand how they could go back to basics with him. I mean, he may not be a caricature, but he's for sure a character that is stuck in some kind of regurgitation cycle.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Current Bucky Barns and Jason Todd.

.they were better off dead.

<<<old grouches opinion:D