Superhero Football League -- Use Madden Stats to build a player

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robbiesol

Don’t know if there is a thread like this, I did a search and I couldn’t find anything that matched it, so here goes.    

I was playing Madden the other day and I started thinking about where certain comic book characters might excel at if there was such a thing as the Superhero Football League.   Using some Madden based stats, I thought it would be fun for people to make their favorite comic character into a Madden video game player.   I’m listing some stats and then giving an example of what I think would be the highest rated player for that particular attribute and an explanation why, then I figured people could go from there.   Highest stat is a 99.   Keep in mind that generally few people have the highest stats and even though Superman would of course be a 99 in every category in real life, in relation to the Superhero Football League he won’t match Flash’s 99 speed and he isn’t known for being very agile so he wouldn’t match Spidey’s 99 agility.  Maybe you could also list what position they would play.  Such as Captain America would most likely be a QB.

Throwing Power   (THP)   -- Captain America 99   (First person that comes to mind that can sling something is   old Steve Rodgers)

Throwing Accuracy (THA) – Bullseye 99 (He never misses, regardless if he’s throwing knives or footballs)

Acceleration (ACC) – Nightcrawler 99 (Acceleration isn’t about how fast you are, but how fast you get to where you need to go within your capabilities.   Teleportation pretty much takes care of that.)

Strength (STR) – Superman 99 (When it comes to strength, few match the Man of Steel)

Speed (SPD) – Flash 99 (He’s the fastest man alive.   Nuff said)

Agility (AGL) – Spiderman 99 (Does he even have bones in his body the way he contorts?   He’s just so quick and agile)

Break Tackles (BTK) – Juggernaut 99 (Once he gets started, nothing can stop the unstoppable Juggs)

Awareness (AWR) – Batman 99 (Awareness is the Madden stat for “football smarts”, Bruce is ready for everything and is constantly in the know)

Blocking (BLK) – Invisible Woman 99 (With her force fields not even Lawarence Taylor could get past her on a pass rush)

Catching  (CTH) – Mr. Fantastic 99 (I don’t think any ball will be thrown out of this guy’s reach and I can see him making tip toe catches at the sideline with no problem whatsoever)

Jumping (JMP) – Hulk 99 (The guy can jump for miles!)

Tackling (TKL) – Wolverine 99 (Tackling for me is being able to take down the guy with the ball, regardless of who it is.   When you need something or someone taken out, Logan is the best there is at what he does.)

So what do you guys   or gals think, care to build a few Madden Superheroes with these stats?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn

alrighty I try this... 

1. Wonder Woman

Throwing Power (THP ) - 95

Throwing Accuracy ( THA ) - 89

Acceleration ( ACC ) - 92

Strength ( STR ) - 95

Speed ( SPD ) - 94

Agility ( AGL ) - 92

Break Tackles ( BTK ) - 90

Awareness ( AWR ) - 94

Blocking ( BLK ) - 92

Catching ( CTH ) - 95

Jumping ( JMP )  - 93

Tackling ( TKL ) - 94

Overall - 99

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By robbiesol
@King Saturn said:
"

alrighty I try this... 

1. Wonder Woman

Throwing Power (THP ) - 95

Throwing Accuracy ( THA ) - 89

Acceleration ( ACC ) - 92

Strength ( STR ) - 95

Speed ( SPD ) - 94

Agility ( AGL ) - 92

Break Tackles ( BTK ) - 90

Awareness ( AWR ) - 94

Blocking ( BLK ) - 92

Catching ( CTH ) - 95

Jumping ( JMP )  - 93

Tackling ( TKL ) - 94

Overall - 99

"

Haha, that's pretty good.  She could play pretty much any position but I'd say WW seems like she'd want to play on the defensive side of the ball.  Maybe an OLB or a Safety. 

I'll give it a go as well: 

The Thing  -- Right Guard

Throwing Power (THP ) - 91
Throwing Accuracy ( THA ) - 75
Acceleration ( ACC ) - 73
Strength ( STR ) - 91
Speed ( SPD ) - 62
Agility ( AGL ) - 60
Break Tackles ( BTK ) - 92
Awareness ( AWR ) - 81
Blocking ( BLK ) - 95
Catching ( CTH ) - 72