Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11567 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell me what you guys think:

#1 Posted by MetalJimmor (4201 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh joy, another break up just as the relationship starts.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11567 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by Rag_man (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen it yet, its on my DVR. But so much fun in this casting!

#4 Edited by Redsayn (341 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS

The recurring political element has reared its blatant head again- "[We will} make Daxam great again!", as well as the portrayal of refugees in a sympathetic way. I would prefer if they avoided such an on the nose agenda, but it's nothing that the episode couldn't compensate for with solid characterisation and an overall enjoyable story.

As someone who doesn't like Winn’s love interest, I found that section of the plot irritating. The way that it tied into the main plot of the episode was predictable, though not actually bad. The entirety of that main plot, however, was mediocre- the only thing that really seems to have changed is the relationship between Kara and Mon El (even if the Daxam-plot this episode introduced is going to pop up throughout future episodes).

When you actually do realise that the only somewhat major changes are the aforementioned couple (with even Lyra and Winn staying together, albeit with a more complicated element thrown into the mix) you have to acknowledge that the main focus of the episode was on the romance. And, as has already been mentioned:

@metaljimmor said:

Now I'm going to prepare myself for being disappointed by the musical cross-over, which has happened at the worst possible time it could.

#5 Posted by Druzzie (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause she;s not together with Jimmy, that's why. Kara and Jimmy is the fated couple that mirrors Lois and Clark.