supergirl and the flash shows are getting really dumb

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i was watching the flash and supergirl and they are just dumb. they literally can beat all of their villains in 5 seconds but they draw it out over an entire season. the villain supergirl is facing right now is a joke. supposedly no one knows who he really is but all they have to do is ask jonn. from the crossover episodes supergirl's speed is about on par with barry's but she never uses it the way barry does unless they are in a actuall in a crossover episode. barry's villain is an even bigger joke. barry can defeat him before he actually form a thought but somehow he never does. these shows are getting filled with more PIS than the comics that they are based on. also, these shows are getting cheesy as heck. they were a lot more serious when they first started.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RBT

Supergirl was never not cheesy. Its actually getting better story wise. Not that the bar is high.

Flash has been consistently getting worse though.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't watch Supergirl but the Flash just seems to be getting worse at whipping up the most random plot devices out of nowhere and within seconds.

Just like in the crossover when they were fighting Amazo and they were like it's a computer shut it down. Cisco and Caitlin run off screen and come back in like a minute with this device capable of hacking Amazo and shutting it down. How the hell did they make that thing that quickly it was a bit ridiculous and way too convenient.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7
deactivated-5c17b8d97d1a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Facts.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's a CW superhero show, they were always bad lmao.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash no doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c12f1342408a
deactivated-5c12f1342408a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash peaked in season one. Supergirl has never been a good show, but it's getting better

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t forget the fact that killer frost casually beat cicada and they don’t even use her. At this point there throwing out random things just for the sake of it.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch Supergirl except the crossovers, and yes, I agree. Both shows are dumb. I dropped Arrow like a year and a half ago, and I've thought about dropping Flash repeatedly.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Agent Liberty is a better villain, he isn't one Supergirl beat with force or incarceration but Cicada is trash. It was painful to watch 4-6 metas allow him to repower during Flash 100 episode.

Vulkanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can anyone watch Supergirl when they made Jimmy Olsen into a black supermodel instead of the redhead nerd?

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were always dumb

sanm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Supergirl is a really good show, getting better in each season. They have a real fun and interesting way of showing problems that we are facing today, and how to have hope and not fall to hate. Also they have a lot of interesting topics about gender and respect. I love the show :)

Aaand I am kinda in love with Lena Luthor

If you don´t like it, hey I respect it, every one can have their opinions and tastes.

But right now, is one of my favorite shows on TV :)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah they’ve been dumb since the jump.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You just noticed ? LOL

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash standing here doing absolutely nothing while Cicada called back his dagger was the height of stupidity, lmao.

Loading Video...

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl is SJW paradise.

Never picked up Flash.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl is just not good. Mostly because the character of Supergirl seems a bit overly reliant on support from her cast. It takes a slightly grating but understandable problem in the Flash and turns it on it's head as you don't really understand why Kara needs the DEO and everyone elses help and approval all the time considering all she's capable of doing.

I'm about as tired of Alex whining an protecting Kara as i am of Joe West pep talks with a situational story to solve Barry's seasonal depression.

still Flash is WAAAYY better of a show. Supergirls last season was the first time it's been watchable.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanm: I like some of the characters. However, the villains need too many plot devices to be an actual threat. I like the things going on in the background and the aliens being used as metaphors to address what is happening in America right now. However, it’s still a super hero show. That part is becoming unwatchable to me. They are facing a villain that they could have defeated in 10 seconds. They literally have jonn who could read minds but when they question someone they never call him. They are doing a great job at showing the actual consequences of super heroes and aliens fighting each other on regular people. However, Kara and her sister do a really poor job of utilizing their powers and resources respectively.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The villains Flash faces in comics depend on plot devices to be a threat. How could any reasonable person expect any episode to last an hour against a character who sees your movements as almost not happening without plot devices?

In comics if there was no cornball and lame plot protection every villain Flash or Supergirl faces would be in a jail cell before the second panel was drawn and before they even realized Barry or Kara was on the field.

This doesnt happen because its a boring story that no one would read/watch. If you dont watch or read a story about a super powered being with suspension of belief then your always going to find it stupid.

The alternative is to always make stronger and more powerful enemies. The problem with doimg that is that then the lame crap goes the other way because then you have to make the villains dumb instead.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

It's at the point I feel I'm suppose to turn my brain off

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentex: they ARE trying to parallel America’s illegal alien and immigration with literal illegal aliens and literal legal aliens. I see what they are doing but that’s not the same thing at all. Aliens on supergirl have literally tried to take over the world and kill all humans. Also, why are the aliens suddenly so helpless now? You can’t just jump to villianizing “trump supporter stand ins” for protecting their country from literal dangerous aliens after every other previous season was about protecting the earth from evil aliens who were trying to wipe out all humans.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rem: yeah, that one was actually explained, she couldn't become killer Frost, and when she beat cicada was the first time she transformed in quite a while

It's not like they just weren't using her, they couldn't

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kevd4wg  Online

What do you mean

getting really dumb

Like they haven't been that way post Flash S2

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@rem: yeah, that one was actually explained, she couldn't become killer Frost, and when she beat cicada was the first time she transformed in quite a while

It's not like they just weren't using her, they couldn't

That’s not what I’m talking about. the original team flash was Ralph, Cisco, Caitlin, and the flash. Now, it’s nora, the flash, Ralph and Cisco. Notice when they first fought cicada, killer Frost was not in that roster but was instead in coms. And he’s had plenty of opportunits to be on team flash.

it had not been ”quite a while”. As a matter of fact, we just saw her beat icicle two episodes prior.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mrnoital

@rem: yeah, when she beat icicle was the first time she used her powers since thru were blocked last season, that's how they learned that her powers weren't totally lost

Why would she have been in the first fight? She thought her powers were taken away

Have you been paying any attention?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rem

@mrnoital said:

@rem: yeah, when she beat icicle was the first time she used her powers since thru were blocked last season, that's how they learned that her powers weren't totally lost

I know. 2 episodes prior to the most recent time that they fought cicada.

Why would she have been in the first fight? She thought her powers were taken away

Correction. There most recent fight with cicada. Instead of tarting off in the fight she was on coms and at that point she was fully aware that she got her powers back.

Have you been paying any attention?

I have been paying plenty attention and I think you’re just misinterpretin what I’m saying.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should try other cw shows like riverdale and then tell me about dumb

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: so now you're talking about the most recent fight and not the first fight? well she can't go into that state on command anymore, they explicitly said that, she had to use Harry's old device to even communicate with Killer Frost

you could really be paying more attention

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By solar_nerd

Supergirl has never not been cheesy, so that's no surprise.

Flash is actually getting way better this season IMO.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

@rem: so now you're talking about the most recent fight and not the first fight? well she can't go into that state on command anymore, they explicitly said that, she had to use Harry's old device to even communicate with Killer Frost

Bs. She figured out how to go on and off command an episode prior. that said episode she persuaded Cisco and ralph to go to thanksgiving in her killer frost form. You should really rewatch the episode.

Or you could actually pay attention to what I’m saying.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only watchable seasons of all the Arrowverse shows are Arrow Season 1, Arrow Season 2 and Flash Season 1

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl has never not been cheesy, so that's no surprise.

Flash is actually getting way better this season IMO.

it's getting really hard for me to suspend my disbelief when they have to invent stupid reasons why they don't just beat their foes in seconds. last year's villain was just dumb. they could have beaten him almost every time that they faced him.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mrnoital

@rem said:
@mrnoital said:

Bs. She figured out how to go on and off command an episode prior. that said episode she persuaded Cisco and ralph to go to thanksgiving in her killer frost form. You should really rewatch the episode.

no she didn't, she was all depressed and skipping Thanksgiving with them, and when she was drunk enough Killer Frost tapped in on her own

maybe you should re-watch that episode

or pay attentions because like I already said, she can't do it on command

they've mentioned it over and over and would make a big deal out of her having a full connection with Frost again

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@rem said:
@mrnoital said:

no she didn't, she was all depressed and skipping Thanksgiving with them, and when she was drunk enough Killer Frost tapped in on her own

You’re just making assumption at this point. since when was it that when caitlin is drunk, she automatically turns into killer frost? There is absolutely no way to prove that. We’ve clearly know now that Caitlin can tap into killer frost whenever she wants to based on the most recent episode, and the episode before that wasn’t that long ago.

maybe you should re-watch that episode

or pay attentions because like I already said, she can't do it on command

Its Funny that you keep telling me to pay atenntion when you and making bs assumptions that you cannot prove.

they've mentioned it over and over and would make a big deal out of her having a full connection with Frost again

That’s your opinion. team flash clearly won’t use her unless it’s an emergenc.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: when did I say that she automatically turns into frost when drunk?

I paraphrased quote from the episode after Caitlyn looked tipsy finishing off a shot, Killer frost showed up saying "I'm tapping in"

please actually watch and pay attention, Killer frost has only shown up in moments of extreme distress, her dad almost killing her friends, Cicada almost killing Barry

and after that they just realized she's the key to fighting Cicada, so they're working harder to fix the connection

last we've seen they still need the old Harry's device for the 2 to communicate

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For Supergirl, that's debatable. But, the Flash? Definitely.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Blackdog2009

Dare I say, don't watch.