• 54 results
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This December it looks like the Suicide Squad will go up against the Justice League in a new mini series event!

No Caption Provided

Below is a link with more info and and interview with Dan Didio and Jim Lee

LINK

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Garbage. DC has ran out of ideas.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited for it.

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it could be fun. Not sure about the idea of "quarterly events", but if they're small and only tie into a few books at a time it might be cool.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How is this bad? It's a popular team of heroes vs. a popular team of villains. This sounds like a very logical thing for DC to do.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Event seems like it can be fun. Honestly though, I think SS just needs to end as a book.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

This gun be gud.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By comicace3

Not even close.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool. It looks like will be getting more Bats/Harley team ups from now on which is no brainer considering these two are DC's biggest cash cows now.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ship it.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie pandering. Hot garbage.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's got Williamson and Fabok and it wont be long so there's that but it's still a crossover event. Still I think this is the first Batman centric JL story in forever and it will focus on Deadshot as well so I'm fairly excited. Hope we get Bruce and Waller battle of wits, though admittedly it does look like the JL is in for heavy jobbing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demfeettho: dude the movie already released nd is successful. U don't even know what pandering is

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks, bi-weekly is a pain to keep up as is, but a six issue event shipped bi-weekly then the remaining four shipped weekly in Jan. with crossovers. Aint going to do it.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Fabok is doing the artwork then Im in.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehhhhhhhh...not feeling it

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Probably skipping this. Love Josh Williamson's writing, but not a fan of the modern iteration of the Suicide Squad by any stretch.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, Fam.

This should be a stomp for Superman alone. I sense jobbing, PIS, and plot devices at work.

And I don't feel that shiz. Not eveven a little bit.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Cool. Looking forward to it, especially since Josh Williamson is writing it.

From the looks of this, it's like the mid credits scene from Suicide Squad is coming to fruition in the comics.

"Shut it down, Waller or my friends and i will shut it down for you."

The way the Suicide Squad goes about doing things, i'm kind of surprised this hasn't been done before.

*P.S- OK so just Read this on the DC comics site-http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/09/01/justice-league-vs-suicide-squad-dc-announces-first-event-of-the-rebirth-era

Really informative about the event. Apparently it goes much deeper than just JL vs SS. It ties to the 'hidden truths of Rebirth' and there's some other evil threat that was is lurking in the shadows, that was thought lost to the DCU. It apparently goes from a VS story into a team up story. Check it out.

According to Geoff Johns events that take place during the arc set the stage for phase 2 of Rebirth where even more is uncovered and the past comes more into focus.

I'm all for making the DC universe into what it was, love that everything is coming back on the table.

Makes me even more interested.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That picture has triggered me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

@ultimatesmfan: "You look tired Mr.Wayne, maybe you should stop working nights"

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: "You look tired Mr.Wayne, maybe you should stop working nights"

That line gave me JLU flashbacks :D (My first exposure to Waller)

LlehDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RustyRoy

It's got Williamson and Fabok and it wont be long so there's that but it's still a crossover event. Still I think this is the first Batman centric JL story in forever and it will focus on Deadshot as well so I'm fairly excited. Hope we get Bruce and Waller battle of wits, though admittedly it does look like the JL is in for heavy jobbing.

Agreed. Williamson did say that the main focus is on Batman and Waller.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Cool concept but I don't see how it can work

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Seems like it could be pretty cool. Will probably be checking this out. Hopefully its actually good as opposed to how most recent SS books have been.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't need this promotion for the movie in normal comics. I already despise the SS save for the Ostrander run. But this is just low

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'll be cautiously excited for this. I'm hoping the quarterly events wont shake the entire DCU so that it's not mandatory reading, but my biggest worry will be the titles that come out after this event because of this event (i.e. JLA) I'm very nervous having more than one justice league book out at a time. The JLA of the N52 was short and really only added to events. I don't want another one of those, but if they can have a real reason there are multiple leagues then of course I'll give it a try.

That, and I'm really glad that Williamson is doing more with DC. He's a great writer, and DC would be stupid to let him go.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@ultimatepower6: I can't wait for a new JL book, cause the current one is mediocre to the max.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ehhhhh

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blackagar

Is Harley wearing a power ring lol?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Yeah can't believe the weakest rebirth story would be JL.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By comicace3

You're not even trying.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Self Contained events is much better than a big event with too much tie ins... Im gonna read this book anyways.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_stegman  Moderator

@jgames: I wanted so much to like it, but geez...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: yeah I was thinking of dropping it, but I will hold out before I do that and maybe it get better hopefully. Still getting the SS vs JL bc why not.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demfeettho said:

You're not even trying.

Hes not wrong. The SS N52 has been hot garbage and is just pandering and promotion for the movie.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Well he can say that rather than two word sentences like a noob troll.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LlehDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LlehDevil

LOL.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By blackagar

Chris evans' biggest accomplishment isnt even Cap. It's his legendary memes

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@blackagar: @stormshadow_x: @scouterv: @entropy_aegis:

I agree the JL would walk all over the SS with pretty much any member going against the typical SS crew but a battle of wits between Batman and Waller could be pretty good. I also expect PIS and jobbing to be going on, but I would point out it depends on what they do with the line up for it. Adding Killer Frost to the SS was already pointed out for a bit more muscle (not enough but still better) and Enchantress on the SS unleased actually could at least make it look like there's some actual fight there.

It depends on the actual line up and how Waller plays her hand in the battle of wits. I see potential if I look beyond the current line up of the SS to see what might be available.

Why bother looking past the Squad they'll most likely give us? If they surprise us that's cool and I hope they do, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And a Squad of Flagg, Katana, Diablo, Poison Ivy, Enchantress, Deadshot, Manta, and Reverse Flash is getting stomped by a competent Justice League and that's the Best Squad I can come up with.

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:
@scouterv said:
@ashrym said:

@blackagar: @stormshadow_x: @scouterv: @entropy_aegis:

I agree the JL would walk all over the SS with pretty much any member going against the typical SS crew but a battle of wits between Batman and Waller could be pretty good. I also expect PIS and jobbing to be going on, but I would point out it depends on what they do with the line up for it. Adding Killer Frost to the SS was already pointed out for a bit more muscle (not enough but still better) and Enchantress on the SS unleased actually could at least make it look like there's some actual fight there.

It depends on the actual line up and how Waller plays her hand in the battle of wits. I see potential if I look beyond the current line up of the SS to see what might be available.

Why bother looking past the Squad they'll most likely give us? If they surprise us that's cool and I hope they do, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And a Squad of Flagg, Katana, Diablo, Poison Ivy, Enchantress, Deadshot, Manta, and Reverse Flash is getting stomped by a competent Justice League and that's the Best Squad I can come up with.

I thought they'd already stated Killer Frost and I don't think that's a bad choice. Other members have included General Eiling, Parasite, and Doctor Light to add a bit more muscle. If they're smart they'll have Parasite and that's an option that was a member of the team not that long ago. The problem isn't that there haven't been some strong members in the past. The team seems to cling to too many street level these days or treats better characters as jobbers.

I'm just more optimistic than you seem to be. Having said that, they'll likely still give us Deadshot, Harley, and Boomerang as staples so if they keep the leadership structure with Flagg and Katana to back him up then add Frost there isn't much room left for more powerful characters again. I suspect Katana won't be directly involved and possibly not Flagg. Those 2 aren't expendable and I would expect Waller to keep them out a situation with the JL. That would at least give room for Enchantress, Parasite, and maybe Cheetah but based on WW's title that doesn't seem likely.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, and I hope I'm wrong and that Waller is actually going to use a team of powerhouses to fight a team of powerhouses, but that seems largely unlikely.

Though I disagree. Katana already appeared on the cover so it's likely she'll be in attendance. Flagg is the field leader for Task Force X, so I doubt Waller would send any Squad out without him, because his main mission is to keep them in check, which he generally does a solid job of doing.

So, assuming they're going with matching numbers, the Suicide Squad already has 6 spots filled when you include Killer Frost. That leaves 2 spots to fill at least. Somebody has to counter Flash so a smart decision is to get Reverse Flash (Daniel West). The last member has to be a powerhouse of some sort. The only names that come to mind are:

• El Diablo
  • Enchantress
  • Parasite
  • Poison Ivy
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't really want this story but because of the incredible creative team I cannot simply ignore it. I don't expect much, it will probably be a heavily jobbing JL against a heavily-amped-up Suicide Squad, but it still seems readable enough.