mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@lukehero said:
@havenless said:

I hate to say it... but this was the one. This was the movie that was going to save the DCEU.

The next one up, Wonder Woman, has some amazing fight scenes, but the plot looks more formulaic than anything since Green Lantern. I don't know if that one will do much better.

Now I am scared sh***less for WW, because it looks like Cap 1 in the trailers....I am scared she is just going to be fighting mostly generic soldiers & tanks...then maybe have a very short fight with whatever god they throw in there....

If Circe or Ares were in the movie, we would have heard who they cast by now. Its done filming.

Then that makes me even more scared that we won't even get any gods...I hope at least we get some monsters...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mickey-mouse

I smell a conspiracy

#Illuminati

#MarvelBribesCritics

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#60 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm still seeing it, obviously. But this is very, very concerning.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

It's funny how everyone goes from "This movie is going to be awesome!!!! It looks fantastic!!!!" to "OMG! OMG! DC sucks! OMG! WHAT'S HAPPENING!" in a matter of minutes. YOU CAN STILL GO SEE THE FILM! And right as I'm writing this post, I see this

@stormshadow_x said:

Its sad how many of you can turn on the flip of Rotten tomatoes.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@slayz said:
@luna_joestar said:

That's something. Not that movie sucks, I don't care about any of that.

That people put so much stock on the view of some thirty something hipsters with glasses with some psuedo smart persona that only care about jokes, click bait titles and random numbers to draw views to their blog so they get another bowl of ramen that week.(See I got bad jokes too) Call me an angry fan or whatever that's fine, it's not the worse thing I've been called. I just think this whole review culture is bogus, so pay me no mind.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly at this point I don't even care about RT, okay, the site it's really hard on the movies at giving scores but it's hardly for comic book fans, at all, the scores are for regular people who at most doesn't know shit about comics, and with Marvel doing this for a while RT now mostly seems to compare EVERY SINGLE superhero movie to the Marvel style, if it's not Marvel funny then the movie is shit because that's not how superhero movies should be. For what I've heard the movie it's good and it has better scores on other reviews, and come on, the thing gave Sharknado a score of 82, Sausage Party a perfect 100 and to Tarzan a 35. Most of the movies I've enjoyed have less than 50 in RT so yeah, they can *insert bad word* off

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mfundroid

And here I thought this would be their ace in the hole... Well, in Wonder Woman we trust!

Avatar image for det_batsuperman
Det_BatSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care rotten critics can suck it

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh people are getting turnt up about this. I didn't flip out when I heard Alice Through The Looking Glass was bad both critics and the general audience. I just don't get my hopes up, that's it.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I care about RT ratings as my opinion usually does coincide with them, so it's kind of a bummer. But I will still watch it.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By jumpstart55
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the_stegman  Moderator
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next time DC shines its light in the sky...don't jizz. the DCCU is dead...bury it!

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@petey_is_spidey: wait til Lone_wolf gets here.

lol INB4: Hack Snyder probably took a shit on this project. Joker looks like Hot Topic mannequin LULS. Still better than Eisenberg Lex amirite??!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

lol INB4: Hack Snyder probably took a shit on this project. Joker looks like Hot Topic mannequin LULS. Still better than Eisenberg Lex amirite??!

Probably is writing his essay long complaint as we speak.

Some how he's gonna find some way to connect this to Snyder.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

So when are they going to reboot?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@deathstroke52 said:
@the_stegman said:

Probably is writing his essay long complaint as we speak.

Some how he's gonna find some way to connect this to Snyder.

Y'all just salty.. And butthurt. Lol, Snyder sux, DCEU is DOA.

SALTY SALTY, SALT SALT!

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...BvS RT flashbacks commencing....

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Basically, Jared Leto as The Joker is a generic gangster, story suffers from editing problems (remind you of another DC film that came out this year?), story and villains are trash, tone is inconsistent, and characters are often underdeveloped, but performances are charismatic, character interactions are great, some of the humour is good as is some of the action beats.

Jesse's Lex was chastised and I loved his performance, so I've still got hope for Leto. Story and character in BvS were regarded by most people as trash, then again I appreciated the story and characterisation in that film, so I've still got my reservations.

This was still devastating to see.

I predict this'll wind up with a lower RT rating than BvS. Considering BvS reached 46% at it's first day, something this film is struggling to do.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never cared for early reviews , al DC / comic movies are held to some dumb standard of having to be like MCU which I DONT want , I liked BvS & MOS after they were bashed , and a lot of those critic sites are the same sites that say Avengers:AoU is good , more than likely the movie is good , maybe like a solid 7.5/10

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@deathstroke52: I dont know. BvS was a failure and SS could be heading down the same path. If WW and JL disappoint too I dont see them being so keen on investing in characters like Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Lantern. Scrapping everything would be the smart thing to do.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically, Jared Leto as The Joker is a generic gangster, story suffers from editing problems (remind you of another DC film that came out this year?), story and villains are trash, tone is inconsistent, and characters are often underdeveloped, but performances are charismatic, character interactions are great, some of the humour is good as is some of the action beats.

Jesse's Lex was chastised and I loved his performance, so I've still got hope for Leto. Story and character in BvS were regarded by most people as trash, then again I appreciated the story and characterisation in that film, so I've still got my reservations.

This was still devastating to see.

I predict this'll wind up with a lower RT rating than BvS. Considering BvS reached 46% at it's first day, something this film is struggling to do.

That's a tall order, seeing as 27% is already low af.

tone is inconsistent,

I KNEW IT!!!! Though I'll have to see it for myself to see how it really is (especially seeing that know critic seemed to point this out with AoU), but ever since they announced reshoots I suspected we might have another AoU on our hands (tonal wise, that is).

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: the main problem critics, and many fans such as myself have with apocalypse is that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Overall I felt apocalypse's portrayal was garbage and honestly it could have been much better in the hands of marvel.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really thought this movie would win the critics but I guess they really want to destroy the DCEU and Warner Bros. I have never really trusted the critics' opinion on any type of movie because most of the time it's way way different.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey:

Indeed, LOL. It's not a certainty, but on the morning I woke up and glanced at the reviews for BvS, they sat in the better half of the 40s range. A bar which Suicide Squad has yet to reach.

That and I didn't see anyone comparing BvS to F4. Which I've seen someone do to Suicide Squad. Not to say they're accurate, only that the critical reception of the film has not been tracking well.

I KNEW IT!!!! Though I'll have to see it for myself to see how it really is (especially seeing that know critic seemed to point this out with AoU), but ever since they announced reshoots I suspected we might have another AoU on our hands (tonal wise, that is).

Yeah. The reshoots were even rumoured to inject "more fun" into the film, which Jai Courtney covered up by correcting it as "more action." Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it back fired.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I am shocked TBH. I really thought this film was gonna be fresh and unite fans. I am hearing the characters are good, but the story makes 0 sense.

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: Honestly it sounds like the reshoot a were the problem. Critics saying the humor actually ruins the film since it seems kinda just thrown in. Would have been better if it was darker like the Christopher Nolan trilogy, since the whole beginning of the movie is trying to tell you how bad the people are, but the end it's all" oh look they aren't that bad just misunderstood/troubled". They probably shoulda just stuck with dark or incorporated genuine humor the first time around

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey:

Indeed, LOL. It's not a certainty, but on the morning I woke up and glanced at the reviews for BvS, they sat in the better half of the 40s range. A bar which Suicide Squad has yet to reach.

That and I didn't see anyone comparing BvS to F4. Which I've seen someone do to Suicide Squad. Not to say they're accurate, only that the critical reception of the film has not been tracking well.

Yeah. The reshoots were even rumoured to inject "more fun" into the film, which Jai Courtney covered up by correcting it as "more action." Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if it back fired.

They're trying to hard to be something they're not. They've established they're tone and their niche within the market, but now they're trying to turn that all around, only to see it blow up in their face.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hdoom16: Ayer and the cast said the reshoots were about filming more action, not humor....

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: judging by how they were done after BVS got blasted for being too dark, and how the critics say the humor in this film seems thrown in, I'd say that was a lie.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so those reshoots were actually detrimental to the film?! Come on!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for a few more reviews along with some youtubers I agree with but right now it looks like I'll be waiting for red box.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Lawz

This is what happens when you try to frame an entire expanded cinematic universe around a mediocre film.

**EDIT. I'm not gonna judge this film till I've seen it. But I'm upset with Warner Brothers.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG ! There is several reviews saying SS is worse than fantastic 4. LMFAAAAAAAAAO !!

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/suicide-squad-movie-review-w432204

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hdoom16: Well I'll say this, apparently a lot of Joker scenes got cut from this film and we will probably see them on the DVD. There are scenes that we see in the trailer that aren't in the movie.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:

@petey_is_spidey:

They're trying to hard to be something they're not. They've established they're tone and their niche within the market, but now they're trying to turn that all around, only to see it blow up in their face.

I can't help but feel bad for the guys in DC, though. BvS set out to be a thought provoking epic, and polarised it's audience and didn't turn in as much box office as Warner Bros hoped.

They add a full dose of detrimental destruction humour and fun into the film, and they are faced with criticism for it.

I hate to be that guy, but... if DC made a movie of Thor 2's quality, it probably would've gotten shitty reviews. There are double standards at play.

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: yeah, apparently he barely had screen time so what're you gonna do :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't give a shit. I'm still watching it and I'll judge it for myself.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32