#1 Edited by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's pretty much the same story as BvS.

Rotten Squad

Well, at this point it would be lucky to get MOS numbers. So much for using Batman and Joker to prop franchises and I'm kinda glad Leto's Joker is getting the worst response, between that and The Killing Joke it's time to focus on other Batman villains.

#2 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

I hopw Leto's Joker is some imposter and the real one is off somewhere else. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#3 Edited by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well, that's $13 I can spend elsewhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#4 Edited by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm honestly not surprised.

#5 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

I am shocked TBH. I really thought this film was gonna be fresh and unite fans. I am hearing the characters are good, but the story makes 0 sense.

#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

Not advocating critics folks, in case someone misunderstands, dont shoot the messenger.

#7 Posted by Jgames (8083 posts) - - Show Bio

Still watching it. BvS was okay, but yeah not a good movie (the ultimate cut was good enough, but god damn was it long). X-men apocalypse was amazing, and it had a rotten score, so still watching it.

#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

I am shocked TBH. I really thought this film was gonna be fresh and unite fans. I am hearing the characters are good, but the story makes 0 sense.

Yeah, I'm shocked that someone actually thought that could pass as a plot.

#9 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

Not advocating critics folks, in case someone misunderstands, dont shoot the messenger.

The deed is done..Like a wildfire spread through out a rainforest.

#10 Edited by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

Big deal. I get more of what I want, so I'm happy.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#11 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

I really thought this movie would be receives well by critics. How many critic reviews has Rotten Tomatoes based their score on? I don't have a PC right now and for some reason I can't see how many reviews there are from critics on Rotten Tomaotes on my phone.

Regardless, the embargo just got put down, let's wait for some few days and see how it turns out.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#12 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

So consensus seems to be that:

Deadshot is good, the show stealer apparently.

Waller is good

Harley is good, some are saying that she is amazing but others are saying that she isn't particularly special. Personally I think Robbie is a mediocre actress with almost zero charisma. She aint the next Deadpool no matter what far as I'm concerned, when the dust settles WB will be reevaluating her worth imo.

Croc and Boomer are good but have far too less to do

Diablo is decent

the others are passable

Plot is bad

Villains are bad

Joker is bad

#14 Posted by PsychoPinata (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Three strikes and you're out WB/DC #PrayForDC

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, it's making a comeback LOL., maybe there is hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
#16 Edited by deactivated-57af58bda2d61 (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

That's something. Not that movie sucks, I don't care about any of that.

That people put so much stock on the view of some thirty something hipsters with glasses with some psuedo smart persona that only care about jokes, click bait titles and random numbers to draw views to their blog so they get another bowl of ramen that week.(See I got bad jokes too) Call me an angry fan or whatever that's fine, it's not the worse thing I've been called. I just think this whole review culture is bogus, so pay me no mind.

#17 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Slayz (2236 posts) - - Show Bio

That people put so much stock on the view of some thirty something hipsters with glasses with some psuedo smart persona that only care about jokes, click bait titles and random numbers to draw views to their blog so they get another bowl of ramen that week.(See I got bad jokes too) Call me an angry fan or whatever that's fine, it's not the worse thing I've been called. I just think this whole review culture is bogus, so pay me no mind.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

@slayz said:
@luna_joestar said:

#21 Posted by Black_Arrow (10239 posts) - - Show Bio

I read some reviews that the Joker was good but not enough to make an impact due to lack of screen time and I heard plenty of other critiques that the Joker seemed to be a big part of the film but he had little screen time.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#22 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Sort of like everyone else on here, I'm surprised that the early reviews of the film are only a tick more complimentary than BVS. WB's predilection towards universe-building over storytelling (ignoring any sort of balance between the now two weights on the balance scale of major studio comic-book adaptations) is harming each individual film.

That being said, I'll still give the film a shot.

#23 Posted by modernww2fare (7017 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

Just went down to 36% with the 25th review added as the Tomatometer currently stands.

How remarkable, perhaps the score will bounce back but as of right now, it's a chilling precedent for the DCEU and WB if all their movies keep opening to negative and sceptical reviews from the critics.

#25 Posted by Havenless (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it... but this was the one. This was the movie that was going to save the DCEU.

The next one up, Wonder Woman, has some amazing fight scenes, but the plot looks more formulaic than anything since Green Lantern. I don't know if that one will do much better.

#26 Edited by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Not going to lie, this is all pretty hilarious.

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is Metacritic if anybody is interested

No Caption Provided

#28 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

Metacritic isn't much better as the score stands, mediocre isn't good enough to salvage the DCEU. Guess we should wait and see more fully though.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#29 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15382 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually been a while since critics have liked a DC film.

#30 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it... but this was the one. This was the movie that was going to save the DCEU.

The next one up, Wonder Woman, has some amazing fight scenes, but the plot looks more formulaic than anything since Green Lantern. I don't know if that one will do much better.

Now I am scared sh***less for WW, because it looks like Cap 1 in the trailers....I am scared she is just going to be fighting mostly generic soldiers & tanks...then maybe have a very short fight with whatever god they throw in there....

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#31 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

Still watching. 8 bucks and 130 minutes of my time isn't a big deal. Plus, critics have weird taste in movies...

#32 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Metacritic isn't much better as the score stands, mediocre isn't good enough to salvage the DCEU. Guess we should wait and see more fully though.

Metercritic is pretty uppitty though...RT is closer to real people. Cinemascore is the gold standard for real people though.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@lukehero said:
@lvenger said:

Metercritic is pretty uppitty though...RT is closer to real people. Cinemascore is the gold standard for real people though.

Surprised to hear you say that tbh. RT usually gets shade thrown at it for being too negative and for being haters. Why does Cinemascore get the gold standard, I'm mostly unaware of them personally.

#34 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:
@lvenger said:

I doubt that. Anybody can review on Meta and RT, all Cinemascore does is take some surveys.

#36 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @modernww2fare: Let's just wait and see, guys. The embargo got put down a few hours ago. The score will probably go up... I hope, at least.

#37 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:
@lukehero said:
@lvenger said:

Surprised to hear you say that tbh. RT usually gets shade thrown at it for being too negative and for being haters. Why does Cinemascore get the gold standard, I'm mostly unaware of them personally.

Because they poll actually living people right after they leave the theater.

CinemaScore® is the industry leader in measuring movie appeal among theatre audiences. Since 1978, CinemaScore has been polling moviegoers at major movie releases on opening night to collect demographic information and calculate a distinctive CinemaScore grade.

https://www.cinemascore.com/

If you look at the list of critics for Metacritic they are mostly "highbrow" critics that take cinema very seriously. RT has a lot of bloggers(closer to normal people) mixed in with "highbrow" critics.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw: That's what I said in post 28, I'll grant it that courtesy even if it's not my cup of tea since it lacks Snyderisms.

#39 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:
@lvenger said:

I doubt that. Anybody can review on Meta and RT, all Cinemascore does is take some surveys.

That's the point, that's why Cinemascore is more respected because it's normal people being polled right after they leave the movies.

#40 Posted by entropy_aegis (20771 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:
@lukehero said:
@lvenger said:

Cinema Score is more accurate for anticipating the final box office returns. It's scores correspond with the films revenue multipliers. For instance BvS and GL had the same score and more or less the same multiplier, it shows how willing the people who've watched movie to return for another viewing.

Avatar image for aaliyahnation79
#41 Posted by AaliyahNation79 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

FFS.. Imagine the wonder woman movie.. I wish the wonder woman movie doesn't get catwomans treatment :/

#43 Posted by Havenless (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:
@havenless said:

Now I am scared sh***less for WW, because it looks like Cap 1 in the trailers....I am scared she is just going to be fighting mostly generic soldiers & tanks...then maybe have a very short fight with whatever god they throw in there....

If Circe or Ares were in the movie, we would have heard who they cast by now. Its done filming.

#44 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say I told you so, but... I totally knew this movie would suck.

#45 Posted by StormShadow_X (16362 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow what a shocker.

#46 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36597 posts) - - Show Bio

When you mad that talking food >>>>> Batman, Joker, Harley, & Deadshot

No Caption Provided

#47 Posted by StormShadow_X (16362 posts) - - Show Bio

Its sad how many of you can turn on the flip of Rotten tomatoes.

#48 Posted by SaintWildcard (21710 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell a conspiracy

#Illuminati

#MarvelBribesCritics

#49 Posted by Battle123axe (8956 posts) - - Show Bio