#1 Edited by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you rather sit through 2 hours of poor pacing, bad editing, confusing plot, unnecessary scenes, no Joker highlights as promised from trailers and no new feats for Batman in the theatrical release?

or

Would you sit through 3 hours of what David Ayer is truly capable of with all your questions answered? That is if you've seen what Ayer was capable of before taking up this challenge so you know this DCEU train-wreck is not his fault.

When critics praise the original version, you know Ayer is doing something right. When what will be released this weekend is being shitted on, you know something is wrong but its not too late or is it?

Agree or disagree?

#2 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

WB isn't going to let them cause "3 hrs. is too long".

#3 Posted by Mfundroid (2916 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's too late.

#4 Posted by wbr17 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

and no new feats for Batman

Battle forum junk detected. lol

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#5 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

No, WB just need to let their directors direct an let their universe gradually happen instead of just forcing it to.

#6 Edited by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@wbr17 said:

That what Batman is suppose to be. Not a slow stiff dude who struggles with dogs and can't beat up a slower bald guy with asthma.

#7 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

No, WB just need to let their directors direct an let their universe gradually happen instead of just forcing it to.

Truth. I hear there is a good deal of setup for Justice League shoehorned in SS...C'mon guys have we learned nothing from BvS?

#8 Edited by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man said:
@thatguywithheadphones said:

Truth. I hear there is a good deal of setup for Justice League shoehorned in SS...C'mon guys have we learned nothing from BvS?

WB learnt jackshit. They need to stop guessing what went wrong and actually find out the real truth behind what really went wrong. I doubt someone from WB looks at comic sites to find those answers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

WB isn't going to let them cause "3 hrs. is too long".

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#10 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you rather sit through 2 hours of poor pacing, bad editing, confusing plot, unnecessary scenes, no Joker highlights as promised from trailers and no new feats for Batman in the theatrical release?

or

Would you sit through 3 hours of what David Ayer is truly capable of with all your questions answered? That is if you've seen what Ayer was capable of before taking up this challenge so you know this DCEU train-wreck is not his fault.

When critics praise the original version, you know Ayer is doing something right. When what will be released this weekend is being shitted on, you know something is wrong but its not too late or is it?

Agree or disagree?

As a battle forum guy, I appreciate that and like it and also anticipate it, but why do you prioritize it?

#11 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

WB can't keep doing this "Ultimate Edition" nonsense when The Theatrical Cut gets shat on. They have to trust the Director's vision, stop bigfooting in the process, and release the film as is, or else what was the point of the whole "Directors have creative control" BS they were spouting all those months ago.

#12 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw: If Batman is going to be in this movie and he's not the main focus of it, then there's only one thing he's here for. For some ass kicking. Batman: Assault on Arkham is a clear example of Batman's role without him being the actual focus of the story.

Then there's people who think MCU Hawkeye or MCU Black Widow can solo him just after the Civil War release.

#13 Edited by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

@wbr17 said:

That what Batman is suppose to be. Not a slow stiff dude who struggles with dogs and can't beat up a slower bald guy with asthma.

lmao

#14 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

WB can't keep doing this "Ultimate Edition" nonsense when The Theatrical Cut gets shat on. They have to trust the Director's vision, stop bigfooting in the process, and release the film as is, or else what was the point of the whole "Directors have creative control" BS they were spouting all those months ago.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#15 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_batman_ftw: If Batman is going to be in this movie and he's not the main focus of it, then there's only one thing he's here for. For some ass kicking. Batman: Assault on Arkham is a clear example of Batman's role without him being the actual focus of the story.

Then there's people who think MCU Hawkeye or MCU Black Widow can solo him just after the Civil War release.

Fair enough.

@iknowwhoyouare said:
@wbr17 said:

lmao

Lol

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#16 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree that it would solve the problem. For starters, if a Suicide Squad film needs to run at nearly 3 hours just for the story to make sense....then there's too much going on in the movie itself.

#17 Posted by soldierofel (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner Brothers presents day one DLC for their upcoming film. Pay an extra free for the film you should've gotten!

#18 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you. I like how they still ignore the fact that Zack Snyder's original vision for BvS was for better received than the theatrical release.

#19 Posted by weavile (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Is WB stupid or fully retarded? If they say something like this to the director in the first place: "2 hours maximum, have JL setup, work with it" we would have good film to watch. But nooo, they come in when the film is done and say "too long, cut down half an hour and put in more JL set up". Who the fuck can work with that.

#20 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr said:

Thank you. I like how they still ignore the fact that Zack Snyder's original vision for BvS was for better received than the theatrical release.

I still don't think they've released an official apology or pardon to Snyder after the UC.

#21 Edited by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the movie yesterday in Serbia. It was ok, not great by any means, but still watchable and funny. So are you saying WB again obstructed the work of Ayer as they did to Snyder?

#22 Posted by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: Yeah. And you can tell these directors have class bruh. Like for example Ayer apologized for saying "F Marvel" . Snyder even kinda apologized to an extent at the JL tour even after his true original vision with a degree of acclaim (Ultimate edition)

#23 Posted by Jgames (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: That what lots of report seem to be indicating. With 6 week to write the script, being edited by the people who made the trailer to reflect it, being reshoot to make it more fun, and WB trying to make it pleased the audience, instead of trusting the director.

#24 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Batman3000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: Oh it hurts to think about it. At least Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck are down there helping out.

#26 Posted by TOATOAA (1195 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

DC's problem

#27 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio
  • The damage is done..Its way too late. The movie comes out tomorrow for Christ sake!!! lmao..That would be the sadest move in cinema history if Warner Brothers even attempted to do that..And of course they would fail miserably because the overseas and domestic distributors, theater chanz already have the theatrical version locked and set to go.
  • Warner Brothers and DCEU fans alike are just going to have weather the massive shit storm this movie might get.
  • And maybe this will teach Warner Brothers to leave the damn movie alone especially when its only a few months away from the release date..And stop editing the movie to shreds..Until all your left with is a sad vision of what the director truly intended masked by explosions and a paper thin plot.
#28 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa said:
No Caption Provided

DC's problem

And that's a problem.... how?

#29 Posted by TOATOAA (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: they focus on make a serious realistic movie more then what they focus on making an actual fan movie hints why everybody enjoy's marvel so much it does not make sense it isnt supposed to make sense its just supposed to entertain us and make us have a good time not 1:30 hours of pointless talk and then squeeze the action at the end

#30 Posted by Heatforce (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa: Why given the grave situations in MoS and BvS must Superman crack jokes? What's funny about feeling alone, having your people come to destroy your new planet, having the media and the people turn aganst and blame you for things you never did, having your mother kidnapped, etc.? I don't get it. That stated, yes Groot and Rocket are awesome without a doubt.

#31 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa said:

@petey_is_spidey: they focus on make a serious realistic movie more then what they focus on making an actual fan movie hints why everybody enjoy's marvel so much it does not make sense it isnt supposed to make sense its just supposed to entertain us and make us have a good time not 1:30 hours of pointless talk and then squeeze the action at the end

First off, use periods. I can't tell when you're ideas begin and end.

Second off, you can have an entertaining movie while being serious. Being entertaining doesn't mean you pander to your audience and treat them like 10 year old children. Being entertaining means having good action sequences, having a good plot and narrative, or having good characters. There are multiple ways a movie can be entertaining. A movie can be solemn and entertaining. There's nothing that states that a movie has to follow Marvel's format to be entertaining.

The fact that you think dialogue, exposition, story buildup, and character development is "pointless talk" shows where you're maturity level is at.

#32 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with option 2, I understand the studio's position, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer 3 hours of a solid movie rather than 2.5 hours of a 'meh' one.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#33 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22672 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with option 2, I understand the studio's position, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer 3 hours of a solid movie rather than 2.5 hours of a 'meh' one.

Well, technically the full movie is roughly 2h40 min. The TC is 2h10 min

#34 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

You know what I mean...

#35 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22672 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:
@outside_85 said:

You know what I mean...

You know what I mean too...

#36 Posted by Heatforce (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa said:

Second off, you can have an entertaining movie while being serious. Being entertaining doesn't mean you pander to your audience and treat them like 10 year old children. Being entertaining means having good action sequences, having a good plot and narrative, or having good characters. There are multiple ways a movie can be entertaining. A movie can be solemn and entertaining. There's nothing that states that a movie has to follow Marvel's format to be entertaining.

The fact that you think dialogue, exposition, story buildup, and character development is "pointless talk" shows where you're maturity level is at.

I think the critics would disagree. Suicide Squad and BvS aside, remember how much hate MoS got for the different take on Superman? True we had DC purists who think every Superman interpretation must reflect earth 1 but the critics were particularly nasty. Their last introduction to Superman was a continuation of the Reeves saga and that movie was actually boring and Superman was a stalker yet it gets a positive critic rating? The critics want a status quo superman regardless of how crappy and boring the story is. Also, as long as he smiles every 5 minutes the critics don’t care about character flaws like stalking his ex.

#37 Posted by Heatforce (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@outside_85 said:

You know what I mean...

You know what I mean too...

So are we getting a director's cut if suicide squad? I thought a long time ago during production that Ayer said "no".

#38 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22672 posts) - - Show Bio

So are we getting a director's cut if suicide squad? I thought a long time ago during production that Ayer said "no".

That was likely before his film was sent to the chopping block

#39 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:
@toatoaa said:

I think the critics would disagree. Suicide Squad and BvS aside, remember how much hate MoS got for the different take on Superman? True we had DC purists who think every Superman interpretation must reflect earth 1 but the critics were particularly nasty. Their last introduction to Superman was a continuation of the Reeves saga and that movie was actually boring and Superman was a stalker yet it gets a positive critic rating? The critics want a status quo superman regardless of how crappy and boring the story is. Also, as long as he smiles every 5 minutes the critics don’t care about character flaws like stalking his ex.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, but all that means is that people hold an implicit bias against what's different (no surprise there), even if it fits the narrative.

People really wanted Clark to smile more in BvS. What da fuq would he be smiling for? There's nothing in the narrative to smile about, and it would have been completely off putting and weird. But I guarantee you if he did, people would fall in love with this Superman.

#40 Posted by TOATOAA (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey: please good sir

this is comic movies not drama

comics were made to make us entertained and cheer us up however if they gonna do a movie that is dark and mature do it right

look at some comics and how they handle drama gore entertainment very well comics like (the killing joke,watchmen,wolverine old man logan ....etc ) why are those entertaining huh ? how did they manage to entertain me if the same aspects used in them is the same used in all of dc movies cause dc producers cant handle their own movie plots well they are like screw having fun make it dark mature because we like to make everything realistic

you dont like my talk ? well why dont you tell that to marvel who is sitting on 10 billion dollars + from their franchises

#41 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa said:

@petey_is_spidey: please good sir

comics were made to make us entertained and cheer us up however if they gonna do a movie that is dark and mature do it right

look at some comics and how they handle drama gore entertainment very well comics like (the killing joke,watchmen,wolverine old man logan ....etc ) why are those entertaining huh ? how did they manage to entertain me if the same aspects used in them is the same used in all of dc movies cause dc producers cant handle their own movie plots well they are like screw having fun make it dark mature because we like to make everything realistic

you dont like my talk ? well why dont you tell that to marvel who is sitting on 10 billion dollars + from their franchises

Lol, like bruh you're making no sense. You're whole logic is that because comics were created for fun (which is wrong, but I'll get to that later), they cannot be dark. That's horrid logic you got there. High Heels were originally created for men, but now females where them; gunpowder was originally created for fireworks, but now are used for firearms; likewise, superhero comics were originally created for multiple purposes. Some where to give hope to the little guy, the oppressed middle class, which is shown in early issues of Action Comics. Superman is often seen fighting big bankers, con artist, the selfish rich, petty thugs, and even murders. He was created as a voice for the little guy. OBVIOUSLY, this role has changed and for 50+ years Superman comics are written to entertain the readers with Superman's various adventures. Should we only make Superman comics where he's fighting for the little guy and spends his time beating up corrupt bankers and stopping petty crimes?

Captain America was originally created as American Propaganda, a way to raise soldier's and the American people's morale while at war by showing a buffed up American single handily taking out Hydra agents. Now of course they couldn't keep writing stories of him fighting Hydra goons, so he evolved and so did his stories. Granted, he still fights for the American way and does occasionally beat up Hydra, but his stories are much more than that. Should we only have Captain America films where he spends the entire movie beating the shit outta Germans? After all, that is why he was originally created.

There are plenty of other cases. For example, WW was created for feminist and a way to show little girls that woman could also be strong. During WW2, much of the men were off fighting the war, so woman had to take their place in the workforce, and WW was a perfect feminist figure for the time.

Batman originally murdered, should that be the new norm in future Batman films????

Secondly, you have yet to tell me what's so inherently wrong about creating a CBM who focuses on realism instead of "jokes", because there isn't!

And what the hell are you rambling about in that paragraph???? Mother of God you can't type.

Lastly, what the hell does Marvel making $10 billion through the MCU do for you or your illogical argument? Lol. Are you getting any piece of that pie? Is Marvel paying you to spew BS over the internet?

I love it when people point out other's financial success, as if it makes their argument better.

#42 Posted by TOATOAA (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

you clearly didn't understand what i said i dont care about the movie being dark and mature nor do i care about it being light heart and roses everywhere i care about entertainment and good adaptations and as far as i am concerned most of the people who watched BvS and MoS agree with me on that point

and btw wtf is this

And what the hell are you rambling about in that paragraph???? Mother of God you can't type.

No Caption Provided

if anything it looks to me that you are the one who is being paid by DC to talk good about their movies if you cant accept the fact that DC is going down hill with her new movies then you must have some sord of brain damage (look at the critics and reviews fan reaction and box office and tell me again that dc movies are great )

and don't start with the paragraph BS please you sound like an old man who cant hear properly

#43 Posted by StormShadow_X (16355 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11547 posts) - - Show Bio

@toatoaa said:

you clearly didn't understand what i said i dont care about the movie being dark and mature nor do i care about it being light heart and roses everywhere i care about entertainment and good adaptations and as far as i am concerned most of the people who watched BvS and MoS agree with me on that point

and btw wtf is this

@petey_is_spidey said:

No Caption Provided

if anything it looks to me that you are the one who is being paid by DC to talk good about their movies if you cant accept the fact that DC is going down hill with her new movies then you must have some sord of brain damage (look at the critics and reviews fan reaction and box office and tell me again that dc movies are great )

and don't start with the paragraph BS please you sound like an old man who cant hear properly

I'm sorry if I can't read this incoherent crap, which seems to be 5 different sentences stuffed into one.

Also, you are very inconsistent. One minute you're saying this

they focus on make a serious realistic movie more then what they focus on making an actual fan movie hints why everybody enjoy's marvel so much it does not make sense it isnt supposed to make sense its just supposed to entertain us and make us have a good time not 1:30 hours of pointless talk and then squeeze the action at the end

In which you say it's not supposed to make sense (though no one ever made mention of anything making sense. You literally grabbed that out of thin air) then say it's not supposed to make sense. What's not supposed to make sense? What are you even talking about? The story? The tone? If you think those things shouldn't make sense, that basically tells me you'll eat up any movie put in front of you as long as it's not dark.

You must be 10.

entertainment and good adaptations and as far as i am concerned most of the people who watched BvS and MoS agree with me on that point

So you enjoy a good adaptation, but you like most of the MCU films? The Thor films are a disgrace to their source material. Hawkeye and Black Widow are NOTHING like their comic book counterparts, and nearly all their villains have been a spat in the face to their originals, BUT YOU LIKE GOOD ADAPTATIONS?!?!?! If that's why you like the MCU, than you're lying to yourself.

Then you state this subjective crap, which is wrong, as if it was a fact

comics were made to make us entertained and cheer us up

I don't know if you've noticed, but comics are a form of drama....

And here we go again with the "most people weren't entertained" bs, which is again, false.

MoS has a 75% approval rating on RT, and BvS has a 65% (and this is only for the TC). Now those are not fantastic, but they are FAR from being the minority.

#45 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you guys are being too quick to assume that any version of this movie was good.

#46 Posted by TOATOAA (1195 posts) - - Show Bio