subscriptions

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By speedlgt

Does anyone subscribe to (marvel DC) comics? I go the store to get them but I have really conisdered subscribing since its a bit cheaper.

Also I was wondering how the ship em I mean do they come in a bag with the cardstock backing or do they end up all folded and jacked in your mail box!

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By iwan

I do, but I pick them up from my local store so the condition isn't an issue.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

It sucks, sometimes it gets bent and folded. It gets shipped in a sealed plastic with a cardboard in it.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speedlgt

at the shop I go to I see alot of guys come in a say "number 45" or something and then the comicbook guy goes to the back and brings him a stack of his stuff I guess. so is that something common or do u have to pay your local store for that service?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Martian

I don't really have a local store so I have to get all my comics from subscriptions and buying online.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zero edge

I think that's a pull list. Comic shops let members create a pull list, and you choose what comics you want when they release, and when it does he puts it in your list. I don't know if all the places you have to pay, most likely yes though, I had to pay at my shop to get a pull list going.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By NiteFly

zero edge says:

"I think that's a pull list. Comic shops let members create a pull list, and you choose what comics you want when they release, and when it does he puts it in your list. I don't know if all the places you have to pay, most likely yes though, I had to pay at my shop to get a pull list going."

Seriously!!? You have to Pay to get your books pulled? That really sucks. The shops where I live all do it for free and give you a discount off anything in your folder. I get 15% off my books and smaller folders get 10% off.

Anyway, to answer your question it's all about personal preference. I have known some people that have had problems with mail-order subscriptions directly from the publisher because they are not packaged extremely well. If you want a bunch of books each month there are mail-order places that you can have an account with that will take all your books in certain intervals, package them up well, and ship them to you while still saving you money off cover price. I get a pretty good discount on my books at my local store, plus something you get at a store that you can't get with mail-order is the personalized service. I know all the guys that work at my local store and since it is a small shop they know what I like to read and can make suggestions of new cool things based on what I like. It's all a matter of personal preference, however if none of the stores around me offered a discount I would probably use one of the mail-order companies.
Post Edited:2007-12-01 13:18:03

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zero edge

NiteFly says:

"zero edge says:
"I think that's a pull list. Comic shops let members create a pull list, and you choose what comics you want when they release, and when it does he puts it in your list. I don't know if all the places you have to pay, most likely yes though, I had to pay at my shop to get a pull list going."

Seriously!!? You have to Pay to get your books pulled? That really sucks. The shops where I live all do it for free and give you a discount off anything in your folder. I get 15% off my books and smaller folders get 10% off.

Anyway, to answer your question it's all about personal preference. I have known some people that have had problems with mail-order subscriptions directly from the publisher because they are not packaged extremely well. If you want a bunch of books each month there are mail-order places that you can have an account with that will take all your books in certain intervals, package them up well, and ship them to you while still saving you money off cover price. I get a pretty good discount on my books at my local store, plus something you get at a store that you can't get with mail-order is the personalized service. I know all the guys that work at my local store and since it is a small shop they know what I like to read and can make suggestions of new cool things based on what I like. It's all a matter of personal preference, however if none of the stores around me offered a discount I would probably use one of the mail-order companies.
Post Edited:2007-12-01 13:18:03"

Yeah the one I went to you had to pay for membership for a year (like 20 something bucks), and it gives you a percentage discount on all books for that whole year.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iwan

My one's free, I even get 10% discount :)

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rotten gun

i cant believe people have to pay.... i've got immortal ironfist, cable and deadpool and new avengers on my list at the comic shop... they shouldn't charge as you are a garaunteed customer