Strongest Digimon That Arceus and Mewtwo could beat as a team?

Avatar image for tchallaisopness
TchallaisOpness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Scenerio 1: In the Digi Verse

Scenerio 2: On Earth

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Ultimate Level probably. Or maybe one of the earlier mega's

Avatar image for tchallaisopness
TchallaisOpness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone doesn't know, Arceus and Mew two are The strongest Pokemon ever

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt you'll find many Digimon fans who don't know who Arceus and Mewtwo are. Pokemon fans are generally oblivious to Digimon lore just because most see it as an inferior "rip off", while most Digimon fans at least play the Pokemon games.

As for the question, it's hard to say. There is well over a thousand Digimon in the setting, and a good chunk of them are mega level or above.

Mewtwo at his strongest I'd say is comparable to a lower mega level Digimon, but with some high tier ultimates like Myotismon being able to rival him. Weaker Mewtwos are probably solidly ultimate level. The main thing is most Digimon never interact with telepathy, so it'd be hard to argue if any Digimon could overcome what he did to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon movie.

Arceus gets a lot more controversial. A lot of people class him anywhere between Galactus to the Living Tribunal, with some going so far as to call him a true omnipotent. However whenever Arceus fights he doesn't really employ his reality warping powers, but rather fights like an exceptionally strong Pokemon, and he has been shown to be vulnerable to normal Pokemon attacks without his plates.

There are a lot of higher end mega level Digimon that can replicate the power of that meteor that downed Arceus, so that's about where I'd place him in a purely combat scenario. He can maybe beat a Royal Knight like Omegamon or Alphamon.

If we do accept that Arceus can employ his universal reality warping powers in combat, despite generally not doing that, then the number of Digimon that can beat him drop considerably. Neo and ZeedMilenniummon come to mind. Below these two it gets almost impossible to say because at that point we have a lot of super hyped "strongest Digimon ever" who don't have the feats to put them on the universal scale because they have like, ONE showing of beating a super powerful guy in one hit and then never showing up again.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

I seriously doubt you'll find many Digimon fans who don't know who Arceus and Mewtwo are. Pokemon fans are generally oblivious to Digimon lore just because most see it as an inferior "rip off", while most Digimon fans at least play the Pokemon games.

As for the question, it's hard to say. There is well over a thousand Digimon in the setting, and a good chunk of them are mega level or above.

Mewtwo at his strongest I'd say is comparable to a lower mega level Digimon, but with some high tier ultimates like Myotismon being able to rival him. Weaker Mewtwos are probably solidly ultimate level. The main thing is most Digimon never interact with telepathy, so it'd be hard to argue if any Digimon could overcome what he did to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon movie.

Arceus gets a lot more controversial. A lot of people class him anywhere between Galactus to the Living Tribunal, with some going so far as to call him a true omnipotent. However whenever Arceus fights he doesn't really employ his reality warping powers, but rather fights like an exceptionally strong Pokemon, and he has been shown to be vulnerable to normal Pokemon attacks without his plates.

There are a lot of higher end mega level Digimon that can replicate the power of that meteor that downed Arceus, so that's about where I'd place him in a purely combat scenario. He can maybe beat a Royal Knight like Omegamon or Alphamon.

If we do accept that Arceus can employ his universal reality warping powers in combat, despite generally not doing that, then the number of Digimon that can beat him drop considerably. Neo and ZeedMilenniummoncome to mind. Below these two it gets almost impossible to say because at that point we have a lot of super hyped "strongest Digimon ever" who don't have the feats to put them on the universal scale because they have like, ONE showing of beating a super powerful guy in one hit and then never showing up again.

That's being way too generous.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Possibly. I was airing on the side of caution and gave Arceus the benefit of a doubt.

Where do you think he'd stop?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I know nothing of Arceus. But Mewtwo is maybe low Mega at best.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@metaljimmor: Like you said Arceus is a glass cannon at best by his combat showings, and a lot of Digimon could beat him just by tagging him with their more powerful attacks. I'd say Seraphimon would be a good match for it. Really any Celestial level Digimon should be capable of beating Arceus.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for mewtwo i'd say ultimate level digimons. arceus on the other hand i'd say lower mega tier level digimons at best but high tiers say like celestial digimons or royal knights no.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know Digimon gets pretty OP at the mega level, but Arceus created the Pokémon multiverse. He's pretty far up there. Mewtwo, from what's been shown so far, would be low mega level. Arceus should be nigh-unbeatable.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: yes arceus is supposedly a god or whatever but he has shown to be vulnerable to even human attacks. most digimons aren't shown to be harmed by human weapons.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they can beat people like Lucemon or Piedmon. I can see them beating low megas though

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've often felt BlackWargreymon would be a good match up for Mewtwo. At the very least it would make for a really interesting crossover.

They are both artifical creations that mimic an existing powerhouse of the franchise. They both ended up seeing combat as their true purpose in life, Mewtwo hoping to prove himself the ultimate Pokemon while BlackWargreymon hopes to find an enemy that can slay him in battle. They both end up having a change of heart later in their arcs and find value in life.

I can't think of a better thematic crossover than for these two characters to fight.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dex entry Arceus is a universal reality warper

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Most at high-end ultimate. The Mega level of Digimons would be too much for the entire Pokemon verse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

highest digimon they could beat