Strong characters with the dumbest weaknesses

• 66 results
Avatar image for christianrapper
#1 Posted by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

What planetary and above character do you guys think has the dumbest weakness? I would say it’s Gladiator. That confidence weakness is just dumb. It really tops kryptonite imo. At least superman can scan for it or just blow it away (which he hardly ever does). Kallark can’t do that at all. All you have to do is bring in someone who’s “that guy” and you win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8317971872
#2 Posted by deactivated-5cc8317971872 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's weakness consist of glowing rocks and a red lamp i don't think anyone can top that

#3 Posted by Toratorn (8032 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Hulk can and got shafted by lamps.

#4 Edited by GXrevs06 (5103 posts) - - Show Bio

@notcensored said:

Superman's weakness consist of glowing rocks and a red lamp i don't think anyone can top that

That is oversimplifying it. Kryptonite is substance that originates from Superman's home world and it emits a unique type of radiation that can kill kryptonian cells. The "red lamp" simulates red solar radiation and replaces the existing yellow sun radiation in his cells, which effectively de-powers him. Red sunlight in itself doesn't harm him. It merely strips him of his power. They are both logical, thought out weaknesses that do make sense.

#5 Posted by GXrevs06 (5103 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Kaminari from BNHA. Using his powers at high voltage fries his brain and turns him into a idiot

Hal's weakness to the colour yellow

#6 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36946 posts) - - Show Bio

In real life confidence is important and can affect a person’s performance. So I don’t see why that’s a dumb weakness. Kryptonite is dumb and was only created because the writers wanted an easy way to depower an overpowered character.

#7 Posted by Cramem (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lantern with his yellow weakness

#8 Posted by ByondEon (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and his weakness to puppies..

#9 Posted by baph (2568 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan's weakness to yellow

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Alan Scott's weakness to wood.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#10 Posted by TheHercules (1033 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Thanos; police officers.

#11 Posted by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: actually kryptonite was created because the guy playing superman on the radio was on vacation. Confidence doesn’t actually make you physically stronger or weaker.

#12 Posted by Green_Tea (10620 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

Current Hulk can and got shafted by lamps.

#13 Posted by RandomGuy287 (2060 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by PenguinDust (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

I think original Green Lantern, Alan Scott had a vulnerability to wood.

#16 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9502 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. He got his ass beat up by squirrel girl.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#17 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9783 posts) - - Show Bio

Magetta has a weakness to insults. (Come to think of it, that's kind of a confidence weakness as well).

#18 Posted by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

one dumb weakness was wonder woman's weakness to a man tying her hands behind her back. that was just creepy.

#19 Posted by Gaoron (9525 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Richubs (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman can take anything at herself unless it's a bullet because then she dies.

#21 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29576 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman lol.

And I'm ngl, Wonder Woman and bullets is pretty unsettling at times.

#22 Posted by kgb725 (19671 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ByondEon (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Thanos; police officers.

Don't forget kids as well..

#24 Posted by Lan_Fan (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

one dumb weakness was wonder woman's weakness to a man tying her hands behind her back. that was just creepy.

Kinky.

#25 Edited by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Darkseid's weakness stairs.

#26 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8350 posts) - - Show Bio

WW’s weakness to bullets

#27 Posted by Darkthunder (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmh weakness is fire, gladiator's weakness is confidence

#28 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29576 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Supermanthor (22668 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: not only bullets any piecing weapons if I am not mistaken

OT GL yellow color smh

#30 Edited by TheHercules (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman should be weak to piercing, but not that level. 'Mortal' weapons as Bullets and such, shouldn't do nothing to her, bullets are too common and no special!

Swords, Spears and Axes -'' Should cut and pierce her because of the battle, and she's related to war and that kind of stuff'' That's what I think

#31 Edited by King_Krown (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06 said:
@notcensored said:

That is oversimplifying it. Kryptonite is substance that originates from Superman's home world and it emits a unique type of radiation that can kill kryptonian cells. The "red lamp" simulates red solar radiation and replaces the existing yellow sun radiation in his cells, which effectively de-powers him. Red sunlight in itself doesn't harm him. It merely strips him of his power. They are both logical, thought out weaknesses that do make sense.

It always boils down to someone throwing a rock at him like the plot device it is. And the dude with Superspeed. heighten reaction doesn't move. That's why it's so stupid.

Anywho

Superman & Kryptonite

Wonder Woman & Bullets

Avatar image for ancientdarksider
#32 Edited by AncientDarksider (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott weakness is wood. Example being a wooden baseball bat. What is funnier I remember my jewish friend mentioned a number #2 pencil.

Green Lantern the color yellow. Example being a banana.

A lot of superheroes have or had very dumb weaknesses, but these two the cake.

#33 Posted by GXrevs06 (5103 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06 said:
@notcensored said:

It always boils down to someone throwing a rock at him like the plot device it is. And the dude with Superspeed. heighten reaction doesn't move. That's why it's so stupid.

Anywho

Superman & Kryptonite

Wonder Woman & Bullets

It does not have to be in the form of a rock.

You can't react to something if you are tricked or caught off guard.

#34 Posted by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevs06 said:
@notcensored said:

Anywho

Superman & Kryptonite

Wonder Woman & Bullets

not to mention a lot of time the kryptonite isn't even sealed in lead. it's just hidden somewhere and he doesn't feel the effect of it until someone reveals it. it was there the whole time and he doesn't feel it until someone dramatically reveals it. that bugs me also. king brown has a point. superman can always just move out the way, blow it away, or maybe just search for the ONE substance on earth that he is weakens him.

#35 Posted by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: @lan_fan:

"My ability to talk to fish is of no help Wonder Woman!"

Loading Video...

only the first half of this is the original, but ww's look is freaking priceless. LOL!

#36 Posted by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

I think original Green Lantern, Alan Scott had a vulnerability to wood.

This was the first thing on my mind.

Also Wonder Woman for being able to take hits from the likes of Superman but her body can't take a bullet.

#37 Edited by christianrapper (6462 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said: said: I think original Green Lantern, Alan Scott had a vulnerability to wood.

This was the first thing on my mind.

Also Wonder Woman for being able to take hits from the likes of Superman but her body can't take a bullet.

she is supposed to be weak to piercing strikes which is bull crap by feats. she has survived and sometimes tanked nuclear missiles which have far more shrapnel and piercing force than one freaking bullet. a missile basically contains every kind of trauma and she can survive that but gets hurt by a single bullet.

#38 Edited by MethoKi (12575 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking of DCEU Wonder Woman, thinking of Pre-52 Diana gives me a headache in that regard.

#39 Posted by Gokluma (9091 posts) - - Show Bio

beat a Namekian with just whistling in lord slug film

#40 Posted by AstralOrange (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom is defeated by sound. SOUND.

#41 Posted by Subline (9035 posts) - - Show Bio

RBT - Weakness to bait.

#42 Posted by adamTRMM (9415 posts) - - Show Bio

DC are the fathers of idiotic weaknesses...

#43 Posted by LeoTheGreatest (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

A green rock

Fire

Sound

A word

#44 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8350 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine Superman walking into a room with a kryptonite lava lamp.

His strength is even dumber, he's only strong on Earth cause the atmosphere is different. Superman is a goof

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
#46 Posted by deactivated-5d07416730d08 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter has addiction of chocolate which makes him to loss intellect.

#47 Edited by beatboks1 (10184 posts) - - Show Bio

Being weak to a radioactive substance from your home planet where you have no powers isnt stupid. The way its applied sometimes is though

Lead as a weakness for Mon-el is pretty stupid

When Alan Scot had the wood weakness was too. The explanation didnt ring true. So his power comes from the green (the magic bbn of life) meaning he couldnt harm life so couldn't affect trees. In his origin story he killed the bad guys who caused the explosion that killed his friends and made the ring find hin. Shouldnt a power not harming life have not worked to do that.

Wonder Woman being bound by a man is as stupid as it gets.

Classic Dr Fate without his helmet (and its magic) having a lung weakness was also. Especially when he was shown overcome by being lassoed and choked (i mean how does putting a rope around the nwck of a class 100 invulnerable individual allow a normal man to cut off his air supply??

MMH weakness to fire also damn stupid

#48 Posted by beatboks1 (10184 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine Superman walking into a room with a kryptonite lava lamp.

His strength is even dumber, he's only strong on Earth cause the atmosphere is different. Superman is a goof

His strength has nothing ro do with atmosphere he has super strength in many parts of the universe. Hes even flown across it.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#49 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Wouldn't people be classified under the Red the lifeforce of Animals. The green is specifically about nature so it makes a little sense, still dumb.

#50 Posted by The_Kidd (12419 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH fire weakness is psychological which he has been able to overcome at times.