• 175 results
eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eslay03

Season 4 of Stranger Things has been announced to release in two volumes. To quote the Duffer Brothers, the reasoning behind this is because of the season’s “unprecedented length” and “to get it to (viewers) as soon as possible.” Matter of fact, the Duffers claim that this season is “nearly twice the length of any previous season.”

Volume 1 will release on May 27 and Volume 2 will release on July 1st.

On top of that, the Duffer Brothers confirmed that Season 5 of Stranger Things will be the last.

Below is the statement from the Duffer Brothers and the promotional images for Season 4:

This quite surprising, but it’s exciting we’re getting a larger season! I’d assume that’s part of the reason for the prolonged wait.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Interesting. Glad it's ending with season 5; didn't want this show to go on for too long.

Say what you will about Netflix, but at least they normally know when to stop a show.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

@mrmonster: I've said it before and I'll say it again 5-6 seasons is when all shows should end.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot about this series. These kids must look like grown-ups now

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: I've said it before and I'll say it again 5-6 seasons is when all shows should end.

Assuming it isn‘t written to wrap up earlier, yeah. There’s very few exceptions of a show going longer and still being consistently great. I’ve always trusted the Duffers with Stranger Things. They truly care about their product so it doesn’t surprise me they’re not running it into the ground just because it’s a money-maker.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eslay03
@mazahs117 said:

I completely forgot about this series. These kids must look like grown-ups now

They’ve certainly gotten older. It’ll be 3 years in between seasons by the time Season 4 comes out. Luckily, they’re playing high schoolers now so it shouldn’t be too jarring. It’s definitely weird to look back at how young they were at the start of the series though.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After 700 years...

Avatar image for deactivated-6349385499256
deactivated-6349385499256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 3 was pretty off ngl. Still looking forward though.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I know there’s a separate thread devoted to just the trailer, but I thought I’d drop it here too.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got around to watching it. Wow! What an incredible trailer. I couldn’t be more hype.

I also like how much of the story is still unknown. That’s exactly how I like my trailers.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very neat Easter egg found by some fans on Reddit…: Link

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eslay03
@akz said:
@eslay03 said:

Very neat Easter egg found by some fans on Reddit…: Link

That’s cool and all but the Duffer Bros. and Netflix instagram page both already revealed the new villain’s name to be Vecna.

Right, but Vecna could be titled Hell Master as well. Or, it could just be eluding to the fact that he is the “Master of Hell (the upside down)”.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm, what?

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Am I missing/forgetting something that’s happening in 8 days? Lol

I’m trying to keep my expectations in check but my first thought was that they’re releasing Vol. 1 early.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My goodness. Hopefully this is a good thing. I’m leaning that way after both S2 and S3 failed to give every character a defined arc. Maybe with a longer runtime, the entire cast can get their due.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started watching this show yesterday, I'm on episode 4 of season 1, and I'm loving it! I can definitely see why this show is so loved and highly rated.

I'm gonna try to finish in the next 2 days so I'm fully caught up just in time for the new season.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started watching this show yesterday, I'm on episode 4 of season 1, and I'm loving it! I can definitely see why this show is so loved and highly rated.

I'm gonna try to finish in the next 2 days so I'm fully caught up just in time for the new season.

My man! Yes, it’s a gem. While I prefer S3, S1 is a near-perfect season. The way everything ties together, and how every character has a strong arc is very commendable. S2, while starting a little slow, ends with perhaps the best two episodes of the show. And S3 is some for the most fun I’ve had watching TV. Feel free to drop your thoughts here about anything!

Avatar image for primalgroudon43
PrimalGroudon43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so hyped <3

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping for the release today.

Vegito315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi better

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for primalgroudon43
PrimalGroudon43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't watch yet but gonna start later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ep 1-3 were too slow, there are too many unnecessary scenes. These episodes are mid.

Ep 4-6 are decent.

Ep 7 is pretty good, the best episode so far.

Bad news for the people who are expecting better feats, there's not much out there. Disintegration and BFR are only accessible if Eleven is bloodlusted. Psionics may have regen.

Can't wait for Ep 8-9.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no reason for this show to exist for 4 seasons... It had a really good first season where it should have ended IMO. After that it had an ok 2nd one, the 3rd one was ass and i dont even plan to see the 4th one.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The plot armour for the main characters is too much for me lol, that ginger girl is possessed for like a whole 10 minutes before she starts floating and is about to get crack’d, but the black kid gets possessed and starts floating and gets crack’d instantly?

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the first episode: The first ten minutes and the last five minutes were the most intense this show has ever been.

JaneThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 3 shows to watch now. SAOs4, Kenobi and this. Sweet

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Yep, they really upped the horror element. Scariest season by far and I like it.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

this season was some of the best television i’ve ever seen. the horror, the action, the mystery. it’s absolutely perfect. one of the twists in the last episode genuinely had my jaw on the floor.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophisticated_ignorance: it’s because max ran away and the other kid didn’t. it’s similar to how barb died in the upside down, meanwhile will survived for days on end. i agree the characters have a certain degree of plot armor, but i am still worried about any of them dying because they are such great and wonderfully characterized characters

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: the fourth season is the best one. season 3 was pretty good too. i personally didn’t love season 2, but the show has now proven it can improve

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydratedfubuki6: eleven hasn’t even had her powers. you got a flashback to her as a child using her powers. she used them 1 time in the present, and to be fair eleven doesn’t really need any more feats. she’s already displayed she’s quite fond of internal attacks so not many live action characters can really defeat her anyway.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: So, it's already your favourite season even though there are still two episodes left?

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Yep, they really upped the horror element. Scariest season by far and I like it.

Exactly.

• Season 1 and 2 were Sci Fi thrillers.
  • Season 3 was a quirky 80s summer film.
  • And Season 4 is a 80s horror film.
EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: considering i’ve watched like 10 hours of content already and loved everything (especially the characters), the only way this isn’t the best season is if the last two episodes are genuinely some of the worst television ever, and stranger things usually has incredible season finales so i doubt that.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two episodes through at the moment. It's been surprisingly not that bad considering the burning wreck of a season that was the prior entry. Episode 1 is slow in terms of plot progression (not that much happens really) but bakes in a lot of strong character related stuff (which has always been a weak point of ST going back as far as S1. The consistent theme of this show has been underdeveloping strong concepts with regard to character, or just outright being shit at it). Likewise, it returns the show to its roots with a tone and atmosphere befitting of it (unlike S3, which was actually just embarrassing to watch). Episode 2 then builds on the aforementioned by generating compelling mystery and intruige in a way that hasn't been done since S1, and by extension playing to the show's strengths. Right now it's acing in that department, and so might actually achieve the great feat season 1 managed; being a little better than mediocre (which S2 failed at (being entirely mediocre overall, with some positives), and S3 came nowhere close to (being outright trash)). All in all I'm actually excited to watch, and it's not being done as a chore because the show is popular and people who I like watch it.

This said, what the actual hell are they doing with Eleven this season? The character regression is disgusting, and annoys me because the rest of the cast actually seems to be getting positive stuff in this area (Lucas's loyalty shift, Max's trauma, Jonathan and Nancy's relationship issues etc etc). The whole point of S2 is that she overcomes her trauma/heals her wounds (symbolically represented by the closing of the gate) and learns not to draw solely from anger. Her season 3 arc of being too dependent on Mike and vice versa was underfocused on and was thus not good, but at least it was original. Once again returning to "El gets angry and lashes out without control because she's traumatised from when she was a child" is just lazy. As is the implication that she killed a bunch of helpless children who were being used the same as her in a fit of rage, and the way that's being used to weirdly attempt to score sympathy points for the character who literally represented abuse and pain/was an obstacle for Eleven to overcome both physically and psychologically.

Similarly, Mike and Will's drama echoes the previous season, and shows that these two characters have been mined for content completely and utterly, at least as regards their relationship with each other. Just keep them apart and have the primary focus be their relationships with other characters. I can't deal with any more of this repetitive nonsense. It's not character butchering, but it shows a clear lack of creativity, which is sad since the rest of this season thus far has been a breath of fresh air from a show that last season was bankrupt of good ideas (the content was original, but it was shit).

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KillianDuclark

This season was a marked improvement over seasons 2 and 3. And so long as it sticks the landing, I would say it was a solid 8/10.

Xehn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its already better then mid game

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished all 7 of the currently released episodes, amazing.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished all 7 of the currently released episodes, amazing.