• 114 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
deactivated-5c522ab96172e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thekinfing: @krleavenger: Just my input in this, but Strange's most impressive feats for me are actually in the 90s/earlier 2000s, which is already part of the modern times in the character's publication. I don't think the problem was solely and only because Strange lacked a considerable amount of appearances(Not saying they didn't play a big deal though), I think it was more given the fact how he stayed depowered trough most of them, like during the New Avengers series by Bendis.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

Powerscaling is only acceptable for anime/manga characters, comic book characters are not allowed to scale to anyone and must only have clear-cut feats.

This. Also: statements can apply to most anime(barring DBZ), but they aren't viable when used for comic verses, or verses like Star Wars and Warhammer. :/

Both of you nailed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1
deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth is, my left buttcheek cheek solos all verses. It makes perfect sense according to a lot of what I read. Lol.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#104  Edited By Supermanthor

@krleavenger: why people compare gladiator to superman and hulk ?

For me it's a strange comic Vine logic lol

Virtuozzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Quick question, can you list me current Thors low showings? Why they are low showings? And why do we ignore his high showings?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@toratorn:

How about in the VERY SAME SENTENCE where he claimed that he will destroy the planet? You know, the one where he claimed that he will kill Saitama? And then failed to do just that?

Because Saitama split the beam and not of it was able to touch Earth. Not being able to kill Saitama is because he is Saitama. Other times he would just say no normal being could withstand the beam and not necessarily Saitama himself.

Yes it is. If a character claims that he can planet bust but never busts a planet or hurts a character with planetary durability, then his claim doesn't stand up to scrunity. Especially if he was extremely buttmad when he claimed he can planet-bust.

Not showing a completely different case from contradicting. Like I said, what exactly could Boros get from lying? The beam itself circling the planet gave us the implication that it could.

"Lessened its power" based on what, exactly? Literally nothing implied or hinted that beam became less powerful afterwards. Nothing happened to the beam, it was simply split into two beams that went into different derections.

I find that in the same manner as splitting the beam, but besides that you get the idea. None of it touched the planet so there is no reason to doubt.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Snake is hypersonic cuz he dodged a railgun once, he's Spiderman levels of physicality!!!

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

"Natural lightning in fiction isn't the same speed as natural lightning irl."

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virtuozzo said:

@krleavenger: Quick question, can you list me current Thors low showings? Why they are low showings? And why do we ignore his high showings?

Just want to drop by to mention my favorite recent Thor low showing, saying he can't destroy a bridge in Thor(2018) #2

No Caption Provided

Additionally, the text at the start of Unworthy Thor sorta implies he was weakened

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Kevd4wg

@supremegeneration said:

Nothing will trump “classic characters =/= modern versions” or “MCU Cap loses to civilian with a sword cause he never fought swordsman”.

But that's true, to say otherwise is kinda ignorant. Galactus has no official amp yet has completely changed power and status wise since the Trial of Galactus, Thor fights completely differently now then he did back in the 60's where he abused hax, now he has much better physicals but like no hax. Hell his fighting style has changed significantly since the early 2000's. Things are obviously gonna change over the course of 50 years.

Edit: To Clarify, I'm not saying classic instances aren't usable for modern characters, but it's important to note it's been a long ass time since those comics have been written and a lot of characters(not all) have changed since then.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this "A sucks because B beat him and B is featless" If B is a new character with no established feat before fighting A, then It simply means B is just that good.

B being featless means there's nothing to count against A for losing to him. It's entirely different If B is already established to be weak in that case you can use that lose as an argument why A is no good.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys think comic vine is the only site which produces ridiculous logic?

No Caption Provided

Cringed and facepalmed the whole way through, this guy has zero understanding of comics, and he calls himself a fan

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet timing = super Sonic by default.

Super soldier can beat Aquaman.

When character C preforms X with full might, and then fights character T casually, who is weaker than Character F, F > C. Looking at you VBW.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jko1 said:

The dumbest one has to be that attack potency=/=durability. That argument is strait up just pseudo science. WHATEVER FORCE YOU CAN OUTPUT IS EQUAL TO WHATEVER FORCE YOU CAN TAKE. It’s newton’s third law of motion guys.

There are a lot of characters with higher damage output than they have durability. Mostly magic users or people who project energy from their bodies to attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

Split durability and combat speed being a thing.

1. People salty about speed blitz *Cough Cough Marvel fans Cough Cough*

2. Piercing durability =/= Blunt force durability. This has got to be the stupidest and most brain dead concept I've heard here on CV.