Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I just recently discovered the show.

Holy crab, it's awesome!!!

So... here is a fan-thread. Anyone wanna talk about Rebecca Sugar's animated master piece?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow, not even a single post for 7 months? Shameful.

Giving this a bump for the new season! >:3

Can't wait to see what the diamonds are going to do now after what Peridot did.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amethyst has a nice booty

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved YD's design, but the neck's gonna take some getting use to .

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, not even a single post for 7 months? Shameful.

Giving this a bump for the new season! >:3

Can't wait to see what the diamonds are going to do now after what Peridot did.

They honestly don't have to do anything; as far as they know, she's marooned on a planet fated to die.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved YD's design, but the neck's gonna take some getting use to .

I actually dig it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: IDK, with the amount of disrespect Peridot showed her, she might want to do something out of principle

Amethyst has a nice booty

Yeah she does = 3=

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Getting interesting, can't wait to see what the Cluster looks like.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I love this show.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I want Steven to fall down a cliff and die a horrible slow death.....wait, wrong thread

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp last episode of the bomb was pretty adorable. I'd give this bomb a solid 80/100

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Getting interesting, can't wait to see what the Cluster looks like.

You do realize that if we see the Cluster, then the planet goes buy-buy, right? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: They do have to dig down to it to get rid of it, yes? Therefore, we should be able to see what it looks like at least, you clod.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, episode 78 was hilarious. Especially Peridot's fan-pairing of what's supposed to be an anime lel. Wonder what would have happened if Garnet really did fuse with Peridot though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Great show! Teen Steven was awesome, and Yellow Diamond was cool too!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

This probably goes against the whole theme of the show, but I wish Steven wasn't in it. The Crystal Gems and their mythos is vastly more interesting than that annoying fat kid that breaks into song.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@waezi2: Blue Pearl was funny great too haha "Not all Pearls know each other Steven"

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By waezi2

@the_stegman:

No Caption Provided

Ah, just kidding. I understand why some can't stand Steven. I didn't like him that much to begin with.

NOW, I adore him:)

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my cup of tea.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This probably goes against the whole theme of the show, but I wish Steven wasn't in it. The Crystal Gems and their mythos is vastly more interesting than that annoying fat kid that breaks into song.

The show honestly doens't really seem to be all that interested in developing him either. They turned an episode which could have taught him the dangers of war into an episodic where Pearl cries again about Rose. I thought the show was cute the first few episodes, but when it decided to get serious I rated it harder and it just doesn't stand to par. The straw that broke the camels back for me was they fixed the two lesbians who form that big ones relationship by having Steven bitch and cry.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

@saintwildcard: Yeah, Garnet and the two lesbians that make her up were so interesting, and it would have been better to have them work out the inner turmoil on their own instead of making up cause it made Steven feel bad, though, I guess you can say it's a metaphor for parents fighting while the child is in the middle.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Yeah, Garnet and the two lesbians that make her up were so interesting, and it would have been better to have them work out the inner turmoil on their own instead of making up cause it made Steven feel bad, though, I guess you can say it's a metaphor for parents fighting while the child is in the middle.

And how many times does a kid crying fix the problem? (or stop a divorce from happening) Yes, it would have been more interesting for htem to work it out, or for Greg to help them get back together to mirror how Garnet helped him get closer to Rose. IDK, it just seems to me that Steven cries or whines and gets his way.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_stegman  Moderator
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

And how many times does a kid crying fix the problem? (or stop a divorce from happening) Yes, it would have been more interesting for htem to work it out, or for Greg to help them get back together to mirror how Garnet helped him get closer to Rose. IDK, it just seems to me that Steven cries or whines and gets his way.

Eh, I disagree. The problem was that they refused to act like adults and solve the problem together. Ruby yelled and complained like a teenager because it felt nice just to be angry and getting a release that way, instead of trying to solve the problem. Sapphire didn't want to argue and instead shut herself down, waiting for the argument to be over, just looking way into the future where the argument is over, even though her future-vision is not 100% trustworthy. But once they realize that they are jerks to poor Steven and that they ruin what could have been a nice trip for him, they realize that they handled the problem poorly.

And if Steven got his way by "whining", then Garnet would have just made peace with Pearl right away.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@saintwildcard said:
@the_stegman said:

Eh, I disagree. The problem was that they refused to act like adults and solve the problem together. Ruby yelled and complained like a teenager because it felt nice just to be angry and getting a release that way, instead of trying to solve the problem. Sapphire didn't want to argue and instead shut herself down, waiting for the argument to be over, just looking way into the future where the argument is over, even though her future-vision is not 100% trustworthy. But once they realize that they are jerks to poor Steven and that they ruin what could have been a nice trip for him, they realize that they handled the problem poorly.

And if Steven got his way by "whining", then Garnet would have just made peace with Pearl right away.

Yeah, I guess their relationship troubles really don't matter and it's really all about him having a good time..... how does that change what I said about taking a serious problems and having it fixed by him crying?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: When you are a parent, your problems are not as important as your child. And no one forced Garnet to tag along. SHE wanted to go with Greg and Steven. She could have gone somewhere else to defuse and have a fight.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SaintWildcard

@waezi2 said:

@saintwildcard: When you are a parent, your problems are not as important as your child. And no one forced Garnet to tag along. SHE wanted to go with Greg and Steven. She could have gone somewhere else to defuse and have a fight.

Hmmm, and yet divorces and fights still happen. He wasn't dying, he just wanted to have a good time. It doesn't matter that they tagged along, if hurting Steven's feelings was the issue, then apologize but them getting back together was bogus. If Steven was in danger and they had to put aside their differences, fine. But the issue is still bigger than Steven wanting to have a good time and can't be solved by him crying about it. I read somewhere, that in a movie when two people get together after going on a dangerous adventure or being in danger, it's common for them to break up after the danger is gone because their relationship was only formed out of fear and junk. There were many ways of solving the issue that would have been better. Like I said, Greg helping them would have been better symbolically and a way to pay them back for helping him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

@waezi2: sorry, I don't watch enough to participate.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: No, the problem was that they made him feel like it was HIS fault they were fighting. And I didn't say the episode was perfect.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shadowmaster91

I think that some people are forgetting the importance of Steven in the show. Basically, everything that is happening in the show is because of him (both, good and bad (which is only one)):

Bad thing:

-The distancing between the gems at the beginning and the selfdoubts that had appeared (with the dead of Rose and everything, has caused a trauma in the three of them which has make them cope with it in different maners). The main example of the distancing is between Pearl and Amethyst.

Good things:

-Discover Peridot (Steven did that)

-The change of side of Peridot

-Discover the Cluster (with Rose being there instead of Steven, I bet that Peridot would have stayed bubbled)

-Discover that at least some of the Gem-monsters can be tamed (Centipeetle) (which Rose never achieved)

-Free Lapis (I am sorry, but I consider this a good thing) (and turn her to their side (future thing))

-If Rose were alive and the four were captured by Homeworld (Jailbreak), then they would have stayed captured (Steven was the one to free them by simple being half human)

- And the MAIN thing: give the Crystal Gems a true reason for them to fight for Earth. Before him, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl only protected Earth because Rose ideals; but now (thanks to both Steven AND Greg) they have bonded with the humans (which they didn't give a passing though in the past) that are around them.

Also, I know that he can be somewhat annoying, but he is a kid and children can be like that.

@saintwildcard: Yes, couples divorce; but that is one of many possible consequences for couples when they fight. The authors of that episode, considered another option, which is the parents seeing the effect that their fights have on their child/children. When the fight is for something superfluous or if both are fighting for something they agree but are too emotionally invested in who is right to say that they agree, then seeing the suffering of their child/children, that they love, then would make them feel a big shock which would make them see their fight in another perspective and make them go back to the right road.

Another thing, I know that many find Steven annoying because he sings all the time, but that has a logical explanation (together with why the gems sing too (this idea is before the flashback that showed Ruby and Sapphire singing)) that I think not even the authors could have given a deeper thinking (and which I found in a fanfic):

-Greg is a ex-musician and the first human with who they interacted a lot. Maybe, after Greg quited being a musician, he began to sing from time to time for himself or for Rose or for Steven and the Gems and Steven picked up the habit of singing from him thinking that it was normal.

PS: Behold this post, because it is the first post that I have made........ ;-)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know how to ask question to the crew of SU? i want to ask them if Steven has family from Greg side (Uncles, aunts, grandparents...... cousins?)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: Well, there's Uncle Grandpa:P

Alright seriously, I'm pretty sure the Crewniverse has a tumblr. But so far, Greg haven't said anything about having any living relatives. Only the dead ones, like his rich uncle you left him his mansion... Only, Greg lost the will, so...

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For that reason I want to try my luck and ask them.... or make someone ask them (I don't have a tumblr or Twitter)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: I'm gonna make a tumblr one of these days, so I could do it.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peridot is my favorite gem.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: Well, she IS adorkable. I can not wait for Lapis to appear and let the awkwardness begin:

Loading Video...

Truthfully. I am waiting for Amethyst x Peridot and Lapis x Pearl. (This is only because both possible couples are of the same size)

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: Sorry, Peridot x Steven gives me the creeps. He is boy, she is a rock far older than Steven that barely understand relationships. Sorry, I will respect your decision, but I can not see it.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91: Age shouldn't matter. Isn't Steven older than Connie but can change his size at will? He ages slower than normal.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: Yeah, but one thing is less than 2 years and another is decades or hundreds or years. But taking away the age, the personality of Peri is not a good one for Steven. I can respect that you like it, but I feel that it would be a bit too forced.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pandalumina

@shadowmaster91: Has Lapis became a gem yet? You were right when you said she and Pearl could be a match.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: No, but that video has been shown for some time already and I think it was a leak from CN