Starro the Conqueror as Justice League Villain?

sharingan_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sharingan_eyes

With the news of Superman/Batman coming out in 2015 and a potential Justice League movie in 2017, many have been debating about who the first villain should be to bring the Justice League together. It will most likely be Darkseid as he was the first to bring them together in the New 52 (Which DC will probably try to stick to) but I think that Starro the Conqueror would be a better choice. Much like how Marvel's The Avengers stuck to having Loki being the factor to make the Avengers Assemble, I think DC should stick with Starro who was the first villain the JL fought as a team.

I would love to see Darkseid in a movie, but I feel he is so large that he should be used later, after the team has some history and fighting experience together, plus, it would help separate them from the Avengers' Thanos who has been hinted at appearing soon. I was thinking of having him buried deep in the sea and unearthed by a team of underwater excavators around 2000. Since then, Starro has sent out ''starfish parasites'' to infect key people in the world, (UN members, political figures, celebrities etc.) We can then show Aquaman discovering a nest of these parasites and having them attack him and his fellow Atlanteans. We can perhaps cut to a few of them washing up ashore in Gotham City and having Batman try to figure out what they are. Finally, Starro makes his move and attempts mass world domination with his army of enslaved humans and it is up to the heroes to team up and stop him, forming the Justice League.

This is just a rough idea, but I just wanna see Starro!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yokergeist

A giant starfish. Do you honestly think that a giant starfish will turn out in the movies? No.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Can we even go the alien invasion route anymore?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i prefer my antagonists for movies to have character development

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see Starro working in a sequel. Alien character comes to earth to warn the JL that an alien conqueror is on it's way to earth, flee while there is still time.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6 JediXMan  Moderator

Not Starro. He's just... lame.

I vote for Brainiac or Darkseid.

The vast majority of Justice League villains are aliens, so yes.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@jedixman said:

@cameron83 said:

I don't think the media can take more alien invasion movies...I thought they would've went with a different route..

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@cameron83 said:

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

See I disagree. Starro is a giant creepy looking starfish that turns people into hive minded zombies...that freaking cool...to me at least.

Also, two of the best episodes of the Batman Beyond series are "the Call parts 1 and 2", and two of the best episodes of "Batman: the Brave and the Bold" series were "the Seige of Starro parts 1 and 2"....what did they have in common?? They both had Starro, goes to show that with the right writer anything can be cool

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No....he's just way too lame. The general audience is not going to accept a giant floating psychic starfish as the villain for JL. Just use Darkseid.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By batmannflash

If they use Starro, he could be used as a secondary villain. Maybe Vandal Savage uses Starro for his plans? It'd be cool if Savage leads a team of super villains, with Starro playing a minor part

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People, last time I checked the guy had a humanoid body, he's not just a giant starfish anymore.

And besides, how is a giant intergalactic parasite lame? how could you not love that combination of words?

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LaserLambert

He was deemed too lame for the Justice League cartoon. come on, do you actually even like him? he's neat in a silver age kinda way but is he worth wasting a movie that could have any other villain?

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StrangeMan

@laserlambert said:

He was deemed too lame for the Justice League cartoon. come on, do you actually even like him? he's neat in a silver age kinda way but is he worth wasting a movie that could have any other villain?

Actually, the Justice League cartoon was originally going to be developed in the late 90s, after Superman TAS, but Warner didn't greenlight the project and produced Batman Beyond, but when the Justice League made their debut in the DCAU, in the Batman Beyond episode "The Call", they made sure that the first villain the JL fought in their Universe was good ol' Starro (not chronologically, but in appearance, hell, Starro isn't even the first chronological Justice League in villain the comics).

Besides, it's freaking obvious that they're not gonna have the same Starro be the villain in the movie, they're gonna reinvent him, that's so obvious I feel stupid to even have to point it out, and the core concept for the character can be reinvented in really cool ways, you just gotta have some imagination.

Avatar image for deactivated-626896050b0b6
deactivated-626896050b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at this thread

Bump

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A giant starfish. Do you honestly think that a giant starfish will turn out in the movies? No.

LOL this aged well.

Avatar image for deactivated-626896050b0b6
deactivated-626896050b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: yeah lmao