Star Wars Ultimate Canon Character Power/Strength Tier list

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alextheboss

Hey, I'm planning on make a video about this for my youtube channel next week, so I just wanted to post my current tier list here and get some feedback from you guys. Keep in mind this list is canon only, and if you think I should make a change please give me your reasons with canon feats and reasoning. If you wish to see my video when it's done let me know and I will tag you (I will probably post it here).

Also these are the rules of the tier list.

The rules of the tier list is I think anyone on the same tier has a chance of beating other characters on the same tier, but I think the ones on the left are more likely to win. If a character is a tier below another one, I think it’s unlikely they would win, but it doesn’t necessarily mean I think it’s impossible. If a character has a lack of feats, I put them as far right on the tier as possible, which doesn’t mean I think they are definitely weaker than the others, but just that they haven’t proved that they’re above them.

Old Tier List

No Caption Provided

Updated Tier List

No Caption Provided

Video

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what puts rey above Yoda and Sidious

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whatamiseeing: That's all jedi Rey. Normal episode 9 Rey is the tier below.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if I'm mistaken as it's difficult to see the picture from my phone but You have Shaak Ti under high knight. She was a jedi master on the council. So shouldn't she be at minimum low master tier?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alextheboss

@zackattack14: I put her there due to her lack of feats. Unfortunately you have people like Coleman Trebor giving jedi masters a bad name, so you can't automatically say they are powerful just because they are masters. Also the naming of the tiers is more for show. They are somewhat accurate imo, but they are really just star wars themed tiers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice list.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

Interesting. I agree with a lot, but there's also a lot I find... disturbing.

How is Rebels Ahsoka an entire tier above Grievous when she was closely matched by a worse Maul than the one Grievous at worst closely matched? Even if for some reason you still don't subscribe to the idea that Grievous trounced him on Zanbar, there's still their lengthy bout on Dathomir.

How is Adi Gallia an entire tier beneath Savage when she closely matched him on Florrum? Even if for some reason you still don't subscribe to the idea that Gallia outfought him, she still lasted awhile and landed a blow.

How is Eeth Koth multiple tiers beneath ROTS Anakin when he gave post-ROTS Vader the fight of his life? Even if for some reason you still don't subscribe to the idea that Koth outfought him, it was still a marathon fight that ended in a stalemate, with both opponents tagging the other numerous times.

How is Eeth Koth an entire tier beneath Grievous when an injured Koth fought him to a standstill? Even if for some reason you still don't subscribe to the idea that Koth outfought him, they still stalemated.

How is Grievous an entire tier beneath Obi-Wan when he hardpressed him in ROTS? Lol, even Obi-Wan's superior in Anakin was straining against IG-102.

How is Quinlan an entire tier beneath Dooku when he literally disarmed him in a duel? There was a stylistic edge but that only determines a fight between comparably skilled duelists.

How is Adi Gallia an entire tier beneath Grievous when she was able to compete with him in Nomad Droids?

AOTC Anakin is literally a peer of the Ventress who was toyed with by early war Obi-Wan, it's not possible for them all to be on the same level, much less with Grievous who has blazed through TCW Obi-Wan on numerous occasions.

Cere is a random Knight, Malicos lost to fodder like Cal on a DS nexus, Tapal's only showing is putting on a Zett Jukasa performance against clones, how is Knox youngling tier when he is literally a Padawan. All the Masters with no anti-feats (Halsey, Shaak, Mundi, Plo, Aayla, Di, Piell) should be Master tier... That's self explanatory. Nahdar held his own against Grievous, so he should be much higher.

Luminara outclassed early war Ventress, yet you have her in the same tier as AOTC Anakin who struggled against that very same Ventress.

Kylo & Rey have done nothing and have no accolades to suggest they're even Knight level. All the non Force sensitives bar Grievous should be placed in Padawan tier at best. Padawan tier is also where all the Padawans should be, seems obvious. With the exception of Anakin, since he's the Chosen One.

EDIT: I didn't read the rules before posting, so that renders most of this moot.

Though, why do you think the Father is < Sidious? He's stronger than the Son & Daughter combined.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why aren't the ones in a tier of their own? With maaaaybe chosen one powers Anakin. Is it for lack of feats in current canon?

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By firelordiroh

@alextheboss: Ben Kenobi is weaker than ROTS Obi-Wan and Mace should be in grandmaster tier imo or have placements in both High master and grandmaster indicating that he's close but maybe not their yet, but really great list overall it's really impressive. I'd be interested in seeing your video as well.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

Also, if you have Mother Talzin up there, then by default you have to put Old Daka there too, since she is canonically more powerful and knowledgeable than Talzin.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why aren't the ones in a tier of their own? With maaaaybe chosen one powers Anakin. Is it for lack of feats in current canon?

Full power Anakin would be ~ prime Father who is more powerful than the combined force of Daughter & Son. So technically, the Father & Mortis Anakin should be in their own tier, with the Son & Daughter plus the giant ram thing in their own tier below. The Whills too.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:

Full power Anakin would be ~ prime Father who is more powerful than the combined force of Daughter & Son. So technically, the Father & Mortis Anakin should be in their own tier, with the Son & Daughter plus the giant ram thing in their own tier below. The Whills too.

Yeah, I just suggested one tier for simplicity. IDK who the Whills are though.

Avatar image for deactivated-635a8f29e06c3
deactivated-635a8f29e06c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally i'd shift Windu up one tier and shift Jar Jar up to God tier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: In canon its unclear exactly who the whills are, but in the old EU it was confirmed that those force priestesses that yoda meets on the force planet are indeed the whills.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

@rukelnikovftw: In canon its unclear exactly who the whills are, but in the old EU it was confirmed that those force priestesses that yoda meets on the force planet are indeed the whills.

Yeah that's who I meant.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

Yeah that's who I meant.

Ahhh the masked beings? Cool, they had lots of implied power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: @lord_tenebrous: They are at least powerful/high-up enough in Legend to regard the Father as a peer, and i quote:

"[The Servant] soon became the Father’s wife, and thus was known as Mother to his offspring. For many years, the family seemed healed and complete, and the Father came to see that as the Son was Power and the Daughter Wisdom, he Justice, and she Love, then the four traits of the Eternal were in balance. Surely this must be the Will of the Force, a gift from the Supreme Maker for his sacrifice. She brought nothing but joy and peace to the Ones, redirecting the Son and Daughter’s powers for useful purposes. Even the Shamaness who guarded the world of the Midichlorians could not convince him otherwise, for she reminded him that the Force was love, not this mysterious stranger whose guise even she could not penetrate. Yet, he would not send Mother away, for he loved her."

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilambda said:

@rukelnikovftw: @lord_tenebrous: They are at least powerful/high-up enough in Legend to regard the Father as a peer, and i quote:

"[The Servant] soon became the Father’s wife, and thus was known as Mother to his offspring. For many years, the family seemed healed and complete, and the Father came to see that as the Son was Power and the Daughter Wisdom, he Justice, and she Love, then the four traits of the Eternal were in balance. Surely this must be the Will of the Force, a gift from the Supreme Maker for his sacrifice. She brought nothing but joy and peace to the Ones, redirecting the Son and Daughter’s powers for useful purposes. Even the Shamaness who guarded the world of the Midichlorians could not convince him otherwise, for she reminded him that the Force was love, not this mysterious stranger whose guise even she could not penetrate. Yet, he would not send Mother away, for he loved her."

That seems to imply the Father is above the Shamaness. However, im very intriguied by this "Supreme Maker", I was always under the impression there was no "God" in SW, is it ever mentioned again?

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gaoron

AOTC Anakin is literally a peer of the Ventress who was toyed with by early war Obi-Wan

Lol what? Ventress disarmed Obi and forced him to flee two times, Obi disarmed her only once. Your personal bias strikes again, noone was toying with anybody in that fight and if anything Ventress was portrayed as slighly superior. @lord_tenebrous

Luminara outclassed early war Ventress

Again, what? Do you even know what "toyed" or "outclassed" means?? Luminara got kicked and needed Ahsoka's help ffs. They also stealmated each other in the force.

@alextheboss

Nice list overall but you should either up Quinlan Vos a tier or seperate his light and dark sides. As a dark sider he beat Dooku and completely ragdolled Ventress which by your rules should put him on high master tier.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By eslay03

@alextheboss: Nice list, it’s hard to see right now because I’m on mobile.

Would you please tag me when you post the video?

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gaoron

Outside of Quinlan Vos here's some smaller gripes I have:

- TPM Maul should be below prime Ventress and S7 Ahsoka

- Don't think Kylo Ren received a whole tier of a power up between any of the movies to have him seperated like that, instead of wasting a slot on him add my boy Embo :D

- Ahsoka even at her earliest beat 3 magnaguards while restricted with a baby and held off Grevious, she's a close match for any of the non sensitives in a tier above her for sure

Nice list. Although I think ANH Obi wan and Mace should be swapped, everything else is pretty solid though.

Yeah this too, Mace at the bottom of Grand Master Tier and old Ben at the peak of High Master Tier.

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice list. Although I think ANH Obi wan and Mace should be swapped, everything else is pretty solid though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ones and Mortis Anakin should be in a tier of their own. Nice list anyway

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuinLan Vos should also move up a tier.

Krasny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ones and mortikin should be in a tier by themselves. All jedi and all sith dont match them so makes no sense to have them ranked the same. Even than all jedi rey did nothing impressive.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Necromancer76

Just 1 comment from me since I see you already have a lot of other comments to work with:

What makes RoS Sheev greater than Mortis Anakin who was the "only one" who could overpower the Ones?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just 1 comment from me since I see you already have a lot of other comments to work with:

What makes RoS Sheev greater than Mortis Anakin who was the "only one" who could overpower the Ones?

@krasny said:

The ones and mortikin should be in a tier by themselves. All jedi and all sith dont match them so makes no sense to have them ranked the same. Even than all jedi rey did nothing impressive.

The ones have a lot of hype, but by feats they have nothing on par with one shotting an entire fleet made up of thousands of ships, and while they did casually use the force to dismiss Anakin, Obi-wan, and Ahsoka, zombie Palpatine casually force dominated prime Ben and Rey, which is honestly more impressive.

So could they be above Dyad Palpatine and all jedi Rey? Yes. They just don't have feats in the current canon to prove it.

That statement was made before Dyad Palpatine was even a thought in the writer's minds and he did not exist in the star wars universe in that point in time either. You can't use that statement alone to prove your point.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By alextheboss

@firelordiroh said:

@alextheboss: Ben Kenobi is weaker than ROTS Obi-Wan and Mace should be in grandmaster tier imo or have placements in both High master and grandmaster indicating that he's close but maybe not their yet, but really great list overall it's really impressive. I'd be interested in seeing your video as well.

@ilambda said:

Personally i'd shift Windu up one tier and shift Jar Jar up to God tier

@bink_69 said:

@gaoron said:

Yeah this too, Mace at the bottom of Grand Master Tier and old Ben at the peak of High Master Tier.

I knew there would be a little controversy over my Ben Kenobi and Mace placements so here is my explanation. Mace's only legit ticket for being in the tier above is if he actually beat Palpatine, but there is still the possibility Palpatine threw the fight, and Mace has a few anti feats and none of his other feats indicate he is a pier of Palpatine or Yoda. So do I think Mace can be the tier above? Yes. I'm basically going to say, Mace is at least at the high end of high master, and if his win over Palpatine was legit he would be in grandmaster, but I think his lack of force feats makes him lose the solid majority to everybody in that tier anyways, so I'll just keep him at the top of high master to be safe.

As for Ben Kenobi's placement there, that was another decision I wasn't completely sure with, but he was basically able to stalemate Vader until he decided to let himself die, and canon Vader is arguably the best duelist in canon and at least in the top four, with Sidious, Yoda, and Luke being the only ones possibly above him. Ben also has the feat of beating Maul in three moves, which is something I can't see anyone else replicating. Yes, it was somewhat circumstantial, and Obi-wan used his experience and intelligence to win like that, but I think that's a part of what makes someone a true master. If Ben Kenobi just mindlessly tried to duel with straight up speed and power, he would probably lose to Mace and even Maul, but what sets him apart is he truly uses his mind and skill. You can tell by the way they were dueling, even Vader was cautious, as if you make one slip up with Ben, you are getting cut down

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, if you have Mother Talzin up there, then by default you have to put Old Daka there too, since she is canonically more powerful and knowledgeable than Talzin.

Can I see the evidence for her being more powerful than Mother Talzin in combat?

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: They don't need feats when they have holistic portrayal and statements. The Son escapig Mortis was treated by everyone involved (including the Father) as the end of the galaxy. It would be simply lore breaking for Sidious to be comparable with them, regardless of the All Sith amp.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Nice list overall but you should either up Quinlan Vos a tier or seperate his light and dark sides. As a dark sider he beat Dooku and completely ragdolled Ventress which by your rules should put him on high master tier.

QuinLan Vos should also move up a tier.

I haven't actually read the book which may be the problem here but from my understanding

Dooku would have killed Vos, but Ventress sacrificed herself to save him. With the rage boost of his lover being killed in front of him he was able to beat Dooku. So it seems like one of those things where episode 1 Kenobi was able to take on Maul. Vos definitely seems powerful, but I'm not sure if deserves to be the tier above where the true powerhouses are, especially how it sounds like he was about to be one shot by lightning. Even Rey at the bottom of that tier could blow up transports with her lightning by accident.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi: The end of the galaxy could be a hyperbole or due to the force being thrown off balance. There was a what if scenario where the son escaped, and the galaxy did not end, iirc they just created a new empire.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Vos fought Dook 3 times. First time Dooku won while Vos was also helped by Ventress

Second time (After Vos got so more training) Vos defeated Dooku fair and square, no rage amp involved. Vos had a stylistic advantage tho.

Last time is the one you're refering to, but Dooku was injuried and it wasn't really a fight. Vos just reflected Dooku's lightning.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: That one if scenario is not canon. If you involve legends the Son got scaling from Abeloth. Not to mention that we didn't saw The Son's upper limit in that story. Actually, he didn't fought anyone in that story, he just amped Anakin.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By alextheboss

@gaoron:

- TPM Maul should be below prime Ventress and S7 Ahsoka

Dooku said he hoped Savage could reach the level of the great sith lord darth Maul. That seems to make me think Dooku thought TPM Maul was greater than any version of Ventress. And S7 Ahsoka kind of relies on her PIS victory over a holding back Maul to say she is above TPM Maul. I think prime Ventress and S7 Ahsoka being put above Maul are reasonable opinions, which is why they are in the same tier, and pretty close in that tier at that.

- Don't think Kylo Ren received a whole tier of a power up between any of the movies to have him seperated like that, instead of wasting a slot on him add my boy Embo :D

Embo is actually mentioned in my video. I say he is around the same level as Aura Sing. And I think it makes sense that Kylo/Ben would have gotten a tier stronger after a year of being supreme leader. It was also implied he might have been above Snoke at that point and if the knights of Ren are around Snoke's royal guards he clearly got way stronger.

- Ahsoka even at her earliest beat 3 magnaguards while restricted with a baby and held off Grevious, she's a close match for any of the non sensitives in a tier above her for sure

A stronger version of Ahsoka lost to Aura Sing pretty badly. Ruhk gave Kanan and Ezra trouble, and Saxon is one of the best Mandolrians in the galaxy, Hando gave Anakin troulbe, Snoke's guards gave Kylo and Rey trouble, so it is doubtful beginning of CW Ashoka stands much of a chance against them. The knights of Ren are the only ones I can see her actually having a solid chance against and they are basically at the bottom of that tier.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi: In their second fight was it possible Dooku was underestimating him or not going all out?

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

The end of the galaxy could be a hyperbole or due to the force being thrown off balance

The balance was being thrown allready at that point (after the Daughter died) so it can't refer to that. It clearly refers to the Son's personal power.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Not sure. I know is kind of stupid that Vos of all people defeated Dooku but it is what it is. But again, Vos has a stylistic advantage so at least there is that.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous:

Though, why do you think the Father is < Sidious? He's stronger than the Son & Daughter combined.

The Father used in this tier list is the one we see in season 3, not him in his prime.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good list

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: The Supreme Maker is speculated to be the same being that's referenced whenever droids say 'thank the maker'. In fact, that phrase is sometimes used in place of the word 'God' in-universe. But other than that there's not much info about him, except that its assumed that the celestials serve him.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: TPM Maul is overhyped and he fought 2 featless Jedi, that’s his least impressive feat actually

TCW Maul >|= Rebels Maul >>>>>>>>> TPM Maul

OT: I’d move Mace Windu up a tier for defeating Sidious

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: TPM Maul is overhyped and he fought 2 featless Jedi, that’s his least impressive feat actually

TCW Maul >|= Rebels Maul >>>>>>>>> TPM Maul

OT: I’d move Mace Windu up a tier for defeating Sidious

There's no evidence that TPM Maul is vastly inferior to his later incarnations, that's ludicrous. If anything he should be stronger, given that TCW Maul hasn't used a lightsaber in over 12 years, so he'd be far more out of practice than Rebels Maul is compared to TCW Maul.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@alextheboss said:

@lord_tenebrous:

The Father used in this tier list is the one we see in season 3, not him in his prime.

He was still more powerful than them, his power just drained quickly and was diminishing. Him and Mortis Anakin should be in a tier of their own, and the Ones are supposed to be the embodiments of their separate sides of the Force. ROS Palpatine having better feats than them doesn't have anything to do with how close he is.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@lord_tenebrous: out of practice doesn’t bother other masters in Star Wars.....at all. It’s never bothered Obi Wan that much who still contended with Vader as an old man or Yoda or Sidious or Dooku or Ahsoka who hasn’t used a lightsaber in like 10 years (at least not to battle) and then she contended with an Anakin tier opponent. That’s why I’m telling you that Matt Martin’s tweets are most certainly not irrefutable canon unless you’re trying to tell me Maul is the only person that is affected by being out of practice which just isn’t true.

TPM Maul having a mid difficulty fight with a featless Jedi master proves he is in no way equal to his TCW counterpart. TCW Maul would have fodderized him. Prove to me that TPM Maul is stronger than TCW Maul (a version of the character that was literally surviving off of hate)