• 82 results
Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I figured with the close release of the film this would be a good place to discuss the film in its entirety. Any reactions or thoughts would be cool. And restrict spoilers to this place as well.

Share what you feel about the upcoming entry to the Star Wars trilogy.

No Caption Provided

KingHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited for Friday.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Showings are usually Thursday in the evening and midnight times in various areas.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Thursday night tix ??

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kgb725

I heard it's really good and much better than the last film

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very worried

From what I've heard Rey is even more of a Mary Sue than before and Luke is characterised badly but no doubt the audience will lap it up and the Critics will praise it because of SJW

Transforma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke better fight like he's the greatest Jedi Master of all time!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonez_

it got spoiled for me but still excited

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erkan12

Snoke such a disappointment.

Rey improved a lot. Her parents were a huge disappointment and still doesn't make sense why she is powerful.

I expected more from Luke. Especially I wanted that illusion to be real.

Kylo improved a lot.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@erkan12: just out of curiosity did they reveal Snoke's identity?

I have my own theory and would be interested to know if its correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Is it even out yet?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Saw it last night. Review should be up in a few hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was Snoke's identity revealed? Was it good?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: cause I had high hopes and reading the spoiler reviews I don't want to watch this movie at all

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very worried

From what I've heard Rey is even more of a Mary Sue than before and Luke is characterised badly but no doubt the audience will lap it up and the Critics will praise it because of SJW

I'm feeling only slightly better about this one than the last one based upon the reviews I've seen. I was not high on the last one either. Mark Hamill has spoken out about the characterization of Luke in it numerous times. As in he has basically said he hates how they wrote Luke. Will wait for dvd on this one.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erkan12

@strider1992 said:

@erkan12: just out of curiosity did they reveal Snoke's identity?

I have my own theory and would be interested to know if its correct.

***Spoilers***

No they didn't, and not only that he just died with a dirty cheap shot from Kylo Ren.

Just like Kenobi cut Maul, Kylo cut him in half. Snoke wasn't expecting that. But interesting thing that we've seen no sign of life after the cut. Considering Snoke's Dark Side power (which is levitating people from the holograms, ragdolling Rey and one-shotting Kylo) he should've survived that just like Maul did. But he didn't even move.

I've to admit ragdolling a Force sensitive being without even using his hand to concentrate was impressive.

Maul, Dooku, Vader and even Sidious usually uses their hands to do that. I remember Maul choking Satine without using his hands for a while, and Sidious choking the Mandalorian guards,

No Caption Provided

But not like with the same fashion that Snoke did with Rey. He was ragdolling her all over the room whenever he wanted to.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im so pissed off with what they did with Snoke. Didnt show any type of origin, how he got so powerful etc. Just killed him. Waste.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poe stole the show for me

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24 frozen  Moderator

A lot of issues with this film that I will come back to discuss.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night and it was very Meh

My worries kinda came true and honestly the film relied on good visuals too much

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was a shitpile.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suffice it to say, i dont like it.

snoke and luke die like bitches. snoke is just snoke, a nobody. rey is nobody, meaning it was a waste to hide it from TFA, and her power level is nonsensical and absurd. boring and dragged on far far too long.luke taught rey nothing. yoda only shows up to be a troll dickhead and convince luke to help, which he could have done years ago. and there was no big saber throwdown. just one short fight against the red guards.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zepta_Pon

Most of the movie just doesn't make any sense. It kinda felt like it's a homage to Luke Skywalker but they sorta ruined him instead.

Snoke went away so easily like a "smoke". Who is Snoke really? Disappointing.

Leia resurrects in space. WTH!

Where did Rey come from? Is Ren lying about her?

Humor is out of place and felt unoriginal.

there's plenty more ??? but meh.

I had high expectations for this movie, but it fell hard. I guess it's my fault now lol.

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New characters are not interesting. I'm calling it: Star Wars will become like Star Trek. It will decline in popularity because new characters are boring, uninspiring and definitely NOT iconic. Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader, Rey is not young Luke, Finn is not Han Solo and old Luke is not Obi-Wan Kenobi.

30 years from now people will still associate Star Wars with the old trilogy and the old actors. Nobody will remember Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver.

Do you really think that future generations will be as excited to meet again Rey, Kylo, Finn and all these crappy characters as we are now with Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia? LMAO

I'm sure many people will call me a "hater" or a "troll" but I'm confident that time will prove me right

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair tho,

The light speed sacrifice was lit af, but the commander only thought of doing that after several transport were destroyed already.

And I actually thought Luke tanked those at-at barrage lol.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erkan12

@zepta_pon said:

Most of the movie just doesn't make any sense. It kinda felt like it's a homage to Luke Skywalker but they sorta ruined him instead.

Snoke went away so easily like a "smoke". Who is Snoke really? Disappointing.

Leia resurrects in space. WTH!

Where did Rey come from? Is Ren lying about her?

Humor is out of place and felt unoriginal.

there's plenty more ??? but meh.

I had high expectations for this movie, but it fell hard. I guess it's my fault now lol.

I don't think Kylo lied to him, since he also said ''you know too right'' and Rey didn't disagree with it. But still I wouldn't be surprised if it was something else. I am thinking another birth directly from the Force, but the parents didn't realize that it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney/Lucasfilm etc really have ruined SW, this film was terrible. Half way through I was looking at my watch hoping the two and half hours were up. So disappointed!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Erkan12

@oldboy93 said:

New characters are not interesting. I'm calling it: Star Wars will become like Star Trek. It will decline in popularity because new characters are boring, uninspiring and definitely NOT iconic. Kylo Ren is not Darth Vader, Rey is not young Luke, Finn is not Han Solo and old Luke is not Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Forget about Vader. Even Maul or Dooku tier would be more than enough, but Adam Driver is still average in terms of popularity. The directors and writers are also to blame.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GXrevs06

@erkan12 said:

Rey improved a lot. Her parents were a huge disappointment and still doesn't make sense why she is powerful.

Kylo improved a lot.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. His death was really underwhelming. He was hyped up in the first movie to be this powerful force user and was stated to be stronger than Palps yet goes out in the most anti-climatic and bullshit way possible. He was probing Kylo's mind but could not sense what he was doing at all? The same guy who was casually ragdolling Ray, who was shown to be Kylo's equal in force power

Oh and apparently Rey can pull of jedi master level force TK after mere 3 lessons. Really? Not even Luke could pull that off in ESB

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MonsterStomp

The biggest issue I had with the film is the lack of plot explanations. As others have already stated, Snoke kinda just came out of nowhere. Which was a waste, because he was every bit as imposing as Vader was, if not more so. Leia somehow came back from certain death (I guess the force is a plot device now?).

I actually liked Kylo Ren this time around. He was less of a raging child who wants wants wants, and more of a man capable of choosing his own path and taking decisive action. I also liked the dynamic that was shown between Kylo and Rey.

Rey was great. Its just hard for me not to love such a charismatic character.

Poe and Finn were show stealers in my opinion.

Didn't like the new Asian chick Finn picked up.

Movie moment: Rey and Kylo team up against the red guards.

Overall as a casual Star Wars fan, I really liked it.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew the Star Wars bubble was going to burst with this one. The Force Awakens was not a good movie. Rogue One was not a good movie. They're both mediocre. People just hyped them because everybody nut hugs Disney and they were the first two Star Wars movies we got since RotS. Now since the allure of Star Wars has dimmed, people are starting to see the cracks. Eventually, Darth Mickey is going to monopolize all of your favorite characters and make them into some homogeneous Disney shell of what they once were. I don't even have to see it, but what you just witnessed with TLJ is basically what would happen with the MCU if the characters/lore/expectations were already established beforehand.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Many issues with this film. Spoilers ahead:

Luke's characterization in this film was a bit odd. We are supposed to believe the man who had faith that his murdering tyranical father still had good in him would just abandon the rebellion? This is not the same Luke we had in ROTJ. His death scene wasn't really a death scene as he 'ascended' but I felt his arc was rushed and a bit of a middle finger to the OT fans

Snoke's death, wtf? What a waste of a character. Kylo being the singular main villain definitely weakens episode 9 now. With ROTJ, we knew the Emperor was the true evil all along - giving the Empire a more sinister feel. Now we've just got emo boy as the main villain

Rey's training was rushed. What exactly did she learn besides some vague statements about the force? Rey leaving Luke to find Kylo is nowhere near as impactful as when Luke left Yoda to fight Vader.

The whole side plot with Finn and Rose on Canto Bright was boring as hell with hamfisted preachy political/environmental messages

Admiral Ackbar's death was disgraceful

Simply put this film doesn't seem to be doing anything new. I didn't get a sense of awe because it is just re-hashing the original trilogy storyline but on a smaller scale. The First Order vs Resistance has less stakes involved TFO is nowhere near as powerful as the Empire was. This film could have had the chance to do a more mystical and fantasical storyline with Jedi lore but chose not to. The fan theories surrounding Snoke as Darth Plaegeus were definitely a lot more interesting than what we got.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@oldboy93 said:

30 years from now people will still associate Star Wars with the old trilogy and the old actors. Nobody will remember Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver.

Do you really think that future generations will be as excited to meet again Rey, Kylo, Finn and all these crappy characters as we are now with Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia? LMAO

I'm sure many people will call me a "hater" or a "troll" but I'm confident that time will prove me right

I just cringe whenever defenders of the new trilogy try to equate Old Obi Wan with Old Luke. They're not the same whatsoever and trying to shoehorn Luke into that role is both lazy and unoriginal.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Erkan12

@gxrevs06 said:
@erkan12 said:

Kylo improved a lot.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. His death was really underwhelming. He was hyped up in the first movie to be this powerful force user and was stated to be stronger than Palps yet goes out in the most anti-climatic and bullshit way possible. He was probing Kylo's mind but could not sense what he was doing at all? The same guy who was casually ragdolling Ray, who was shown to be Kylo's equal in force power

Oh and apparently Rey can pull of jedi master level force TK after mere 3 lessons. Really? Not even Luke could pull that off in ESB

He died like Ki Adi Mundi, a cheap death. Sure Maul suffered the same fate, but Maul shows that he was more powerful than them, kills Qui-Gon and that Obi-Wan's surprise jump, and that pulling the lightsaber just in time move, and Maul's surprised and shocked face, and then the movie ends with that surprise act as a climax.

Dooku dies at the begining of the Episode III, but he KOed Obi-Wan before going down and the duel was satisfying in both skill and scheme wise, Anakin's dark side amped blows and then Palpatine's betrayal and that waiting moment made his death satisfying.

Look at Snoke, he dies like a cheap thug, this is the guy who established the first order, almost destroyed the New Republic and Luke's Jedi Order and seduced Ben Solo to the dark side. I was waiting a much better death than that little scheme of Kylo Ren's. If you want to kill him before the third movie, then it should've been like Maul's cut in half trauma at the end of the movie and with a satisfying move. Kylo killed him and then they are fighting against his Praetorian Guards? What the heck? Why are they even fighting anymore, their leader is already dead. Instead of following Kylo Ren, they suddenly attacked them. Doesn't even make sense and the fight wasn't enjoyable in that regard.

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least this time I didn't have high expectations for the movie. And I didn't like it, Unisteresting story. Uninteresting characters (except Kylo Ren, I really liked him in first 3/4 of the movie and didn't like him in last 1/4). It was also too long. Finn and this girlfriend's (I don't even remember name of any new character) journey was long, boring and completely unnecessary. They fly to random planet, take some random guy, try to mess with Empire First Order detection tool, but they don't succeed. Then First Order's ship got destroyed and they just flew away. On the planet Finn tried to kill himself without doing anything useful and that chick saved him. These two are the definition of useless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate Finn. What a waste of that actor too.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all the hate we give the prequels, at least Lucas gave us more than enough good s**t to cheer for.

This new trilogy has been uninspiring, so far. I just don't feel excited watching these new films(save Rogue One.) I like the actors, but they're either underused or some of the characterization of particular characters are way off.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheVivas  Online

Disappointed. Thoroughly dissapointed.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Driver is the best thing of these sequels

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

I hate Finn. What a waste of that actor too.

This. Boyega is charismatic, loveable dude, but this movie was a waste of him. I honestly feel a bit bad for him (but not too bad cuz he's still in Star Wars xD).

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Many issues with this film. Spoilers ahead:

Luke's characterization in this film was a bit odd. We are supposed to believe the man who had faith that his murdering tyranical father still had good in him would just abandon the rebellion? This is not the same Luke we had in ROTJ. His death scene wasn't really a death scene as he 'ascended' but I felt his arc was rushed and a bit of a middle finger to the OT fans

Snoke's death, wtf? What a waste of a character. Kylo being the singular main villain definitely weakens episode 9 now. With ROTJ, we knew the Emperor was the true evil all along - giving the Empire a more sinister feel. Now we've just got emo boy as the main villain

Rey's training was rushed. What exactly did she learn besides some vague statements about the force? Rey leaving Luke to find Kylo is nowhere near as impactful as when Luke left Yoda to fight Vader.

The whole side plot with Finn and Rose on Canto Bright was boring as hell with hamfisted preachy political/environmental messages

Admiral Ackbar's death was disgraceful

Simply put this film doesn't seem to be doing anything new. I didn't get a sense of awe because it is just re-hashing the original trilogy storyline but on a smaller scale. The First Order vs Resistance has less stakes involved TFO is nowhere near as powerful as the Empire was. This film could have had the chance to do a more mystical and fantasical storyline with Jedi lore but chose not to. The fan theories surrounding Snoke as Darth Plaegeus were definitely a lot more interesting than what we got.

Agreed, especially with part about Snoke. Just when he started to seem like an intelligent and quite sinister antagonist they killed him. And we still don't know who he was, where did he come from et. cet. Such a waste.

Finn and Rose have no chemistry whatsoever.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Such wasted potential please bring back George Lucas, I'd rather watch the prequels at least they respect the lore

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rogueshadow  Moderator

Justice for Ackbar.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Ackbar....also the FO was dumber than a bag of hammers.